Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2002, 08:12 AM   #1  
~~Senior Member~~Really

Smile ~~Thru Thick & Thin~~#139

Thru Thick & Thin is a group that was formed to give and receive support on our journey to take off the excess pounds and to keep them off. No matter who you are or where you are from, you're welcome here with us. We'll stand with you while you're losing and stand by you if you're not. We all have ups and downs and we need support in both.
Old 04-02-2002, 05:14 PM   #2  
Senior Chick

Talking

Hey Everyone

I hope everyone had as good a weekend as I did. I have been eating like there was no tomorrow and that is going to stop now. Tomorrow morning is the beginning of a new way of eating for me. I am tired of this belly getting in my way. I going to start counting points again and walking on the treadmill daily, if only for a few minutes at a time. Marlana has the right idea and I am joining her in that fight.

Marlana~Let's get our acts together and get healthy. We have been making excuses for months now and just eating whatever we want. I am ready to make some changes and get rid of these big clothes and go shopping in the back of my closet.

JoJo~Are you ready to try again too? Let's see if we can encourage each other to make better choices in food. If I don't quit now, I am going to see a whole new set of numbers on the scale that I have never seen before. I am too short for my weight to start with a 2. I have been partying with too many friends and it is showing. I have never weighed this much and need to do something before I get to the 200's.

Hope y'all have a good evening.
Old 04-03-2002, 07:18 AM   #3  
~~Senior Member~~Really

Angry

Good Morning~~Well I must say right off the bat I got through yesterday with food left over. I ate one thing I didn't have on the plan but counted it and went on. I got on the treadmill too. That was a good day for me. I feel much better today about myself, and have every intention of getting through today with just what is on my food plan. I've got to go shopping and today I don't plan to buy any candy bars, this will be the first trip to town in a long time without buying candy. No reg. Mt. Dew either.

Skeeter~~My act is together and I'm on my way to a new me. I can't wait until it will be easy to walk on that treadmill for a half hour, or cut my toenails with ease, and it will be a pleasure to hop up on that boat instead of rolling up on it like a whale. I know it will be hard at times, but I thank it will be easier maybe if I stay focused on what I'm doing and walking on the treadmill each day. My Asthma did bother me a little after I walked, but I was over it in about 10 min. If it don't get any worse I will be OK. I'm so glad your going to get in there with me and fight this addiction. You go girl.
I can't believe it's just after 6 and I'm through writing already. I just may get in some painting before I go to town. I'm going to post my food plan one time to show how I'm keeping track of my food intake. Hope it makes since to you. And Personal selections can be protein or any of the other choices. This is an old WW diet and the one that fits me best of all.
Old 04-03-2002, 09:25 PM   #4  

Oh my gosh. I just realized that it has been over a week since I last posted. Man, I missed you gals. I really don't have alot of time, so I haven't read through all of your posts, but it looks like everyone is getting back on the wagon, so to speak. Count me in. I've lost some weight, only to gain it all back in the last couple of weeks. So much for the Easter candy!

I had all of my testing last week. Turns out I have a wandering atrial pacemaker. Which just means the impulse that initates a heart beat comes from different sites instead of the same one. As long as my heart rate is ok, and my BP is ok, I'm just gonna live with it. I am trying to cut back on caffiene and sugar. That's when I notice it's worst. But the cardiologist said I was healthy enough to run a marathon if I wanted.

My grandpa was also in the hospital last week. Turns out his leukemia is advancing faster than expected and will be starting on chemo as soon as the biopsy results are back. We have to wait to find out the dosage he'll be getting.

And, my best friend whose dad was having all kinds of respiratory problems passed away this week. He was pretty young, 56, so it's kind of hard to deal with. But when isn't it?

And work has been fun. I wrote up one of the nursing supervisors this weekend for inappropriate comments. Haven't heard anything on that since, so I must still have a job!

On the upside, one of my instructors post-poned the due date for one of the papers by 2 weeks, and my mom is going to go to stay with my brother for awhile. His wife if pregnant, 4 months, and is such a whiney thing. She can't stand to do housework anymore, so my mom is going to be a maid. I warned her. Now she's on her own.

I have to get running to bed. Been up since 5:45am, and have to go to the visitation and work tomorrow. Hopefully I'll have more time to write you all later this week. And maybe lose a lb or 2 on the way! Oh I wish.

Jen
Old 04-04-2002, 06:25 AM   #5  
American Chick!

Morning Ladies,
I'm still here too---like Jen, I let time get away from me again! We had a pretty hoppy Easter, but it was raining, so that cut down on the outdoor activities pretty much. The kids still enjoyed it though, and I didn't do Easter baskets for them this year (they decided they were too old) so we didn't have any candy floating around. I can't gain any weight on comforters and pillows (they decided to redo their rooms instead of having the bunny come). Anyway, that worked out good for me.
Mama, your food plan looks good--sounds like you're back on track again, and on the treadmill! I've been very lazy about my mill-of-death lately; I saw an article in one of my magazines about starting a spring walking plan, so I'm going to start that on Saturday. I also want to plant my garden in the next couple of weeks, although it's cold again here this week....maybe I can get some gardening in here pretty soon.
Skeeter, sounds like you've been a busy lady lately! How's your hubby feeling? Did he get over all his respiratory problems? I know what you mean about the "2's:. That was quite a shock to me to see that number on the scale, too! I don't care to see it again, either.
JoJo, how's it going with you? Hope you're doing well--did it get cold up there too?
Jen, hope your grandfather is feeling better; maybe with your mom away, your stress level will go down; I love my mom dearly, but I don't think I could live with her again, even if she does still spoil me !
I'd better run---hi to everyone I missed, and hope to hear from some of our missing folks soon---Marybeth, Tobey, Carol, Teresa, hope you're doing good!
Love to all,
Sally

Last edited by Mommy2Girls; 04-04-2002 at 06:28 AM.
Old 04-04-2002, 07:26 AM   #6  
~~Senior Member~~Really

Smile

Hi Girls~~All is well with me this AM, in fact all is great...another day staying on plan. I've got a very busy day today, got to get everything done,because I'll be fishing for the next 3, maybe 4 days. I could rain this week end and that would stop it dead. Got to install some rod holders on the boat today. Lord knows I'll have to put hubby's rods up for him. It must be against his religion or something. He likes to just lay them in the boat so you can't get out or in without tippy toeing through them. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr I thank he does it to get on my nerves. He's a slob in the boat.

Jen~~Hey girl I thought you was gone for sure. Just about everyone else is. Sorry to hear about your grand father. That is such a hard time watching someone with a very bad illness. I sure hope the kemo helps him. When my mom took it, it just made her so sick and weak. She only took 2 cessions and then said no more, it is only putting off the end. She got depressed and stayed that way until she passed a year later. Your mom is going to be a maid??? Try to look at it this way, she's an adult and you'll get a break. You could use one can't you?

Sally~~Sounds like your weather is as bad as ours. It gets warm for a couple of days and then back in the freezer. The trees and birds don't know what to do. One day the birds are singing and the next they are thanking of flying south. Your girls are trying to grow up on you. But first you've got the dreaded teen years to go through. I shall never forget when my daughter was a teenie bopper, like to of put me in the nut house. OH well!!! She still is a problem. Good to see you here this morning.

Better get my tail in gear, lots of ground to cover today. Hope to make it back over the 4 days. Be good.
Old 04-04-2002, 04:13 PM   #7  
Senior Chick

Talking

Hey Everyone

I have spent the last couple of days getting my house in order and clean. My dogs are clean and brushed too. We are going to the east coast tomorrow to visit friends and the dogs are going with us. We are going to take the boys to the beach and see how they like it. There is a small area in Flagler where dogs are allowed on the beach.

Marlana~I am on my second day of my new and improved eating plan. I was really craving some snacks yesterday but kept myself busy so that I would stay out of the bad stuff. Today I baked that dump cake using strawberries. It is unbelievably sweet for using diet 7 Up in it. I didn't realize that the strawberries had sugar in them until I got them home. I have to adjust the points because of that. I also decided to take it with us tomorrow and share it with friends. That way we won't have to eat it all and I can try another one with fruit that doesn't have added sugar in it. I hope that the weather stays good for you this weekend so that you get to fish.

Jen~It's a good thing that you are a nurse and understand that problem with your heart because it sounded scary to me. Good luck with giving up the caffeine and sugar. I did that a few months ago and had a headache for 4 days straight. Now I don't miss either one anymore. I occasionally eat sugar (as in the recipe above) but not often and not a lot. I sure hope your grandpa gets better and has good luck with the chemo. It must be rough on him at his age.

Sally~My dh is doing good with the inhaler twice a day. He sleeps better too since he started on the asthma medicine. I haven't seen that "2" yet but it sure was getting close. I need to get some of this blubber off before I go back to see my doctor. I was supposed to be working on getting my tryglicerides lower and I've gained about 7# instead. I've got about 6 weeks to turn thing
around before I see her again.

Hope y'all have a good weekend.
Old 04-04-2002, 05:46 PM   #8  

Hi Everyone,

I got on line last night then had to get off to go somewhere and didn't get back on to post so I'm here finally. I hope your all having a good week. I'm just glad tomorrow is Friday. Its been hectic at work this week.

Well, we had our yard dug up today. Hopefully this is the end of our sewer problems. DH still has to go down in the crawl space and re-do the drain pipe for the washer but other than that, we should be set. Its costing $1100 for the work done today and we had to come up with half of it today. Between this and the stuff we've had done trying to keep the sewer line open, it will probably total $2000 by the time we pay this off. Right now we have a huge mound of dirt in our yard. They said it will eventually settle into the hole but I imagine dh will end up having to cart alot of it away. What a mess.

I got my new glasses and I can see much better. It didn't take to long to get used to them. Also got my ring and its so pretty. I told dh it can be his gift to me for our upcoming 25th anniversary. He still wasn't to thrilled with me doing that. Oh well. I lost my head. What can I say??!!!!

Skeeter, oh I'm ready to try something to get this weight off. I"m just scared to get on the scale. Will you get on the scale for me please???????? I'll take your weight instead of mine. I've was pretty much eatting whatever I want to also and its got to stop cause I'm not doing myself anygood. I've been doing salads at work most days this week so that is a start.

Marlana, I'm really proud of you for getting your act together with your food again. That helps me out to cause it makes me want to try harder. I know I felt better about most everything when I had my act together with the food. It just does something for the ego. What really gets me going really good is getting some exercise but I still feel like I will gag if I try. So I'm not completely there yet.

Jen, I'm really glad your tests came out ok and nothing major was wrong. I am sorry to hear your grandpa is not doing so well tho. I hope the chemo helps him. I will pray for him. At least you'll have your home to yourself for awhile. That should be nice. I know you don't mind having your mom there but sometimes its nice to have it all to yourself.

Sally, our weather is constantly changing. It'll be decent a day or two and then it will turn cold again. I had frost on my windshield this morning. The weather man said its supposed to start warming up again but it doesn't look like anything to get excited about.

Well, I'm going to get off here now and get busy. Take care everyone.
Old 04-05-2002, 11:53 AM   #9  

Thought that I'd get in here and post a little before I go to my tanning appointment. I know, I know, but it feels so nice and warm. I can pretend I'm in Florida with Skeeter for a few minutes! Mom is packing to go spend some time with my brother and his whiney wife. If I didn't have to work tonight, I'd bring out the champagne. Anywhoo....

My dear bf is going to be bringing me his old tv this afternoon. I was going to buy a new one, mine is only a 19 inch, but then his broke and he bought a new one. It's only $85 to fix it, so I took care of that. It's 32 inches I think. I'm gonna be able to sit across the street and watch my TV!

I need to straighten my food choices out too. I'm gonna clean out the kitchen today, once mom leaves. I can get rid of all the junk. I did better yesterday, but not great. I need to get back to exercise too. I slacked off the last couple of weeks. I know I'll get plenty Saturday. I have my 3 mile HeartWalk. I need to remember that summer is just around the corner.

Jojo- Oh, you have been having a time with your sewer. Yuk. What kind of a ring did you get? I'm planning on getting myself one as a graduation present. I still wear my class ring from nursing school in '95, so I do need to replace it! I'm glad your new glasses work better for you.

Skeeter- I want to go to the beach. That's missing in my tanning booth. Congrats on your new eating plan. I'm right with you. I'm slowly cutting back on caffeine, I don't want the headache either. I make my coffee 1/2 regular and 1/2 decaf for now. I've noticed that I get more palpitations after I eat candy (uh-oh) so that may be the first to go.

Marlana- Congrats to you too for starting and staying on the plan. You guys are starting to motivate me. I'm not so sure how grandpa is doing. He's getting pretty depressed. Who wouldn't? I'm not sure if I was in his place if I would take the chemo. His doctor won't say if it'll really work, just the only thing they can do. I know, maybe we could get your boat and go to Skeeter's beach! I'm packing now!

Sally- Lucky you, no Easter candy. I may take mine to work tonight, or just throw it out. I'm looking forward to planting my garden too. I may have to wait until mid-May though, to make sure the last freeze is gone.

I guess that's about it. The dog is barking so I should let her in and get my butt in gear for today.

Jen
Old 04-07-2002, 10:49 AM   #10  
~~Senior Member~~Really

Cool

Good Morning~~Please believe me when I tell you I'm not doing you any favors by writing on the board today. I'm in such a funk I hate myself. I just found out my hubby has decided to retire one year from now. I've been throwed for a loop. I thought it would be about 20 months from now. It will through us into a bit of a hard time. First of all I can't draw my SS until the last of Nov. the same year. 2nd we can only have the company Insurance for 18 months and we have to pay for it out of our pockets. 3rd then for another 18 months we will have to pay for Health Insurance on our own. I can tell you that it runs between 600.00 and 900.00 a month. This is going to be for people that hasn't had a payment of any kind since 1990, except for monthly bills. I've been able to go to town and buy what ever I want. Boy what a change this is going to be for me. I've been by myself for the last 20 years in the daytime. I'm glad when he goes to work on Mondays. This will be an adjustment beyond what I can imagine. I'm already went into a depression. Finance has always been a big thing for me...I needed to know when the check was coming in and how much. As you know I've been working on building and buying some things the last year or so, that was because I wanted to have what ever I wanted before he retired cause I know we wouldn't be able to afford it then. We've both got new beds, I've put new carpet in the living room and one bedroom and I'm in the process of putting new carpet in his room now. My room will not get done, dam it. I wanted a new editing program that cost 100.00 and a new computer, don't thank I will get the new puter. Lately he was taking an interest in how much bills cost and wanted me to get the cheapest medicine I could, which I didn't. He has been taking an interest in every darn thing that cost, now I know why. He didn't tell me about the new plan, he told my brother in front of me. He wasn't going to tell me until the last min. ****, I know you all don't want to read about this, I'm going back to bed and see if I can sleep some more. Sorry I needed to vent. I'll try to come back later and write some more. Right now I just want to cry.
Old 04-07-2002, 03:06 PM   #11  

Question

Hello out there----------

I don't know if any of you remember me, it has been months since I have been in to post. I have not forgotten any of you, just a little fuzzy.
I have been very busy with school. We went to the state tournament again in boy's basketball and then I am helping with the musical, "Annie". We will have conferences this week and the musical next week. These may be poor excuses, but a part of my life.
My husband has not been working since February and doesn't seem to want to find a job. It is hard to talk to him about it and the little hints just don't seem to be falling on hearing ears. He does have his lisence back so now he could go out and look for a job. So you see, we have been having to be careful and that is why being involved with my kids is so important. Thank goodness I have money put away for our two important trips this summer.
Well, I should tell you what has been going on with my weight. I was down to within 15 pounds and then I put back on 10 pounds. I am upset with myself, but know I must get back into the swing. I have to get back into the journaling and being honest with my food. It is the same old story, I just get tired of watching it all the time. So I have challenged myelf to lose 5 pounds by May 1 and another 5 by June 1. If more comes off, wonderful? I will also need to get back into my walking even though I am having some foot problems. I am on a team in the Health awareness and need to get going on my points. I'll explain that later.
I better go for now and I will try to get in more often. It seems we all need to have the encouragement of each other.
Marlana: Things will work out when your hubby retires. It is a shock now, but it will be okay. Just try to stay positive about and don't eat over it. This is a good place to vent.
Until the next time,
Carol
Old 04-08-2002, 08:05 PM   #12  
Senior Chick

Talking

Hey Everyone

I can't believe it has been four days since I posted on here. We have been really busy at working and playing. The weather has been just perfect with a cold snap and we have been working a lot outside. Everything is so pretty right now.

Marlana~I am so sorry that you are in such a funk. Retirement is scary and very hard to get adjusted to. It takes time to learn how to survive the days of not working any longer. Your problem will be how to get used to having your husband home all the time. At least, he isn't doing it this year. You have a year to get used to the idea and maybe at least, accomplish a few of your goals.

JoJo~I'm afraid that I fell off the wagon again. Our friends on the east coast at Ormond by the Sea fixed a great lunch of jumbo boiled shrimp and salad. It was wonderful and then we played on the beach with the dogs to burn that off. They live on a very narrow strip of land between the ocean and the Intracoastal Waterway. It's only about 1/8 of a mile wide. It is absolutely beautiful there but I would be terrified during hurricane season. The eating problem started that evening as we started home and realized that we were hungry again and the only choices were fast foods. I spent all of Saturday morning and afternoon planting a very hardy type of daisies that my friend sent home with me. They are gorgeous and are supposed to spread. They have my permission to take over the whole flower bed. I still haven't weighed myself but I am trying to get back on that better eating program today. I also need new glasses but will have to wait until hubby pays for the new crown on his tooth. I sure hope that you got all your sewer problems solved.

Jen~You are going to love a big screen TV. Ours has made us wonder why we waited so long to get one. How long is your mom going to stay with your brother? I'm sure it will seem like a vacation to you. Time alone is always nice no matter how much we love the ones living with us. My husband is going off tomorrow morning and I am really looking forward to the house to myself for a change. I know that the sun will cause skin cancer but I haven't heard of any cases as a direct result of the tanning booths. I don't think that they could be as bad as this Florida sun.

Carol~Of course we remember you and we have missed you. I'm so glad that your are enjoying your school kids. It's so good that you have them to keep you busy. Let's hope that your husband will get out there and find something that suits him. I guess most of us have been eating anything that we wanted and we are paying for it now. Maybe if we all stick together we can find our way to a healthier way of life. I think that I am bigger than I have ever been in my life. I am afraid to get on the scales right now. I want to wait until my pants feel a little less snug before I weigh.

I need to go get a shower before Baby Bob comes on. I have missed it every week so far and would like to watch it tonight. Y'all have a good evening.
Old 04-08-2002, 09:25 PM   #13  

Hello. Hope everyone is doing ok. I thought I'd come and and post real quick so I can call dh. He is back in the hospital. He's been having alot of the same symptoms he's had before but now he is having more shortness of breath. I took him to the dr and when he did this test where he blew into this thing, he got dizzy and almost passed out. So the dr wanted to put him in for at least 23 hr observation. His oxygen level is a little low so they put him on oxygen. I don't know what to think. I'm just worried.

Skeeter, I'm doing doing as well with the eatting as I was. I've not really been real hungry but I'm not making the best of choices. Too much stress right now. I'm trying to decide if I should go to work tomorrow or not. I've got so much to do its not funny. Well, if I don't, it will still be there when I get back. What do your friends do that live on that thin stip of land when a hurricane is in the area? I'd be scared living there to. Sounds pretty to visit tho. The yard was digged up the other day, a new sewer line put in and the yard is slowly starting to settle. When I got home from work that day, it reminded me of the movie Tremors. The dirt was as high as my waist. They said it would eventually settle and dh has speeded up the process by burying the hose down under it and running water. Was able to do a load of laundry last night. I should do some tonight but I'm not in the mood.

Hi Carol, its really good to see you again. My dh got laid of from his job and got another one but the person who owns the property where he works is selling it and dh is trying to find someplace else to move to but hasn't found anything yet. Dh's boss isn't all that anxious to start working for anyone as he's had this business for 15 years. So its hard to say what will happen. I am glad to see you back again. We missed you.

Marlana, sounds like you could use a big hug (((((((((()))))))))))). I think I'd of kicked my dh in the behind if he kept something like that from me and then told someone else first. Does he have to retire or did he just decide this on his own. Maybe he doesn't really understand the affect it will have on your finances to do it a year earlier that planned. I hope it works out ok. If I were you, I think I'd try to find him some kind of hobby to keep him busy so he isn't under your feet all the time.

Jen, the ring I got is a small cluster of diamonds. It was really pretty and I sort of lost my head. Sometimes I regret getting it but yet I don't. Has your mom gone to stay with your brother yet? If she is going to end up as their housekeeper, she may not want to stay with them that long.

Well, I've got to get off here and call dh. Talk to you all soon.
Old 04-09-2002, 10:27 AM   #14  

Good morning all!

Guess who’s back? I have missed you all terribly! I think things have calmed down enough for me and I am getting everything back on track.

Its going to take me a while to get got caught up again. I haven’t even been in to read everyone’s posts so I don’t know what is happening your lives.

I won’t post to individuals today. I’ll start fresh tomorrow and will start addressing everyone then.

So good to be back!

Tobey
Old 04-09-2002, 10:33 AM   #15  
~~Senior Member~~Really

Good Morning~~Thought I would come in a answer the post I couldn't answer the last time I was here. I can't tell that I'm feeling any better about things but I am trying to stay on a food plan and get some things done around here. My food was good yesterday, well I say good, I had something I shouldn't have eat last night but I had room on my food plan for it so I counted it and I'm moving on. Maybe I won't have to do that tonight.

Skeeter~~It seems like you are forever cleaning house, you must be very clean or very dirty. My email is down this morning and they don't know when it will be back up. I sent out a couple of things this morning early, but now I can't send out. I called them and they are working on it. I lost 2 Platy's this morning, both females, that leaves one female with 3 males. I can't seem to lose a male. I thank that the males are stressing the females. I'm going to put the divider in the tank when I clean it today and put her over there by herself. I'm not getting anymore fish until the dying stops. My Neon's are fine. There is no sign of anything on the dead fish. Sorry your new improved eating plan went by the way side. Mine did to over the week end but I'm up and going again. One of these days I will make it.

Jo Jo~~Your coming in about as often as I do. I just can't seem to make it in everyday. I have so much to do and I just don't feel like writing. Sorry you had to spend so much money on the C. tank. We just keep getting more bills everyday. This morning he wanted the doctors phone # so I know he's going to go back to the doctor. He gets carried away if he feels anything in his body and then when they tell him what is wrong he won't take their word for it. Last night after super we was setting there and all of a sudden he let out a few choice cuss words. The crown on a tooth fell off. Lord knows I bet we have to put out another 400.00 on that. And he's going to retire. CRAP!!!! We both need new glasses, and I guess we will get them. When the money runs out we'll stop spending. Girl I get my act together one day and then BAM!! something happens that gets my emotions flared up again. I guess I won't have my act together until I get my emotions under control no matter what happens.

Jen~~Girlfriend you can sure tell the difference's in our ages. Tanning is the very last thing on my mind. In fact I don't want any tan. I got too many wrinkles now. You'll like the bigger TV we have a 32 inch one. That's as big as we will ever get because I ain't going to rework that cabinet again. I thank those of us left in the group needs to get our acts together and get on a food plan and a exercise plan and get on with the job in front of us. I'm sick of me the way I am. I don't feel responsible for the ones who has left here because it's not my job to keep them on a food plan. But us face it if we was doing better more people would want to join us...thanking it would inspire them on. It really doesn't though...we all come to this site for a few min... it's the rest of our lives that keeps up from moving on...or I should say it's how we handle the rest of our lives that controls how we do with food. Food is the way I've handled the upsetting things in my life. I must be upset all the damn time.

Carol~~Of course I remember you and about a doz. others that don't come in anymore. I've also forgot about that many too. Some of us just hang in here and keep the door open. Sorry to hear your hubby doesn't want to work, I guess mine don't either. I will have to say he has worked at this same place for the last 37 years, and hasn't missed over 20 full days the whole time, so he has earned his retirement. I want him to retire too, but I wasn't quite ready for it in a year. Good luck on your challenge to yourself.

I thank I've wrote enough for today, better get busy. Have a good day, and work on the reasons why you overeat.
Hi Tobey~~I was writing in outlook express and here you have come in while I was writing. Good to see you back and glad things has let up some. Welcome back!
Closed Thread