Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2002, 04:16 PM   #16  
hangin' in there...

Hey gang, can I still jump on board for this challenge? I started losing about 3 1/2 weeks ago, and am down 11lbs toward my 35lb goal. I'd like to try to squeeze off another 5lbs by Easter, which is just 12 days from now.

You all are terrific inspiration, and it's so true... you can do anything for 2 weeks!
Old 03-19-2002, 08:06 PM   #17  
Empress/Queen

Default Day 3, Part II

I'm still on the bunny path. Making lowfat pseudo-friend chicken from the Foodmover cookbook. It doesn't look promising, but we'll see.

Hello, Gemini, glad you are hopping on board!

Angel-Eyes: Good job at Wal-Mart! You really do get extra points for leaving the fries, too. Your arteries are thanking you! Every healthy lifestyle choice really does pay off in time.

Crone - lose 10, 10 to go
Emily- lose 10, 10 to go
Babette - lose 5, 5 to go
Sheila - lose 5, 5 to go
JoJoJo2 - maintain
Angel-Eyes - lose 5, 5 to go
Momto2Boys - lose 4, 4 to go
Joshie's Mommy - lose 7, 7 to go
Gemini - lose 5, 5 to go
Old 03-20-2002, 08:22 AM   #18  

Gemini....welcome aboard the bunny trail.....where are you from? I am from Masschusetts and as you can tell have 2 boys. What plan are you on for your weight loss journey?

Crone.....how are you getting along now days? Hoping your well on your way to recovery!!!

Angel.....you go girl.....I have a major weakness for french fries.....I dont know as if I could have passed them up and went for "BUNNY FOOD" .... ha ha.....

How is everyone else doing? I am still feeling miserable.....I am all stuffed up and my throat is now getting sore so I have been gargling with salt water....and my eyes are so watery and itchy I cant take much more of looking at this screen.....take care ya'll and have a great day....LisaL
Old 03-20-2002, 10:47 AM   #19  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Wink hello and welcome ......

Hi Ladies and newcomer Gemini. Nice to meet you. Wow...11 lbs already lost....way to go. Please tell us about yourself. What plan are you following? where are you from? Family?...enquiring minds want to know!!.... lol

Mom.....poor you, wish I could come over with some of my famous homemade chicken soup. That would fix you up in no time!! I wuld also give you a break and take the boys off your hands so you could rest.....hey? what are friends for. Hope you take care, and worst case scenerio....maybe lose a little.

Crone....Hope you are going to hear about that job interview soon. Red?...blue?...both are great colours and I'm sure you did a great job answering those questions. There is alot to say about maturity adding to a position rather than "the younger generation". Fingers crossed for you!!

I have been picking myself up and trying to get up over last weeks hurdle of yet another bad weighin. Yuck...and now I have TOM again, after only 2 weeks. Hope everyone is doing well, not much going on here....but am trying to follow my pts and go for a nice half hour morning walk each day. I'm hoping the walks help for a bit of a loss, if not.....at least I'm enjoying them! take care

Last edited by angel-eyes; 03-20-2002 at 11:06 AM.
Old 03-20-2002, 11:08 AM   #20  

Default {{{{Hugs to Angel}}}}

Hey girl....thanks for the nice of thought of someone taking the boys off my hands.....Brent was nice enough last night to make the boys dinner (not that it was too difficult opening a can of spaghetti-os and making a pb&j sandwich) but then he left and went to the Ymca and left me to tend to the boys ,,,, So, I had to get up and get some stuff done that sat around all day waiting on me , bath the boys and get them to bed.....and then I layed on the couch all night long......

Talk to you all soon....LisaL.....(retiring back to the couch and hoping that Kail falls asleep shortly so I can get a nap too)
Old 03-20-2002, 12:40 PM   #21  
hangin' in there...

Thanks for the welcome! Lisa, I live in Townsend, just north of Fitchburg. Where is Cheshire? Is it western Mass?

So, my plan is my own. I spent lots of time researching the popular diets... JC, WW, Atkins, Sugar Busters, etc. WW sounded like the best to me because it teaches you how to eat with real food, but I didn't want to spend the money. So, I'm doing it on my own by counting calories and cutting fat. I don't obsess about the calories, but keep a loose idea in my head of how much I am taking in. I try to keep under 1500/day, and am usually in the 1200 range.

The other thing I've added to my life is exercise. Those of you with kids know the challenge of taking some time for yourself! I tried walking at first, but between the crappy New England spring weather (5 inches yesterday!) and the kids schedules, I was having a hard time being consistent with my exercise. So, I bought a recumbent exercise bike after hearing many 3FC members rave about them. I love it, and the best part is that it tells you how many calories you've burned while riding. So I shoot for a 300-500 calorie burn each day, depending on how I feel and how much time I have.

As for my life, well, I am both a working and stay-at-home-mom. I work part-time evenings and weekends in an emergency room as a student nurse. I am home with the kids, ages 6, 4, and 17months during the day. Daddy gets them when I'm at work.

So, that's me in a nutshell. My big exciting news today is that first, dh told me last night that he was checking out my butt while I was cooking dinner and that it's looking firmer! So, I was excited that he's noticing a change. The other, best news, is that today I am wearing an old pair of size 12 jeans that I haven't had on in years! I've been watching the scale creep backwards over the past few weeks, but am happy to finally see some noticeable results... Yippee!

OK, so probably more than you all ever wanted to know! Sorry so long-winded. Hope everyone else is well. Talk soon...
Old 03-20-2002, 02:47 PM   #22  
Empress/Queen

Default Day 4

Hello All Bunnies! I'm doing well on my fourth streak day and my clothes do feel looser. I'm anxious to see which direction the scale will go on Sunday. Ended yesterday with 1760 calories; exercise was weights (very light) in a.m., walk p.m.

Gemini: Sounds like you have a solid plan that has already shown good results. Congratulations. And I envy you your recumbent bike. I tried one of those and it was very comfortable. I hate regular bikes. It's neat about the jeans! Jeans seem to be very symbolic and confidence producing. I have them in 10 sizes, believe it or not. Good luck on your journey. Hope your weather improves. It's 84 degrees here. Feels chilly, actually!

Momto2: Sorry you are still under the weather. Hopefully, things will get better soon. I am feeling better, too, thanks for asking! Things are still healing a bit, but other than that ...

Angel-Eyes: You are doing a great job of not letting what the scale says throw you off. It's only one indicator, remember, and not the best one at that. It's just a game of roulette that we play. I haven't heard about the job yet or even the story I did on assignment for them. I know the story will be fine, but have my doubts about the job. Maturity is just not a commodity often sought in my business (even though the publisher for whom I would work is older than me). It ought not to be an issue (it's against the law for it to be an issue), but it is. Funny, because I'm more competent now than I was when younger, but then I'm more expensive, too.

"WE CAN DO THIS FOR (LESS THAN) TWO WEEKS!"-Jelynn

Emily- lose 10, 10 to go
Sheila - lose 5, 5 to go
JoJoJo2 - maintain
Gemini - lose 5, 5 to go
Old 03-20-2002, 02:48 PM   #23  
Domestic Engineer

Welcome Jen! Congrats on the size 12 jeans...I know how that is. I have some of my old favorite Gap jeans that fit like a glove that *will* fit again I also SAH with by 2 boys, almost 4 and 17 months. Fun ages

LisaL- hope you are feeling better soon! Mom's just don't have time to be sick-it's not fair. Hope you got that nap!

Angel- WTG for getting skinny bunny food and resisiting those fries!! I am convinced it is choices just like that that strengthen our resolve and make the struggle a little less. Don't worry about the weigh-in (I know easier said than done) Just remember that it *will* happen as long as you are making those good choices (And L@@K! You are!!)

Staci- sorry about your grandfather's death. My only suggestion is to use journaling and exercise as an outlet as opposed to food. I know it will be hard-- vent here if you need to.

Crone- how was your chicken? Hope you are healed and happy

Well, I am on day 3 today...TOM is around the corner and I'm feeling crampy today. I haven't exercised yet, but will...I'm feeling great, why can't we always be motivated-- that is the biggest mystery to me!

Later,

Emily- lose 10, 10 to go
Sheila - lose 5, 5 to go
JoJoJo2 - maintain
Gemini - lose 5, 5 to go
Old 03-20-2002, 05:34 PM   #24  
One day at a time

Default HELLO SUNNY BUNNIES

I'm not feeling so sunny myself. I am so sick, and all 3 girls have been home sick for the last few days. There are so many kids sick that they have closed school for the next couple days, then we have spring break. Hopefully the break will have everyone up and running. me, on the other hand, have to be to work in a half hour.

I forced my way through my workout, I am shaking so bad. but atleast I feel a little better after doing it. Tommorrows my day off so am planning on getting some much needed rest.

hope everyone else is doing good.

sheila
Old 03-21-2002, 07:49 AM   #25  

Gemini.....Cheshire is in western ma yes...I noticed on a map your close to Boston. Its about 3hrs from here. Your life sounds just as hectic as some of us other moms here.....I have a 6yr old and a 16mo old and I rarely find time to do much of anything for myself.....but you sound like your well on your way to a new healthier thin you....good for you....and good for you husband to notice your booty looking better....ha ha...too cute!!

I am feeling even worse today....Sheila...I know how your feeling....Darling Jesse brought it home last week and was out of school for a couple of days.....then Kail got it.....and they are both still holding on to the colds.....now mom has caught it......and I feel like POO POO

Well, I must go get Jesse ready for school and yet again retire to the couch.......take care all.....LisaL

oh yeah...I weighed this moring since it is close to the end of the week when I normally weigh...and I am down a whopping .5 lbs...but its better than nothing I suppose

Emily- lose 10, 10 to go
Sheila - lose 5, 5 to go
JoJoJo2 - maintain
Gemini - lose 5, 5 to go
Old 03-21-2002, 01:06 PM   #26  
hangin' in there...

MomTo2... Actually, I am not close to Boston... about 90 minutes north/west. I am closer to Worcester... only about 25 minutes north. We are right on the NH border, near Nashua.

Sorry you're feeling lousy Sheila.

Well, I weighed in last night... no loss, but no gain. All in all, ok considering I splurged on St. Patty's Day. Also, TOM due to arrive within the week. Still shooting for my 5lbs by Easter, though.

Hope everyone is well. Talk soon...
Old 03-21-2002, 01:59 PM   #27  

Gemini......Nashua....Love it there.....I love Portsmouth too.....cant believe how downhill it has gone since I first started giong there....my sister and her husband lived on Peese AFB and I used to go there during the summers....now so much has closed up along with the AFB.....we used to camp in Salisbury a lot before the days of having kids.....Worcester....not sure how far that is from us.....I know we are about an hour north of Springfield if that helps you out....LOL....just moved here last summer so I am not sure of all the bigger city areas yet......!!!

Well, I think I have almost overdosed on orange juice if that is possible......ha ha....I have drank a gallon of OJ since last night at 6pm.....but anyhow....I am slowly feeling better off and on......and hopefully this darn cold will not come full force.....I gotta close for now.....I am contemplating going to the market for some more juice and I promised hubby I would make him lasagna on his birthday(which was yesterday when I felt the worst)....and I figure since I feel ok I might as well get it out of the way with......( cant figure out why my lasagna is such an award winner with family, and my corn chowder and roast beef.....but they all like it......and if my MIL says its better than hers....I have succeeded.....ha ha ha)

Take care ya'll...LisaL
Old 03-21-2002, 02:12 PM   #28  
hangin' in there...

Ahhhhhh, Lisa... I just checked out Cheshire on mapquest. You are almost a straight line (3 hours) west of me... route 2 all the way! My dh went to college in North Adams, not far from you. Hope you are feeling better. Have you ever tried zinc tablets? I love zinc for warding off sickness.
Old 03-21-2002, 07:05 PM   #29  
Empress/Queen

Default Day 5

Hello Bunny Patrol! No time to hip-hop around, just to say I'm noticing how great everyone is doing though sidelined by viruses ... I think everyone here has it, too, and it is somewhat warm today (91) and no cold to kill off the bugs!

I'm ok on my streak, ended yesterday with 1795 calories; a.m. slow walk of 20 minutes; 60 minutes of very easy and careful aerobics with my left knee left out of the action. Did weights this a.m. ... still light with my right wrist left out of the action. The rest of me is doing great.

Momto2: A half a pound is a certifiable loss ... that's good. Hope you don't mind but I'm updating that on the list ... yours is the first loss reported by the wandering bunnies:

Emily- lose 10, 10 to go
Sheila - lose 5, 5 to go
JoJoJo2 - maintain
Momto2Boys - lose 4, 3.5 to go
Gemini - lose 5, 5 to go

Jelynn: The RS Foodmover pseudo fried chicken was really good. I froze some for later. Old Dog really liked it, too!

Everyone: On my way to a meeting. Got to go. Have a great night, Slim Super Slender Sunny Bunny challengers! Hope everyone feels better soon.
Old 03-22-2002, 09:54 AM   #30  

Hello all,

Thank you all for your condolences & support...truly needed & much appreciated.

Don't have much time...I just popped in to post that I weighed in this morning & was down 3 pounds...Hooray...so that leaves 4 to go by Easter...I think I can I think I can I think I can I think I can...I'm going to give it my best shot anyway. I have only been getting in one excercise session a day...if that...due to time & everything that's been going on...but I'm looking forward to getting back to walking in the evenings...hoping to be able to start again Sunday if time allows...& I'm sure that will help. With everything that's been happening...my grandpa's death, trying to plan the funeral, (as if that wasn't ENOUGH stress)...I am also in the middle of trying to refinance my house...supposed to be signing the papers today...PLUS on top of that my son has been sick all week as well...and my DH means well but basically is just driving me INSANE...Well let's just say I have had the week from ****, ok?

Anyway I need to run, thanks to all for letting me vent.

Staci

270/236/140??

Emily- lose 10, 10 to go
Sheila - lose 5, 5 to go
JoJoJo2 - maintain
Momto2Boys - lose 4, 3.5 to go
Joshie's Mommy - lose 7, 4 to go
Gemini - lose 5, 5 to go
Closed Thread