3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   no periods anymore ! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/147053-no-periods-anymore.html)

kaytlin90 07-22-2008 07:05 PM

no periods anymore !

is it normal for my periods to have stopped since I started exercising and dieting ? It's now been two months since I last had a period.

Iianae 07-22-2008 07:12 PM

I was kinda wondering that myself. I completely changed my diet, lifestyle and physical activity on May 3rd and I got my June period but my July now is late and I am never late...

Epica 07-22-2008 07:36 PM

It may happen yes, but anyway you should see your doctor

ddc 07-22-2008 07:44 PM

kaytlin, you need more fat. I read your other thread before finding this one.
Your sex hormones-estrogen,progesterone.etc. are made in your body from fat and cholesterol. Go to the library and get a good book on nutrition, please.

kaytlin90 07-22-2008 07:49 PM

Well sometimes I'll be eating more than 20g of fat a day so I think it is alright. It catches up on other days where I'm eating less fat no ? im overweight so why cant they just take the fat off of my body to build those hormones ?

fiberlover 07-22-2008 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaytlin90 (Post 2281773)
Well sometimes I'll be eating more than 20g of fat a day so I think it is alright. It catches up on other days where I'm eating less fat no ? im overweight so why cant they just take the fat off of my body to build those hormones ?

How much fat are you eating? 20 grams isn't really all that much. What percentage of your daily calories is fat?

kaytlin90 07-22-2008 08:17 PM

today it was 16,9 % calories from fat. 13,7% protein and 66,9 carbohydrates.

mandalinn82 07-22-2008 08:26 PM

Anytime you stop having periods consistently, a visit to the doctor can't hurt. While it could be the change in your diet and exercise coming as a "shock" to your system, it could also be something more serious. A doctor should be able to tell you for sure.

SoulBliss 07-22-2008 08:30 PM

Please see a doctor.

JayEll 07-22-2008 09:34 PM

If you are exercising too much, and also keeping your food intake too low, your body will stop having periods. This sometimes happens to women athletes. But, it's not a normal thing--and it's not a good way to lose weight. I'd check with your doctor, and tell him or her how much you're eating and exercising. You might be overdoing it.

Good luck!
Jay

murphmitch 07-22-2008 09:43 PM

When I was on a very low fat, low cal diet years ago, I quit having periods for 11 months. Did see my Dr. for it though. It definitely was not a healthy diet. I agree that it may be due to the low fat diet. Best to check with your Dr.

djs06 07-22-2008 09:53 PM

I agree, you should check with a doc. My cycle is also really sensitive to changes, especially in exercise. It's a mystery to me.

KateRN 07-23-2008 05:12 PM

it can happen, absolutely. check a preg. test too! lol

Jonsgurl0531 07-24-2008 12:05 AM

I would check with your doctor. When I started losing weight I didnt have my period for 6 MONTHS.. I wasn't crazy dieting either and only exercising 3 to 4 times a week an hour a day..
So I went to my doctor about 3 months in and they did every check they could.. Everything was fine..so at first they said it was because I was over weight..and when I mentioned I was dieting and losing weight.. he said that it was that.. Yah smart docs.

I was on Atkins at the time so it wasn't the fat.. I know I was eating quite abit of it. lol

I have my period every month now and I am on south beach and exercise 6 days a week for 2 hours a day.. So I guess my body just balanced itself out.

sh3l5 07-24-2008 01:07 PM

mine have lightened and shortened a little bit....
im more predictable than i used to be due to my pill....
but they are definately lighter....