Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2002, 05:16 AM   #1  
Progress..not perfection

Thumbs down 300+ And Ready to Try Again..........#144

WELCOME

We are a group of people who are working together to lose our excess weight.
We are on different plans and are of different sizes.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts

WELCOME!
Old 03-17-2002, 05:34 AM   #2  
Progress..not perfection

Wink Hey gals

Good morning Everyone! Still kinda early for me yet to post a recipe. Actually, haven't drug out the ol' recipe book yet.....will do that later and try to find you guys something good. Just wanted to hop in real quick to tell all my friends I hope you have a WONDERFUL day and give you some flowers!
Old 03-17-2002, 08:43 AM   #3  
Progress..not perfection

Talking Oops.....I almost forgot.........

Happy St. Patrick's Day!
Old 03-17-2002, 09:23 AM   #4  
Michigan Old-Timer

Good morning everyone! Well, I guess we had our Surprise Party by ourselves yesterday. I left messages everywhere and I guess Syn didn't get any of them because I haven't gotten a response, nor has she posted here. I will keep trying. But it's good we had a nice time anyway.

I hope to be back OP today. I did venture to get on the scale Friday when I went to the other WW meeting, it was NOT good news! Worse in fact that any of you have done, so I won't even tell you. Now I'm hoping that I can at least get down a 1/2 pound from Friday's weight for Monday morning. Geez-o-weez, do you think I even have a chance???

Baylee: Glad you stopped by last night. You sure must be busy!

Tina: Thanks for starting the new thread.....again. We're coming to rely on you to do it.

I'm going to run. The house is quiet cuz everyone is still in bed so I get to watch another 'chic flic'. This time it's Coyote Ugly. See ya all later.

"I base most of my fashion taste on what doesn't itch." - Gilda Radner
Old 03-17-2002, 09:36 AM   #5  
Dancing those pounds away

Talking

TOP OF THE MORNIN TO YOU !!!!!!

Hope you are all wearing your green today.
I think it is appropriate that the BIG smilie is GREEN.
I hope you all have the luck of the Irish with you today.

My nephew and his wife are having their adopted baby born today.
It is an open adoption and they get to be in the delivery room when she is born. My parents thought they would never see GREAT-grandchildren... and this will make their 5th.....all in less than 2 years. The last three within 3 months. LOL

Hey... since it is St Pattys Day... maybe we should have our recipes be GREEN foods ???
OR... it could be recipes that make us GREEN with envy !!! LOL
I am not Irish... are there any traditions we should all know about.??

Here is the closest thing to a recipe that I can cook....
Open a can of green beans... put in a pan.. heat n serve.
I will see if I can't do better than that. LOL

As for the rest of you.... just drop in and pay us a visit... no recipes are required. LOL We just want to see your smiling little faces in here.

Oooppss.. sorry... I still havent had time to fix color on my pics... but I had to leave something Irish.

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 03-17-2002 at 09:43 AM.
Old 03-17-2002, 10:16 AM   #6  
a work in progress...

Default Top o' the mornin'!

Happy St Patrick's Day!

How about a green post instead, 2 cute? Or, here's my green recipe...open a bag of salad, serve. I'm about as talented as you in the food prep dept! My dh plans on making corned beef and cabbage later today...I'm really not a big fan of that, so I shouldn't have a problem restraining myself... I do have a christening to attend today, non Irish folk, so there will be NO Irish music I loaded up the cd player with all Irish tunes, so I'm getting my fix as I type away this morning! I wish I knew how, I'd be posting shamrocks all over for you guys...

We entered a contest last week, to win a trip for four to the Emerald Isle, the drawing is today...wouldn't that be grand if we won? We do plan on going next year anyway, for our 20th anniversary and daughter's HS graduation...but I wouldn't mind someone ELSE paying for it!

Wow, it looks like I missed a good party yesterday!! So did the guest of honor, apparently! I hope she gets a chance to see her good wishes!

Tina, ANOTHER cute picture!! How long have you and your honey been TWOgether? What is Krystal's, fast food? I'm a former Burger King gal myself!

I want to post to each and every one one of you, but I have lost two previous attempts and just don't have the time anymore...I have to go buy a gift for the baby's christening...yeah that's right, I am a last minute lady for sure!

Have a great day everyone!

Here's an Irish blessing for you all...

"May the road rise up to meet you,
May the wind always be at your back,
May you be in heaven a half an hour before the devil knows you're dead!"

Last edited by katrinabgood; 03-17-2002 at 10:20 AM.
Old 03-17-2002, 02:42 PM   #7  

It is a chaotic day. I'm pretty much just waiting for it to be over. I can't get organized. Nothing is getting done cuz my back still hurts which is screwing up my routine. The kids are making me nuts BIG TIME!! I'm bored, bored, bored, and find myself just munching my way through the day. I've not been too good the past 3 days. I just want my back to stop hurting. If I could just get up and moving, I'd be doing SO much better. Amazing how one little tweak in the back can mess up you life.

I have been pondering something, however. I wonder if I will ever be happy with how I look. My own image has been distorted for so long, I will probably never see me for how I really look. Last year when I got down to this weight I thought I looked fabulous and that I would be happy just to stay under 200 pounds. Now, at 189, I feel as fat as I ever did. I don't think I look good anymore. So what if I lose another 40 pounds? I'll probably think I look fabulous at first, but how long will it be before the old image catches up with me?? Or maybe I will find other things to nit pick, like stretch marks or loose skin. Cottage cheese thighs maybe? Will I ever REALLY be satisified??

Do you all wonder the same things???

Anyhoo, I'll be back later.
Jen
Old 03-17-2002, 04:12 PM   #8  
Syn
ONE BITE AT A TIME*Loser*

Thank You Thank You !

I have a stupid lump in my throat! What a nice bunch of birthday wishes! God Bless You all.

I don't have much to say except thank you again for making my b'day special.

I haven't been around much. I am in transition just now and my moods alternate between joy in new freedom and terror of the future. I best explain... Some of you know have left my marriage of over 30 years and am on my own for the first time since I was a teenager. It is a strange time in my life. I left an unhealthy and very controling environment...From a 5 bedroom/3 bathroom home with a large yard etc I am now in a 2 room efficancy apartment about 7 -8 hours from my former home.( I am now even farther NORTH!!!) I left most of my belongings behind, but did manage to bring out my computer, tv /vcr, my grandparents antique mantel clock, and an antique hanging keresone lamp with reflector etc...some quilts, and bed linens, and a few basic pots and pans and I quickly stuffed some groceries and boxed goods in a garbage bag...I even remembered my stock pot ( I love TT's Taco Soup). lol I got out lots of photo albums and an antique love seat, a small table and 2 chairs and a sleeper sofa and an air mattress...all this in just a few minutes and an Amish made rocker.And some clothes..SO I think I did pretty darn good....My brother brought his truck and I had my little old trusty voyager van....2 friends and my brother and his wife packed me up and I was out of there is a very short order!!

I am just plain numb but at the same time excited.

Because of my belief that marriage is a sacrament I have stayed and stayed in a marriage where I was devalued...No matter what I did it was never good enough, nor were my ideas or thoughts of any merit.

I always made excuses for my spouse and finally realized that "I couldn't fix things" and perhaps, just perhaps, I am ok...it was he that needed some attitude adjustment. He got really angry and demeaning when I refused to do something that was against my judgement and told me he was kicking my A-- out and seeing a divorce lawyer the next day..I asked him several times if he was sure this is what he wanted and if he really meant it...I added that if I left it would be forever...So I left.

So far there has been no letter from a lawyer regarding a divorce so I contacted a woman atty last week and will be mailing her retainer out tomorrow...the divorce will be happening! I have been pretty upset and pretty scared and God bless my kids and friends, and brother. One daughter has scheduled a make over and hair cut style and color ( never ever have I colored my hair) pedicure, manicure etc...for me...another daughter has contacted a Mary Kay rep to give me the works for make up and skin care...
My brother and sis in law took me to a furniture store and made me choose a decent bed and dresser for myself for a b'day present. Then they took me out to dinner. Everyone is encouraging me and applauding my decision leave such an unhealthy home. Now I have to figure out what to do with the rest of my life.
By now I have bored all of you half to death I am sure.....
I apologize for that.

I have been working with counselors and attending support groups with others who have had simular experiences..It will be a long time before I lose the guilt and gain back some self esteem. I have been getting the validation I have needed for so long that I am a worthwhile person, and I didn't deserve being treated like I was. It is going to be a slow healing process and a lot of work, but I am worth it. ( so they tell me)

Thank you all for being here for me...Your kindness has meant more than you will ever know. I am sorry I haven't been around 3fc much..but I just haven't felt that I would be contributing much.
Just wait til I get my poop in a group I will be full of beans then!! Watch out world!!

Sorry for the length of this post...But I wanted to be honest with you all. I have some very bad days and some better ones dealing with all this so that is why I am not hanging around much...I promise I will try to do better about posting.

Until then...............
Old 03-17-2002, 05:43 PM   #9  
Progress..not perfection

Unhappy Where is everybody?

Hey guys! Where is everyone today? It seems like our threads go in spurts. With one thread, you blink and it's full and the next one takes a couple of days to fill. Oh well.......just me in my ol' lonesome state today....please excuse!

On to other things.............once again, Happy St. Patrick's Day. My contribution to green today is eating broccoli. Well, broccoli and ff cheese. Gotta love that plastic cheese. Yuummmm! But seriously, found a really simple recipe that I'll share with you and I haven't made it in awhile, but it was pretty good.

WW Vegetable Dip

* 1 cup plain nonfat yogurt
* 1 tbsp. dehydrated onion flakes
* 1 pkg. dry salad dressing mix (Hidden Valley or Good Seasons)

Combine salad dressing mix with yogurt & onion flakes. Let set in fridge for 2 hrs. Serve with vegetables.

Entire recipe counts as 2 points and makes a pretty good amount of dip.

Syn: You are so worth it! I will not even pretend to know where your coming from, because fortunately, God has blessed me with a wonderful DH who loves me just like I am. Thank goodness though, for if he wasn't as wonderful as he is, I wouldn't have made it probably. I had a terrible childhood. I will not go into great details, because it is something I have risen above, but my father and I barely speak to one another. My whole entire life, he made fun of me and made me feel worthless. And I guess you can only imagine how that feels when it comes from someone who is supossed to love you unconditionally. I have never been a skinny mini, perhaps just 20-25 pounds overweight growing up, but he never missed an opportunity to let me know it. I can't count the times he waited till we were having a family gathering, (Christmas, Thanksgiving, etc.) and greeted me by saying, "Hello Fats!" in front of the entire family or something equally demeaning like, "Well, I see WW hasn't done you any good." Things like that. He always made me feel that I would never find a boyfriend and I would never be anything but a fat slob. He also liked to keep me at home and I wasn't allowed to attend slumber parties, school dances and things of this nature. I am 32 years old and to this day, I will never forget his response when I was literally begging him to let me go to my sophomore prom..........he said, "I don't know why any boy would want to go with you anyway, your so fat and ugly." Oh, how those words still hurt. Never mind that most of the time it was the alcohol talking, as he is a fall down drunk, you just can't rationalize that when your a 16 year old girl wanting to go to your first dance. And he still makes fun of me to this day. But anyways, didn't want to make this about me......just to tell you in a way, I understand. But I broke out and married a wonderful man and now you have broken out too! The situation is a little different, but none the less---you are free. You have faced down the devil and you have won. And you may have to face him again...............but you will win. We are your friends and biggest supporters. Anytime you need a pick me up or just to vent, we will be here. Just being here is a contribution. You are in my prayers. Please come back and let us know how you are doing.

Jen: I think because we have been unhappy with ourselves for so long, we just don't know how to feel happy with our body anymore. I feel so different now, even though I've only lost 24 pounds, but still look in the mirror and am disgusted so often. The real truth is............I was NOT a super model before I gained all the weight and I WON'T be a super model after I lose the weight. BUT.......I will be healthier and I will LIVE to see my children grow up and I might actually get to do some things with them that I haven't been able to do with them up to this point. I want them to have a mom that can walk more than halfway through the mall without having to stop and sit on a bench to rest. We will never be perfect, but we can be healthy. Keep your chin up girl!

Kat: Good luck with the drawing for the trip today! Hope you win! And yes, Krystal is a fast food restaurant. They make these little square hamburgers that are to die for! But at 4 points apiece, I try my best to steer clear of them!

2cute: Your so funny. You always make me laugh! You know what the best part of my day was? I made sure I had green on and that the boys didn't just so I could pinch them both!!!! Am I a mean mom or what??

Thin: Loooooove Coyote Ugly! You inspired me on that one and I drug it out from all the tapes collecting dust in my entertainment center and watched it. Of course looking at all those beautiful ladies jumping and dancing around make me want to puke, but that is another story!
Now, here is a pick me up for you.......{{{{{pick Thin up}}}}} Jump back on the bandwagon ol' girl and remembered why you joined WW in the first place......to be healthy. Sit down and make you a list of all the reasons why you want to lose this weight and a list of all the things you can't do now and want to do. Just actually sitting down and writing it out will help. I hope you don't think I'm being pushy, but I love ya and want to see you back on track. Lord only knows how many times you have helped me with your advice. Have a good OP day!

Well, I guess I have run the old yap long enough. For those of you I didn't address, I'm sorry, but the ol' fingers are cramping up. Hope you all have a wonderful day & I'll check back with you later!
Old 03-17-2002, 08:15 PM   #10  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hey everyone! I hope your day is going well.

DH and I took my mom out to the old furniture store today and found her one of those 'lift' recliners, the ones that lift you up so it's easier to get out of. She is in 7th Heaven. I do have a pet peeve though, dang am I bad.....the salesman offered us their fabric protection for $39. I told him we didn't need it, he kept on. My mom told him she lives by herself and didn't need it, he kept on some more. I told him again that we didn't need it and he said ok, that he'd be right back. He came back alright......with another salesman! The first guy introduces the second guy and I said, "Oh yeah, I've seen this team sales approach and I still really don't need the fabric protection." The second guy goes on and on trying to sell it. By this time my DH is just waiting......he knows me too well. (He said later that he almost interrupted the guy and told him that he would do well to leave now and not say another word, but DH was in a good mood too and figured he would let the guy finish cuz he knew that I would let the guy have it.) So I was polite.....I let the guy finish....and then I asked him if he wanted to know what I really thought? The stupid fool said yes! So I proceeded to tell him that had my mother not really liked this chair, and really needed this chair for her knees, and me not knowing exactly where else I could find this chair....I would be walking out the door. That I didn't appreciate the 'gang up on them until they cave and say yes' approach of salesmen and that I wasn't sure how many ways a customer had to say no, but that I had already tried four ways and obviously none of them had worked thusfar. I told him if he didn't want to lose the sale that he had better trot off and write it up, as I was losing my patience! YIKES! I know you guys didn't need to hear all that, but DANG! I was really PO'd!!!

My green recipe is similar to 2cute's but I don't use canned veggies so......open a bag of Freshlike frozen peas, put in pan with a little water, bring to a boil and turn the water off when all the ice crystals are gone (I hate mushy peas!)

AN IRISH FRIENDSHIP WISH!

May there always be work for your hands to do;
May your purse always hold a coin or two;
May the sun always shine on your windowpane;
May a rainbow be certain to follow each rain;
May the hand of a friend always be near you;
May! God fill your heart with gladness to cheer you.

2cute: That is so nice about the new baby coming today. I hope all went well for them. * How are your folks doing? Holding their own, I hope.

Katrina: I liked your salad recipe. I have that one and use it all the time! Did your name get pulled? Did your name get pulled? I just know we're in the midst of winners!!!

Jen: Sorry the back is still bothering you so bad. I was hoping it would be easing up by now. * It's funny you mentioned the stuff about ever being happy with ourselves. I suppose my feelings really translate to that too, but what I find myself thinking is in relation to everyone else. I am sooooo weird! I'm tolerant and non judgemental to large people, average people, most people. But when it comes to skinny people, I seem to be picking them apart. For instance, DH and I went to a wedding last weekend. There was a girl in attendance, cute, very thin. She was wearing a pair of hip hugger black pants and a black sparkly top that bared her middriff, slightly. Now mind you, the girl was very thin....but she had a little pot belly. And my thoughts instantly turned to 'my gosh, I wouldn't be wearing that outfit with that little pot belly handing out!' What is the matter with me???? And does that translate that into I will never be happy with my looks no matter how thin I become? Probably.

Syn: I'm glad you got here to see how much we all love and miss you. [[[[hugs]]]] What nice birthday presents you received! A new you is just around the corner. Enjoy!

Tina: I'm glad you like Coyote Ugly too. I don't think about them being skinny minnies, the movie just makes me want to get up and move. Someday I might even decide to get up out of the chair and do it.

Well girls, I'm gonna go sit in front of the tube for a little while. The Practice is on tonight. I think I'll get up for each commercial and do a couple of loads of laundry so the whole weekend isn't a bust!

Oh, I did find a recipe for you guys. It's not green and I think I probably posted it a long time ago, but it is truly one of my favorites from now through summer.

Strawberry Pie

4 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
1 small pkg. cook and serve, sugar free Vanilla Pudding
1 small pkg. FF, sugar free, strawberry jello
2 cups water

Place berries in a deep dish pie plate. Mix water with jello and pudding powder in a saucepan and stir well. Put on stove and bring to a boil. Boil for 1 minute. Take off stove and pour over fruit. Chill until firm.

1/4 of pie = 1 WW point, also counts as one fruit serving

Note: This thickens up so much that you can actually cut it and serve it with a dollup of FF Cool Whip and it will sit on the plate like a piece of pie. If you are having company or feel the need for a crust, use a reduced fat Graham Cracker crust and add the points/calories accordingly.

"If only we'd stop trying to be happy, we could have a pretty good time." - Edith Wharton

Last edited by thinthinker; 03-17-2002 at 08:26 PM.
Old 03-17-2002, 08:40 PM   #11  
Michigan Old-Timer

I brought Lona over here so no one would miss her and we could all respond to her.

wackoyako wrote: 03-17-2002 06:19 PM

Hope I made it ...
Could you please let me know if I made it ... I would really appreciate I am new and I sure think Im lost lol

Old 03-17-2002, 08:41 PM   #12  
Michigan Old-Timer

Lona: Hope you found this and my Private Message to you with directions. You'll get the hang of it sooner or later. Don't worry about it, we were all 'new' once!
Old 03-17-2002, 10:05 PM   #13  

Happy St. Patrick's day!

Syn, I was happy to hear from you. The sound of freedom. It took amazing amount of courage to do what you did. You have a loving family and friends here who love you for yourself.

"Every day is a gift. Treat it kindly. Share it with joy." ----Anonymous.

Tina, I'm sorry about your dad. Some of my family members are like that too. They don't feel good about themselves and like to make other's life miserable. I remember once driving my parents to a dinner. I had a smile on my face, feeling happy, listening to music and enjoying the drive. And my dad telling me why are you so happy--you have nothing, you are nothing. Why did I bring that up? All I have is a lump in my throat once again. He's no longer on this earth, but the memory is vivid. You like Syn have broken free. I'm not so fortunate, my youth is gone, sucked away by unhappy people. You're right though, alcoholism was the culprit.

Well I better get off here and do something constructive,
Malia
Old 03-18-2002, 02:31 AM   #14  

Talking I have been PRODUCTIVE today !!!!!

Good evening or good morning ... whichever fits. LOL

You would all be soooo proud of me. I have been cleaning paper crud all the way back to 1998 !!!!
I told you that I have a procrastination problem when it come to "paperwork".
I got all my tax work done that I can do ... and I can now turn it over for the auditor to finish up. My husband is part owner in his business so it gets too complicated for me. But I do have all of our personal stuff done. Wow.. was it a mess going through sooooo much paper. I had 98% of the important stuff put properly in it's place ... but that 2% was quite a job to find.

Here is my GREEN recipe for Sunday... Open a box of Lime Jell-O and mix with 1 cup hot water and 1 cup of cold. ...chill .
Now here is a recipe to save you some green (money) if you buy those egg beaters. I got it from a WW speaker.

10 whole eggs
2 egg whites
1 Tsp. Canola oil
yellow food coloring
Mix and store in fridge.
1/2 cup = 1 serving

Sample ... cook egg serving and put on toasted muffin with 1oz Lean ham and small amount of FF cheese.

Kat.... a husband that cooks... you better hang onto him. LOL
Mine does grill in the summer... and occasionally he even cooks himself bacon and eggs. LOL

Malia... Do you remember which thread had your picture in it? I have looked all the way back to 136 and can't find it.

Jen...You asked.....Will you ever be satisfied???? Don't put the cart ahead of the horse. Just take it one day at a time. No one knows how we will react ....until we get there. But I do understand what you are saying. START TODAY with positive affirmations. "I am healthier and thinner today than I was before and for that I am grateful"
Attitude of gratitude. It doesn't always come naturally. It has to be cultivated. Practice makes progress.

Syn.... So happy you came and visited. We are here for you.
I joined a support group when my husband left me. I learned a lot there. Soak up that unconditional acceptance they give.
I wish I could tell you it will get easier with time. Some days it will... but some days will be **** !!! But you can overcome. You are a strong woman.... it took a strong woman to do what you have done... You can and WILL be healthier outside of an unhealthy relationship. It will take time... lots of it. But hang in there.... YES, YOU ARE WORTH IT !!!!

Tina... I pinched my daughter too.... we are little devils aren't we. LOL

Thin...You sounded pretty nice considering...LOL
I just hate salesmen. I can see you steaming... LOL
You pie sounds yummy.

Baylee...I don't know the babys name yet. Her middle name will be her natural mothers name. I don't even know how big or anything. I imagine it will be a couple of days before I hear from them... they are in another state than me.

Lona.. hope you find us. Keep trying. I got lost all the time when I was new. It will get easier.

Well, ladies... I still have a mess to clean up... I just wanted to check in.
I feel very good about all I have done.... I just wish I didn't have sooooo far to go still to get this paper trail into control. Kind like the amount of weight I have to lose..... Overwhelming ... but doable .. one day, one pound, one paper at a time.

I have my Motivation Monday quote... it fits tonight.

"Happiness is not found by getting everything you want...
...Happiness is found by appreciating everything you have."

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 03-18-2002 at 02:38 AM.
Old 03-18-2002, 05:17 AM   #15  

Question He loves me... he loves me not ??

Good morning again. I have been up all night.
Busy busy busy. I am going to see my parents and I am trying to get caught up around here....
that and I drank probably 7 glasses of ice tea. !!!!
That will wake you up !!!! LOL

Anyway.... Don't tell my Darling hubby... BUT ... I have two men after my affections. I don't know what to do about it. They keep tempting me with sweet nothings.... luring me to their little corner. Some of you may know them..... Ben and Jerry!!!
I have stood faithful... but it is late... I am alone... it would be our little secret .

OKAY.... Okay .... I hear you.

Get My Rear in Gear ... and out of the kitchen.
Closed Thread