3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   August Will Not Be the Boss of Me (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/147825-august-will-not-boss-me.html)

srmb60 07-31-2008 10:29 AM

August Will Not Be the Boss of Me

I'm not letting another summer month go by in which I am buffeted and swayed by life. How about you?

In August I will ....

-make at least 10 gym visits for resistance exercises
-walk/jog/run/saunter 100 miles
-watch the junk food, there's always better choices
-water and green tea are better friends than diet coke

and I'd seriously be encouraged by a four pound loss.

beffie 07-31-2008 10:33 AM

Sounds good to me! August will be my month to kick the DP habit!

Also, I'm going to stop eating when I FIRST feel the slightest bit FULL!! No more stuffing myself!:carrot:

srmb60 07-31-2008 10:35 AM

Ok ... I'm old an slow ... what's DP?

Welcome:D

Ija 07-31-2008 10:39 AM

I need to kick diet pop once and for all. I've been slowly weaning myself off of it, but I haven't managed to stop completely. Next week I also fly home for my break, so I need to be careful around all of my mom's Croatian cooking. I could quite literally eat my body weight in gulas and cevapi.

I also resolve to start running this month, and to finally make it to onederland after 15 years! This morning I weighed in at 201.0, so it should be soon!!!

Spoz 07-31-2008 11:05 AM

-To drink more water
-To eat less between meals
-To up my workout intensity

I'm hoping I can lose 6-7 lb by the end of August, which I'm pretty sure I can do if I really stick to plan!

UrsusMaritimus 07-31-2008 11:10 AM

I will NOT let August weather be the boss of me... We're in the middle of a record-breaking heat wave here in Colorado, which makes me want to skip my workouts (I usually exercise outside). I resolve to get up earlier in order to beat the head and stay on target!

Heffalump 07-31-2008 11:26 AM

I shall *not* be defeated by my three week visit to ye olde homeland, in which I will have to brave my Mom's and aunt's delicious cooking, all the treats and restaurants I've been missing, the break in my routine, having no gym and limited command of the kitchen/fridge, attending two weddings and two birthday bashes, and probably copious amounts of BEER.

Usually my healthy life style goes out the window as soon as the plane touches down (and that's not counting the horrible airline food, haha). In the past I have gained astonishing and appalling amounts of weight at home. I have also been *a lot* more prone to binging when I'm there.

:mad: NO MORE!!! :mad:

I might not lose anything during August, but I sure as heck won't gain anything, either! Well, not a lot, anyway. Hehe. Uh. Yes.

:jig: YOU'RE NOT THE BOSS OF ME, AUGUST! BRING IT ON! :jig:

mountain mama 07-31-2008 11:33 AM

August is the month when I will work on my self control, inner peace and get safely into the 270s with no looking back on the 280s! I will work hard and read lots and not let the stress of us immigration/marriage/paperwork/moving get the best of my moods! August will NOT be the boss of me!

srmb60 07-31-2008 01:14 PM

I'm so proud of the lunch I've packed for work, I just have to post it somewhere!
Yesterday, I made tuna salad and egg salad with low fat mayo (left out some yolks too). For my veggies, I have cucumber, little yellow squash and green beans ... all out of my garden!

You do all pack your lunch, right?

blondebritbrat17 07-31-2008 01:43 PM

DP is I'm assuming Dr. Pepper.. Sounds good for August though! Count me in on what all was said up above

Mrs Snark 07-31-2008 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fauxtini (Post 2294892)
August is the month when I will work on my self control, inner peace and get safely into the 270s with no looking back on the 280s! I will work hard and read lots and not let the stress of us immigration/marriage/paperwork/moving get the best of my moods! August will NOT be the boss of me!

Can I just say how lovely and vibrant and just wonderful you look in your profile pic! I love it!

In August I will persevere. I will be optimistic. I will look for the joy in every day. And I will find time to add some gentle stretching to my days.

sh3l5 07-31-2008 03:16 PM

In August I am going to ....

* workout at my HARDEST level everyday
* limit my junk food/bad food intake!
* move around more at weekends

For June and July I have lost 8lbs and 7.5lbs respectively....
in August i shall be pushing for another 8lb loss!....

full of grace 07-31-2008 03:19 PM

In August, I resolve to reach ONEDERLAND!!!!!

:D

Woo!

suitejudyblueeyes 07-31-2008 05:02 PM

August is mine! :D This is the month I hit the famed quarter-century mark. Whatever it means to be 25, I shall find out this month!

This month, in celebration of my body's sticking with me for this long, I am going to treat it kindly in the following ways:

-Drop below the BMI "obesity" line for the last time (below 191)!
-Continue making progress with my running!
-Continue phasing animal products out of my life!

:D

cornellchick 07-31-2008 05:11 PM

I can't believe it's almost August already!! On my agenda this month...

- Return to school 20 pounds lighter than when I left.
- Keep it that way.
- Reach my first goal of 145 and see how I feel... then maybe keep going!!

:cheer3::cheer2::cheer3: