Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2002, 09:24 PM   #1  
Thin Within

Smile Steel Magnolias #155

GOOD EVENING MAGNOLIAS

Time for a new page .....

WELCOME to all who come by here

GAIL that foot of yours needs rest so please do take tomorrow off work and prop it up and ice it down and read a good book. That is my advice for what ever it's worth. Besides I don't charge as much as a doctor.

I think we are going to watch Silence of the Lambs tonight on DVD and then Hanibal tomorrow night. I have seen Silence but wanted to see it again before the new one. Which reminds me, Gail has never eaten lamb and I wish I hadn't. Don't like it one bit. Nope, but those of you who do ~ have at it.

Have a great night everyone.....
Old 04-02-2002, 10:46 PM   #2  

Good Evening, Flowers!
It has seemed like such a long day today! The kids were pretty laid back today; I don't know if it was the shock of being back in school mode or the weather which has turned back to winter's ice cold north winds that take your breath away. We even had some lazy snowflakes fall late this afternoon while the sun was shining. That was weird!

I did go to WW tonight and showed a loss of 1.5#s. I'm not sure how because I was at least expecting a maintain. I give up trying to figure out this weight losing game! I didn't think that I did very well this past week.

Maggie -- I'd love to have the cold slaw recipe if you would share, please? I don't think I could eat "just" 18 points for a day; I don't know how you do it. I can just see those little ants trying to build their village in the picnic table! Thanks for starting the new thread for us. I see that you sent Wendie to me but I didn't take the time to read your note. I was looking for a note from Beth about sending for some Lord of the Dance tickets and she didn't reply.

Gail -- I am so sorry about your fall! I hope that you are back to your old self soon! When I went to the doctor on Monday, he told me to start putting heat on my toe -- like I have time to sit around with the heating pad! He also said, "I assume that you elevated it and put ice on it when it happened." Now, this happened on Friday and I had a date with Amanda for lunch and shopping at the mall! So I wasn't lying when I said yes for I did have ice on it in the car going over to Sioux City! Mine actually feels better when I am standing rather than sitting with it up -- I am really sore in the morning when I get out of bed. I now have a mental picture of you with bags of frozen veggies piled on top of your ankle! I've not ever eaten lamb either . . . my grandparents used to bottle feed lambs when I was a kid and I don't think I could ever eat lamb. Of course, I couldn't eat beef or pork if I had personally known the animal either!

I need to get busy. I am making a fruit dip and taking cut up apples to serve at a meeting tomorrow night. We are doing "healthy" snacks rather than dessert.

Have a wonderful Wednesday, Flowers!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Old 04-03-2002, 12:04 PM   #3  
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

Default Almost Wednesday Afternoon

Hi. I just returned from the orthopedic surgeon's office. I sprained my ankle and I have a chipped fracture in the cuboid bone of my foot. Which he says that will heal itself. He started talking about a cast and I must've scrunched up my face and he proceeded to test my flexibility...and thankfully all I have to wear is one of those sock-brace thingeys. And take Aleve. And continue to elevate and ice it (got lots of frozen veggies for that! ) and baby it in general. I'm staying home for the rest of the week.

Jean, I've hurt my toe before and I'm willing to bet that your toe hurts worse than my foot and ankle...okay, maybe it doesn't...but I know you're hurtin'. Take it easy, okay? Never...NEVER...question the scale when it says you've lost! CONGRATULATIONS! Believe it or not I feel lighter but that's because I've been in bed by 9pm and haven't munched at night. I have no idea how I'm doing as I've stayed off the scale on purpose. How's the little momma doing?

Maggie, I've never watched SILENCE OF THE LAMBS or HANNIBAL and don't plan on doing that! *shudder* I don't like scary movies...as the rule...and I still shudder at the thought of remembering the commercials for either of those movies...Clariiiccccce *shudder* Nope...not gonna watch those movies nor will I ever eat lamb. But you enjoy those movies...I guess... *shudder*

Okay...its lunch time...TIME TO EAT!

Gail
Old 04-03-2002, 03:02 PM   #4  
Thin Within

Default Almost noon......

GOOD DAY MAGNOLIAS

Another beatiful day here in the neighborhood. Ever try typing with a cat drying to lay on your right arm? Not easy.

GAIL do as the doc ordered and enjoy those days off. Kick back in an easy chair with that foot proped up and read a good book.

JEAN CONGRATULATIONS on that weight loss. Take it and be thankful because remember sometimes when we think we have done real well that iron monster will hold on.

Well Cowboy is in for lunch so I had better get it ready. Catch ya later.
Old 04-03-2002, 04:15 PM   #5  
Thin Within

Default Back to finish.....

JEAN to finish - I only eat 18 points two days a week. Anyway for your weight range you won't have to do that on the Wendie plan. I e-mailed that cole slaw recipe to you and hope you like it. Easy to make and I recommend it highly.

My lunch today was yummy - a tri tip sandwich and some cole slaw and sugarfree jello.

Later.......
Old 04-03-2002, 06:32 PM   #6  
Web Nana

GOOD EVENING MAGNOLIAS

Sounds like we have a couple of 'hurtin' gals out there. Sorry to hear about your foot and ankle, GAIL. The only thing to do is listen to your DR. and keep off your foot. I hope it is better soon. JEAN, as for your toe, I can sympathize, it is not an easy thing to live with. Any time you have a sore spot that is the spot that gets hit most often. Keep out of corridors during the change of classes!!

MAGGIE I need to say thank you for your emails. I have passed some of them around and had people ask where I got such cute ones. I won't tell them my source. I just say I know a very computer literate person. Thanks!

Well, you won't believe it but we are going to NC again!!!!
Won't be gone as long as last year but I can hardly wait to get to Raleigh and see Catalina. I understand she is now smiling. Of, course, we are also looking forward to seeing Nick again and his parents. See that's what happens when you have grandkids, the parents take a back seat.

We will be leaving mid May and be back the end of the first week in June. I know we will have a good time and I hope that the weather is as good this year as it was last year.

JEAN I just re read the last posts and CONGRATS on the 1.5 # loss. Any way it comes off is acceptable.

Since we spent all afternoon making reservations I guess it is about time I did some tidying up in the kitchen now.

Gloria in MA......getting some work done.
Old 04-03-2002, 11:36 PM   #7  

Good Evening, Flowers!
I am so tired and sooooooo sore! I helped serve at a meeting tonight, which was supposed to start at 7. We meet in a coffee house meeting room and when we got there at 6:30 there was another meeting going on! The owner assured us they were about done so we stood waiting for another 15 min. Meanwhile the speaker shows up with a car full of "stuff" from Africa and we help her haul it all in. She was interesting but could have presented 2 or 3 programs over a period of time. I thought sure I'd be home by 8:30 and it was 9:30 when I got in the car. I fixed a fruit plate with dip and everyone asked what was in the dip -- I didn't think it was anything to write home about but I'm not a pudding person and I thought it tasted like pudding.

1 package instant vanilla pudding -- mix with
1 1/2 c. milk -- add 8 oz. container of sour cream and 1 Tbsp. lemon juice. Can't get much simpler that that!

Gail -- Lucky you -- I would like a few more days at home but I don't want to sprain my ankle to do it. My foot is pretty sore tonight and I am sitting here with the heating pad on it. Jason says that is to dissolve the blood that has accumulated to make it black and blue. I think the reason it gets so sore is that I don't have a shoe with the same heel height as my slipper. I think Amanda is doing fine -- I haven't talked to her for a couple of days. Thanks for asking.

Maggie -- Thanks for the recipe! I will get some cabbage on my next trip to the store. I used to buy KFC cole slaw but our's has been sold and the last time we were there it was so dirty and the food wasn't the recipes that I remember.

Gloria -- It'll be fun to look forward to another trip down south! Spring is a nice time to travel! How long of a drive is it? I am ready to go some place but I don't know where I'd go. We have reservations at the MN resort in June and that's been planned since last year. In May DH is going to Canada fishing again. It is so cold they were snowmobile suits. I could go along but no TV, no phone, and no microwave is not my idea of the "comforts of home"! Besides, I don't like to fish unless someone baits my hook and takes my fish off!

Well, I need to decide what I am wearing tomorrow. Have a terrific Thursday, Flowers!

Jean -- from Iowa!

Last edited by Jean; 04-03-2002 at 11:40 PM.
Old 04-04-2002, 06:21 PM   #8  

Good Afternoon, Flowers!
It's been quiet in the flower patch today! We are enjoying a beautiful day -- 60 degrees and NO WIND! The sun is out and the sky is blue; it's a great day in the neighborhood!

I have bell choir practice tonight, tomorrow is Friday, and then then weekend will be here!

Gail -- how's the ankle today? Better I hope!

Have a fantastic Friday, Flowers!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Old 04-04-2002, 06:38 PM   #9  
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

Default Thursday Evening

Hi!

Jean, in answer to your question...I over-did it a tad today...had to get off my feet and prop that foot and ankle up. Iced it down some. I even took a nap this afternoon...with my foot stuck up in the air with a bag of frozen mixed vegetables on it! How is your toe?

Gloria, another trip to NC? That's great! My daughter is always accusing me of coming to see Amanda instead of her. Can't wait until Jean becomes a grandmommy--isn't she in for a treat?!

Maggie, I'm hangin' my head in shame...I paid for that little burst of energy I had this morning--I swear all I did was a little bit of housework and now I'm aching. BTW, I really planned my food journal today--even timed the snacks. I'm actually going to bank a point today.

Gail...going back to prop my foot up on the ottoman...
Old 04-04-2002, 11:29 PM   #10  
Thin Within

Arrow Howdy!

GOOD EVENING MAGNOLIAS

This has been a run around day and filled with joy. We had such a good time doing chores and getting a new fire pit put in closer to our trailer. Getting our Dutch ovens out and looking forward to doing some outside cooking.

GLORIA gotta tell you that most of those cute things I send out come from other friends of mine. I just clean them up and pass some along. Thanks for the compliment though. I just know you are getting excited about going to NC again. That sounds like a fun time for you for sure.

JEAN thanks for that fruit dip recipe. That will be so good on these strawberries we picked up today. I might make it and take them to a luncheon we are going to tomorrow. Hummm .

GAIL doesn't that feel so good to have a point of so left over to tuck under your pillow. A day well planned and spent wisely. You go girl. And tomorrow don't do too much. That housework can wait.

Have a good nights sleep everyone..... Friday is upon us already.
Old 04-05-2002, 08:58 AM   #11  
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

Default Friday Morning

Good morning...I'm supposed to be getting ready to go out but instead I'm in here. Yes, I'm going out for a little while this morning--I promise not to walk or rather limp too much but I have a bad case of cabin fever and I need to break out of here!!!! All I'm doing is going to the pharmacy to buy a new sock brace (yippeeee) and going to the grocery store and then right back home again. Wayne will help me. I know I could send him but I NEED to get out of here!

I can see right now if I were home all the time (and not working outside) that I would need to plan my meals and snacks right down to the times I eat them. I'm doing that again today as I ended yesterday successfully on program. I never thought I would say this but I miss walking.

Maggie, I see your weather is going to be in the 80's today (I thought of you when the nationwide weather report was on tv this morning). We're going through a cold spell but by Tuesday it will be back in the mid-70's again. I just hope our Bradford Pear trees will not be damaged tonight when the temp gets down to freezing. I'm looking forward to grilling outside this year also and Wayne has been looking at buying a new grill and giving our old one to my daughter and son-in-law (they lost theirs when their shed caught on fired back in the fall--yes, they caught the 12-year-old arsonist!).

Well, I really need to get ready for the day...

Gail...taking things REALLY slooooow today...
Old 04-05-2002, 12:44 PM   #12  
Thin Within

Arrow Life Is Good

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

Don't know if it will actually make it to 80 degrees here today because it is chilly out there ~ but it may get warmer than it is now. Nice - nice couldn't beat it weather here. We are going to a luncheon today and taking my mother and father. It will be fun to see some folks I haven't seen in 15 years or so. If any of you have the WW mnagazne cookbook titled Cream Of The Crop and haven't made the recipe on page 14 called "Make Ahead Breakfast Casserole" by all means ~ I do recommend it ~ make it! I mixed it up last night and baked it this morning and it is a keeper. A definite Cowboy pleaser. I served that with a small bowl of fresh blackberries and a dollop of that recipe Jean left for fruit dip.

GAIL you go girl! Get out and enjoy the fresh air. You can do this and still take care of your foot. It is nice that Wayne will be along with you. Being out and about and is half the cure. Keep up the good work with your points planning. It will work for you and your future weight losses.

Have an eventful fun filled Friday all you FLOWERS and a safe weekend.
Old 04-05-2002, 05:31 PM   #13  

Good Afternoon, Flowers!
It's Friday and I am doing a happy dance! The sun is out and no wind again today .... beautiful! My DH's boss is having a kick off for a spring campaign tonight but I think I am going to beg off. I don't particularly like the guy, for various reasons, and just can't see riding 2 hours to sit and watch other people whoop and holler. Guess I am getting to be an old fuddy - duddy! DH thinks he keeps track of "who goes to what" so DH feels he should go. I have a real problem when business "fun" carries over to the evenings and weekends especially.

Gail -- I can tell that I have been on my feet by the end of the day. I can put my foot up on a chair but it's just not the same as being home with ice or heat. You take care not to overdo! Here I was going to use my toe as an excuse not to clean this weekend!

Maggie -- Wish I could send my left over dip to you! I meant to take it to school but forgot and now the apples don't look the best. The apples weren't that great to begin with and I was disappointed in them. Our fruit as a whole hasn't been real good lately. I don't have the cookbook that you mentioned . . . recipe, please? If you two like it, I'm sure we will.

I need to go look in my closet for something to wear to a funeral tomorrow. An 80 year old neighbor died; we bought our house from his dad's estate and this neighbor was so excited to have kids back in the neighborhood. They were so good to our kids over the years. Do I go with one shoe and one slipper or should I wear the only pair of sandals (I think) that I can get on? Either way, I will look a little strange.

Have a nice, relaxing weekend, Flowers!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Old 04-06-2002, 12:31 PM   #14  
Thin Within

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

It is going to be a lovely Saturday and I hope to get a few things done around here. Got to figure out what I want to have Cowboy cook in the Dutch oven....his request. Since this is an 18 point day I have to be careful....

JEAN that is good for you to go to funerals to show your support for the living. I am just using that dip for a base for sliced strawberries or blackberries. It makes them so yummy to have a spoonful of that concoction in the bottom of the dish. I have never been an apple fan anyway - but thanks. I will eat an apple but not as a first choice.

Everyone have a nice peaceful easy weekend. I think my older sis and her husband are coming up from the city to be at my moms this weekend.
Old 04-06-2002, 04:51 PM   #15  

Good Afternoon, Flowers!
We've lost our sunshine from this morning and the wind is picking up. We're supposed to get rain and we need it badly. A good rain will wash away the winter grime and turn things green again.

Don't forget to "spring" your clocks ahead tonight!

We just got back from the funeral reception. It was a nice service and we learned things about our friend that we never knew. Jason came home to go with us and got to see his kdg. teacher which always tickles me. She is a tiny little thing and I'm sure he tried her patience to the max. He is now 6', 200+ pounds and towers over her. Whenever she sees me, she always asks about him. She even came to their wedding which I thought especially neat.

Maggie -- I never thought about putting the dip in the dish first. Good idea! Enjoy your visit with your family.

I am off to change clothes and get some hamburgers ready for the grill. Have a nice "rest" of the day.

Jean -- from Iowa!
Closed Thread