Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-19-2008, 08:54 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 225/158/135

Height: 5'5

Gratz on Onederland!!! I remember when I hit it I think I danced a little. What a great feeling!

And then the panic attack heh. 40 more pounds and I'm still having them ... but I think it will all even out. Someone said that we all can't be supermodels, but it will be OK. Looking and being healthy and fit is the best goal.

It's good to keep pics of yourself around to keep reminding you of how much better you look and feel.
ginny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 07:31 PM   #17  

Congrats on making to 1derland!!
SunshineCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 09:43 AM   #18  
Cynicism and Smilies

S/C/G: 245/237/145

Quote:
I think it is hard to come up with a goal weight since numbers are just numbers and we won't really know what we look like til we get there. You may be very happy with your body before you reach that goal you've set. It's okay to change goals! Also if you do choose to lose all the way down to 140 and you think you are too skinny, you can add a few pounds back on. But I'll bet you won't want to.
This summed a lot of my thoughts up perfectly!

I was talking on my blog recently too - pounds versus inches? or versus BMI? What's healthiest, what's easiest, what's best?

For now, since at 245 pounds, my problem is quite obviously everything (bmi, inches, and pounds) I'll just go by poundage, because its the easiest to count.

Even if (WHEN!) I get to 145, for my height I'd still be overweight (BMI of 27) so from there, I know I'll be readjusting my goals and reaching for a healthy BMI. Reaching that healthy BMI will have to include gaining some muscle, which might make the scale rise - but at that point, it'll matter less, as long as I'm healthy.

Oh...and natch...CONGRATULATIONS!

Last edited by flabbyblue; 07-21-2008 at 09:44 AM.
flabbyblue is offline   Reply With Quote