Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2002, 08:38 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 189/177/135

Height: 5'7

I start posting again and everyone leaves Do I smell?

Hope all is well with everyone!!!!!!

Hugs,
Amy
Old 04-16-2002, 10:45 AM   #32  
you can call me flower

S/C/G: 205/165/149

Height: 5-5

Amy- my smell o meter is broke on my computer. Can't tell ya if you smell or not!

Chris is going out of town this afternoon and won't return till Friday at 12, when I return to work. I need time alone. I will post more then, I gotta get my shift in for work. Tootles til then~flower
Old 04-16-2002, 11:44 AM   #33  

Hello everyone
Well I decided that although I am a tenant I will not be attending the wake.. I will however post my condolenses online to the funeral home where she will see that in fact I did think about them at this their time of greiving..
I started my TOM earlier then I expected this month I just ended 19 days ago jeez wish my body was normal once in a while..
Today although it is gorgeous out I have to get my house done.. I been putting it off too long..
Amyjo I am sorry . You dont smell!! I just been trying to gt some stuff done and everytime I try I been getting distracted.. Lately it has been more of me being tired than anything..
I finally got my prescrition filled last night.. They been trying to get my order filled but the company has been back logged so there fore the had to substitute my Cipro 100mgs to a Marcobid Caplet for my UTI..They had to get my doc to order the other stuff
Also BIG NEWS!!!!!! I bought a new vaccuum Saturday !! to me that is big news I been sweeping the darn rugs and it just isnt as clean as I wanted them to get so I finally bought a bissell Boss for $45 and 2 pkgs of vaccuum bags at .97 cents a peice
Flower Enjoy your time you get.. My DH works third shift so during the day he is home sleeping so I rarely see him till I wake him up at 4:30ish. During that time I have the house to do and DS to cater to and the regular everyday stuff, very little time for me..
Oh I called the school dept and I need to get a few bits of paperwork so that I can register DS for kindergarten in Sept.. He is looking so forward to school. He was telling me he needs a backpack and binder and notebooks and pens etc etc etc for school.. He thinks he will be walking around with heavy duty stuff when he starts school.. He will be so disappointed when he finds out he dont need all the stuff sissy does for school.Now if I can get him away from his blankies.. Mind you he doesnt take them everywhere but he does need them (in his opinion) to go to sleep with.. Another habit I need him to break is he sticks his thumb in his mouth in order for him to fall asleep .. He doesnt suck his thumb all he does is put it in his mouth with blankie in hand. Now he HATES to get those things washed.. (his blankies not his thumb) He would rather have thoise things stink up the house then to get them washed and dryed..
Well I guess I rambled on enuf I will talk to you all later
Take Care
Sheila
Old 04-16-2002, 02:21 PM   #34  
deleted2

Hi! I haven't been online for a few days--have missed you guys!
My step-mom's mother passed away and I've been doing that family thing.

My eating is way out of control again, I've got to pull it back together NOW!!! I had a great run of 27 days and something always happens to throw me off. What is it with me? I feel pretty lousy and I KNOW BETTER! The eternal mystery....

Old 04-16-2002, 09:03 PM   #35  
Hot Stuff

Hey, I'm still alive. REALLY busy at work, so I'm exhausted when I get home.

Eydie, sorry for your loss, and hope you get back on track soon.

Flower, I read your journal, and I hope things improve for you.

Sheila, I think a card or some acknowledgement of your landlord's passing is sufficient. Don't drag your kids to a funeral. Good idea to speak with her after it's over. I'm sure she will appreciate it.

Amyjo, you don't smell from where I'm sitting!

Kieryne, Kelly, Lamorgan, Punkin, Venus, ruthie....hope you're doing well!
Old 04-17-2002, 11:47 AM   #36  
you can call me flower

Hello friends... here is a cute email I opened this morning.

INNER PEACE

I am passing this on to you.

It is definitely working for me.

I think I have found inner peace. I read an article that said the way
to
achieve Inner Peace is to finish things I had started.

Today I finished two bags of potato chips, a chocolate pie, a bottle of
wine
and a small box of chocolate candy.

I feel better already. :-)

Pass this along to those who need Inner Peace....

Anyways, I have only had a pkg of peanut butter crackers and a big red soda, so I am just halfway to inner peace. I need to find some modivation. It is going to be a lazy day. I kinda want to go back to sleep, but Grif isn't ready for a morning nap. Chris is in Ely NV. He forgot to call last night. Good thing I expected him to forget. MEN He called this morning. It is snowing there. It dropped 30 degrees here in 12 hours on Monday. The cold wind from the north got us good. So his fishing trip isn't the trip he was expecting. I sorta feel bad, but not really. Aren't I awful?

I watched Lake Placid (love Bill Pullman) and then the wedding planner(for the 6th time?) before bed last night. Grif got a good checkup at the docs. He is finally gaining some weight. Could have told them that without the checkup, he is getting heavy! He has a red throat, so gotta go back next week for shots. He has a bit of a cold, that I think he is sharing with me. Nice, that he shares, huh?

I doubt I will be going anywhere till Friday at noon when I go to work. I had to ask god/dess for protection as I drove yesterday. The wind is so strong this week. Monday was the worst in 13 years. over 80 mph. Yesterday gusts were still in the 40-50 range. Took hundreds of trees out. Anyways, Chris took my car to Ely so I have his BroncoII , it has been raised with huge overside nubby tires. Not a good car for the wind. My left thigh was shaking from using his clutch by the time I made it to work. The universe did slow the winds down a bit so I could make it home. As I was on the last block, they picked up again. I was so thankful to be home!!!!

Cooking Light magazine has some good reciepes in this months issue. If I could just get modivated to go shopping and get the ingredients! I am going to try for visual again at work. There may be an opening. I would have more of a set schedule. As much as I think I would be most excellent at mgmt, I think I would like to wait until Grif is older to persue that. I think Chris is frustrated w/ being mr mom, and that is most our problem. He needs to join the working world again and I need a regular schedule. So, a career can wait, I will stick with a lower stress job.

Well, off to clean my home. I should color my hair, but no hair dye and I am not leaving the house. Next week. I think I will clean my nightstand, cosmetic drawers ect first, maybe even my closet. Girlie stuff. Sometimes in a house of all males, I forget I am a girl. Hi everyone.... Hope everyone is safe and happy and at peace with themselves! ~flower
Old 04-17-2002, 12:11 PM   #37  
Is it Friday yet?

Hello everyone!!

Kieryne - Welcome!!!! Nice to see a new face 'round here!!

Amyjo - Hun, I think your headache was *someone's* way of saying "enough!!! You need to rest!!!" Bravo to you for putting your foot down and taking care of yourself!

Sheila - I'm sorry about the landlord's passing. I know, even when it's not someone you are on a friendly basis it's still unnerving when someone passes. I just lost a client of mine and found out when I called a backup number. The person told me "he didn't call you back because he was killed in a bicycle accident 3 days ago." I hung up and cried. I guess a few phone calls were enough to unhinge me.

Flower - I loved your Inner Piece!!! I feel that way about my French Silk Dryer's light ice cream. I keep thinking if I finish it I'll be at piece.... hehehehe

Well, I'm off to the Dr.'s. Still coughing and have NO voice after 2 weeks. I guess that warrants a visit to the doc. I have no insurance though so pray for a cheap visit huh??

Terri
Old 04-17-2002, 12:30 PM   #38  

Hi Everyone

WILDFIRE So good to see your alive and kicking.. I figured you would be a bit busy this time of year anyway (dont ya love tax season) .. After doing my checkbbok last night I am so glad I didnt persue being an accountant.. I overdrew again because of stupid meds..This is the second time I have done that.. Now I know I am not accountant material..I will talk with her when all calms down..

FLOWER I like that inner peace email.. I wish sometimes my DH would forget to call me .. He calls at break everynight when he i working at 12:45 AM to wish me a good nights sleep..Most the time I am SLEEPING when he calls so to ANSWER his call (if I dont he worries then the cops knock at my door) I am WOKEN up!!! Then have to toss and turn to get back to sleep after his call..In the morning I am grumpy and he doesnt understand why..I am thinking of coloring my hair as well,just I know it will be a huge job to do my hair alone,so I put it off more then I should..

EYDIE We have missed you too . I am also sorry for you loss take all the time you need we will be here for you when you get back.. Dont feel bad about the getting off track after all you are going thru some stuff right now , once all is calm you will get back to refocusing on you again..

Well we broke a temp record in our state yesterday .. It reached 88 degrees !! Today is supposed to be even warmer..I decided that my working out outfit is fine enough to wear today , I have NO intentions of going outside in it though..Since doing the working out tape and eating better I have lost a few inches in the waist area which has made the upper part look bigger then normal..And I am getting a bit self consious of the guys double looks and cat calls I have been getting lately.. And to think I am still a far cry away from my goal by 100 pounds!
Well I have alot of stuff to hopefully get done today before it gets TOO hot so I will end for now and check up on you all later
TAke Care
Sheila
Old 04-17-2002, 04:48 PM   #39  
deleted2

I'm determined to get back on track today. So far, so good. Calories are a bit higher than I'd like at this point in the day and I'm SO HUNGRY! Maybe by Friday my stomach will have shrunk some....Nothing to do but drink more water!

Old 04-17-2002, 06:32 PM   #40  
you can call me flower

NEW AGE LULLABY

~Author Unknown~

Hush little baby don't you squall
Momma's gonna buy you a crystal ball
And if you still can't see beyond
Momma's gonna buy you a magic wand
And if that wand don't change your fate
Momma's gonna teach you to levitate
And if the astral makes you sick,
Momma's gonna buy you an incense stick
And if that patchouli smells too rank
She'll buy you a sensory deprivation tank
And if that tank don't float your bones
Momma's gonna buy you some precious stones
And if those gems don't ease your heart
Momma's gonna buy you a natal chart
And if your planets go berserk
Momma's gonna buy you some bodywork
And if your aura still needs kneading
Momma's gonna buy you a past life reading
And if your destiny still stays hid
Momma's gonna buy you a pyramid
And if your chakras all feel stressed
Momma's gonna take you on a vision quest
And if power animals don't come to charm ya
Sorry, kid, it's just your karma.
Old 04-17-2002, 07:12 PM   #41  

Flower ~ I absolutely love it... and it is just my Karma

HeHe
Amy
Old 04-17-2002, 08:44 PM   #42  
Hot Stuff

Hi girls! I'm telling you...there is nothing like some Canadian East Coast music to lift your spirits. Been having some insane, busy, generally stressful days at work and it's been getting to me. Tonight I banished everyone but the cats from my bedroom, plugged in the earphones and cranked my "Fire in the Kitchen" CD and painted my nails a funky color...Aluminum Foil it's called. Bright shiny metallic silver. The cares of the world just seem to fade when I listen to music from down home. Who needs Calgon? Makes me a little homesick, though.

Punkin, hope the doc's visit went well. Feel better soon!

Flower, you're ambitious! I never tackle closet, night stand, and cosmetics all at once! I'd be buried alive...never to be seen again! Love the newage lullaby.

Eydie, come back to the food journal. You were doing well while posting there.

Sheila, you're getting the same weather we are. We hit 30 celsius today!

Hi Amyjo!

Where have the others got to? (oh my...my Cape Breton accent is showing. *L*) Er....where are the others? Lamorgan, you've been unusually quiet...everything okay?

Venus, Kieryne, Kelly, Neiko (have you made it over from the food journal?)...summer is sneaking up on us...time to drop in and help us all get motivated!
Old 04-18-2002, 12:39 AM   #43  

Default howdy

Hey girls,

Thank you for all the welcomes! It is so nice to be here with you. Lindsay says "Hi," too, but she is so busy with school and will be back in the summer.

As for me, I am a 27 year-old lesbian in school (with Lindsay) and trying to lose some weight, too. I weigh 240 and would like to be around 160ish. Trying to do the small meals throughout the day thing, and being easy on the carbs.....

How about everyone else????

Nice to meet you,
Kieryne
Old 04-18-2002, 08:57 AM   #44  
deleted2

Love the lullaby, Flower!

Thanks for the invite back to the food journal, Wildfire--I'll be there.

Gotta get my walk in; I'll check in later!

Old 04-18-2002, 09:18 AM   #45  

I have eaten like a COW lately was edging back up over 150 was starting to freak but still eating.

We are going to the beach in ONE month, I would so like to loose another 10 pounds. Weighed back in the AM at 149, and that is with eating Italian and Mexican for the past two nights. Got myself back on the treadmill this week at least once and have been lifting some weights while DH walks on the treadmil (where that has come from Who knows)

I will post this afternoon, got to shovel in some cereal and get my rear to class.

Hugs to all,
Amy
Closed Thread