Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2002, 10:06 AM   #1  
Empress/Queen

Talking Sunny Bunny Easter Streak & Challenge

Okay, I lied when I said on the last thread that I didn't feel like doing an Easter challenge! My weigh-in this a.m. convinced me otherwise. Yipes!

So here I am, a plump bunny who finally realizes she absolutely wants to get serious here and finally lose THE LAST 10 POUNDS, plus the 20 (yes) that seem to have multiplied back on like bunnies from where I lost them before. So I'm now going all the way and challenging myself to lose 30 pounds, but not, of course by Easter Sunday. So my current challenge to myself is to be down 10 by Easter, which is March 31. This is kind of ambitious for a slow loser, but I'm going for it nevertheless.

My method will be a Sunny Bunny Streak of good fitness behavior, but I'm not making hard and fast rules. I'm generally going for a weekly average of 1500-1700 healthy calories (give or take) and two exercise sessions a day as I strive to heal and become the fit, Slender & Smiling Sunny Bunny I once was. I need to be fit & light enough to deliver all those eggs on Easter Sunday and the chocolate chickies that the little kids can eat but I will never touch because I am so on top of things. I do not desire, though, to resemble a blue Easter egg in shape, but rather a slender spring flower, maybe a daffodil (though those are a winter flower where I live).

As always I do not post my weight (sets up negative thinking in my feeble brain) but will post the ups and downs.

So on Day One of my streak and challenge, I am:

Sunny Bunny Crone: Goal - Lose 10 by Easter, 10 to go

Anyone else?
Old 03-17-2002, 01:25 PM   #2  
Domestic Engineer

I'll join you crone-- I too have gained-- for no good reason other than the goold 'ole sabotage and depression cycle.

I don't know why I keep doing this to myself, but it's got to stop and I know that continuted *good* behaviors are the only way for me. So a streak to Easter, though short might just be the jump-start I need to get this really going this spring and summer. Plus we are taking a little trip that week after Easter and I've already determined that *not* to be an excuse for doritos and chocolate in the car. I'm really going to try.

My streak rules are no fast food, actually I'm going to make that no eating out at all-- I can do that for 2 weeks. 45 minutes of cardio 5x per week, weights 2x per week.

So I'm going to for 10 as well
Crone- lose 10, 10 to go
Emily- lose 10, 10 to go

Let's do it!
Old 03-17-2002, 02:11 PM   #3  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Thumbs down Ok, I'll give it a shot!

Hmmm.... I don't think 10 in 2 weeks is going to happen for me, but I think that 5 might be doable. I did manage to squeeze off another 2 pounds just this very morning, to put me at 6 off of the 10 pledged for St. Paddy's. Still working on my Christmas 7 gained, but I've just got 2 of those to go. Then another 10 will get me down as low as I've been in recent years. I can do it.

I'm really finding the 21-Day behavior mod. challenge helpful. It's keeping me focused, and I've got 12 days in now. Yay!

Good luck, Bunnies!

Crone- lose 10, 10 to go
Emily- lose 10, 10 to go
Babette - lose 5, 5 to go

xo
babette
Old 03-17-2002, 04:26 PM   #4  
One day at a time

Default HEY ALL YOU SUNNY BUNNIES

I'll be happy to join in on your easter challenge, but I'm gonna go for 5lbs. I'll never make 10lbs. in two weeks. Although I'm always in for a good challenge.

I almost made my st. patricks day goal of 10lbs. but fell 1 lb. short, with a loss of 9lbs. oh well onward and upward (or in this case downword).

sheila
--------------
220/190/135lbs.
Old 03-17-2002, 06:09 PM   #5  
Empress/Queen

Smile Day One, Part II

Skinny Sunny Bunnies, arise! I am hopping with joy to see posts here, as I think I'll be working all night on this assignment and need to stay on the straight and narrow bunny trail if I'm to get this streak off on a bang. It's really fun to eat at the computer, why is that?

Jelynn: That ol' depression and sabotage cycle gets me, too, but this time I'm intending to beat that bad boy up and chase him out of town. I love Easter for its reminder that new beginnings can crop up like spring flowers, little lambs and bunnies and baby chicks, just when we least expect it. I'm ready to take control and I like your phrase: "I CAN DO THAT FOR TWO WEEKS!"

Babette: Congratulations on your two pound loss! You really took a substantial bite out of the 10 pound pledge and you should be proud! I agree 10 is a tall order for me for two weeks, but decided to go for the gold, no reference to the Winter Olympics intended! I've been reading the 21-day challenge and think you guys are doing great. Thought about joining, too, but have Easter Bunnies on the brain at the moment. This really is my favorite holiday. When I lived in the midwest, I used to crave spring so I could exercise outdoors (unthinkable to me when there is snow). Now I merely crave the symbols and rite of the season, but the feeling is the same: I can do and be a new person come spring ... and if the old plump bunny shows up, I'll give her a carrot instead of a cookies 'n creme bar!

Sheila: I think nine pounds of a 10-pound pledge is a fabulous St. Paddy's success! You are nine pounds lighter and moving in the right direction!

I tried to update the St. Pat's pledge list once more, but couldn't figure it all out because I am mathematically challenged. So congrats to all and enjoy this Irish holiday!

The Sunny Bunnies and their goals are, at the moment:

Crone - lose 10, 10 to go
Emily- lose 10, 10 to go
Sheila - lose 5, 5 to go

Last edited by Amarantha2; 03-17-2002 at 06:24 PM.
Old 03-17-2002, 06:45 PM   #6  

Default Hopping down the bunny trail

Ok count me in girls....I too have had about all I can take of failing......I havent gained any since getting off track somewhat...but that there tells me I could have LOST a good amount if I had followed plan 100%...oh well....onto the next challenge!!!
I start at the YMCA tomorrow and I think I can take off some extra weight if I keep myself in check....I pledge to lose 4lbs between now and Easter Sunday.....good luck to all my fellow bunnies.....we can do it.......
Angel.....awww dont be too hard on yourself girl....I sometiimes think we ladies take ourselves for granted when we have families to tend to daily......and we dont give ourselves the TLC we need and DESERVE.......huge hugs girl.......I am with ya all the way!!!

Take care to all.......LisaL

Crone....good to have you back and hopping!!!
Sheila...good for you on your pledge being 1lb shy.....you go!!!
Babette and Jelynn......good luck girls....I think we all need it!!!
Old 03-17-2002, 11:07 PM   #7  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Wink lucky of the irish eh?....

Hey....there ol' lassies and leprechauns. Well the luck o' the Irish sure wasn't with me for the last challenge. But this red-haired and fair lass would love to be able to skip down the bunny lane and join all you bunnies in the next challenge. Lets see?....I will pledge on my bunny honour to lose 5 lbs. Which I might add, will slim down this stylin' bunny!! I hope everyone is geared up for this next challenge...its a short 2 weeks to those darn Cadbury Creme Eggs ......so lets get HOPPING!!
Old 03-18-2002, 09:38 AM   #8  
Happy Member

Default I'll join you -

Easter is just two weeks away, and this is a busy time of the year for us church-goers, but I will join you for this Easter Bunny challenge. I need to.

My challenge will be to continue to maintain. I will admit here among cyberfriends that I have a tendency to gain about 4 lbs., which then are difficult to take off. It is the same 4 lbs., isn't it? I think so. And this morning I was right on the 150 lbs. mark, where I have been for a year and a half, so here we go again. I will now make up a batch of the famous cabbage soup, and have it for one meal a day for a few days. That helps me with maintaining. I do not recommend it though, it is after all a 'fad diet.' But I happen to find it tasty. And helpful.

Everyone, let's do our best in our individual challenges. And can we all keep smiling? I hope so -
Old 03-18-2002, 10:53 AM   #9  
soon to be goddess

Wink Sorry...I forgot to post the pledges.....

Sorry, I forgot to do the clip and paste thing on my last post...I didn't want this to get lost with more posts. Here they are:

Emily- lose 10, 10 to go
Sheila - lose 5, 5 to go
Angeleyes- lose 5, 5 to go
JoJoJo2- maintain
Old 03-18-2002, 11:03 AM   #10  
Empress/Queen

Smile Day Two on the Bunny Trail

Did well yesterday with 1785 calories, exercise was one wimpy walk and rehabilitation exercises. Not much but a start. I am laying aside a dollar under my bunny statue for each successful streak day and will buy myself an Easter treat (hat, maybe) on the day.

JoJoJo2: Glad you hopped aboard the Easter special, destination: fitness. The cabbage soup sounds just right for a healthy rabbit meal!

Angel-Eyes: Another bunny reporting for duty, hooray! But you forgot to mention Cadbury caramel eggs now exist beside the creme eggs. Unfortunately, when I see those, I always ask myself, "Why wait 'till Easter?"

Momto2: The YMCA sounds fun. I used to belong to one and had a great time swimming. Happy to see you're a hoppy bunny, too!

Everybody: Paraphrasing Jelynn, "WE CAN DO THIS FOR TWO WEEKS!"

Emily- lose 10, 10 to go
Sheila - lose 5, 5 to go
JoJoJo2 - maintain
Angel-Eyes - lose 5, 5 to go
Momto2Boys - lose 4, 4 to go

Please keep posting the above list and updating at your Sunny Bunny pleasure!

Last edited by Amarantha2; 03-18-2002 at 11:06 AM.
Old 03-18-2002, 05:16 PM   #11  
Domestic Engineer

Hey all you Easter Bunnies!!
I'm actually having a great OP day-- planned meals, fruit as snacks, water and a step video. Feels good to be back on the wagon.
I realize 10 ilbs is a lot to aim for in 2 weeks, but I know alot of my recent weight gain is water and junk weight that a week of clean eating will get rid of [hopefully]! After that, we'll see what my body will get rid of!

crone- I love those caramilk eggs too...unfortunately that is where much of this past months weight has come from! Why oh why do they have to tempt us with Easter candy the day after Valentines Day?!

jojojo2- That cabbage soup sounds just fine-- as you say it's only for a meal and what can be better for you than veggies! I say it's only a fad diet if it's all you're eating!

Good luck to you all!

Emily- lose 10, 10 to go
Sheila - lose 5, 5 to go
JoJoJo2 - maintain

Old 03-19-2002, 06:36 AM   #12  

Hello all...

Count me in for the challenge! My pledge is to lose 7 by Easter Sunday... a lofty goal, but I really need to be challenged, since I'll be on spring break from the school where I work all next week, and unstructured times usually spell TROUBLE for me.

By the way...just to update you all...since I never got a chance to post over the weekend... I weighed in last Friday & was down 3 pounds...which put me right on target for my st. patty's day pledge... I just have been majorly overwhelmed & haven't had the chance to post it since then. My grandpa just passed away & have been going crazy making arrangements, etc. I really need this new challenge to take my mind off of all of that...plus there has been & I'm sure will continue to be for the next few days alot of eating on the run as we try to figure everything out...
so I need something to focus on...

So here's the stats :

Emily- lose 10, 10 to go
Sheila - lose 5, 5 to go
JoJoJo2 - maintain
joshie's mommy - lose 7, 7 to go

Talk to you all soon!
Staci
Old 03-19-2002, 08:13 AM   #13  

JoshiesMom.....sorry to hear about your grandpa.....but great to hear you made your st pattys day goal....good for you!!!

Hey ladies...how are ya all? I am battling a darn cold/flu.....Jesse was ever so kind to start it off in the house last week...then Kail caught the cold/runny nose part of it....and now I have been having hot flashes, tired, and very very congested.....so I will do my best to get thru this.....usually I dont eat much when I am sick so we shall see.....

TIme to go lay back down on the couch.....I took some cold/sinus meds and boy they make me very jitterey and sick to my stomach at times.....take care all...LisaL
Old 03-19-2002, 11:55 AM   #14  
Empress/Queen

Smile Day 3

Hoppy Pre-Easter, Slim 'n Slender Skinny Sunny Bunnies!

Everyone appears to be doing great, as am I, though like Momto2Boys, I need to lie down on the couch a bit. Finished yesterday with 1660 calories. Exercise a.m. was 40 minute easy walk; p.m. walked 15 minutes, a bit faster. Have done weights, very light and easy, and some Pilates this morning.

Hoppy to see you on the bunny trail, Joshie's Mommy! Very sorry about your grandpa's passing. You're to be commended on finding ways to cope with it all and still address your health. Congratulations on making your St. Pat's Day goal. That is great!

Jelynn: It IS silly how they put at all the holiday candy way ahead of time. I noticed the Easter stuff was out actually BEFORE Valentine's Day in my Walgreen's! BTW, with the caramel eggs, I find myself slicing off most of the chocolate and just eating the caramel, which is kind of bizarre. I keep the chocolate shavings in the freezer but I don't know what I'll ever do with them. Congrats on being right on top of your program!

"WE CAN DO THIS FOR TWO WEEKS!" — Jelynn

Emily- lose 10, 10 to go
Sheila - lose 5, 5 to go
JoJoJo2 - maintain
joshie's mommy - lose 7, 7 to go
Old 03-19-2002, 03:05 PM   #15  
soon to be goddess

Talking avoided a major grease slide.....

Hi Ladies. Well, I was out doing errands, and even though I planned a snack before heading out....I was caught in Walmart with a 4 yr old who wanted to eat. No ifs and or buts!!! So, I bit the bullet and ventured into the restaurant at Walmart, and just couldn't bring myself to slide into the greasy hamburger!!! HA, I LOOK STRAIGHT AT THE COUNTER CLERK AND SAID.....I'll have a garden salad please!!!! Believe me...it wasn't too thrilling, but it was enough to fill me and then when I got home, had a nice fresh ham sandwich. YUMM!! I want you also to know, I get extra points because my son's grilled cheese sandwich came with fries and neither him nor I ate them!!! HOW DO YOU LIKE THAT? Another HA!! So I'm feeling very VIRTUOUS right now....and actually am glad not to hear my arteries clogg.

Joshies Mommy...I'm so sorry to hear about your Grandfathers death. The range of emotions that it takes to deal with something like this is very stressful. I am glad to hear you are sticking to your plan at a time like this. My condolances to your family.

Mom....Hope you to are taking the time to rest. At times we are supposed to be like "super mom" but remember to do what's best for you too!! {{{hugs}}}
Closed Thread