Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-17-2008, 09:12 PM   #1  
Smashing the FAT !!!

S/C/G: 230/219/160

Height: 5'8

Question Will I Have Loose Skin After Losing 60 Pounds ?

im just wondering if i will have loose skin after losing around 60 pounds? im so scared that after all of this hard work that i ll have to face this problem...has anyone lost a bunch of weight and was fine ?
amandagillmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 09:23 PM   #2  
it's always something

We have a very informative FAQ on loose skin, written by Meg, in our Body Images forum. Check it out at http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36040 It should answer all your questions
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 01:13 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 175-180/ 120-125

Height: 5'7

Unfortunately, there is a good chance you will have some loose skin.

I lost 50 pounds and am close to your age. I have a little bit of loose skin on my stomach, particularily around my belly button. I initially assumed it was cellulite (they are somewhat similar in appearance) and that it would go away once I started seeing ab definition, but now I have a four pack and still have a slight bit of a deflated balloon for a stomach.

On the up side, it's a small price to pay for being (in your case) 60 pounds lighter! The loose skin won't be noticeable unless you're naked or wearing a bikini and even then, there will be PLENTY of people at the beach or the pool who will look MUCH worse in a bikini than you will.
NightengaleShane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 05:58 PM   #4  
Paleo-ish Girl

S/C/G: 255.5/174/160

Height: 5'6"

To add...I think a lot depends on how you gained the weight. I have friends who lost similar amounts of weight to what I'm looking to lose (almost 100 pounds from start). One lost 75. They had almost no loose skin. The ones who lost it after pregnancy though..they had more issues with the loose skin.

I agree with Nightengale. It's a small price to pay for being thinner. After all, when you get down to goal, it's easier to do away with loose skin than extra chub.
Altari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 07:24 PM   #5  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

I want to both double-recommend the excellent sticky/FAQ we have on this subject, and reiterate the points made by Shane and Altari...skin is a LOT easier to hide than fat, and in addition, way easier to take care of if it really does bother you. I guess my point is, since you don't know what your skin will look like when you lose weight at all, and you know that, realistically, loose skin will have a minor impact on your life as compared to extra fat, I don't see any reason to worry about it now.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote