Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2002, 10:48 AM   #1  
motivational guru wannabe

S/C/G: 205/205/185 by spring

Height: 5'4"

Thumbs down Back to the Beach

Hey all you people out there trying to get fit and trim. This group is full of people who are trying to envision life in a healthier, happier...and yes, THINNER body! Our original motivator was wanting to look better for life on the beach...but...we are all learning that it takes time and hard work...and kicking those DIETING BLUES in the tushy!!! Read along and jump in!!! We welcome anyone who feels that getting the support you need will make a difference!

Boating Mommy
Old 03-25-2002, 11:06 AM   #2  

Default Let me know you found us!

Happy Monday!!! Is that an oxymoron? I'm not sure...but I am in a positive mood and I'm gonna go with it.

Canoes and Angel, and everyone else, way to go with the losses last week! The hard work is paying off! Feels good, doesn't it. Those 10 pound markers are an especially big highpoint....now you are in the double digits. Grace, hope that computer of yours hangs in there with us. Wisconsin, Trace, can't wait to hear what you've been up too. Hope the vacation time does you good!

Here comes Easter. Gather up your strength and PLAN AHEAD!!! I know I am scared about the food that will be around next weekend. Those damn Peeps alone are enough to make me jump right off the diet wagon! I AM NOT GOING TO GAIN WEIGHT THIS WEEKEND!!! I need to keep saying that over and over in my head. (If all the other voices in my head would just shut up! )

Well, let's talk about the next challenge...I am gonna work on a Mother's Day challenge. Whoever is up for the challenge should start by weighing in this Saturday, March 30. I will start posting the losses next week on April 6. There are six weeks from March 30 till May 11, the day before Mother's Day. So...pick your total pounds that you are challenging yourself to lose and let me know. I am gonna go for 10 pounds. That would take me from the 173 I am now to 163. Hope I haven't set my goals too high, but I am going to try my best.

Well, hope all of you make the move and post soon!

Boating
Old 03-25-2002, 12:16 PM   #3  

Default I found you !

Let's keep this thread going! I was feeling down a few weeks ago but I'm back! What choice do I have but to keep going? My other choice is quitting and there is NO pleasure in that! Every week I'm closer to my goal. Some weeks no weight loss but I'll keep going and the following week I see it paid off! I'm almost tempted to throw out my scale to be totally honest. We look at those numbers and if they dont move we feel sad. But I physically feel soooo much better! I've lost 16 inches so far, 5 inches alone from my waist > These are the things I need to remember when I work my butt off all week and dont cheat but yet see like 1/2 lb weightloss. There was a week when I had no weight loss but when I measured myself I had lost a few inches! So it's coming off!lol

Gen
Old 03-25-2002, 12:58 PM   #4  

Hi! I love all the chat about planning for next weekend. It'll be here before we know it and the more planning we do, the better we will succeed! In my planning for next weekend, I'm trying to plan either a long walk or a bike ride. If it's a beautiful day (and even if it's not), it'll be nice to be outside looking for signs of spring!
I'd like to be a part of the Mother's Day challenge! Here are my stats: 250/161/155. I'd LOVE to be at my goal for Mother's Day! What better gift could I give my family?? It's only 6 pounds, but it's taken me almost 4 months to loose the last 7! And I know with the support of this thread, I can do it!
Have a great day, everyone!
Old 03-26-2002, 09:30 AM   #5  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Wink hmm....a mothers day challenge.....

Hi. What a great idea!! And since being a mother has only added (poundage wise too....) to my life, I would love to lose a little bit more!! What day in May is Mothers day?...is it the 13th? Gosh...what a good mom I am?.. lol Forget about the date, and just give me the presents!!!...haha Seriously, I would like to pledge that I will lose 8lbs. My body is doing one of those .....lose a pound a week things lately. Not sure how many of you know...(as I was telling anyone who would listen....).but so far it has taken me 9 wks to lose 10 lbs with ww's. My body is just going to take its own sweet time to lose weight, no wonder actually with all the diets I have been on in the past. No metabolism levels right now. So there you have....its just me...I'M UNIQUE!! So 8 lbs is what I pledge from now to then. ITS A GOOD THING!!
Old 03-26-2002, 09:48 AM   #6  

Angle-eyes--you can do it! Remember, you didn't put it on over night, so (big sigh here...) you just have to be patient. And besides, once you loose it, you'll never see it again! Just think where you'd be if you hadn't been doing ww for the past few weeks! You're making progress and have faith that you can do it!
Have a great day!
Old 03-26-2002, 06:19 PM   #7  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Talking WHEREDJAGO?

ARE YOU GUYS TRYING TO DITCH ME?
Old 03-26-2002, 09:29 PM   #8  

Default The Race is ON!!!!

Howdy!!!!

Hey EZ, wouldn't try to lose you. You're the only man brave enough to jump in with this bunch of women. How's the excercisng going? Getting your money's worth out of the new excercise , I hope. Maybe our name should be Beach Bound Bikini Babes and One Buff Dude! Tee Hee! So long as your goal isn't to get into a new Speedo bikini...I don't care what kind of a guy you are....I don't like those things!

Hey Tryn, what did you do to loose the weight? Good for you, that's quite a good amount of weight!!! And it's gone....YIPPEE!!!
Glad you are along for the ride!

Angel, I know what you mean about the kids and the weight. But, I guess I wouldn't get mother of the year if I kept yelling at three and a half yr old, "YOU DID THIS TO ME!!!" Well, her...and the late night pizzas, nachos, six packs...etc.

Well, I went and had a MRI last week. I have been having very weird and sometimes intense sciatic pains shooting down my left leg. I found that I have a bulging disc. I went to the physical therapist yesterday for the first time. Guess what she told me...I need to loose my gut to strengthen my back. I wanted to slap her and say "DUH!?@#!!?" But, she really listened to me, and I told her about the excercise tapes I have been doing. She gave me some extra excercizes that strengthen only the lower abs. BOY, am I feeling it today!!! I coughed earlier and almost peed my pants!!! Ouch!!! Oh well, that is my area that needs the most work, and now I know exactly what to do to fix it.

Well, I have got to go watch "Barbie's The Nutcracker". Good night to all.

Boating Mommy
Old 03-27-2002, 07:48 AM   #9  

Boating Mommy--you make me laugh (but not hard enough to pee my pants!!)
Thanks for the encouragement. I've been "doing it my own way" since 1/1/01--low fat, high fiber, walking 2 miles every day. I have a very supportive dh and I've just settled into a new way of life and eating. I pretty much eat the same thing each day--kashi for breakfast, lite sandwich and fruit at lunch and a sensible dinner. I try to limit my calories to under 1400, but I do admit that on Fridays, I eat (and drink) whatever I want. I don't go overboard, but I do allow myself pizza or something. I lost a lot on WW a couple of years ago, but once I stopped going to meetings, it all came back. I also made an effort this time, to do what I need to do. For example, when I was on WW, I ate a yogurt and rice cakes for lunch--that lasted about 2 seconds. This time, I realized that I really like to have a sandwich with some protein for lunch, so I eat the lite bread and fat free cheese. It works for me and that has been the key. In the past, I was so much into doing what the "program" said I should be doing, regardless if it worked for me or not.
Well, back to work--hope you all have a great day!
Old 03-27-2002, 09:10 PM   #10  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Smile

Hey everyone- Way to go Try'n, I am kinda with you on the diet-- I think we know what we are supposed to eat from all the BOOKS and MAGAZINE articles!!! I know some of us need rules and direction, logs etc. and others can discipline themselves-- Me? can't do either worth a darn [for very long anyway]
Hey Boating can't wait to get a look at those new 6-pack abs!!! As far as me in Speedos---AIN'T EVER GONNA HAPPEN!!!! so you can feel relieved.
Did the 400 mile round trip- 7and a half hour drive round trip to watch my daughters tennis team play-- only 2 wins out of them but it was fun--and my daughter didn't even play today!!! It was great though taking her up [she was home for a few days after her semester finals] and brought her back for Easter, although she has to head back after church on Sunday and start again.
Well the wife just called me for dinner- fritatas-- goody.
Later you hard working gals!!! Gary
Old 03-28-2002, 10:25 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 249/243/150

Height: 5'3"

Default Mother's Day Challenge

Hi everyone! I'm back after a week of rest and relaxation. It was delightful, and now I'm totally destressed and ready to jump back into the game. It was so wonderful to commune with nature, get away from the trappings of civilization. But a week is more than enough, Thank you very much. There's a reason all this stuff was invented!
Ready for the Mother's Day challenge. I'm having a hard time deciding how many pounds to pledge. I guess I'll go with 12#. That should be pretty modest, since I'm just starting up again. I'll weigh in today at work.
Speaking of work, I had better get ready. Nice to be back. Will finish catching up with the past week later today.
Old 03-28-2002, 02:25 PM   #12  

Unhappy Rain, Rain, GO AWAY!!!

Hello Everybody!! Just came in from work visits, and it is raining cats and dogs! Yuck! I look like a drowned rat. You know, I'm really not a rodent lover....maybe I look more like a drowned cockapoo...or a soggy Persian cat...or...well you guys get the picture.

Wisconsin, glad you hear you had a rejuvinating (spell?) trip. A change of scenery always does me good. But, like you, it's nice to go back to the familiar, too. I put you down for the challenge. Actually 12 pounds is extremely ambitious. Good luck! We're rooting for you!

Tryn, I am doing the same "program"...the NO Program. I have been just changing the foods that I eat, and excercising. I can't seem to stick to a program, and when I do, the first time I go back to eating regular food....ZAP!!! 10 pounds back on like that! So, I figure I have to make changes that once I get to goal weight I can still do. Modest breakfast and lunch, and eating the normal foods that I cook for my family at dinner time, just less of them...no second helpings for me, please. It's working, so I am going to stick with it. Hey, what's kashi?...I don't think I've ever heard of it.

EZ, you doing a big family thing with the kids for Easter? We are about ready for the bunny. My little one is semi excited. I think she is more excited about spending the day with her cousins, than getting any goodies. That's what it's all about...faith and family.

Well, I hope to hear from some of you that have apparently been busy....Hope you are all doing well. Write soon! (and you know who you are!!!)

Hugs!!!!
Boating
Old 03-28-2002, 08:43 PM   #13  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Wink

Hey Boating-- I remember those days with my kids and their cousins-- they were great!! My brand new 21yr. old son his sister and step-sister are all getting baskets of very little candy and some cologne and lotions.
My wife and I will probably be spending the day/dinner just the two of us [ after church that is ] My son and his buddies are flying to Las Vegas to celebrate turning 21 Sun. afternoon-- my daughter heads back to school in the afternoon and my step-D is in Ireland for another week. That will be o.k. though cause I will be pretty tired-- Sunday morn. I have to be at church at 4:30am to get the coffee, juice, water etc going for our pancake breakfast after 6am sunrise service--then I have to be around until everyone has eaten--we have 3 services Easter-- and clean up. Should be home around 1:00pm --BEAT-UP-- but loving every minute of it!! Hopefully we will have alot of new people who want to learn what Jesus has done for our salvation.
Wisconsin- glad you are all destressed and ready to go--What a great spring lies ahead for you. God bless you all--Gary
Old 03-29-2002, 03:59 PM   #14  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Wink Hello everyone!!

Hi Everyone. Boating.....Kashi cereal is a high fibre cereal that has different types. Good Friends, Kashi and Kashi whole grain...(I believe those are the names) I've tried 2 of them and to tell you the truth they are not that tasty. Rather tastes like eating twigs and dry leaves. A cereal that is high in fibre is "Fibre One" by General Mills, a little bright yellow box. It packs a punch with 14g fibre...so a lil'dab will do ya. I usually just add some to my regular cereal everyday....ww's pt are 0pts for 1/2 cup. Again...not the best if just eaten by itself, but really better than the Kashi ones. (IMHO)

EZ.....Enjoy your weekend and your Easter Celebration. God bless you for getting up at the crack of dawn to get the breakfast rolling. I wish I was there to partake in the meal. Happy Easter.

Wisconsinwoman....welcome back!! Everyone needs a de-stressing and some r&r.....come to think of it, a massage would do me wonders!

My In-laws are coming here for Easter and then on Monday, we drive the 5 hrs to the coast of Georgia. I hope I can last that long with 2 boys driving each other and me crazy for the trip!!! What have I got myself into?...lol Should be nice in Georgia, we'll be able to walk to the beach everyday and I have visions of reading a book under a sunumbrella. (NOT!!!) but I'll sure try.
Old 03-30-2002, 10:57 AM   #15  

Smile Doing the Happy Dance ! Weigh in today!!!

Well last week I only had a 0.5 loss. So on last weigh in I added a little more fat to my diet and didnt exercised for two days straight. I started again with lowfat intake (no more than 20grams a day) And did my exrcises(lots of walking) and I recently added 2 Tae Bo work outs a week . Drum roll please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Today's weigh in showedd 4.5 lbs loss!

I am doing the happy dance for this week for sure! I am in a very positive mood that I will see 135 lbs sometime in July !

last week's weigh in 3/23/02 175.5 Lbs
This week weigh in 3/31/02 171 Lbs !

Gen
Closed Thread