Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-13-2008, 05:04 PM   #16  

Height: 5' 8"

Blood pressure, resting heart rate, cholesterol, liver function, well, pretty much everything - all gone from dangerous to healthy levels with NO MEDS
yoyonomoreinvegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 07:56 PM   #17  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Lower cholesterol, fewer allergy symptoms, stomach no longer bloated, nails growing better, less heartburn.
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 08:47 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 254/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

My knees don't hurt. I don't avoid stairs.
Pandora123a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 11:08 PM   #19  

Here's what I've noticed thus far:

~Inches lost
~Fitting clothes I haven't worn in a long time
~Compliments from others
~Lost a chin
~More energy
~Less knee pain
~......and so much more
SunshineCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 01:16 AM   #20  
Future Glamazon

S/C/G: 254/198/170

Height: 6'2"

Here are a few things I've noticed:

* Improvements to my physical abilities:
-- When I started this back in Febuary I could only do "push-ups" against a wall or in a doorway since I had so little strength. I can do them in proper form on my knees now (no sagging back or butt sticking up!), and will probably be moving up to military style push-ups in a few weeks.
--I can run for 40-50 minutes at a stretch now, and my speeds are continually improving.

* I'm not so lazy anymore. I now often will park a further distance away from a store or destination and happily walk, rather than look for the closest parking spot available. I don't mind the extra exercise these days.

* My confidence has returned in leaps and bounds. I feel like a normal person again (despite my height!). I find it thrilling and quite satisfying to be just an "Average Jane" once again.

* My TOM is no longer the severe-cramps, bad-skin, wild-mood-swing roller coaster ride it used to be.

* And #1: I just feel better about myself, inside and out.

Last edited by Apple Cheeks; 08-14-2008 at 01:18 AM.
Apple Cheeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 02:14 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 181/168/115

Height: 5'3

My acne is better when I am not eating processed foods either. Lately its been lots of organic and also high fiber and high protein.
My stomach feels better, I dont feel bloated in the morning like I used to All the time.
I "Feel" lighter even if its just a lb or two that I lose...its weird but it makes me just feel good all over
I've cut out ALOT of salt, sodium and sugar from my diet.
I feel healthier all around!
lightafterdark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 04:14 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 328/276/140

Since doing the elliptical 4-5 times/wk and eating better for the last few months I've gotten rid of knee and joint pain, sleep better (no more sleep apnea), fit into clothes I haven't worn for years and feel much more energetic.

Just discovered today that my resting heart rate has come down 20%
Boomcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 04:52 PM   #23  
Becoming better overall

S/C/G: 199/160/125

Height: 5' 3"

Health-wise I've always been healthy but my doctor always advised me to lose weight because I would gain about 10 every year and my family has a history of diabetes and high blood-pressure..
At my highest I was 192, and she wanted me down at least 20 lbs to stay healthy.. Now I'm at 147 and went cold turkey with sugar and processed foods.. so it's safe to assume I'm waaay healthier and a LOT less at risk!
Things I noticed:
- My stretch marks on my stomach are smaller and less noticable
- Toons of more energy!
- Shoe size also dropped to 8 1/2 from a 9
- The foods I eat make me feel good, not gross and full!
- As I keep dropping, it's getting a lot easier to run, not just because I'm lighter but because my inner thighs are a lot smaller and rub against each other less!
- My skin is a lot clearer, though still I have bumps here and there that I think I just need to treat with something..
- Not depressed anymore.. I feel like I have control of my life (also now that I'm in college and everything)
- SO much more confidence to go out and not feel like everyone is looking at my size!! I feel like I can accomplish ANYTHING I set my mind to
- A lot more organized.. if things get cluttered, it gets me depressed and my sleep gets messed up too.. weird but true. Oh yeah, better sleep too
- I'm generally a happier person, I don't procrastinate as much, I'm more confident in voicing my opinions and being myself rather than trying to hide myself!
- I'm wearing clothes to reflect my personality instead of just to wear them, and I walk with a higher chin and I'm starting to realize that I'm beautiful in my own way and there are going to be people who don't think so but there really is a difference between taking care of yourself because you love yourself than if you "fake" your look to cover up insecurities.. I'd rather look the best I can look than always be unhappy and trying to change it.
- My eyes.. I always wanted bigger eyes b/c.. being of South Asian descent, most girls have larger eyes, but my face has slimmed and I'm beginning to see that my eyes really ARE pretty large.
- Less moody, lighter periods, (they used to be VERY heavy and last up to 7 days) but now they are finally regular, moderate and feel normal, and also I have less cramps.. I used to have HORRIBLE, intense cramps..

Losing weight has really turned things around for me, and it couldn't have come at a better time!

Last edited by Starrynight; 08-14-2008 at 04:59 PM.
Starrynight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 07:08 PM   #24  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

This time last year I was having trouble breathing--something similar to asthma. I was having trouble with singing and breath control. My doctor prescribed an inhaler that I used up until after Christmas. Soon as I started losing weight the symptoms became less noticeable and now I don't need the inhaler at all. I can't remember the last time I needed to use it.

I have less knee pain and I can get up off the couch without huffing and puffing like the big bad wolf.

And my feet seem a bit smaller or at least some of my shoes fit better.

I can sleep better.

I can see bones I haven't seen in a long, long time.

Last edited by retiredone; 08-14-2008 at 07:08 PM.
retiredone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 11:59 PM   #25  
Queen of the World

S/C/G: 256/256/190

Height: 5 feet 8 inches

I feel lighter and sexier and my shoe size has gone down too. My varicose veins are smaller and hurt less. I can cross my legs and it doesn't look weird. I am happier and more content. Everything seems easier.
Writermom46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 12:30 AM   #26  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

I look forward to getting dressed in the morning. I can choose what is cute, rather than what is "acceptable."

I am more social and just all around more conficent.

People treat me like I matter....sad, but true. However, maybe that's because I treat myself like I matter too, right?

I take better care of my skin & my teeth! Weird, but true.

Do I need to mention: more energy?

I can't wait to see what other changes I develop as I reach my goal!
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 03:09 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 222/154.4/149 (mini-goal)

Blood pressure improved dramatically, fitting into clothesfrom 3 years ago, more energy, moving better, noticably stronger, getting more done, acid reflux gone.
karen0117 is offline   Reply With Quote