Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-06-2008, 01:17 PM   #46  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Caroline - way to go! I think seeing that middle number change was one of the most motivating things for me. I had a mini-celebration every time. And - I claimed it when it whent down - even if it snuck back over the line again). Keep at it, and I'm sure the 180s will be history too Oh, and thank you much for your kind words. You made my day!

Gary - don't sweat 177. I'm betting you actually lost weight. With the foods at the BBQ - the pizza, the chips and dip - and the hot dogs you have eaten over the last couple days - the sodium content is bound to have added some water weight to your body. I am really proud of your tenacity in watching your beverage calories. Keep it up! Once you are back in an eating routine this week, those extra lbs. are gonna slip away. Stay strong - you CAN do this!!!

Tomato - I can't even imagine eating one hot dog, let alone 59. The whole concept is pretty repulsive to me actually. UGH!

Josephine - I use raw veggies to get me through those challenges as well. There are times that I just HAVE to snack, and I keep raw veggies prepared and ready to grab to fill those moments. They have saved me from grabbing cheese and crackers so many times that I have lost count. Love your new avatar picture

I'm off to grab a glass of iced tea and put my feet up - gotta enjoy this beautiful weather we are having

Hope you all have a GREAT day! Stay strong!!!
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 07:19 PM   #47  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

MINDY I am sorry the weight isn't coming off as quickly as you want. Most of us are in that same slow boat....the first ones come off easy, then we reach a point where our body says "stay here"...for me that is a comfort zone that "I" want...not really what my body is saying! We are a TEAM and we will support each other.

FRIEDGREEN I actually watched it with my son...disgusting but entertaining....yes I am twisted!

CAROLINE I hope you feel better soon

SCOOTER Thank you for the encouragement Actually that is a lot of salt...hope you are right....but I still have hot dogs and hamburgers and PIZZA leftover....arrgghhh! It may go to the trash though soon!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 08:49 AM   #48  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

It may have been that salt SCOOTER MaMA! I was down to 175.4 this morning

gotta jam to work.....bye and thanks!
Old 07-07-2008, 01:12 PM   #49  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Wink

Go figure! Last week I gained weight for 7 straight days. I was up 3.4 pounds. No particular reason why, I thought maybe I was just taking it too EZ. Well this weekend, since Friday, I have lost 3.6 pounds. Now I did run errands for hours Friday and worked in the yard all day Sat. HMM??? Did it make that much difference? Well, bottom line, I will take it and pray that it stays off this time.

Last night I did another 5k. I'm not quite like you Gary, but I did 2 this weekend. I wanted to beat 46.1 (my 1st official race time) but I did it in 47 min. Hey, there are more hills on this course while the other one was all flatland. Anyhow, I did good!!

Thistoo- The slow boat has sped up a little. Throw me a rope and I'll tug ya along.

Josephine- I went looking around on your blog. Great pics and very motivational. And you are a beast with the running. Once again, motivational. Can I be like you when I grow up?

CD- Don't you love it when you see that new lower number. I'm still working on changing that 1 to a 0.

Gary- Yo inspirational leader. We will get there!! Thanks for your vote of confidence.

Check ya later!!
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 07:45 AM   #50  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Morning gang!

mtiger -- glad you didn't get freaked by the weird gain, since obviously it was meaningless! It must have been nice to see it just all drop away like that in a lovely whoosh! Way to go with the 5ks, you'll be that official race time before you know it!

Hat Trick -- I've got a vacation coming up in two weeks also and I am definitely planning to either hold or lose at least a tiny bit. I think going into vacations with any other frame of mind could be a set up for disaster. I'm sure you'll do great!

Spoz -- hang in there, it is consistency over time that does the trick. So we just have to hold our course and stay steady at the wheel!

CD -- CONGRATS on your 1 year anniversary, that is just AWESOME! What an inspiration you are, seriosuly, WAY TO GO!

thistoo -- congrats on getting below 190, GREAT JOB! I know that felt great to see on the scale, whoo hoo!

Last edited by Mrs Snark; 07-08-2008 at 07:45 AM.
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 10:24 PM   #51  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

I don't get it...175 Tuesday and 177 today Thought I did OK with my food...no beer either or other calorie drinks. Oh well, not going to get too bummed out about it!

MINDY your 5K times are about the same as mine! You won't beat your 5K times every time but the more you do them the easier they get! Soon you will be running them in the low 40's!

Have a great evening gals!
Old 07-09-2008, 06:50 AM   #52  
Michelle the Vegan

Morning gang, down a pound this morning to 155, so the pills are working!

EZ, I notice that my husband's weight fluctuates WAY more than mine (mine just doesn't seem to swing around alot), but I think he eats alot more things with sodium. Maybe you are just salt sensitive and that causes these totally normal fluctuations...
Old 07-09-2008, 09:14 AM   #53  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

Josephine, congrats on your loss! That's great news.

EZ, I know exactly how you feel. On Monday I was down to 188.4, but Tuesday I was back up to 189.2, and this morning I stayed the same. Still a loss, I know, and I'll definitely take it. But those fluctuations can drive you crazy if you let them. I agree with Josephine; I bet salt is the culprit.
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 09:35 PM   #54  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

OK Gals I will take your word for it that it is the salt...it has to be! Up that another pound this morning...but had leftover pizza last night...NO BEER!

CAROLINE...still in the '80's!!!!!!!!!!!!!! good for you!

Thanks Josephine, but isn't usually the women's weight that flucuates so much?

Hoping for a better result on that scale tomorrow!

Have a great day/night LADIES!

GO TEAM! GO!
Old 07-10-2008, 08:01 AM   #55  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Off to work but maybe it was the salt in that pizza and the popcorn snack (i forgot to mention)...weighed in at 174.6 this morning!

Not going to complain about that one for me!

have a great day gals!
Old 07-10-2008, 08:29 AM   #56  
Michelle the Vegan

Yay, EZ! Nice little boost to see that drop in the morning, right?!

I'm down to 154.8 this morning, yay. I've already run a 5 miler and I'm going to have an awesome, healthy day. That's the ticket.
Old 07-10-2008, 10:17 AM   #57  
Caroline

Way to go Gary and Josephine! I'm creeping back up (189.6 this morning), but TOM is coming so I'm going to blame that. Though I have been eating too many carbs at night lately, so I need to get that back under control starting today. Stupid carbs.
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 01:43 PM   #58  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Wink

Haven't checked in for a few days. My scale is just sitting around 215. I'm with Thistoo, TOM is coming, so I just hope to maintain and not gain. Please!!! Then maybe later next week I can drop a few. Getting close to 210 would be awesome. I also eat my share of carbs: teddy grams, pretzels, chex mix. What can I say? I always count it though.

Gary- Keep working hard. Great self control in the beverage department. It is so hard to avoid the things we really enjoy. Mine would be brownies and sweets.

Joshephine- I don't know how I will ever lengthen my wogging. So many times I'll get started and have to rush home because my tummy is rumbling. Wogging seems to have that effect on me. Barely made it home last night. Maybe I could try the morning instead.

Tomorrow is weigh-in. Wish me luck!
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 04:39 PM   #59  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Nice to see some losses. Way to go!!!

My scale is finally moving. 130.6 this morning. I'm a happy camper
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 06:28 PM   #60  
Caroline