Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-30-2008, 11:01 PM   #1  
3.14.10 Bride to Be

S/C/G: 316.4/311.6/200

Height: 5'7"

Smile Here's to seeing less of me in the future!

As I look at the clock, it is now 10:41pm. Shortly I will be asleep and when I wake up, it will be July 1st; it will be the beginning of the second 6 months of my journey.

Over the last 6 months, I have lost 25 pounds, or thereabouts. I haven’t really stuck to my weight loss program as much as I had hoped, and so far this year, life has thrown me a few curve balls. I learned that I have OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder) and that I am suffering a high amount of anxiety from said disorder. It makes a lot of sense, but, I do not have the funds available to me at the moment to treat it, nor do I have the means to get any health insurance. My company is such a small company that having any health benefits would be completely crazy and sky rocketed because of how few employees there are, and how many of them smoke! Ugh. I’m sure if I went for a blood test, they’d find nicotine in my blood stream, even though I quit smoking some time ago! I lost two friends, but gained one back, due to many drama issues. I hate friend/wedding drama, I really do. In addition to all of that, my mother moved to Michigan to be with her family (her father & his wife, her aunt & her husband, and a few misc. aunts and uncles). It saddens me to have her be 600+ miles away, but it is a great motivator because next time she sees me, hopefully I will be 50 pounds down since the start of all of this.

Oh, I have gotten off track, I tend to do that occasionally.

I have decided to do a mini-resolution for the second half of the year. I will start with this month – I am planning to stay on my weight loss program for the entire month of July, and I am really excited to see what kind of loss this brings me! There was one week a few weeks ago where I completely stayed on program and I lost 4 pounds! I hadn’t seen a loss like that since I started. The only bad thing is that I suspended my YMCA membership because it was costing me way too much, the fiancé did not want to go, and it was just out of the way. I live in a resort town (damn you tourists!) and trying to get to the YMCA when it is in downtown/boardwalk Rehoboth Beach in the summertime is absolute torture. We happened to be in the vicinity of a new gym opening up, the World Gym, and the perks sound so wonderful at this place, plus we’ll be paying about 1/3 less for 24 hour access! They have a sign up promotion going on until they open that if you sign up, you get a severely discounted rate, so it sounds wonderful to me. Plus, it will shake up the routine a bit. They are going to have… get this… 5 arc trainers! Can you believe it? Every time I go to the YMCA someone is on the only arc trainer they have! Oh it is annoying, I promise you. The gym doesn’t open until about mid-late July, so I will be a few weeks with out gym access, but I still have some free weights at home and a $2,000 bike my dad got for me through his business a year and a half ago, and it has only seen about a mile of road time *sigh* its such a sweet bike. Maybe I will actually bring it home; there is room in the shed for it now, and there are no hills to be seen in this flat state of Delaware.

Goals for this month:

See the 270’s for the first time and hopefully see the 260’s.
Finally meet the 10% total lost.
Eat right every day – no restaurants (with the exception of taking my fiancé out for his birthday)
Lift my 10 lb weight every day at work (they keep the TV on and 50% of the commercials are for weight loss. So, every time I hear one of these commercials, lift the weight 5 times on each arm!)

Each of those goals seems realistic to me. I also want to lose another couple of inches. I’m so excited because I finally did a protein powder order last week, and it should be arriving shortly. Nutrabio has a really great Cinnabun flavor that tastes exactly like a Chai tea latte! Also got the standard chocolate flavor for the mornings I just have to do something different. Which… reminds me. I need to do another Herbalife order. I’m running out of multi-vitamins soon and the FH needs something… I can’t remember right now what it was.

So here’s to another 6 months of weight loss, and to seeing less of myself in the future!

--Naytally
Naytally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 11:29 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 254/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Naytally,

I understand your health insurance issues, but you may find the local mental health clinic is really affordable. They all have sliding fee schedules. Taking care of your mental health is just as important as caring for your body.
Pandora123a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 06:56 AM   #3  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

I know that you can find a way! We'll be rooting for you!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote