Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-16-2008, 03:53 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 272/240/140

Height: 5'8"

Default Has Anyone Else Found This?

A year and a half ago, when I weighed 220 pounds, I noticed that it was becoming hard to see the board at school (in a big lecture hall, but still). I got very low perscription classes that clarified the writing, which had become blurry.

Yesterday, being down below the 30 pounds lost mark, I put on my glasses in class, and noticed things didn't seem to be any sharper. I tried looking at various things around the room and outside with glasses on and off, and I think my vision is now 20/20 again.

Is this a typical side-effect of weight loss? Either way, I'm pretty thrilled. I didn't much like the way the glasses looked on my face.
vikkivma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 04:35 PM   #2  
On my way to a better ME!

S/C/G: 250/ticker/135

The same exact thing happened with me only not in class, just like street signs while driving. My eye Dr. told me he's never seen anyone's eyes improve before. Although, my eyes seem like their wanting to go back to seeing blurry again...I'm not so sure this is just how the progression of bad vision starts? Who knows?!
Rocker Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 04:42 PM   #3  
ddc
getting back to 140

S/C/G: 155/154.2/140

Height: 5'7"

I work with a guy who went to the eye doctor because his eyes were getting more blurry and he was told he was pre-diabetic (he is overweight). So, I'm wondering if when you were at a higher weight and "possibly" pre-diabetic, the blurry vision could be from elevated glucose levels. Now that you've lost weight maybe you're glucose levels are more normal and your eyes are better

Just a theory-take it for what it's worth-LOL!!
ddc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 05:16 PM   #4  
~Don't Postpone Joy~

S/C/G: 241.8/228/199.0

Quote:
So, I'm wondering if when you were at a higher weight and "possibly" pre-diabetic,
I was thinking the same thing... I'm diabetic and know when my blood sugar is high just by my eyesight... You may want to check it out with doctor. There is a simple blood test called Hemoglobin AIC that gives your average blood sugar over 3 months... Again, just a theory...
Sweetcaroline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 08:40 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

My eyes haven't got any better! Rats!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 08:45 PM   #6  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

My eyes have gotten worse. But I believe that's because I'm, ahem, ummm - older.

I never had a problem with distance though. My vision problems are now with reading, definitely an age thing. Oh well.

Whatever the reason, glad you're seeing better!
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote