Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-23-2008, 06:28 PM   #121  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Hi all - just checking in. Same weight
Been eating clean, but having a little trouble with portion control when it comes to a glass of wine by the firepit. Gotta follow Gary's lead for a couple weeks and see how I do.

Have a GREAT evening all!
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 10:47 PM   #122  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Wink

Gary- On your one year of hard work and by ending it with a bang. Man, you lost like 8 pounds in a few weeks. Good job coach.

My scale was also down today, to 211.8. I haven't seen that number before. Hope it keeps going that way. This jogging thing just keeps getting better. I ran a 1 mile stretch last night, walked a bit and then ran another .7. Those driveways aren't flying by yet, but I do keep going past them.

See ya all later.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 11:09 PM   #123  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Yep CD...portion control!

MINDY...I did lose pretty good the last 2 weeks but it was NOT without effort! Very little beer...no snacks..small portions and a lot of miles!

Off work for 3 days....back tomorrow...but I usually see a gain from no work calories burned off...

My eating has been good but that scale might jump in the morning...that's ok...I will still be 30 down from a year ago!

Got many more days to do this...many!

Blessings Everyone!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 06:27 PM   #124  

Hi all - just checking in.
Where is everyone?
In any case - I hope you are having a great OP day!
Old 07-24-2008, 08:15 PM   #125  

S/C/G: 222/209.8/130

Height: 5'4

Today has not been a very OP day. We had to take off work and school today to go to my great grandmother's funeral. Then we went to her house afterwards and had food-mostly fried meats, and various of unhealthy side dishes and lots of desserts provided by friends and distant family members. It was strange being in the house without my great grandmother. Just got home and was soo tired that we just ordered some chinese take-out too for dinner. Back on the wagon tomorrow and I will be going to the grocery store to fill back up on veggies and yummy salad fixings. I just remembered now I have a test to study for too arghh that is tomorrow. Have a great evening everyone!
blondebritbrat17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 08:30 PM   #126  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

(((HUGS))) BRAT....a tough day...but it is just ONE DAY! Things will get better soon...hang in there.

Good to see you CD I know all is well in your neck of the woods.

Well that HIGH 170 I had for my last day of my journey and first day of this year's snuck up to 172 even this morning. I figured as much. It usually does when I have 5 days off work. Glad I ate pretty good and got my miles in. I had half day of work today and a full day tomorrow so I hope that helps, plus I got 3.25 miles on the treadmill after work.

Have a great Friday
Old 07-24-2008, 11:17 PM   #127  

Yeah now I'm also dealing with sunburn to boot from the measly 25 minutes I was in the sun at the cementary. Can you believe that?!? I knew I should have worn sunscreen or brought an umbrella. My husband thinks this is funny/cute since I told him I bet I'm going to be sunburned and he disagreed with me at the cementary saying I wasn't out in the sun long enough. Sigh.. it's been a good 3 years since I've gotten sunburned and I forgot how it feels. No wonder I'm so warm. Anyways, You're doing great EZMONEY! Thanks for all the kind words.

Last edited by blondebritbrat17; 07-24-2008 at 11:19 PM.
Old 07-24-2008, 11:31 PM   #128  

Brit - prayers going up for you and your family. Put something on that sunburn to soothe the pain. It really helps!
Old 07-24-2008, 11:33 PM   #129  

Thank you Counting Down for the prayers! I already did put some lotion that has aloe vera in it on me and it's helped but I'm just HOT now.
Old 07-25-2008, 01:25 AM   #130  

It smells really horrible and burns momentarily but a GREAT way to take the sting and burn out of a sunburn is to rub the area with apple cider vinegar.
laceykat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 09:06 AM   #131  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Wink

Well yesterdy my scale was up to 212.8, but back down today to 211.6. Just in time for my weekly weigh-in. I am down 1.6 for the week. Gotta be happy with that. Yesterday I got up early and went for a jog/walk. I ran the first mile in 13 min. Did you hear that? 13 min. Those driveways are starting to go by faster. Then I worked hard in the yard all day. Kick that pound to the dirt.

Gary- Your story is wonderful. It's amazing how small changes can make such a difference in our lives. I hope to have a great story to tell at my one year point also. I should start thinking about a realistic goal to reach for by the end of the year. I will be seeing some family at Christmas that I haven't seen in several years. Won't it be nice to impress them with my hard work?

Last night I went to see my son in "Alice in Wonderland". It was a good show and they worked hard. The cast was mostly second semester theatre students. How fun!! I'll go see it again Sat. with my family. Hope everyone has a great weekend. It is beautiful here in Mich.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 09:16 AM   #132  
Choosing with every bite.

S/C/G: 212.5/182/155

Height: 5' 7"

Woo Hoo! I had originally signed up for challenge on an earlier thread - perhaps one lost in the crash as I cannot find it.

I started the challenge the first day I'd seen 176.5
I hit 171.5 on two separate days including yesterday and was hoping to hit it again today for two days in a row. Instead I hit 170.5.

I think I can claim my 5 pounds.

It's my first five pounds challenge where some folks have accomplished two or even three five pound challenges in the same time. But I'm content to be slow and keep dropping those pounds.

Heading off on vacation tomorrow, but I'll be trying to stay on plan - or as much on plan as I can.
WebRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 10:59 AM   #133  
No surrender, no retreat

S/C/G: 170/148! :D /134

Height: Vertically comfy 5'2"; horizontally challenged

Gary -- great going on reaching your goal! 30 lbs down; fandamtastic!!! Keep up the good work. This weight loss thing is like laundry -- endless and always needing attention!

CD -- yup, portion control. It sure is a PITA ain't it?

Brit -- so sorry to hear about your great grandmom. Prayers to you! For sunburn you can try witch hazel. Just pat it on and let it evaporate. Very cooling. Also, vinegar works the same way but you'll smell like italian salad dressing!

mtiger -- great work! Isn't it nice to see all the hard work pay off? Keep those legs going!

webrover -- CONGRATS!!!! Slow and steady wins the race, right? Excellent work, keep going 'cause you CAN do this.

Have been pretty OP this first wk home from vacation, but I always forget that when I've been off-plan it takes me awhile to really 'get back into the groove of things' completely. W/outs are going very well. Ran 2 miles on tm yesterday (well, mostly ran ) then took the dog out for a 1/5 mile walk. Have exercised everyday this week so far. Am planning on doing a video in a bit, upper body wts tomorrow and (hopefully) a TM interval w/out tomorrow as well.

I am also a sad person because one month from tomorrow my oldest (no, my baby!!) leaves for college. Am beyond happy for her but am beyond sad for me because I won't see her everyday. Ack, my eyes are watering up just typing this.

Last edited by Hat Trick; 07-25-2008 at 11:01 AM.
Hat Trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 11:17 AM   #134  
Walking Off The Pounds

I'm back and hope to go at it with avengance (sp?). I am up to 220 ugh!!! not my all time high but high enough to say enough is enough!!!!!!

The TM is broken and am moving the bike back into the fam room TODAY and more importantly USING IT!

Everyone has been doing so well here with their exercise, OP meals and weight loss - you guys have been phenominal - keep it up so you can keep me motivated!

Off this afternoon and going to start working on my bedroom, - cleaning out, then cleaning closet/drawers, painting woodwork and cleaning the carpet - big task but it WILL keep me out of the kitchen.
Margie B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 06:18 PM   #135  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

I was down to 171 this morning. As long as I keep playing that 170 to 173 game I am OK...it's when I go that 174 to 177 route that makes me

Last year I had 53 days at 174 ~ I had about 110 between 174 and 178 and I had almost the same amount of days between 170 and 174...so I think for now I will use 174 as my RED LINE!

I would love to get to 165 but I am pretty sure I am not ready to work that hard...yet

BRAT ~ I hope that sunburn is better. I am fairly tanned and I put sunscreen on when I know I will be out...it's those days at work that things change that get me sometimes! We work almost all the time inside but every now and then when we stock material I am outside a lot...At least I always have a hat in my truck. Angie and my kids wear sunscreen every single day of the year I think.

MARGIE ~Well look at you...all ready to rock and roll! Good to see you back...just in time for "BEAR" season Won't it be nice this time next year when you are skinny!

HAT TRICK ~Boy I hear ya...I let up for a day or two and I'm up 4 pounds! Or so it seems. I don't envy what you are about to go through. My son went to college locally because he was coaching cross-country at his old high school, loved his sporting goods store job and wanted to teach locally so he went to the college here that the schools draw from. He lived at home and although he wasn't around much he was still here. Now my daughter went 200 miles away for her first year and although she had a free ride there it was too liberal for her. She transferred 50 miles away...better for dad She lived on campus then apartment during the school year but always was home for the summer and most week-ends. Now my step-daughter is about ready to start her 3rd year in New York and nephew goes to basic in Sept. Going to be quiet around here.

WEB ~Good to see you back. Have a great vacation! We will be here...yep you may have got lost in the crash!

MINDY ~Small changes do make a difference....as long as they are done every day. I set weight goals at the start but seriously I wasn't too worried about that. I didn't want to be trying to reach a certain weight by a certain time. The only time I did that was here at the end of the "first year" I wanted to lose as much as I could for the year. But my main thing at the start was to do GOOD things for myself EVERY day and see what happened ~ Good things happened! Congrats to your son. My step-daughter is was "drama" in school. Now she plays piano for some of the plays at college.