Proud of myself

• Hi girls!

Ok, so I started my period yesterday and was understandably irritable, morose, etc. My boyfriend came home from work and was also irritable and asked me if I would bake for him. He is trying to lose weight as well and so at first I told him no. However, after he had pestered me for a few minutes my own irritability won out and I said I would bake. I tried out a recipe that I have been working on for a rum cake. I baked it and glazed it and then told him that he was welcome to have some. I had a tiny slice, still worth approximately 200 calories. I was still under for the day so I didn't really mind (scale went up today but I know it is water retention). I didn't want anymore and so I didn't eat anymore (great big victory there). I then told him to take it to work and when I got home today I realized that he only took 1/2 in. Apparently it is too good for him to give up all of it. After lunch today he got pieces for both of us and guess what? I TURNED HIM DOWN. I thanked him politely but I told him I didn't want any. I wasn't lying, waiting for him to leave so I could pig out, or forcing myself. I simply didn't want any and so I didn't have any. Even though it was right there and I know it to be scrumptious. :P Oh and also, my boss's granddaughter made brownies and brought them to work today and I politely refused that as well! Instead I have my heart set on a diet root beer float with a 90 calorie cup of North Star ice cream....mmmmm. OK, I'm rambling. But huzzah for demonstrating some sort of will power!
  • huzzah, indeed!

You didn't say "no" to the cake and brownie, you said "yes" to you!
  • Good for you, Miss Willpower! I have completely given up baking. I have a sweet KitchenAid Mixer that is gathering dust in the pantry.
  • Way to Go!!!
    wow. Congrats!!!!
    Isn’t it great when you keep control of yourself over food? Don’t you feel fearless???
    I also love when I do that and feel very proud of myself just like you...
    That is what keep us motivated.
    It is not because it is there that we have to eat. And we do have control over food!!!
    Keep the good work and you’ll see the results you deserve.
  • Isn't that just the most indescribably excellent feeling?!? To no longer be under the spell of some silly food!! Yay you!!!
  • Sideheag,

Way to go! I agree with Heather, you didn't say no, you said yes..to you!
  • Well done! Now...can you send me a piece of that rum cake? Seriously, I was drooling when I read abou it and the brownies didn't help either! I guess I'm offically pms-ing! LOL!
  • Congrats! AWESOME! You should be proud. What a wonderful choice you made for yourself! Saying no to free food at work was a real help for me on this journey too!
  • you go, girl!!!!!
    that's such an awesome accomplishment!!!
    kudos to you!

sweets are my weak point, haha
  • Awesome! I resisted today a chocolate cake with whip cream. It look so soft and chocolately. Hmmm....But I said to myself, "NO! You'll regret it later." So hurray for you for resisting some much temptation, keep at it.
  • Oh goodness, I can't wait for that day to come for me! Great job!
  • good for you!