Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2002, 01:04 PM   #16  
Dancing those pounds away

Angry

Top of the morning Tuesday to everyone.

Kat... what a busy gal you were. I apologize if my "nesting" had anything to do with it. I know why your husband was calling you.... "to take your temperature" !!!! He may think you are ill.

Mary... I do not have Yahoo. And I have no idea what msn is. LOL
But even if I did... I spend too much time on here already. I sure don't need another ADDICITION !!!!!

Luckylady...good Tuesday Tips. Don't get bored. There is also a saying H.A.L.T. Dont get too Hungry...Angry,,, Lonely...or Tired.

Michele... I am soooo proud of you. You don't take out points for what your son eats.
I used to play games ... and give them 3 bites and count only half the points. No wonder I never succeeded.

Tina... glad I could brighten your day.
That dump cake sounds soooo yummy. I make a dump cake but it is nothing like that one. Yours sounds very healthier than mine. I am going to make it today I think.

Malia... I want that recipe for Chicken Florentine Lasagna. It sounds good too.

I don't know about everyone else missing... but I do know that Thinthinker is working around the clock. Maybe if we all "Concentrate really hard" we can "THINK" her back.
Hey Thinthinker..... can you feel us thinking you back?????

Tuesday Tip....
H.A.L.T and.....
Losing slowly is better than gaining at any speed.
Old 04-02-2002, 05:11 PM   #17  
Progress..not perfection

Hey Everyone!

How ya'll doing? That's the "southerner" coming out in me! It is sooooo beautiful out today. The weather could not be nicer. There is a really nice breeze and we are at a warm, not hot 76 degrees. Tulips, hyacinths, daisys, bradford pear & dogwood trees blooming.............oh the beautiful landscape God has painted for us today! And I am not a big "outdoorsy' type person........I usually avoid anything that has to do with heat or bugs! But even I walked very s l o w l y out to the mailbox so I could drink in the fresh air and stop to linger at all the lovely tulips around the mailbox.......I love them.

Ok Lucky: Stop mentally beating me in the head with a hammer. I know your weather has been awful and I'm sorry. Didn't mean to go on and on about the weather, but it did nothing but rain......rain.....rain all weekend and today is just soooo nice. And I will be happy to chant with you ...... I want spring.......I want spring........I want spring.......I am sending warm and happy thoughts your way.

Mary: I know about that little voice in your head telling you that you want the food......just tell it to shut up. If the weather is nice, go outside for a walk. I used to have Yahoo Messenger, but I never used it and got annoyed at it everytime it popped up when I turned on my computer, so I deleted it. I could always download it again though. I use AOL Instant Messenger

Kat: Whew! You wore me out just listening to all that cleaning Feel like coming to Tennessee anytime soon? Although I must admit I have been able to do a lot more around the house since I've lost some weight. It always seemed so hard to move and do the things I need to do when it seems I'm carrying another person on my back!

Michelle: Hey girl! Just in case you didn't know.......QueenB---Tina=== Same person. I just say that because you replyed to me at the top of your thread as QueenB and then at the bottom you asked where Tina was? By the way, I wanted to mention......I have been getting so much inspiration from your posts. You sound soooo in control and you usually give me a lot of good ideas too. Just wanted to let you know I appreciate you. You also sound like a real good Mom.

2cute: I loved your quote at the end of your last post. I went onto Wordpad and found a cool font and neat colors and typed it out and it is currently hanging on my fridge. More inspiration from you..........thanks girl! By the way, I forgot to ask.......how far along are you??? Any morning sickness yet???? I am STILL reeling over that one!

To all those that are MIA (Missing in action)=We love you and are thinking of you.

Tuesday Tip: We are all human. Allow yourself to make mistakes, but don't get defeated. Pick yourself back up, get back on course and remember friends are standing on the sidelines to wish you well on your way. Love and accept yourself for who and what your are. If you want to improve yourself.........do it for you. For you and your health. Not for anyone else, for at the end of the day, you have no one to answer to but yourself. And go easy on yourself..........you are worth it. You are valuable and important..............NO MATTER WHAT SIZE YOU ARE.
Old 04-02-2002, 09:48 PM   #18  

Thumbs down Top is the evening to you...

HI guys....

I just got home from the movies. We saw "The Rookie". I enjoyed it very much. You don't have to like baseball to like the movie. It is based on a true story. I highly recommend it to everyone. BUT... be sure and go to the bathroom before sitting down. It is a longgg movie. Started at 4:20 and got out at 7:00pm. But I was never bored and it seemed to go by fast. I would never had known how long it was if I hadn't heard another woman talk about it.

Tina... you asked how far along I am.... I look like I am starting my 12th month.
And as far as morning sickness.... I am "sick" of being fat.... morning, noon and night.
Trust me... if I were really pregnant... I wouldn't be laughing.

I won't be here tomorrow gals. My dad's 92nd birthday is April 3.
What do you get a 92 year old man that can't eat or drink and has everything he wants. ??? I was going to get him a new "soft" belt... but since in the nursing home he doesn't wear belts anymore. I guess maybe a book to read. He does like reading. If you read this before 9am and have any ideas... please post them. If I get up early I will post before I leave... but don't count on it.

Have a great day everyone.
I am going to have a WACKY Wednesday.
I am going to do something wackey.

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 04-02-2002 at 09:56 PM.
Old 04-02-2002, 11:17 PM   #19  

Hi everyone,

Good news, bad news...the girl took the job. I have to wait my turn I guess. Is it weird but why do I feel relief? Frankly, I'm tired of my life revolving around work. This year was dedicated to me losing weight. The job would have been highly stressful. And what do I do when stressed---eat. God has granted me this time to achieve this goal. I feel blessed. The last two weeks have been ****. Bingeing. I'm happy to get back to normal.

2cute, my mom and I will be going to the Rookie tonight. I look forward to it.

Tina, all those flowers. You're lucky. Our yellow plumeria tree is in full bloom. But my roses are getting eaten alive (insects). I'll need to move my herbs and spray this weekend.

Kat, I'm watching sponge bob right now. Squidward is acting in a commercial with Pearl (Mr. Krabs daughter) as her father. Hilarious...

Lucky, you want spring. The insects are here. I didn't miss them, but with the rain they're thriving. We have an insect who lives in the grass. They live in the car's front grill and die on the windshield. I need to work on the yard this weekend. Nice weather for it.

Keep up the battle.
Malia
Old 04-03-2002, 12:13 AM   #20  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi everyone! I have not died and gone to heaven! Just thought I would check in before checking out for the night! I promise I will be back. I might just have an hour to myself in the next day or two to stop by for a second. Until then, know that I think of you all often.

"Often intimacies between women go backwards, beginning with revelations and ending up in small talk without loss of esteem." - Elizabeth Bowen
Old 04-03-2002, 07:40 AM   #21  
You and Me in 2003

Just checking in I am getting stuff together to have my yard sale finally. I can't waitto get rid of some of this stuff.(and get new)
I'll check in later
Old 04-03-2002, 07:51 AM   #22  

2Cute I have given my Dad many framed pictures of him and or us. Even older ones of him in WWII or of him, his parents and siblings. He likes them hanging on the wall.

I have also given artificial flower arrangements in bright colors to help brighten up his room.

Good Luck...your Dad must be great if he was born in April!!!
Old 04-03-2002, 09:23 AM   #23  

Talking good morning

I have no business being on here. I need to be driving... but what can I say... I am addicted to you guys.

Luckylady.. thanks for the ideas. Everytime we try to make his room feel homey he sends stuff home saying.. "I'm not going to be here that long." He is DETERMINED to go home. And he just may do it. You don't live 92 years without being a survivor. I don't put anything past him. LOL But I am going to give him those flowers anyways.

THIN !!!!! Glad to see your still among the living. Hurry back.

Mary... I need to be getting ready for a garage sale too. I need to just donate it all and be done with it... but I just love making that money too much. I have soooo much there will still be plenty to donate too.

Tina.... You are the main reason I posted today.
I printed yours and the others photos when all of you posted them... and when I sat down and saw your beautiful face and remembered your loving PM you wrote me I just had to post.
I not only have to post.... I also have to stay on program.
We are here to help each other... to give each other strength.
You did just that. You gave me strength reading about yours.
YOU ALL DO. I draw on that strength to help me make it through my day. It is soooooo nice to "feel" your love.

I am out of here ladies. I am coming home tonight so I will probably be back here tonight too.

I want to repeat my tuesday tip....
"Losing slowly is better than gaining at any speed. "
I get sooo frustrated with this slow process... it is important to keep that thought in the front of my mind.
Love you all.
Old 04-03-2002, 11:53 AM   #24  
a work in progress...

Default There's strength in numbers...

We are a formidable group, aren't we? I agree, 2cute...I do draw upon the strength from this group to keep me going. Knowing that I have to (NEED TO!) come back here each day, makes me try a [size=small]little[/size] harder so that I have something positive to report. I may not ALWAYS have something positive, but you guys definitely keep me on my toes!

I can always count on someone's words to inspire me to try something new, or see things in a different way. I am grateful to be a part of this group!

As I was reaching for "just a few more" cute little pastel M&Ms yesterday, I had a bit of a reality check for myself. I have been exercising diligently for a few weeks now and really feeling a difference...however...in keeping up with that...my diligence in weighing and measuring and writing down every morsel that goes into my mouth has slacked off. Not weighing in @ WW has something to do with that, I suppose...I thought of Tina and what she said about will it taste better than being able to lead an active life will feel? Keeping Tina and all of you in mind, kept me from eating another M&M, grabbing an Oreo (or 10) as I put them in the cookie jar (for the kids, I swear!), eating from the huge basket of chocolates at work, or putting anything in my mouth that was not good for me!

In 2 weeks, I will weigh in again at Curves, with measurements and body fat checked...I am recommiting these next two weeks to TOTAL compliance...keeping within points range, writing down everything, drinking the water, and sweating my A$$ off! I gotta keep telling myself, when you do EVERYTHING all at once (diet, water, exercise) is when you see some progress!! Duh...one of these days, I may actually get it!

I have a salad already for lunch...I made extra last night...planning ahead, see? I'm going to attack that right now!!

Who'd want a chocolate Easter bunny anyway, when you can have the positive, antioxidant effects of eating a colorful salad? Huh?

be good...
Old 04-03-2002, 02:18 PM   #25  

Thumbs down Me again

Hello again.
I never made it to see my dad today.
I was driving there and before I could get out of town I had to stop 4 times with the "D" problem. There are few bathrooms on the toll road. There was no way I could drive 2 hours there and two hours back. I don't feel sick at all. I think it is a reaction to some chinese food we ate last night. I don't know what else it could be.

I came back home and I have put my day to good use. I caught that "nesting" syndrome. I don't get far from the bathroom... but I still am getting a lot done. Isn't it funny how when you get out of the food the rest of your life also straightens out too. And ...when you get into the food... your whole life seems to go down the toilet too. (Ooppss.. bad choice of words today. LOL) Anyway... I not only am getting PRODUCTIVE... I even have time for a short post too.
Old 04-03-2002, 04:29 PM   #26  
I'm on my way!

Good afternoon everyone!!

This is the first chance I got to post all day. Every time I come on here I can only read because Andrew wants to sit in my lap or he is into things on the end table...climbing on the couch getting into my 32 oz water mug...twice today...the couch is soaked...I had to change him once already. Then he did it again with my mug full of iced tea but he was standing on the couch so he didn't get wet...there was a huge puddle on it though that he was standing in! Little turd...one of those times I was in the shower and just knew he was climbing on the couch so I get out soaking wet water still running and sure enough...so the bathroom floor was soaked...and before I could finish and wipe it up he came in and slipped and hit his head on the floor...then while I was getting dressed he was into the dog's water dish and I went to get a towel to wipe that up and before I got back in there he slipped on that water and hit his head on the kitchen floor...poor little guy! I am wiped though...isn't that considered exercise!?? Phew...thank God John is home! I am ready for bed!!!

2Cute...sorry to hear about your toileting problems...hope things get better for you! Don't you hate that when that happens and you can't do something you planned!!

Kat...I was reaching for those little pastel M&M's too yesterday. They came in a little plastic egg that Andrew got for Easter...I stopped though when I realized that tomorrow is my weigh in day and I havent' been totally OP all week. I am tempted to put on a pair of lighter pants so I can at least have a loss this week!

Mary I have stuff set aside to do a yard sale too...alot of baby clothes and stuff! We combined two households into one and have alot of stuff upstairs that is just collecting dust!

Thin glad to see you still on earth with us! Come back soon!

Malia...I was a career person until Andrew came along. I was doing commercial property management and had retail shopping centers in Princeton, NJ, Lancaster, PA and Wilmington, DE and office buildings in Exton, PA and Center City Philadelphia along with two apartment buildings in Philadelphia. I was traveling between the three states once a month and I tell you...I sure don't miss it! The relief is phenomenal! I would rather work in a factory and or an office 9-5 and go home without my job following me.

QueenB...Tina...oops...did I do that? Silly me! When I was pregnant my son sucked the brain cells from me so thats my excuse! LOL He is so smart and I have become an air head...oh geesh...I am turning into my sister! LOL Scary! I'm glad I can help you! Sometimes I feel like I am preaching but I have worked this program and lost 97 lbs 2 years ago so I know it works and if I can give some ideas to help someone else get to their goal if would make me feel useful! Even though I never saw the loss in the mirror I know I looked and felt much better than I do now. Even my old tenants in Rhode Island (I managed an apartment complex) didn't recognize me when I came back to visit! And I went from a Lane Bryant size 28- to a size 14.

Well, I better get my rear in gear and get dinner going..we are having spare ribs on the grill and baked sweet potatoes...and a veggie...I love sweet potatoes. We bought a new grill last weekend. It costs us $300 and its awesome! It even has a cast griddle so you can cook breakfast on there or grill the veggies on it too. I think I might do that with the zucchini and summer squash I have sitting in the fridge!

I'll be back again tonight before I go to bed...I need inspiration to get me to the scale in the morning!!

Michelle
Old 04-03-2002, 04:43 PM   #27  

Hi girls!! Here I am trying to play catch-up with you guys again.

It has been so far so good since Easter. Food has been good and have picked up exercising again. I am hoping to see a maintain when I weigh in Friday. Easter was not my only bad day. I ate terribly the Friday and Saturday before that too. I made my homemade spaghetti and garlic cheese bread (loaded with calories). It was SO good, even if I do say so myself. I really pigged out on it Friday, and continued to pig out on the leftovers Saturday. It happens. Oh well. I have picked back up and am on track AGAIN.

Tina: I TOTALLY know how you feel when you say you are dissapointed with only a 1 pound loss. But anything in a downward direction is great. I guess it's just impatience. We want to see the weight just falling off for all our hard work, since it's so darn easy to put on. I know that I get dissapointed to see only 1 pound at weigh in, but if I think of it in the long run, that even at 1 pound a week, that adds up to a whopping 52 pounds in a year. If I had just kept on losing that ONLY 1 pound a week over the last year, instead of getting repeatedly frustrated and giving up, I could have been to goal right now, so never disregard a one pound loss as insignificant. (Now if only I would take my own advice )

2Cute: What you said goes right along with what I was saying to Tina. Losing slowly is better than gaining at any speed. Why is it that we won't give ourselves credit for even a small loss? Why is it that for some of us, seeing only a 1 pound loss is almost as dissapointing as seeing a 1 pound gain? Something isn't right in that thought process. Sorry about your case of Chinesefooditis.

Kat: Your post was definately sending me "spring vibes"! As I was reading it, I started kind of looking around and noticing how neglected my house was looking. NOW LOOK WHAT YOU DID!! NOW I HAVE TO GO AND CLEAN IT!! Actually, I guess I should thank you. At least it will keep me busy and out of the fridge, and I KNOW I'll feel better when it's all sparkly clean.

Michelle: I know what you mean. I can't eat anything without my kids wanting some too. It's so funny, because now they actually PREFER fat free chips and yogurt. They will turn their noses up at regular. My son too, is blessed with his fathers metabolism and has always been underweight for his age group. My daughter, however, is in the 95th percentile, so I worry about her. She is in the 95th percentile for height as well as weight so at least proportioned. It's probably in her best interest to prefer the low fat foods. I don't want her to go through what I have, so she is part of my motivation to change. I want her to learn from example. I want her to think it's normal to eat healthy. I don't want her to think it's normal to eat an entire pizza at one sitting!!

Lucky: OMG!! You poor thing! I can't believe you are still digging out of the snow! I'll try to send some sunshine to you! I guess I do need a hobby. I have tried picking things up, but most of them involve concentration, and with my two kids, THAT is impossible I can tell ya. My other vice is smoking. I KNOW I have to give it up, but am afraid to do it right now. I'm not sure if I could cope with that right now. I feel like I need to conquer on thing before I start on another, or I will be overwhelmed and fail at all of them. But I need to do it soon. Promised my DH I'd be a non-smoker by the time he was out of Boot Camp, and that is 5 weeks away.

Malia: About your good news/bad news...Um that's cool/I'm sorry?? Well, at least now you can concentrate on YOU. Keep it up!!

TT: Good to know that you didn't fall off the planet! Come back and talk at us soon!!

Grannie: I swore off yardsales after the one I did last summer. I decided it was too much of a pain in the butt and there were better ways to spend a day. But I have noticed I have an awful lot of unused items stacking up in the garage. Maybe i should reconsider, hmmm???

I hope I didn't miss anyone. I'll talk at you all later,
Jen
Old 04-03-2002, 08:31 PM   #28  

2Cute My Dad does that too...in fact many times we show up and he has his stuff all piled up to take home. I just tell him might need it while he is there and there will be no problem taking it home later. So far he has bought that story.

Other than "Dad in nursing home" advise I really shouldn't be here because I feel sick of myself. I feel so hopeless at losing weight. I just don't know what to do.

I will try to come back in a better mood.
Old 04-03-2002, 09:21 PM   #29  
You and Me in 2003

I am with you Lucky ladybug
I am sick of myself I go to bed everynight saying I am going to stay on program tomorrow but when tomorrow comes you know what I do I eat. My aunt called today and asked me to come eat lunch with her she is 87 so I couldn't say no. She had cooked chicken dumplings (my favorite) and collards and corn bread. Then this afternoon I felt a banana sandwich calling so I ate one with chips and skim milk. I know I shouldn't but I can't help myself. I am so ashamed of myself.

well DH is taking the next two days off to help with the yard sale so he'll be under foot
Sunday is our 9th anniversary. well I better shutup for now. see all of you tomorrow
Old 04-03-2002, 11:15 PM   #30  

Default Time for a new thre

It is time for a new thread.

Do not post here... instead go to the ongoing NEW thread... #151

See you all there.
Closed Thread