Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2002, 10:25 AM   #1  

Thumbs down Looking for some DFW losers! #2

Hope every one finds this ok....

feffyy
Old 03-05-2002, 10:54 AM   #2  
One day at a time.

Talking I'm here!

I was a little worried I wouldn't find it! No problem, it was easy! Well' I'm going get busy, finally. Been chatting on Yahoo, with a friend from La. that is so fun. Did you know that you can talk through your mic. instead of typing? You can also setup a web cam! I'm going now, I'll talk to y'all later!

Fyi Lucky, I have the same prob. ate 2 little pickles yesterday, now I'm all bloated! So much for my 8 lbs.

Water,water,water, that'll flush it out!

Mel

Last edited by mel17; 03-05-2002 at 10:58 AM.
Old 03-05-2002, 09:14 PM   #3  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Happy Tuesday everyone!!

Well, I think I'm on my way....I did the treadmill last night for the first time in AGES.....(I think a year or more.......) ~ only 20 minute and slow (.88 mile) but hey, it's a start, right? Tonight I went slightly faster, only 21 minutes but made a mile....woo hoo! So I think I will just increase some each time.

Day 2 "on my diet" and I was ok. Yesterday was perfect but today, just ok....I went out to lunch today which I said I wasn't going to do but circumstances forced the issue and I was out. I had pasta, asked for a "to go" box right away and put half away for tomorrows lunch. I feel so proud of myself cuz I could have eaten it all EZ!! I did have bread though so that wasn't great. But I feel good and I think I'm going to make it this time.

Asta ~ So glad that you're having a better day and feeling a little better. Skiing in Colorado?? Hope you feel 100% by then. Wow, that's alot of weight to lose from skiing....I think I'll have to take that up.

Mel ~ I hate Monday too. I love when 5pm on a Monday rolls around. So you chat on Yahoo? Do you ever chat here on 3FC?

feffyy ~ Your scale sounds like a good one. I have a digital scale that goes to half pounds. I am going to try...."try".....TRY to not get on the scale for a few weeks. (this coming from someone who is obsessed with it)....then, when I do get on it, it will be a big difference.....well, I did say try.

LuckyMom ~ I know for a fact that WV is cold. Let me tell you, 18 degrees this weekend was just a little too cool for me. I moved here from FL so cold isn't in my blood. Keep warm.

Well, time to watch NYPD Blue....have a wonderful evening.

Zoe ~ Soaking up the "SON" in Texas
220/196/148
Old 03-06-2002, 09:14 AM   #4  
One day at a time.

Hi, Good morning ladies

Although I don't know whats so good about it, I'm having some kidney pain and hoping it's not more kidney stones! I haven't been drinking enough water to keep them flushed out, but I'm trying to now!

We went to the gym last night, and I walked a mile and a half. Then we went out to eat, and I stayed on track with my eating and so did everybody else! It made me feel good when everyone order chicken too!

Zoe, I do chat here, when I can catch someone there. I chat on yahoo with friends from back home!

Lucky, sounds like you enjoyed Aerobics last week, wish I was brave enough to do them at our gym but I'm not YET!

Asta, I'm a little jealous, we never go on vacations, my husband won't take off work for it. He's a workaholic, and I can't compete with that!

How is the scale treating you today Feffyy, mine gave me a pound of fluid, probably because I haven't been drinking enough! But don't worry, we'll keep fighting the scale and we're gonna win!

I think the water is starting to flush out my kidneys but I really feel bloated already! Just downed 20oz. bottle of water, and about to start another one! Y'all have a good day!

Mel

Last edited by mel17; 03-06-2002 at 09:16 AM.
Old 03-06-2002, 09:29 AM   #5  

Good Morning ya'll!

mel I hope your kidney pain goes away, sounds painful
I am really lucky that we can and do travel. I do really appreciate it.

zoe Good job getting on the treadmill

feffyy I totally obsess with the scale, I just decided that that wasn't on my top ten list of problems and I will work on it later.

I'm still congested and I haven't exercised since Thursday ... I will try to play a little tennis today and see how it goes.

Have a good day everyone, I really enjoy this group and I find that reading your posts help to keep me on track.

thanks,

asta
Old 03-06-2002, 09:55 AM   #6  

Talking

Morning all!

I feel like doing cart wheels! My scale FINALLY went down! 3 pounds I feel so motivated again! My hard work is really starting to pay off. Little by little, step by step we can all do this! We just need to hang in there and know that there will be hard times along with the good.

I have an outfit hanging in my closet that is my first "goal outfit"
Size 37 inch waist levi's a black V-neck tea-shirt and a black belt. Right now I can't even get the jeans half way up my legs, so it will be a great day when I can wear them for the first time!

Mel, I use to chat all of the time. It is so addictive. I had a chat room I would go to every morning. There was about 10 of us that got really close. One day they closed down the room and I felt so lost! I haven't been able to find another chat room I like. Every time I try and chat now I run into a bunch of 15 year old perverts. I hope your kidney pain is going away. Drink lots and lots of water! And go to the Doctor if they start to hurt to bad ok. Worried about you.

Zoe, You are doing so awesome!! Don't worry about how long you are able to do the treadmill for right now. The main thing is that you are doing it! I am very proud of you! Also great job on doing the take home box!

Asta, I am glad you are starting to feel a little better Don't beat your self up over not exercising when you are sick. Your body is working hard enough as it is trying to fight off what ever it is that you have. Hope you go easy on the tennis today.

Well I better get some house work done! Talk to you all tomorrow. Have a WONDERFUL AND HEALTHY DAY EVERYONE!

feffyy

265/236/138( 98 pounds to goal )
Old 03-06-2002, 08:49 PM   #7  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Good Evening Y'all

Tomorrow is Thursday and then, it's almost Friday. Yeah! It's been one of those weeks and I am so looking forward to the weekend. Nothing planned but just want to be able to stay home. My job is VERY stressful since I deal with the government.....Medicare!!

Just wanted to stop in for a minute, on my way to my treadmill. Have a wonderful evening and I'll talk to you all tomorrow,

220/196/148
Old 03-06-2002, 11:30 PM   #8  
One day at a time.

Default I'm fine!

Hi, I just wanted y'all to know that I'm fine. I drank water all day, until I finally started feeling a little better. Now I just feel a little pressure on the right side, but nothing major! Thanks for being concerned, I'm alright! But since I hurt most of the day, I didn't walk, or do much of anything else for that matter. I'll make up for it! Good night ladies!

Mel
Old 03-07-2002, 09:20 AM   #9  
One day at a time.

Default Good morning

Hi,

I'm feeling much better this morning, now I have to get in some extra walking to make up for yesterday. Still seem to be retaining fluid, but it maybe from my kidney problem?

Zoe, how is your walking going? It's great that you're doing it, getting started is the hardest, and everyday you walk it gets easier! Bravo!!!

Feffyy, congrats on the 3 lbs. that's wonderful. Keep up the good work!

Asta, are you ready for your ski trip? How did tennis go yesterday, make sure you don't over do it. Don't want a relapse! Be healthy!

Lucky, how are things going? Are you going to aerobics just on Friday, have you ever done water aerobics?
I'm leaning more toward trying that, heard it's easier to move but you still get a good workout. My problem is my feet hurt so bad when I'm on them alot, I know it's my weight causing it, but it's hard to do anything with pain in your feet. My new shoes are helping, but I know it wont go away until I lose this weight! Also, I figure water exercise would be easier on my feet anyway.

I guess I'm gonna go get my day started with a walk! Y'all have a good day!

Mel
Old 03-07-2002, 11:42 AM   #10  

Morning ladies,

Not much to say today, having sort of a BLAH morning. I don't know why? I just feel a little depressed today. I feel allot of a anxiety and having a hard time concentrating. I think part of it is self pity about being overweight, and the other half is self pity about not getting a house yet. I am sure tomorrow will be a better day.

Mel, I am glad you are feeling better today. And Zoe, great job on doing your treadmill.

Talk to you all tomorrow.

feffyy

265/236/138( 98 pounds to goal)
Old 03-07-2002, 09:58 PM   #11  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Hello again

Wow, do I feel GREAT tonight!! I was so on track today, staying within my points (I am doing Weight Watcher's) and did my treadmill. Today, I had my lunch time all planned out and then I was asked to "go out". I paniced at first but then, thought some more about it.....she wanted to go to Teresa's, a home-style cooking place in Fort Worth and I NEVER do good there....always have their patty melt and fried ~ but today, I was EXCELLENT and so proud of myself. Had a turkey club (can you believe that they only put 2 deli-thin slices on it???? HA!), took the middle piece of bread out and had it dry (I put some jalapenos on it...yum). Oh, and no fries. The waitress said "it's the same price"....I said okay, I didn't care since it's not the money, it's the food. Ok, so I am bragging but I feel so great....

Did my treadmill tonight. Still only at 1 mile in 21 minutes but I am sure that I'll speed it up some each time.

feffy ~ cheer up girl.....this weight thing can really get us down. Just think, if you keep on plugging, by the end of the summer, how much do you think you can lose? I'd say at least 30 pounds. That would put you WAY DOWN.....cheer up, we want you to succeed. Where are you looking for a house?

Mel ~ glad you're feeling better. Did you take that walk??

Hi to all those who are MIA. Have a great evening....Tomorrow is FRIDAY!! YIPPEE!!

220/196/148
Old 03-08-2002, 12:28 AM   #12  
One day at a time.

Angry

Hi everyone,

I'm doing fine, even though I went a little over board on my calories today. I still made some ok choices, not just a bunch of junk, so I'm still on track. Just a little tired, I think from the kidney probs. yesterday, I guess it's taking a toll on me. I did get up today and start on plenty of water again, and it's really helping.
I did get on the treadmill, but didn't make the whole mile tonight. I'm gonna have to really concentrate on getting more walking in, some how. I went out side this evening and played with our puppies for a long time(they're 11 weeks old ), and that made me feel better. The fresh air was nice, and the temp. was perfect!
I finally got rid of the fluid, I've been retaining water all week, and maybe that'll help give me some more energy!

Zoe, great job at lunch, sounds like you're doing wonderful! Listening to you has already made me feel a little better. Just a little down because of all the problems I keep encountering, I want to lose this weight and I'm tired of failing at it!

Feffyy, keep going girl! Look at what you've lost already, you are doing it, and with y'alls help, I will to!

Take care, Mel
Old 03-08-2002, 09:00 AM   #13  

Have a good healthy week everyone!

I probably will not have internet access while we are skiing, but I'll be back to the computer next weekend.

asta
Old 03-08-2002, 09:14 AM   #14  
One day at a time.

Default Good morning!

Hello again,

I already walked this morning, and I'm bound and determined that I'm really gonna increase my exercise today. And I wish I had the will power to stay off the scales, yes I am discouraged, my scales show a gain today. I hope it's just the fluid, I know I had too much sodium again yesterday. What can I say, I love the stuff more than sweets! Probably cause of that Cajun blood running through my veins. So, today I vow to walk more and drink even more water! The water is the one that gets me, I can't stand the taste!

Asta have a great weekend Skiing!

Feffyy, you're doing great.

Zoe, TGIF and you've done great! I like the to go box Idea!

Lucky, wish I was going to aerobics with you, but I did buy some Tae-Bo videos! I'll just have to see if I can do it?

Y'all have a good weekend!

Mel
Old 03-08-2002, 08:28 PM   #15  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Hello there ~ Whew! I made it to Friday. I didn't do the treadmill tonight, I'm going to do my kickboxing tape tomorrow morning (when I get home from my dr appt)

Mel ~ Let's talk "scale obsession"......I decided on this try, I wasn't going to weigh in, other than day 1 (which was Monday), for at least 2 weeks. I wish I could go a month but that's asking alot. I haven't gotten on it yet and it's been 5 days. That, for me, is a miracle. Obsessed? How about getting on it 5 times before dressing in the morning, like it was going to change. Am I expecting it to go down 10 pounds in the few minutes it took for me to hop on and then hop on again?? Anyway, I understand scale obsession and I am trying to conquer that this time. I think that if we stay away from it, when we DO get on, it will show a difference that will make us smile....(did I ramble?? sorry)

feffyy ~ how you feelin' today? Better?

asta, lucky, hope you're having a great evening. Here's to an OP and productive weekend.

Zoe ~ Soaking up the "SON" in TExas
220/196148
Closed Thread