Chipotle, you won ... this time

• Oh, when will I learn?

Chipotle knocked me over with how many points their food is worth. Twenty-two points for a chicken burrito! Add my breakfast, and I officially was through all my points for the entire day.

Lesson learned:

1. Chipotle must soak every ingredient, every tortilla in butter. Jeezy creezy.

2. I really gotta do some research before I eat out.
  • I know, my worst habit is counting calories AFTER I eat!
    I love the title of your post!
  • It's not soaked in butter - those burritos are just plain huge. DH and would always split one in half for dinner after I learned how many calories is in one!

Tasty, though
  • Sometimes I go to a meeting where they order Chipotle for us..I learned the dangers of it a while back, but I also learned how to eat it and still avoid a week's worth of calories in a day. I get romaine lettuce, chicken and tomato salsa- that's it. It's filling and flavorful and not even 300 calories. Not bad, huh? Sodium is another story, but hey, I just drink a lot of water with it!
  • Always check the calories BEFORE you eat out...a lesson well learned.

Chipotle isn't too bad, though, if you investigate ahead of time. And so satisfying! You can get a delicious salad there...chicken, black beans, some salsa for dressing...yum! The peppers and onions make a great add-on to that salad as well.
  • I love Chipotle for lunch - I can get a GREAT filling salad for around 450 cals ... and it's enough that I don't need an afternoon snack.

Salad (not a bol), which means lettuce
    Black beans
    corn salsa
    tomato salsa
    hot salsa
    cheese (a very little)
    Guac (on the side - that way you don't get a honking huge spoonful)
    DO NOT eat the dressing.

This salad w/ the guac is 450 cals, w/out the guac is around 320.

Anything with the rice and tortilla is going to be waaaaayyyyyy too many calories.

• I love Chipotle too as one of my low calorie options. I get a bowl, extra lettuce, extra tomato salsa, extra grilled veggies, extra black beans, no rice, no tortilla, no sour cream, no cheese and usually a dab of guac.
  • I'm so glad we don't really have Chipotle in Massachusetts. (There's ONE in Boston, but that's it.)

But it sounds similar to Qdoba and Boloco. Any burrito place, I do what it looks like the rest of you are doing. I get a naked burrito (no tortilla, no cheese, no sour cream) and the calories come out just fine. And it's still delicious.
  • Just to reinforce what everyone else has said, if you get a burrito bol or salad without rice, you can make a really healthy, filling meal at Chipotle.
    This is a really good website for figuring out what you are going to order before you go: http://www.chipotlefan.com/index.php...ion_calculator
  • For both Qdoba and Chipotle, I get things ''naked'' (bol in Chipotle language) - although store bought tortillas aren't bad in cals, you can see on each restaurants nutrition calculator that theirs are pretty high. I load up on beans and rice and corn (great for Fat Smashers, lol). If I'm feeling indulgent, I'll allow myself some sour cream - and for both places, pork (not chicken) is actually the lowest calorie meat.

I wouldn't know all that random info...if it wasn't for the fact that my friends and coworkers choose qdoba and chipotle to eat for lunch at least two or three times a week.

[EDIT] ....BEWARE the qdoba salad! Ive never had one at chipotle, but I used to love the taco salad (without the shell) at Qdoba...until I found out the 'salad' was 800 calories o.O Yikes!
  • Just wanted to say "Jeezy Creezy"... that's one of my favorite little quips!
  • The portions there are HUGE. We just got one here in the last 7-8 months and I was shocked. The burrito I order was as big as my forearm.