Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-21-2010, 10:36 AM   #151  
Eat Petite!

S/C/G: 307/253/157

Height: 5' 6"

Wow, that sure is a tough one, but I think your heart is trying to tell you something. Yes, people can change, but it'll take time to see if it is true. If you decide to go with it, have a long engagement and see how it works, how he behaves. From the outside looking in, I would suspect something, as after a parting like that, dating should resume slowly. Hope you find your happiness in whatever you choose.

Last edited by three herring; 02-21-2010 at 10:51 AM.
three herring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 11:33 AM   #152  

Height: 5'3"

In my opinion, if you are needing advice from us about saying yes then you know the answer... when someone proposes to you it should be something you don't have to think about. Not to say it never works out for those who do need to take some time, but you deserve to be asked by someone that doesn't make you doubt what the right answer is.
beautybooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 04:17 PM   #153  

S/C/G: 176/135/115

Height: 5'3

Hey how are things now? I REALLY hope you stayed away from him. If its too hard to break it off for your own sake (and I know sometimes women cant bring themselves to do things for themselves), then think of your future kids and the kind of father theyll have. I had a father like that and I cant even begin to tell you how much its done to me. please do not stay with him!!!!
polka23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 08:10 PM   #154  

This is my first time reading through this thread and I am very concerned that she's not come back since the proposal.
SpoonSockSpork12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 11:36 PM   #155  
Why can't you?

S/C/G: 334/290.8/167

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naia View Post
I was wondering how everyone's SO or if single, their boyfriends/new dates, have reacted to the weight loss (and loose skin that comes with it) ?

Have they been overall supportive and a help, or not supportive and afraid of the change, or toooo supportive and go all super-trainer on you 24/7? Anyone receive ultimatums? Or go through a relationship upheaval due to weight loss/loose skin alone?

I've been dating a guy for over 4 years, and while he's supportive and loves the weight loss... but he's sometimes too supportive. If you know what I mean. Like, gets mad at me for not being super gung-ho obsessed with diet and exercise. And he's given ultimatums. He is disturbed by the amount of loose skin & cellulite. Sometimes he looks up things I can do to get rid of loose skin & cellulite and tells me the treatments. Other than that, he's very loving and supportive

He says he thinks I'm the one for him and that he loves me, and while sometimes he's attracted... a lot of times he's a little grossed out. He wants to spend his life with a "normal" looking girl. I know, it doesn't sound so nice, but how can I blame him when I can see exactly what he's seeing? It's not a pretty picture. He says he wants my outside to be beautiful so that it reflects the beauty inside, so that everyone can see what he knows.

I think he's rather selfish & shallow, but overall he's a nice guy. Even if what he says sounds horrible, he's really not a horrible person. I've never told anyone (friends, family, etc) how he feels, because I know if I told anyone that he doesn't want to get married until I've lost weight and had plastic surgery to remove loose skin they'd think he was awful. But no one can really understand, except those of us who have the weight to lose, or have lost weight. Regular people just don't know what it means to know you're a good and worthwhile person, but still know that your skin looks disgusting. I think if I was just large, but firm and smooth skinned, it wouldn't be such a big issue. It's that my skin is all cottage cheese and loose and hangs... and I still have 60 pounds to lose.

Right now I'm 36 and single, and have never had kids. We've been dating for over 4 years, and I just feel like.. if I'm ever going to get married and have kids I'm going to have to do it soon. I'll be too old to have kids in just a few years. I want to lose weight for me, not him. But I agree with him that the loose skin is kind of yucky. But, as someone told me the other day on my blog... if I decided to get skin surgery it has to be for ME too, not for him. Even if he tries to tell me that if I loved him, I would do these things for him.

I was just wondering if anyone else has gone through this with their guy, or what they did go through with their guy. It would be lovely if all SO's & guys we date were supportive and loved us just how we look, but I know that doesn't happen all the time. If it did happen and you have a good story, I'd love to hear that too!
I haven't read anyone else's responses...but I have a feeling that when you're at goal and if you choose cosmetic surgery, you'll find yourself looking for better opportunities. He's looking for an upgraded version of you. You deserve an upgrade too.
AZ Sunrises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 08:12 PM   #156  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

I ended up reading the whole thread as well. I'm concerned for her!
racrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 11:33 PM   #157  

S/C/G: 134/126/under 124

Height: 5'2.5

A bit OT but wanted to throw out there future discussions could read "SO's The guys/girls we date." I wouldn't want 3FCs who are not in traditional opposite-sex relationships to feel excluded from participating in conversations about SOs, which is a huge part of the weight loss support system
indiblue is offline   Reply With Quote