3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Lesson Learned (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/145508-lesson-learned.html)

danemom 07-04-2008 03:37 AM

Lesson Learned

Today was a typical day off from work, running here, running there, and I gave in! After weeks of healthy eating I caved to the kids and the request for "hot fries", golden arches here we come. A hamburger and medium fries later, and I'm suffering from, ummmmm, let's call it intestinal distress. I'm not blaming the food itself, I don't think it was bad or that I'm suffering from food poisoning. I think I'm suffering from eating junk when I'm not used to it!

Hopefully the end is near :o and all will be normal soon, next time I'll keep driving!

KrazyKatie 07-04-2008 03:49 AM

:hug: You poor, poor lady!

mimzy 07-04-2008 04:04 AM

Aww bless :D

You're not alone.. last night I scoffed a handful of chocolate fingers I'd bought as a treat for the kids... should have known who would end up the eating them, the kids ate a couple and then I was left trying not to notice the still nearly full box :rolleyes:

After a week of Atkins I'm now feeling a little bit of "intestinal distress" myself!

yoyoma 07-04-2008 04:16 AM

I'm sorry about your intestinal distress, but congratulations on retraining your body to reject junk food! When I used to stop there with DD I sometimes bought the grilled chicken Asian salad (skipped the dressing -- comes with a sauce). Pretty good -- both in calories and taste.

snapless 07-04-2008 06:03 AM

I completely understand and feel for you. Hope you feel better!

JayEll 07-04-2008 08:04 AM

McD's hamburger (plain, no cheese) (not Big Mac, QP, etc.):
250 cals, 9 gms fat, 31 gms carb, 12 gms protein

Medium french fries:
380 cals, 19 gms fat, 48 gms carb, 4 gms protein

Total:
630 cals, 28 gms fat, 79 gms carb, 16 gms protein :eek:

McDonald's nutrition information:

http://app.mcdonalds.com/bagamcmeal?process=menuitems

So sorry.......

Jay

Heather 07-04-2008 08:34 AM

I remember the first time I realized the fries had more calories than the burger! :yikes:

Don't let this derail you! You can get back on track. Moreover, see if you can figure out what you'd rather do in the future when that arises and get back on track!

Mom2QJandT 07-04-2008 08:35 AM

This is probably TMI, but if I'm constipated, that's when the kids get McDonalds. If I eat there it "solves" my problem quickly!

Rain Dancer 07-04-2008 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danemom (Post 2254609)
Today was a typical day off from work, running here, running there, and I gave in! After weeks of healthy eating I caved to the kids and the request for "hot fries", golden arches here we come. A hamburger and medium fries later, and I'm suffering from, ummmmm, let's call it intestinal distress. I'm not blaming the food itself, I don't think it was bad or that I'm suffering from food poisoning. I think I'm suffering from eating junk when I'm not used to it!

Hopefully the end is near :o and all will be normal soon, next time I'll keep driving!

I feel for you. Been there, done that. I hope that you are feeling better. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayEll (Post 2254723)
McD's hamburger (plain, no cheese) (not Big Mac, QP, etc.):
250 cals, 9 gms fat, 31 gms carb, 12 gms protein

Medium french fries:
380 cals, 19 gms fat, 48 gms carb, 4 gms protein

Total:
630 cals, 28 gms fat, 79 gms carb, 16 gms protein :eek:

McDonald's nutrition information:

So sorry.......

Jay

Puts a few minutes mindless eating into perspective, doesn't it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mom2QJandT (Post 2254748)
This is probably TMI, but if I'm constipated, that's when the kids get McDonalds. If I eat there it "solves" my problem quickly!

:rofl: (With you... Not at you. ;))

sh3l5 07-05-2008 04:27 AM

i only ever used to drink the strawberry milkshakes there....
but after finding the nutritional information i wont be drinking them very often at all....
once a year maybe!!....

BillBlueEyes 07-05-2008 05:20 AM

McD Vanilla Shake = 1110 Calories

Yikes ... I used to do the Vanilla shake for a snack at a particularly boring airport wait. 1110 calories !!!!!

Glad that part of my life is history.

thistoo 07-05-2008 07:51 AM

Grease has always caused me 'intestinal distress' (a term I am very familiar with!) so I have never been a big McD's person. I do eat their salads or the grilled honey mustard wrap. The grilled asian chicken salad is 300 calories w/out the dressing (if I use dressing it's half the packet for another 45 calories; that's way too much dressing anway). The grilled wraps are 260 calories apiece (270 for the ranch) and it's just enough food with a Diet Coke or a sugar free vanilla iced coffee (90 calories) to call a meal.

fiberlover 07-05-2008 08:52 AM

Kind of makes you wonder what ingredients they really put in Alli :rofl:

rockinrobin 07-05-2008 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fiberlover (Post 2255711)
Kind of makes you wonder what ingredients they really put in Alli :rofl:

:dunno::dunno::dunno::dunno::dunno:

Ya know what? I don't think I wanna know.

:?: Alli - oy. :?:

danemom, all is not lost. I think you've learned a very valuable lesson for those 600 plus calories. It really could have been lots worse. Feel better. :hug:

BIG B00TY 07-05-2008 10:01 AM

My Alli is like the prescription xenical, same ingredients