Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2002, 10:32 PM   #46  
burned out bus driver

Hi!
Well, I am not going to report anything.................today ended up being one of those disaster days. Irritable Dh, Ds who won't do homework........ oh well........better days are coming!!!!!
Yesterday was great eating.......today not so good (stress is a wonderful thing, eh?)
I will check in tomorrow morning when the dust has settled (literally, Dh decided to rip out some sheet rock tape today and that is dusty!) and all are back to work or school. Maybe sanity will prevail for a wee little bit!
Hope that your weekend went well.
Ginny
Old 04-14-2002, 10:39 PM   #47  

Hello everyone.. HOw are you all doing??

Spryng: I am sorry to hear that you felt that diet wasnt right, we have to do what works for us..

Not much going on DH gone off for a month so I try to stay busy No slip ups today!! horray!! well talk to you all later.

Latisia
Old 04-15-2002, 01:55 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 242/199/160

Height: 5' 5"

Hello!

Did anyone else notice that the print on this site seems so much larger, or did I hit a key or tab that I didn't know existed? I kinda like it this way & kind of not like it. Spryng: I'm sorry to hear that the Fit For Life Program didn't work out for you. I was a little skeptical at first, but now I'm getting the hang of it. As far as I know, you can still have your Mac & Cheese, but not with a meat/protein. Oh!, maybe not....the cheese is considered a protein, isn't it? Well, if it makes you feel any better: I ate Mac & Cheese last week on this plan thinking that it was okay & I still lost! I was reading the "Fitonics For Life" book that is written by: Marilyn Diamond & that one Dr., which I can't think of his name right now. They said that if you can't handle this plan totally, just do the important parts. Just having fruits & fruit juices for breakfast & try to have another meatless meal besides. This would still leave a "free meal" for you & they said that you still should lose weight, but at a slower pace. I feel that if your digestive system seems to be working, which it should if you just eat fruit for BF & also increase your vegetable fibers, why wouldn't it work? Did you get a chance to read the whole book yet? There's a lot of helpful info in it, but I do prefer the "Fitonic's" book better. It's a more revised plan & easier to follow. Well, enough of the "Fit" talk. Did your dh go fishing too? Glad to hear that you had a great time, you deserved to have fun after your hectic week that you had. Ginny: Sorry to hear that your day didn't go too well for you. If it's any consolation to you, the homework with my ds really stunk too! He STILL didn't get his book finished.
He waited until tonight again before he started his homework & then we couldn't find any printable pictures, so I'm up now when I should be in bed, downloading pictures from our CD encyclopedia. It's kinda funny in a way because I have 2 computers going at the same time. I'm posting in between pictures. He needed 8 lion pictures, so this gave me some time to post. I sure can't wait 'til summer, how about you? Will your ds go to summer school? I might put mine in an organizational class that meets for 2 hrs & is only for 6 weeks. So, he'll still have most of the summer off. And for your eating: Hang in there, as I know well enough that you will get back on track. Maybe when you get stressed, you could take a short 5-10 min. walk. My dh wanted Pizza last night & I gave in too & ate 3 pieces of Pappa Murphy's Pizza & a slice of garlic bread. I did make sure that I stayed on the bike longer than usual yesterday & today to try & make up for the extra calories. Since I started this Fit For Life program, if I eat the wrong combination of foods, I feel so bloated. And dream....this pizza really had me dreaming some crazy stuff! So, back to you Ginny: What is your dh remodeling now? My dh ripped off our old wallpaper in our Foyer a few weeks back & now I'm stuck looking at scored-drywall! I guess the outside work & NASCAR is more important to him. I hope your day goes better for you tomorrow, just like I hope mine does. Does it ever go exactly the way we want it to, though? It's never a dull moment @ my house. T-Gal/Latisia: Thanks for keeping our thread going the past several days. I've been reading your posts, but when I'm a peddaling away, it's too hard to type & when I'm done pedlin', no time to post. I do so much enjoy reading your posts though! Oh!, and by the way....I just love your name "Latisia", it's such a pretty name. It's pronounced "Lah tee shah" isn't it? So...where did your dh go for a month? Is he in Virginia trying to "balance" out your move & putting the final touches on it? If not, it sounds like you will have a busy schedule quite soon! While your dh is gone, enjoy the time with your baby. Try not to get too lonely while dh is gone, okay? If you do, turn to exercise before you turn to food. I know it's so easy to turn to food when you're bored. Could you use this time to get together with friends? Spend some "cherished" time with them before your move sneaks up on you. I couldn't remember if you made a lot of friends where you're living now, or not. Does your family live close by? Congratulations on the 2# loss for last week too! It's such a reward in itself, just to see those numbers keep going downward, isn't it? It sounds like you're on a roll now & will be successful with a large loss in the long-run. It's better to take it off slow anyways. Just remember, we're here for you to keep your incentive going. If you reach a plateau, hang in there, as your body needs time to adjust to the new weight. If you stay faithful with your plan, you will be successful. Sheila: Congratulations on your loss! It won't be long & you will be in a new "decade" of numbers. FYI: I call reaching say "259" a new decade because you will be in the 50's then & then the next decade w/b the "40's". I think you know what I mean, don't you? About your picture: I understand where your DH is coming from. I tend to be a little leary on this subject too. I will be posting a picture though, so you ladies can see what I look like. I tried using my dd's "Barbie" digital camera yesterday, but I looked so distorted in the prints & so it really didn't look like me. I'm still looking for that favorite picture of mine. I have to be getting closer at finding it, as I don't have too many boxes to look thru anymore. When I do post a picture, I'll probably only leave it up for a short time, long enough for you gals to view it, or print it out. I wouldn't want any naughty lurkers to see it & the longer we keep these on here, the more time they have for their shannanigan's. And in your case, I believe it was up long enought for us all to view. And for your guess about me: I think with the username "Freckles", people would think that I'm a "Freckled Faced" red head! I really don't have too many facial freckles anymore as this goes back to when I was a child. Now my back, that's another story! I got sunburned a few summers ago & now my back has plenty of them. I usually tan, but too much sun can make anyone burn. Well gals, my printing for ds is just about done & I'm really tired, so I'm going to sign off now & go to bed. See yah all later!
Old 04-15-2002, 09:03 AM   #49  
hangin' in there...

Hi girls, long time no post! I had a busy end to last week, and worked 20 hours over the weekend. But, it's Monday and the start of April vacation week here! Hopefully, the kids won't kill eachother before next week!

I've really been totally off-program since I recovered from being sick... no exercise (except yardwork) and terrible eating. But, today I start anew!!! Fortunately, I've only gained back 2 or 3lbs of my 15 lb loss, and TOM is approaching, so it may not really be that much. I'm hoping by getting back OP, I can minimize any damage done over the past 2 weeks.

I have read every post I missed, and want to say to everyone who have had losses... CONGRATS!!! Keep it up, girls! Sheila, I think it probably was not a bad idea to remove your pic, and I think I'll remove mine, too, since you've all seen it anyway. Spryng, don't feel badly about not sticking to the Fit program. I think going with what has worked for you in the past is a good plan. I have a real hard time with popular diets such as Fit for Life and Sugar Busters, because I think they aren't realistic. They're fine while you are on them, but once you've lost your weight and start eating "normally" again, you gain. I think it's much better to figure a plan around eating regular, everyday foods, the way you normally eat them. I hope I didn't offend anyone by saying that, and I'm not trying to knock anyone on one of these diets. These are just my own personal opinions. Bottom line is that if it works for you, then go for it!

Well girl, gotta get breakfast going for the gang. We are off to do some shopping today, then the rest of the week is supposed to be in the 80's!!! So, I may not be around much. Please pray I keep my sanity through this week!!!

Take care, girls!!! Talk soon...
Old 04-15-2002, 09:15 AM   #50  
hangin' in there...

I'm such a dope! I meant to address all of you, but got wrapped up in my tirade on diets!!! Sorry!!!

Latishia, good luch while dh is away. My dh is ex-army, but never travelled much. Most of his enlisted time was before we even met. He got out after 10 years, just after we had our first child. The demands of the army were very difficult on family life, and thankfully, he chose our family. But, I want to send out a great huge thank you to your dh for working to protect our country, especially in this very tumultuous time!!!

Sheila, guess what?? I actually thought you would be of Native American decent, but didn't put that in my guess!

Ginny, that furry friend in my photo is my girl, Sadie. She is a blue Weimaraner, and my best fur-friend. That pic was taken last June on her first b-day. (I still look the same.) Our other pooch, Cole, was beside him in the pic, but I had to crop him out because the pic was too large to post with him in it. (Cole is a black-labX, and "daddy's boy"!) And thank you for your wonderful compliments... I am just a regular person trying to give my kids a good life.

Spryng, how is dh feeling? Has he been able to see a cardiologist yet? I've been thinking of you.

Jackie, you are such a great Mom to give up your shirt for ds's book! But man, staying up half the night to work on it??? Are you showing me what I have to look forwards to with these kids of mine???

Misty, how are you?

OK, kids are hungry! Bye, gang!!!!

Last edited by gemini; 04-15-2002 at 11:07 AM.
Old 04-15-2002, 10:28 AM   #51  
burned out bus driver

Good morning!!!!!!!!!!!
Well, once again I wish I had time to read and reply to all the posts. I scan them and hope to have the time to read later.
Today seems a bit better- even if only because all of the diffucult personalities are not here. The house looks as though a tornado ran thru it..........whatchagonna do????
I still have bills to do, blah, blah........so I better scoot.
BTW, Dh did call from work this am and apologize for being a monster. He has mellowed somewhat and admitted that he can be difficult at times (an understatement!) Ah,but none of us are perfect.
Off to visit my checkbook! Hope to get back on later. Have a great day!
Ginny
(got up at 5 to walk this am...............hope that I do not fade at 2 this afternoon!)
Old 04-15-2002, 02:52 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 242/199/160

Height: 5' 5"

Exclamation

Hi Everyone!

I have opened up a SAHM's thread #40. Don't forget to read all these old posts if you haven't had the chance to read them yet.
See you at thread # 40!
Old 04-15-2002, 09:40 PM   #53  
SAHM Cheerbabe

Hi everyone!
Spryng, it sounds like you have made a good decision. Do what works best for you and what you feel good doing. I'll email you that calorie counter again. It is alot more accurate than fitday. Maybe you can still incorporate some of the fit for life plan into your low calorie diet. Don't worry about the weight gain either. You have been through so much. It is understandable. Good luck. How's your Dh doing? Did he get to go out fishing with you all today?
I'm really tuckered girls. I hope you are all doing well and to see you posting soon.
Old 04-15-2002, 09:46 PM   #54  
SAHM Cheerbabe

Red face

Oh my goodness. I didn't even see page 4. I never posted to all of you. Here I thought page 3 was the last one ending with Spryng. Duh. Really sorry girls. I'm so tired I'll print out your posts and read them in the morining. I promise to address you all then. Nighty Nite!
Closed Thread