3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   I am SO excited... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/145644-i-am-so-excited.html)

UrsusMaritimus 07-06-2008 02:40 PM

I am SO excited...

...because I just got my ticker! Now I don't have to covet everyone else's anymore!

I don't know why, but the ticker is such great motivation.

Rain Dancer 07-06-2008 02:45 PM

Good for you! I think that the ticker is a great motivator, as well. :carrot:

I am looking forward to completing my 30 day membership requirement so that I may have a signature and a ticker, too. :D

luckymommy 07-06-2008 03:12 PM

Yes, there's something so visual about them (of course that may very well be because they ARE visual! ), but you can just get this sense of how tangible your goal can is, which is very motivating!!!! Congrats on getting yours AND on the 9 lbs. you've already lost!

mescelestus 07-06-2008 03:16 PM

i got my ticker today too! i love it...we can be ticker buddies!

LynseyLikes2Lose 07-06-2008 03:27 PM

I love mine too. Just wish it would move more!

UrsusMaritimus 07-06-2008 04:49 PM

Quote:

I am looking forward to completing my 30 day membership requirement so that I may have a signature and a ticker, too.
Gosh, has it really been 30 days? It went fast.

Lynsey, you are SO close; you'll be there before you know it. When I'm within 7 lbs. of my goal, I'm going to do a happy ticker dance.

SuomiSara 07-06-2008 05:03 PM

Nice ticker! :dizzy:

Im looking forward to getting one though Ive got a long wait for now!

Tomato 07-06-2008 05:12 PM

I love the tickers myself. It's part of the excitement, being able to adjust the slider, and it's also very motivating.

Lynsey, that's a very pretty picture of you.

SuomiSara, welcome to 3FC. Don't worry, the 30 days will fly by very quickly. In the meantime, you can decide which ticker you want to use. It's part of the fun. :-)

cherrypop 07-06-2008 05:14 PM

great to hear

ninepaw 07-07-2008 12:55 AM

I love my ticker.... I love it even more when I get to make it move! :D

I just laugh at myself for how seriously I took making it... I kept going back and forth deciding what looked good together. :P

mandalinn82 07-07-2008 01:16 AM

Yay! No more ticker envy...I like to think of them like a "badge of honor"...you stuck around, now reap the rewards and adjust that ticker with pride.

KellyLou 07-07-2008 02:26 AM

I just joined today and can't wait to get my ticker!!! Too bad you can't have a ticker for when you get your ticker :)

UrsusMaritimus 07-08-2008 12:19 AM

Quote:

I just joined today and can't wait to get my ticker!!! Too bad you can't have a ticker for when you get your ticker
Indeed! Since you can't get an online ticker right away, maybe newbies should be encouraged to make a 30-day countdown ticker...out of construction paper...or something... :dizzy: Anything to keep us motivated, right?