Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2002, 09:01 AM   #1  
GmaTo8

Thumbs down APRIL Featherweights

Thank goodness for a new month ~ 3 pages was getting way too long! Be sure and go back to March and read about Kat's tatoo.

Lurkers, please feel free to jump in, we are a friendly few who welcome new Featherweights. The name came from Chickenlady who started the thread, and has no bearing on our weight levels. (I wish!!)

Hope everyone had a blessed Easter.
Jana
Old 04-01-2002, 09:11 AM   #2  

Morning ladies,

JANA, I'm so glad that your daughter and babies are okay now. That must have been awful. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. BTW, I am feeling somewhat better, just a little tenderness around the incision underneath the belly button.

KAT, I like the tattoo. My daughter has several, she has the sun on her shoulder with her oldest daughters name in it, on her ankle she has a vine of flowers with her youngest daughters name on it, and then just below her neck she has some sort of symbol that stands for fire (I think). I like the two with her daughters' names on them, but I don't really care for the other one.

We had a wonderful Easter. We had a cookout at my aunt's house. Her only son and his girlfriend was there, both of my daughters with their boyfriends and children, my mother and her boyfriend and one of my mom's half sisters. Everyone enjoyed themselves. My aunt doesn't have any grandchildren so she enjoyed borrowing mine for the day.

Well I'm off to school. I'll check in with you girls earlier.

Again, anyone out there wishing to join a group for support, we welcome you.

Ruth
Old 04-03-2002, 12:03 AM   #3  
The Rockinghorse Gal

S/C/G: 238/230/130

Height: 5'2"

Just bumping this up to the top again...

I trust you all had a good holiday? The kids and I were invited to a friend's house/mini-farm and had a great time. A bonus is that they have goats and have more milk than they can use...we get free goat-milk every week now! *happy dance*NOTHING beats milk fresh from the goat...( I tried to pay them, but they refused, saying they had more than they could drink and ended up giving it to their dogs)

On a bad note, I have no heat now (furnace is broken AGAIN) so its getting pretty chilly. I'm consoling myself by thinking of all the calories I'm burning shivering. (I'm rather blue too now. )
I'll much about with it tomorrow when I can SEE down there and meanwhile hope it doesn't get too cold. I gave the kids extra blankets, covered the rat cage to keep them warm too, and turned the heating pad around the fish bowl up a bit. Hopefully the pipes won't freeze.

The good new is that I got my Section 8 housing voucher today so I'm now looking for a 4 bedroom apt. I'll get to get something up to $879/mo, so we can actually a place that isn't a fire trap, with no heat half the time, and has enough space/storage. I hate moving, but this will be a good move. Hopefully it won't take me long to find a new place...
Old 04-03-2002, 11:31 AM   #4  

Kat, congratulations on getting the Section 8 housing voucher. I know that you may not relish moving, but just think how happy you'll be in a nicer apartment!!

I wish my oldest daughter would get her act together. I wouldn't mind her getting government assistance if she were like you and using it to help her become self sufficient. In other words, go to school!! Instead she prefers to be in a bad relationship instead of trying to make it on her on. I know she is probably insecure, but there is so much help out there for single mothers. It just really bothers me.

How much longer do you have in school. We are starting our summer and fall registration this week. I'm taking 9 hours in the summer and signing up for 18 hours this fall. I will probably drop 1 or 2 of the fall classes, but if I'm lucky maybe a couple of them will be easy.

Hi CARREE and JANA, hope you two are doing okay.

Ruth
Old 04-04-2002, 09:28 AM   #5  
GmaTo8

Good morning Ladies,

I had a message all ready to post, and when I tried to preview it, it disappeared. I guess it's floating in cyberspace somewhere....

Ruth, it's great how you have things all planned out. I bet you are an inspiration to the younger students.

Kat, how nice that you will get a bigger, safer place. I just love to organize kitchens, hang curtains, place furniture, etc. Wish I could be there to help.

Carree, hi! Where are you?

My older DD is doing fine. The dr said the babies will gain very rapidly now. DD eats like a lumberjack, but has gained only in the belly area.

Younger DD and I are having lots of fun scrapbooking. My hubby's schedule allows him to come home for several hours on Thursdays now, so while he is here is stay with his mom, I'm going to town for more scrapbooking supplies.

Old Man WInter is hanging on, kicking and screaming, here in Indiana. I am so ready for Spring, and imagine all of you are, too

Have a good one!
Jana
Old 04-04-2002, 06:14 PM   #6  

Evening,

Jana, scrapbooking sounds like so much fun. I have been planning on doing it. I've went by a local scrapbooking store and was in awe of all the stuff they have.

Well, I better get to studying, see you tomorrow.

Ruth
Old 04-07-2002, 03:20 AM   #7  

Looks as if everyone must be busy the last few days. I've managed to get some studying done the last few, I thought I'd check in with the rest of you.

My baby turned 21 today. It seems like yesterday she was only three years old.

Hope your weekend is a good one, I'll check in again later.

Ruth
Old 04-07-2002, 07:19 PM   #8  
GmaTo8

Hi all,

Ruth, although I feel like we've been real busy lately, I can't say with what exactly... time just rushes by.

I am sort of sad today - our pastor is leaving our church and is relocating. He has been there for all of the important events in our lives in the past 5 years, and is the type of person you can really talk to.

I've got some Pooh fabric to make a valance for the babies' room, and 2 Pooh quilt lenghts, too. That ought to keep me busy for awhile, as though I wasn't already.

What's eveyone else up to? Hope you're all okay.

Jana
Old 04-07-2002, 08:45 PM   #9  
Fit and Feisty

Hi Everyone!

Jana: Our pastor is leaving our church in June. I understand how you feel. We get attached and share so many wonderful memories. I went back to the church I grew up in about a year and a half ago. Had not been there for a very long time. I love it so much. It gives me such peace. I love everyone there and love to be a part of everything that goes on.

Sunday night....that means work tomorrow.

I am thankful to have a job.....I am thankful to have a job....i am thankful to have a job...... :sheep:
Old 04-10-2002, 11:52 AM   #10  
GmaTo8

Hi Featherweights,

Not much news - just bringing this back to the top.

Finally, some warmth and sunshine in Indiana! I'm going outside today and rake the last of the Fall leaves away from the perennials. I gotta say goodbye to pretty fingernails once gardening season gets here, but it's worth it.

Have a good day!
Jana
Old 04-11-2002, 10:16 AM   #11  

Morning ladies, just stopping by for a quick hello. We are also finally getting some warmer weather (without rain). I plan on scheduling a walk this afternoon. Maybe this weather will get me going again.

JANA, have fun in your yard. I've never been much of a yard person, but I have thought about making some flower beds the last couple of years. Of course, I haven't made them yet.

Hey KAT and CARREE, where are you girls.

Ruth
Old 04-12-2002, 07:51 PM   #12  
The Rockinghorse Gal

Sorry I haven't posted...I'm in the end of the semester steamrolled by work crush and haven't had time to breath.

I'm back up to 204 *sigh* again and the med has totally ceased having any effect so I'm off of it now. I'm not ALL the way back up to where I was, but I'm dissapointed nonetheless. I sure wish Medicaid would pay for gastric band surgery. Oh well...I'll have to buy insurance for myself when I get a hospital job and then see if I can get that insurance to cover surgery...

At any rate, I'm off to take a walk, but wanted to say hi to you all.

Kat
Old 04-13-2002, 11:10 AM   #13  
GmaTo8

Hi All,

Kat, my husband's niece had gastric bypass the weel before last and has had all kinds of complications. Her wound won't close, and she had to go back to surgery 2 additional times. I think that her situation is unusual, but it's scary anyway.

Ruth, gardening would be great for you! It's very relaxing, and as the flowers grow, it's very rewarding. Plus, you can place vases of fresh cut flowers all over the house. I've got daffodils and hyacinths (which smell so good!) now, and the lilacs and tulips will bloom in a week or so. Think about it, okay?

Carree, where are you??

Not much news here. I've invited my son-in-law's family over for a cookout tomorrow, and I'm looking forward to that. They are a bunch of crazy, down to earth people who fit right in with my family.

Have a good weekend.
Jana
Old 04-13-2002, 10:45 PM   #14  
The Rockinghorse Gal

I'm very sorry to hear about your husband's niece...I hope she is doing better now?

To clarify, gastric band surgery is a bit different than gastric bypass--it is much safer and is removable if need be. In essence, rather than actually cutting the stomach and reattaching it to a location further down on the small intesting, they place a hollow band around the stomach, and imbed a port in the abdomen that connects to the band. It provides physical restriction and effectively acts like a stomach stapling pouch, but leaves the stomach intact. It also can be adjusted, as the port can be filled with sterile saline a few cc's at a time, expanding the band and further constricting the stomach "pouch". It IS still major surgery, but is not as drastic as traditional bypass and is quite a bit safer overall. It is a realtively new procedure however, so I will have to travel to find someone who is experienced enough to trust!
Old 04-16-2002, 06:52 PM   #15  
Fit and Feisty

Just checking in to say hi to everyone! The weather is just fantastic. Time for the beach.
Closed Thread