Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-30-2008, 02:57 PM   #16  
FB

Poop on that Spoz. The models usually don't take notice of anything except the reflection in the mirror, windows, lens - they don't give a hoot what you look like. Just provide great results.
FB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 03:50 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Yup. I agree with FB. They mostly couldn't care less.

What's funny for me is that I shoot a lot of weddings and during the getting ready process I often catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror. All the women around me are being made gorgeous with makeup and hair and their party dresses ... and I'm in ninja black hoping that I'm not sweating so much that my hair is sticking to my head. I've learned not to be self conscious about it ... but every now and then I think that I could have chosen a more glam career!

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 04:46 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 360/309/185

Height: 6'1

Ha, the thing with photographing people is- those 'beautiful' people wouldn't be near as beautiful without someone who knows how to shoot them- they aren't usually jerks about it. The best way I can put it, is if you get nervous around someone who seemingly has no flaws- you'll notice as you shoot that there will always be at least one LOL So, you focus more on making it look better and you'll forget just how 'beautiful' these people are

I find, however.. that mentally I get so rundown worrying about the beautiful people... I can't stand how important it is to be beautiful and look a certain way in our society... makes me ill some days... so I focus on shooting things that matter- whether it be important to me or important socially... keeps me sane some days lol
bettyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 04:50 PM   #19  

Jill!
You are so right, your weight should never limit what you do I wish I had been emotionally and mentally with it to figure that out- lol My fave jobs were always working at a plant nursery lol sweating and dirty lol Oh well Today is a new day, right?
Old 06-30-2008, 05:36 PM   #20  
I am more than weight.

S/C/G: Starting Weight:260/150

Height: 5'3"

I would never change my job, could use more physical activity in my time off, though.
TamTam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 08:13 PM   #21  

CatholicCajun-
Thats awesome- I can't wait til I get to that point in my life
Old 07-01-2008, 12:18 AM   #22  
Clawing my way back

S/C/G: 290/ticker/140

Height: 5'

I am working towards a career that is more demanding physically. I decided last year, at my highest weight of 290, to try and get into the RCMP. I used to often think, over the years, that I would like to become a cop if I was just in shape...and then decided last year that if that's what it took, then I'd get in shape. Since then, I've lost nearly 100 pounds and am now into running and weight training, and figure I will be able to try out in about a year or so. If I don't get in, well, there are other police forces in Canada, or I can become a court sheriff, or a similar job. It has occured to me that I may not get in, that I have been working my butt off for the last year and a half (two and a half years by the time I try out), but I will be fit and healthier than I've ever been in my life, so something positive will come out of all my hard work.

Another thing I have an interest in is flying (you may have noticed from my avatar!) even if I only get my private license and do it recreationally, although I would love to get my commercial license and tie it in with police work). I know you don't have to be thin to be a pilot (I work in an airport and see a few big pilots every now and then) but I know when I got my avatar pic taken (it was 6 years ago and I was a lot bigger then; I just like the pic...most people would probably choose a picture that shows them smaller!), that cockpit was tiny and cramped. I think there is a weight limit, especially since you start off flying much smaller planes, but I'm not really sure. I am not too heavy now to be a pilot, but I am still not fit enough to be a Mountie, but I am still working towards it.
Ookpik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 04:52 AM   #23  

Ookpik-
I love your story Anyone willing to work that hard for what they want- is such an inspiration! I am just now at that point where I want something that requires me to be in shape, which is rather scary to start- because failing would mean giving up... and I refuse to give up. I have the rest of this year to really focus on getting my body where it needs to be.

I'd love to see you reach your goal and work with the RCMP, and be a pilot! Hehe, being a stupid american I literally thought it meant you'd be horseback So I searched to check it out before I commented LOL

I was checking it out the PARE seems pretty serious lol I like that it tells you what you have to do- gives you a great set of guidelines for your training and workouts. Just the PARE prep would be a killer workout,

I can't wait until I hit the 94 lb mark, I bow to the master Thank you for the inspiration
Old 07-01-2008, 10:11 PM   #24  
Clawing my way back

S/C/G: 290/ticker/140

Height: 5'

Thanks for the comments! I am on my way to (hopefully next year) doing the PARE - it's pretty rigorous but I am going to look at it as something I can do if I prepare for it. I am doing the Couch to 5K podcast and am now in week7...I went out this evening after work, got caught in the rain but managed to finish the session. I can now jog 25 minutes without stopping, which is a huge accomplishment for me because two years ago, even walking was a challenge, I never thought jogging was something I'd ever do. On days I feel like I need an extra push to get out and exercise, I picture myself in the Red Serge (dress Mountie uniform) and that keeps me going!

You are well on your way to losing 94+ pounds yourself! Keep at it, you're obviously doing something right!
Ookpik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 02:06 AM   #25  

I so set a goal yesterday that I wanted to be able to run five miles before the year is out lmao, I don't know if that's really a goal I can set- but I'm darn sure gonna try!! I had not known about the Couch to 5k- so THANK YOU for that

I love the RCMP uniforms and expect to see photos of you in yours!!!!
Thanks for the support as well I'm starting my couch to 5k tomorrow!!
Old 07-02-2008, 07:38 AM   #26  
Captain Prescriptivism

S/C/G: 235/180/135

Height: 5'3"

For years I held off on learning to fence, even when I was urged by my friends to try, because I was worried that I was too fat to play sports. When I finally did get into it this fall I was quite overweight indeed, but I did get through it without dropping dead, and actually put in enough work to become pretty good. My only regret now is that I didn't start fencing earlier, because it's a ton of fun and I'd love to be that much better! Still, it has definitely motivated me to get into better shape. I'm going to be doing the classes and the team practice anyway, and the better shape I'm in, the less it'll hurt.
ImpalaHoarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 01:25 PM   #27  
Taking life by the horns

S/C/G: 302/ticker/215

Height: 6'1"

Love my job as well--- would just love to be more impressive at it---

I'm a probation officer--- I would love to be this tall, impressive, authoritative person coming into their houses--- someone all muscley and cool--- someone they wouldn't mess with. Right now I try to come off as a hard-a$$, but how convincing can that be?
BrandNewJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 01:38 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Right now I try to come off as a hard-a$$, but how convincing can that be?
Hee! At 6'1" you probably manage pretty well. But think of how you'll do when you're 6'1" and ripped. Wow.

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 09:43 PM   #29  

ImpalaHoarder-
I've heard fencing was a blast! And you're right- about the regret thing- I'm determined to never let my weight get in the way of me wanting to do a sport- sigh- lol

BrandNewJen-
Rock on for the 6'1 girls!! haha! I'm a redhead too! lol ok, now to your comment LOL I feel the same- like I've been a tall fat nice girl- and no matter how angry I appear it always comes out the same LOL I'm still a nice tall fat girl lol I want that- "Go ahead, do it- I'ma kick yo ***" without even saying it LOL
Old 07-03-2008, 07:37 AM   #30  
new/just discovered ya'll

S/C/G: 165/173/130

Height: 5'4

I just in the last few years started ballooning but it has now affected my ability to break back into my field of work. I am a bartender and a dang good one at that but when I walk in to turn in app's or resumes I hardly get a second glance! Just a couple of years ago I turned heads everywhere and at least once a week would have random bar owners try to bribe me to work for them. I am in a different predicament I wouldn't change what I chose to do but my new body is keeping me from returning! I want the old me back!!!
readyforrealme is offline   Reply With Quote