Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-20-2008, 06:08 PM   #1  
EmJ Taylor

S/C/G: 214/209/125

Height: five foot 3

Default I am 21 and new here...looking for weight loss buddies!

Hey everyone, I am a singer / actress from the uk and being in this business is tough and I am really overweight right now. I am about 220lbs and my goal is 125lbs.

I am finding it REALLY hard to motivate myself and I definitely overeat and comfort eat to try dampen depression and negative feelings.
I realise that to really lose weight it has to be a change in lifestyle, not a quick fix.

Anyone else around this weight wanting to get to a similar goal?
Would love to get to know more people on here for support!
It is late in the uk so I am starting tomorrow, and REALLY need to keep motivated.

What sort of things keep you all motivated?
What makes you stop binging, etc?

Am feeling really down and depressed about my weight as I know I could look so beautiful and so much better if I get to my goal.
Looking for weightloss buddies on here, hope to hear from some of you!

Much love to all!
EMJ
emjtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 06:35 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 255/231/151

Height: 5'2

Hi there!
I am new too, I am also 21 years old. My current weight is 250, eventually hope to be 125- but for now my goal is 150.

It must be really difficult with the ups & downs of showbiz.

I am doing LA weight loss and honestly the accountability factor of having to go get weighed every 2 days is really helping. I am down 5lbs this week

My DH is doing this with me and thats also a huge motivator.
Having a child so young- and me so unhealthy- I need/want to be there for her in the many years to come, and I need to be healthy to do that.

Binging- I drink water (usually flavoured packets in it) on my way to work, on my way home. since there is no food in the car- it allows me to get the full feeling before I get home- and then Im not so crazy to eat everything in sight.

The worst for me is picking. I pick at everything- especially since I work with kids. I hate seeing food to waste so I usually picked... BAD habit- and really hard to break.

Good luck with your WL
Jess
jesskahle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 07:08 PM   #3  

Just wanted to welcome you to 3FC!
SunshineCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 12:50 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/120

Height: 5'2

I am about 5 2' and was 230 when I started losing weight .I did have some bumps in the road but I just jumped back on the bandwagon...The thing about me is that I HATED losing weight I had already lost. That made me want to work out more.

You really need to find the reason why you want to lose the weight and keep it in your head.. when you want to eat bad remember it. When you are too tired to exercise remember it and exercise anyway.

Don't be down on yourself.. you won't lose weight by beating yourself up. You are worth it and you need to tell yourself that. You need to love yourself no matter how much you weigh.Inspire yourself.

Currently my motivation is my hubby. He is off fighting in Iraq so I am home fighting my flab! I am hoping to lose the rest before he comes home.

Anyhoo good luck you can do it! And welcome
Jonsgurl0531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 01:53 AM   #5  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

welcome im 24....
it is achievable....
u just gotta want it bad enuf to stay determined to get it....
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 02:13 AM   #6  
Losing weight - Toning up

S/C/G: 159/128/120

Height: 5'7"

hello ^^ I'm also 21 and welcome to this forum. Btw, you should check 20-something, there's lots of people there around that age ^^
Annita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 02:37 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Welcome and good luck.
stuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 01:19 PM   #8  
EmJ Taylor

S/C/G: 214/209/125

Height: five foot 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonsgurl0531 View Post
I am about 5 2' and was 230 when I started losing weight .I did have some bumps in the road but I just jumped back on the bandwagon...The thing about me is that I HATED losing weight I had already lost. That made me want to work out more.

You really need to find the reason why you want to lose the weight and keep it in your head.. when you want to eat bad remember it. When you are too tired to exercise remember it and exercise anyway.

Don't be down on yourself.. you won't lose weight by beating yourself up. You are worth it and you need to tell yourself that. You need to love yourself no matter how much you weigh.Inspire yourself.

Currently my motivation is my hubby. He is off fighting in Iraq so I am home fighting my flab! I am hoping to lose the rest before he comes home.

Anyhoo good luck you can do it! And welcome
well done on losing all that weight hun!! x
emjtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote