Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-01-2008, 12:01 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

That is hilarious, Landon. I remember when my grandmother kept having to fend off men in the nursing home. They would corner her in her room or hallway and lean in for kisses. She had several "boyfriends" and was quite the belle of the ball. She was senile, so she probably thought they were all my grandfather... the nurses kept us filled in.
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 12:14 AM   #32  
Hug a Tree!

Height: 4'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayEll View Post
Sorry, Landonsbaby, I really do not believe that sex is as important to people in their 70s as it is to those in their 20s, and I'd like to see you cite some studies or surveys that show that it is.
I don't have anything to give you. I haven't studied for two years and I don't have my materials. Its not worth going to look up so we'll just agree to disagree.

Here is a news article on the topic and some recent findings if you are interested. http://abcnews.go.com/Health/ActiveA...3511604&page=1

Quote:
I don't expect my explanation to make sense to you. When I was 26 I wanted sex all the time. I couldn't imagine that anyone wouldn't be interested in having sex.
Oh, I have absolutely no problem believing people are not interested. I know many many people have zero interest in sex. But "interest" doesn't just mean being a raging horny maniac. It can simply the desire to be with your spouse because you are so in love. And older people do feel that...even if they are incapable of actually making love anymore. And then some people like me don't actually have much interest but feel its healthy for their relationship and so they try to make an effort. So yeah, I certainly believe there are a lot of people who don't have much interest.
LandonsBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 12:19 AM   #33  
Hug a Tree!

Height: 4'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by walking2lose View Post
That is hilarious, Landon. I remember when my grandmother kept having to fend off men in the nursing home. They would corner her in her room or hallway and lean in for kisses. She had several "boyfriends" and was quite the belle of the ball. She was senile, so she probably thought they were all my grandfather... the nurses kept us filled in.
Yeah, those old men can be little horn dogs! One of the problems now in nursing homes are stds! Grandma and Grandma are getting it on but they aren't educated in the art of sex. Its not funny..but then again, it kinda is. Here are all these children and grandchildren at home thinking their family members are too old to do it anymore...but they are still getting some.

I can't imagine having to have "the talk" with my grandma before she moved to her miami beach retirement community.
LandonsBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 05:40 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 360/309/185

Height: 6'1

Horsey-

All it takes is one to beat you down, knock you on your knees and keep you there- all it takes is one.... but he doesn't deserve the power that you continue to give him.

Princess Di- married an opportunity, I don't think there was ever a true love connection between the two- just him falling for a beautiful girl- and her wanting to be someone different, someone who could make a difference... they had beautiful children and he did as he has been taught to do- He believed he was better than her- but what made it worse is... she was loved by more people than he ever was and it bugged him... so he treated her as if she didn't matter, it seemed....

Just because the cute, thin blonde girl was traveled, smart, and had good roots- doesn't mean she couldn't be a woman and fall for an idiot. You and Di- are human.... people are so **** bent on not being hurt that they forget that being hurt- is in fact part of being human. We beat ourselves up and ask WHY ME!!!!!!!! The question is, why anyone?

a lot of us have met the guy next door- we just are so hung up on us not being perfect that we forget that they don't have to be, nor do they want us perfect. Why didn't we see them when we met them? Oh, because we wanted sex then, we wanted to be exciting and he was run of the mill boring... lol

When I said it wasn't only you, i mean that you weren't in the relationship alone... that YOU were only part of the equation... the idiot that didn't know what he had- is the other part... there's nothing I can say to make you feel better about yourself, or about men... for the most part I can't stand them myself, but that doesn't mean they are all the generic idiots that we've met along the way. No one says you need a man either, no matter what the age.
bettyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 07:23 AM   #35  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

One of my nightmares is the thought of being in assisted living and being "hit on" by old farts with wandering hands and more. Far too much of that goes on and it is NOT funny for the women.

I'd like to suggest that if we want to continue the aged sex discussion, we start another thread in General Chatter so this thread doesn't get hijacked completely. I'm going to go do that and post the URL here.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=145236

Jay

Last edited by JayEll; 07-01-2008 at 07:27 AM.
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote