Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-06-2008, 02:19 PM   #1  

Unhappy Lost five stone have put back on four in last year

Weighted myself today for first time in ages.I have put back on four stone.I lost 5 stone with weight watchers 3 years ago.Kept it of for 2 years but over last year I have slipped back in to old ways.On and off I have cut back but not gone to WW meetings.I have started again today on counting points etc.I feel like such a failure.I know people are looking at me and saying oh she has put back on weight.Deep down I know I can do it again.Any advice or help .My husband is trying to understand me but unless you being in this position yoy cannot really understand.For anyone reading this who has put on some weight get back to it today dont keep putting it off like I did.Glad I found this site
Aido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 02:58 PM   #2  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Aido, welcome to the site. You have came to the right place for weightloss support. Don't be too hard on yourself. It is really easy to get lax and regain part (if not all) of the weight that we lose. I'm currently re-losing some of mine right now. What is helping me most to stay on plan now is exercise, exercise and more exercise. It keeps me focused and I wouldn't want to eat stuff I shouldn't if it would negate all the exercise I'm doing.

You definitely can "do it again" and we are here if you need us.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 03:04 PM   #3  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Hi and welcome to 3FC. This is a phenomenal place for support, encouragment and advice. You are in good hands here. Many, MANY people who are in the same boat as you.

My advice to you would be, to do the same exact thing that you did to lose the weight last time! No more slipping back into the old ways. Get back to those WW meetings. You've done it before, you must certainly CAN do it again. Good luck to you.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 03:09 PM   #4  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey--good for you for starting again. Like the others, I'd say get back to WW, go to your meetings, and really do the maintenance this time.

I did what you did years ago--stopped going, regained the weight, and then added 30 more before I finally called a halt to it. You're way ahead of where I was in terms of realization.

Good luck!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 03:13 PM   #5  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

im hoping this is a situation i can avoid....
im sure u will reloose the weight....
at least this time round u know all there is to know to get u to your goal!....
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 04:02 PM   #6  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

You certainly aren't the only one who lost and regained weight. While that probably doesn't help you, at least you know that statistically speaking - you are very normal

Buckle down, get back to your meetings and post here often whenever you need support!
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 04:14 PM   #7  

thank you for all the support .Was just going to settle down for evening but think i will go for walk instead.
Old 08-06-2008, 04:15 PM   #8  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aido View Post
thank you for all the support .Was just going to settle down for evening but think i will go for walk instead.
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 04:48 PM   #9  
A Work In PROGRESS

S/C/G: 128/see ticker/116

Height: 5'3"

Well i can join the club aswell of gaining,, im back now soo i hope you are here to stay as well , go back to WW meetings and this site will also give you motivaion, it has for me xo
FlabbyHarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 05:35 PM   #10  

Was on my walk and was going through things in my mind.I got so flustered when I weighted my self I did the math wrong .I have put on 3 not 4 four stone.Better than things were. But a lot ofwork ahead.But I have a feeling this site could helps loads.
Here to stay