Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2002, 01:32 PM   #16  
You and Me in 2003

Hello all
Duckie congrats on the 4 lb. loss. I am stuck at 207 for about a month now.

Not much going on around here now its 75 degrees and pretty.
My son cut the yard this weekend.

well news is short better go.

The new outfit sounds very pretty
Old 03-25-2002, 08:51 PM   #17  

Kat What did you think of Gweneth Paltrow's dress!!!! In my opinion, it is worse than Tina's outfits. WHAT was she thinking.

Big congrats to you, Susie.

Duck congrats to you too.

My brother got a computer and his kids are forever messing it up....so, Me to the rescue....Later.
Old 03-25-2002, 11:08 PM   #18  

Default Just wondering

I don't understand Do you all post on one thread? I've been on the 3FC but it didn't seem like anyone was posting. Then I saw this thread and finally found it. Hope somebody can help me I've just started RS and would like to join your group, thanks NancyKs
Old 03-25-2002, 11:19 PM   #19  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone

Hi! Life has been super busy again, but we had a great visit with our friend and I'm getting ready for my MIL's visit next week.

I won't even pretend to have kept to a semblance of my program last week, but today has been a new day. It really does feel better being OP than off. Why is it so easy to slip? Anyway... DH is home this evening, and being here means I'm not spending time with him. I'll be back tomorrow.

Andria
Old 03-26-2002, 01:05 AM   #20  
Dancing those pounds away

Angry

I don't know who to respond to first.... I want to say sooo much.
I guess I will start with a BIG WELCOME to Nancy !!!
We would love to have you join our group.
Many of us work out with dear ole Richard.
We are an ongoing group that post here regularly... but many of us post in other groups too.

Susie..... I cannot tell you how PROUD of you I am.
You are a true example of success. You keep on keeping on.
I remember when you had only lost 11 lbs... and now you are almost touching 50 !!!!! You put me to shame. I just want to sit here and cry for you in happiness.... and for me in shame.

Andria... you are such a good role model too.
You make time for your hubby. You make time for your walking too.
You may not be perfect... but you are darn good.

Luckylady... I HATED Gwenths dress too. Oh my goodness.. it made her look so sloppy and just plain crappy. Isn't it amazing how you can have any dress you want... and a skinny body to put it on... and then to pick THAT DRESS !!!!!

Mary.. we had to mow here this weekend too. But today it was a high of 33 and it is going to get even colder tonight. It is a typical March... crazy weather. LOL. Did you hear about all the snow in Nebraska??

Michelle.... good to see you again. I hope you make the time to get back to your walking. It is dangerous to stay away too long.

Kat... I think Moulin Rouge needs to be seen on a big screen with surround sound. It had to grow on me. It is more like watching a play. It was hard for me to get into for the first 30 minutes... but I kept an open mind.. and really enjoyed it by the time it was done. A love story.
I have not seen Monsters Ball.
I did see Training Day... and I walked out of it. Although I think Denzel Washington is an excellent actor... I did NOT like that movie. It was 2 hours of witnessing the "worst" of human kind. I want to be entertained... not depressed. Not a sad depressed... a disgusted depressed. It was such a "negative" movie. I HATED IT !!!! But Denzel is a great actor...IMHO. (in my humble opinion)
And yes... Russell Crowe is a man's man. The rugged type. And I think he is an excellent actor too. I definitely thought he deserved best actor last year.... but I don't know if i think he deserved it this year. My daughter really liked A Beautiful Mind... and I did too.. but not as much as her. I want to see it again.... I am sure I missed a lot ... now that I know what to look for.

Tina... Your new WI (not wisconsin) will only effect one weigh in. You will be happy with your new choice.

Duckie... my DH loves to fish. He used to love to hunt too... but the older he gets... the less he likes it. Gaining a bunch of weight had a lot to do with it too. We like crappie best. (Pronounced crop-pee) for those non fishing people.

Thin.... my girls are both back in school now. I really enjoyed this last week with my oldest. I don't get to see much of my younger one.... she has a boyfriend...need I say more. LOL

Malia... I know what you mean about this thread being busy... I am having a hard time catching up. I watched most of E too.

Jen... I hope your days are still going good. I am behind you, cheering you on.

Okay... I hope I got everyone.
As long as it took me to write this.... probably 5-6 more have written.
If you did... I am sorry I missed you... but I have got to get off of here.
Keep up the good work. Hang on to your program....
IT IS IMPORTANT to hang on to your program.
Old 03-26-2002, 01:58 AM   #21  

Hi everyone,

Welcome Nancy! I'm a RS person too. Love his tapes and foodmover program.

Loved E! yesterday. I watched some of the Oscars. I saw Halle Berry bawling. I got to do most of what I planned yesterday. Colored my hair, soaked my hands and polished. Washed the dog instead of the facial. And sewed Easter tablecloths and a small table skirt (how fifties of me). It covers my little storage area. I bought a lovely pot of lilac colored chrysanthemums for Easter.

I must come clean. I totally binged today. It was the most miserable day so far. Very hot humid weather. I'm on hold again with the new job (they're giving her another week, also, job shadowing). I slept in instead of exercising this morning. I felt out of sorts and sluggy all day. I did exercise after work. Managed to burn 1/5 of my dinner. I hope I'm OP tomorrow. Scratch that I will be OP tomorrow.

I'll turn in. Have a wonderful Tuesday.
Malia
Old 03-26-2002, 02:06 AM   #22  

P.S. you're right. I went to People.com website. Gweneth Paltrow's gown was ghastly. She forgot her shirt. A jennifer lopez wanna be.

yikes!
Old 03-26-2002, 04:06 AM   #23  
Falling, but fighting...

Default 2Cute is my shero!

It is far to early to respond to everyone, but I just have to say to 2Cute: Girlfriend, you are my shero! You continue to fight the fat fight everyday. You come to this site everyday and post the most inspiring things, despite your many personal challenges. We love you for it, as you are the glue that keeps us together. I am not perfect, far from it. I screw up a lot! Why should you feel shame? You are human. You are my inspiration. And I love you for always being so upbeat and positive. I wish I could be like you!!!!!!! We are in this together.....

On that note, I screwed up big time yesterday. The stress was unbelievable, and I ate and ate and ate....... I think I popped about 6 mini chocolate donuts in my mouth, in addition to poptarts, pizza, and chocolate. I screwed up bad!

I forgot to mention, that my gynecologist gave me a prescription for Xenical. I have been on it for about 2 days and can't say for sure if it is going to make any type of difference, but I will try it. Anyone here on it?

Bye.
Old 03-26-2002, 02:22 PM   #24  
a work in progress...

Howdy!

It's so gray and drizzly and cold today...where the heck did Spring go? I'm going to make "Vegetarian Lasagna" for dinner tonight...something warm and cheesy should hit the spot today!

I tried to post this morning, but could NOT keep my eyes open! I wanted to agree with everyone about Gwynyth's hideous outfit!! And that makeup! Yecch! Who doesn't love to watch and review the outfits?!? So much fun! What about the hairdos on some of these people? Yikes! Starting with Tom Cruise? I really hate the contrived, "I'm so cool, I'm wearing this messy, I don't give a sh*t look, although it took the stylist 2 hours to get that zigzag part just right!"

Welcome, Nancy!

Welcome back, Andria, Susie, Michelle! Great to hear from you guys!

Congrats to all you LOSERS this week! I'm not weighing in @ WW anymore, since starting "Curves," they do a weigh in/ tape measure check, body fat analysis once a month...only three weeks to go for that! I think after a week, I'm feeling a little tightening happening...I try not to be TOO optimistic, that's when I usually go nuts congratulating myself and eat everything in sight! Nobody ever said I wasn't !

I want to respond to each of you, but the brain is still a little fuzzy and I need to feed the bod before the kids get home from school AND before it gets TOO hungry and I consume everything in my path! I'll try to check in later...

Adios!

Old 03-26-2002, 02:35 PM   #25  
Progress..not perfection

Talking Monday Weigh In @ WW

Oh my gosh...................I don't believe it! I really don't believe it!

You know, I had mentioned on an earlier post that I wasn't sure how this week at WI would go because since I was changing days that it would short me a day, plus me having my TOM................I wasn't really expecting a good day on the scale. Although I would like to mention when I told DH this, my sweetie said, "What is it you are always telling me? That you do not want the scale to be the be-all, end-all of your weight loss efforts? You drunk your water, ate within your points and exercised as much as you could. No matter what the scale says, you are doing it!" I love him sooooo much for saying that! He has been here more than anyone with me, and has seen all my success and failures and yet he still believes in me. Anyways...............not to get off the subject.

My WI (not Wisconsin).................I lost 6.5 pounds! I just had to keep shaking my head. I kept asking, "Are you sure?!!!" Of course my leader also started asking me if I was eating all my points and all that stuff. I also met my 10% weight loss goal and got this really nifty WW keychain. It is very nice. And one of the best things about going on Mondays is I have several people that I used to go to church with that go that day too. I didn't know anyone on Tuesday nights except for my friend that has decided to stop going and I was a little aprehensive about starting on a new night. Even though I didn't really know anyone on Tuesdays, I was used to the faces. But now it is even better, because I have several people I can sit with and somehow that makes it better.

I have worked so hard for this and still have so far to go. But I really am happy. And I certainly hope you guys don't think that I'm bragging...............I just NEED to share my victories and my failures with you! After I left the meeting, I came home and got the boys and we went to the store and my oldest ran into one of his old friends that used to live in the neighborhood and the first words out of his mouth were, "Hey........guess what? My Mom has lost 36.5 pounds! She's wasting away!" That made me feel so good that even though I know he'd love me no matter what size I am, that he is proud of me and my efforts. Almost cried right there in Bi Lo.

Anyways, just needed to share with you for a moment. I have to leave now and go pick up the boys at school and then tonight my Mom (and please Lord, no more outfits) is coming over and we are cleaning the carpet in my living room because I'm getting new furniture on Thursday. I will try my best to stop back in later on this evening though.

Love to all and I hope your doing well!
Old 03-26-2002, 02:39 PM   #26  

Good Afternoon

Just a quick note to say hi and been OP and feeling great.

I found a few cool site's from some other post's I've seen,
Calorieking.com, it's like Fitday, totally free and you can record your daily food, not as detailed as fit day, but it's faster and I think it's kind of cool.
Jorgecreuise.com He wrote the book 8 Minutes in the Morning been on Ophra, it's a excercise and diet program, he has some pretty good idea's, I'm definetly going to get the book and look more into it, sounds fun and easy.

Hope every one's having a grrrrreat day, here's a funny for ya

Why are married women heavier than single women:
Single women come home, see what's in the fridge and go to bed. Married women come home, see what's in bed and go to the fridge.
Old 03-26-2002, 05:20 PM   #27  
Progress..not perfection

Default Get ready gals!

Well, my Mom has finally done it......She had brought me the ugliest outfit I have ever seen. I can honestly say I don't think I have ever seen anything uglier. But I'll let you decide..................I have a picture. What do you think?

```````` ```````` ````````

Old 03-26-2002, 09:54 PM   #28  

CONGRATULATIONS TINA! WEIGH TO GO!
Old 03-26-2002, 10:04 PM   #29  

W W Wish I had an ounce of your motivation, Tina. It's really slow this time around. I know it's me. How can I lose when I eat a little here, a little there.

I feel much better today. Yesterday I was down in the dumps. I figured out why. This morning, pre-work, I dropped a box of tampons and thought why don't you come? Lo and behold, I showed. Yippee. I was afraid because of the mega exercise it wouldn't come. Whew. An extra week of PMS and choco cravings is killing me. Binge, binge, binge.

Keep on moving,
Malia
Old 03-27-2002, 03:45 AM   #30  
Dancing those pounds away

Smile Way to go QueenB !!!!!

Wow... what a great weigh in Tina.... WAY TO GO !!!!
I think WW is definitely the right plan for you.
I am jealous of that super husband of yours too.
He is a definite keeper.

This thread is getting mighty close to 30 so I am going to start the new thread.
Most of you know the routine... do not post here, instead go to #148.
For newcomers... we start a new ongoing thread after 28-30 posts. This keeps it from taking all day to download our site. so come join us in the next chapter of 300+ and ready to try again... #148.
See you all there.
Closed Thread