Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-13-2008, 12:41 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Patrol View Post
I wish I could agree with this... in fact, there was a time that I did believe it, but apparently, as science delves deeper & deeper into weight loss, this is proving to be a not-quite-so-true theory.
I think it really is calories in - calories out. It's just really difficult to be accurate about the calories, especially the calories burned. The calories out half the equation is just so much more complicated than it's often taken for.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 12:51 PM   #32  

I worry about every day! I do feel like I am in control of food now..and I never felt that before when I lost the weight. As of Aug. 21...I have went ONE whole year without losing BUT...I also have NOT gained!!I bounce around 3 lbs. every day. I am one who feels it absolutely necessary to weigh everyday. It keeps me accountable.

I am NOT a fan of Atkins...as in my opinion..I would fear that I, personally..for me..would gain it back to easy, as I have a problem with carbs.
Skinny4baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 12:56 PM   #33  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

All I know is that I have lowered my caloric intake to 1200, 1300, 1400, & about to go to 1500 to try to get this weight moving. So far, nothing has given results.

I've read that you will NOT lose a lot of excess fat weight if you don't increase your metabolism before lowering your calorie intake. Even a slight increase in your metabolic rate will speed up fat loss over many months without strict dieting. There are many factors that can change the metabolism rate, and of course cardio exercise is the main one.

However, I do agree with you that "so much more complicated than it's often taken for."
Beach Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 01:13 PM   #34  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

I'd say it's like this:

I. Calories in versus calories out,
.....A. Unless you are not getting enough of each of the macronutrients (protein, carb, fat)
.....B. And unless you are eating too few calories
.....C. And unless you are overexercising to where your muscles are breaking down.

This is my working hypothesis at the moment...

Jay

Last edited by JayEll; 08-13-2008 at 01:13 PM.
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 02:09 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayEll View Post
I'd say it's like this:

I. Calories in versus calories out,
.....A. Unless you are not getting enough of each of the macronutrients (protein, carb, fat)
.....B. And unless you are eating too few calories
.....C. And unless you are overexercising to where your muscles are breaking down.

This is my working hypothesis at the moment...

Jay
I think it's still "calories out", it's just that A, B and C affect calories out.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote