Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-30-2008, 12:36 AM   #16  
Clawing my way back

S/C/G: 290/ticker/140

Height: 5'

I get the same thing too...people treat me differently now that I am getting smaller. Men give me more attention now. I live in a small town and I'm also thinking...where were you before? I can't see myself getting involved with any of these guys because that is always in the back of my mind.

I can also identify with what Luckymommy is saying...although I think beauty comes in all shapes and sizes, to be honest, I look in the mirror and like what I see alot better than I did maybe two years ago. Perhaps men judged me because I judged myself. I'm a lot more bubbly now, perhaps men are also attracted to my personality because I'm a lot less sullen. I don't know.
Ookpik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 12:47 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 360/309/185

Height: 6'1

Awoman--- we judge ourselves and are much more self defeatest than anyone I've ever met. Just because we're fat doesn't mean we've stopped being people with valid likes, dislikes, wants, and desires.... we tend to forget that more than anyone...

I fell in love with a guy who could get anyone, and for 8 out of ten years of our on again off again... this being the tenth year lol I've been the one causing the problems... how could he like me?? I mean me?? I'm fat.. which turned into I'm ugly and disgusting.. which none of these are true... for anyone else either...

so when it gets to a point where you feel comfortable strutting, and smiling and being you-- don't hate those that didn't notice the sullen, depressed, unhappy, and often shy person we were when we didn't like ourselves very much.
bettyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 05:36 AM   #18  

If you deliberately cultivate a moody, *get bent* attitude, people won't look at you, promise.

From what I read in this post, at my stats, I should be getting plenty of attention! But when I deliberately think *I'm not in the mood, get stuffed*, this comes off me as a vibe in waves (I don't have to be rude, its just a case of the mind affecting the body) and people don't even try it. I don't wear a burkha, either!

xxx
CousinRockingChair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 10:17 AM   #19  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

Thank you all for the wonderful suggestions and comments. It is true that I do feel more confident, which in turn, as several of you stated, sends out good vibes, which attracts people. It's just so hard for me to deal with sudden attention, and probably one of the reasons weigh has been an issue with me for 40 years. I can not stand ogling, drooling men, (wether they are HOT or NOT). I have never understood how sexy curvaceous women can wear string bikini's and skin tight clothes. If I have to scare off dirty old men at 265 pounds with rude comments and dirty looks, they must have to carry a cattle prod to beat the jerks off.
I don't want to sabotage myself. Maybe I need therapy. Thanks again everyone. You are the greatest.
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote