Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-10-2008, 01:10 PM   #46  
Ija
Extra gluten

S/C/G: 286/135/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomato View Post
I think I will have lamb souvlaki so that I don't eat chicken only.
OOH, am I invited?
Ija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 01:28 PM   #47  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

Absolutely - the more the merrier, but you better hurry, we are meeting at 6:30 pm and it's a bit of a drive from Vermont. (I drove to New Hampshire several times and I love going through Vermont - who wants to sit on the I-90?)
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 02:03 PM   #48  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by karen0117 View Post
Re: the accountability issue, there's an article in the health section of the MSNBC website which states that people who keep food diaries lose twice as much weight as those who don't. I know the FitDay journal has really been great for me.

Amen to that!

Last night I went out with some women to celebrate a friend's b-day.
Someone commented on my apparent weight loss and asked how I did it. I tell only very special people about 3 fc--I didn't want to give away my secret weapon- so I shared only the part about logging every bite of food eaten.

There was lots of agreement on food logging by another celebrater who was a bulge battler.
kittycat40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 01:48 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Assessment time! Another good reason to keep notes!

The last time I did a pretty comprehensive assessment seems to be May 28th. Is that six weeks? about?

I'm down 4 lbs.
Bust is the same. Underbust is -1/2".
waist is -1 inch
hips are up 1/4 inch ... bubble butt?
thigh remains the same

I'm averaging in the 1600-1700 calorie range. I go to the gym three times per week and lift and do cardio at each visit. Chest & triceps/ Back & biceps/ Lower body/ a combination of two of the following treadmill, recumbant bike, elliptical. I walk to do errands almost every day 10-20 minutes and we walk to the gym 14 minutes.

Each day I see frighteningly little progress. But when you have stats to compare ... you DO see progress. Glorious, encouraging progress.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 01:01 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 222/154.4/149 (mini-goal)

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanB View Post
Assessment time! Another good reason to keep notes!

Each day I see frighteningly little progress. But when you have stats to compare ... you DO see progress. Glorious, encouraging progress.

Yes, no matter how small the progress it is going in the right direction that counts! When my weight isn't down by as much as I would like I try to keep in mind what it would be like if I wasn't doing what I'm doing.

Speaking of six weeks, I completed six weeks yesterday. Coincidentally, my last trip to the hair salon was the day before I started. My hairdresser said hesitantly Karen, have you lost weight? (He said later he's usually reluctant to say this to people because occassionally they will be indignant). Anyway, I was really happy since it's harder for people we see on a regular basis to notice the changes.

Anyway, 4.5 inches off the waist, 14.8 pounds.

Have a good weekend everyone.
karen0117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 01:37 PM   #51  
Let's salsa!

God job, Karen!

I was flooded with compliments when I had dinner with my friend. She has not seen me since early April or so (besides, I never told anyone I am working on my weight loss) and her jaw just dropped when she saw me. I have to say I also wore a wrap Tshirt that I know is very flattering to my figure, but anyway, I guess it is obvious that there are 24 lbs less of me.

Anyway, I was originally going to say that I took the fourlegged kids for a nice walkie at 6 a.m., went to the farmers' market, had a slice of pizza with some of the gall bladder disturber bits ;-) , got home, had my morning coffee siesta and then off to the gym. I forgot that our core class was cancelled because a local TV station was having an audition for some local version of The Biggest Loser or something so I went upstairs, did 20 minutes on elliptical crosstrainer to get my heart (and sweat) going and then I spent an hour and 10 minutes working the machines and free weights.
Got home, mowed the lawn, had some food, and I think I will read for a bit know. Very humid here today amd there will be possibly more thunderstorms later on. Yesterday, we broke a record from 1991 - we got 78 millimitres of rain (that is approx 3.25 inches for you imperial types). :-)
Old 07-13-2008, 08:22 AM   #52  

Good morning!

I bought a scale yesterday. It does a couple of things that are pretty cool, but it metric so I've changed my profile to kilograms.
Now, I have to go read about over hydration because I've been consistantly over the top. Hmmm.
Old 07-13-2008, 08:55 AM   #53  
Let's salsa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanB View Post
I bought a scale yesterday. It does a couple of things that are pretty cool, but it metric so I've changed my profile to kilograms.
Such as? Does it make coffee in the morning and bring it to you when you are in bed? (Wouldn't that be cool?!)
I kinda regret that I did not buy a scale like that. I bought mine in February to replace an old Ikea cheapo which was really out of whack, and at that time I thought just a plain digital scale would be enough. Little did I know ......
Congrats on the purchase and I hope it will serve you well ...... and give nice low numbers.
Old 07-13-2008, 08:58 AM   #54  

Body fat percentage and hydration level. Oh and weight

Can anyone remember why I stopped taking vitamin B? I took it for years for migraine prevention. And now, in my reading, I see that it could be helpful with this fluid thing. I kinda think I knew that too.
Old 07-13-2008, 09:06 PM   #55  
Let's salsa!

Susan,

Re the hydration level - I wanted to ask you about that when I asnwered earlier but of course I forgot.
When I get weighed at the gym, the readout from the computer mentions TBW (Total Body Water).
I am really confused about this. According to the trainer who weighs, it is desirable for the number to go up. (And mine is - at the end of April, my TBW was 94.2 lbs, end of May it was 96.4 lbs and end of June 97.2. lbs. I am definitely drinking my water (I think I average 2.5 litres a day). But, I thought that the more water we drink, the less water we retain - so why should the TBW increase?

If anybody can explain this to me, I would appreciate it.
Old 07-14-2008, 05:40 AM   #56  

Up is good. Normally, folks walk around fairly dehydrated. The odd folk is overhydrated and that's fluid retention and that is something wrong. At my age, it's probably hormonal.

I'm not sure a healthy person can be puffy like I am just by drinking water. You'd pee it out. Flushed nicely clean Did that make sense? It's pretty simplified ...