Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2002, 07:58 AM   #16  

Happy Monday!

Here is the motivation that resonated with me today:

"I will...until." - Brian Tracy

Brief and to the point.

I was gone yesterday and have a bunch of posts to catch up on.

Later....
Old 03-18-2002, 08:29 AM   #17  
You and Me in 2003

Good Monday morning all
Sorry I didn't post yesterday did you miss me?
DH and I went to see Time Machine Sat. It was ok but I have seen better.

Syn: glad you came back hope you stay around

welcome to all the newbies.

I am still working on my research job so I'll be busy today and I have been pulling stuff out for the yard sale.
Old 03-18-2002, 10:38 AM   #18  
a work in progress...

Default Monday, Monday...

Hey all...

It is a drizzly, dreary day here...GREAT sleeping weather, but I have too much to do! I survived my two parties yesterday, I'm happy to say...Still waiting for that call about winning my trip!

SYN...so happy you made it! You've got a lot on your plate right now, but I know you are going to make it! Your family sounds so supportive, what sweet daughters! I admire your courage. Please feel free to come here ANYTIME and unload, vent, rant, whatever...you haven't bored me, you've given me a lesson in courage and determination!

THIN...Way to go, girl! What really pisses me off about these sales tactics is that they see the customer as just being so stupid, that they will eventually fall for the line of bull and buy...OR buy whatever just to shut them up...Score one for our side!!

TINA...I had tears in my eyes reading your post...Be proud of yourself, despite the horrible messages you got from your father, you are a lovely, sweet, funny, caring young woman. And you DID get one thing from him...lessons in how NOT to raise your children.

MALIA...you brought tears to my eyes too...I guess the common theme of alcoholism in families has touched a chord here...It's amazing how we remember every hurtful word ever hurled at us, but manage to downplay or forget any of the nice ones...that's why WE must be nice to ourselves...positive daily affirmations...we deserve it!

GRANNIE...My dh & son saw that yesterday...dh said the same thing...ok, but could have saved a lot of money by renting it when it comes out on video...I hate wasting money on a "so so" movie...

2CUTE...Good analogy, the paper piles and the weight...I have a jam packed file cabinet in the garage that I REALLY need to attend to...haven't filed in there in years, cuz there's just no room! This will be the year to clean both out...the file cabinet and the bod!

LUCKY...come on, catch up, girl! I have a nice "Simple Abundance" quote for the end of this post.

JEN...is anyone EVER truly satisfied with their appearance? Even the most beautiful women must work at maintaining their good looks...we are a continuing "work in progress!" Try seeing yourself as your dh sees you...you know when he gets back you are going to look FABULOUS to him, no matter what you may think! Whenever I am having an "I feel ugly/fat day," I hold my head up high, straighten up my posture, and fake an attitude of self assurance that I really don't have...I may know I'm faking, but nobody else has to know! And you know what? The more I do my little charade, the better I really do feel about myself!

BAYLEE...get those CEU's girl! My friend inadvertently let her license lapse and what **** and $$$ she had to go through to have it reinstated! What kind of nursing do you do? I'm just curious, I work in a hospital (unit secretary).

LONA...hope you find us ok...

Did I forget anyone? I hope not, my apologies if I did...I'm off to pay some bills, tidy up a little and my sister wants me to try a session at "Curves" with her...any one have any experience with this exercise program? My sister in law lost quite a few inches in one month...will check it out and report back.

For "Motivation Monday" I took this from "Simple Abundance." This is the passage for March 18...

Awakening Sleeping Beauty

We are the hero of our own story. ---Mary McCarthy

In every one of us the lies a sleeping beauty waiting to be awakened through love. Because she has slumbered so long, she must be awakened very gently. But instead of waiting for Prince Charming to storm the palace gates, you must summon the magic powers of your authentic self to break any cruel enchantment that has left you unaware of your own glory.

It is time to awaken, sleeping beauty. Your creativity, imagination, and authentic sense of style are far superior to any sorcerer's spell, no matter how strong. "One can never change the past, only the hold it has on you," Merle Shain assures us, "and while nothing in your life is reversible, you can reverse it nevertheless."

Have a good Monday, my friends...
Old 03-18-2002, 11:08 AM   #19  

Good morning,

I started my day (since I slept in, no time for aerobics) with a weigh-in and measuring:

date............1/13/02........... 2/23/02..........3/18/02
weight............249..................245........ .........243
up chest.........43....................42.5.......... ......41.5
chest..............49....................48.5..... ............48
midriff.............46....................44.5.... .............43
waist..............43.5.................43.5...... ...........42
stomach.........52.5..................52.......... .........50.5
hips................48.5..................49...... .............47.5
l/r thigh........26.5/27.............26/26..............26/26.5
l/r calf...........17.5/18..........17.5/17.5...........17.5/18
l/r arms......15.75/15.25.....15.25/15.25.......15.25/15

Thank you for the loss. Two pounds and a loss of 7 1/4 inches from my last measurement. Overall from my January weigh-in: lost 6lbs and a total of 11.5 inches. My much needed center area got some reduction

2cute, my picture self-destructed after a few days. I deleted it. I don't want to push my luck with the internet.

Kat, I'm a washout with the 21blockade, but I'll give it a whirl today. My pounds are not falling off. It's frustrating. I'll be trying thin's wendie plan today. Alternating caloric intake every day.

I need to get ready for work. Have a great day.
Malia
Old 03-18-2002, 12:53 PM   #20  

Mornin' Ladies!

Well, I'm a bit grumpy cuz my back isn't all better yet. It feels some better, but when i tried to do some aerobics this morning, it was still too much. GRRR! I'm so mad. I really WANTED to do my exercise. It's become part of my morning routine. I'm motivated to keep going with it for ONCE in my life and I CAN'T!! ARGH!!!! I ordered some new exercise/body sculpting videos that should be here Wednesday, so lets just keep our fingers crossed that I'll be all better by then so I can try them out!! Otherwise, so far so good with the food today.

SYN: Don't think for a minute that any of us were "bored" with your post. I find you inspiring!! I was just sitting here cheering for you while I read it! You are dealing with SO MUCH right now and I think you're doing fantastic! I'm so happy for you for taking charge and finally living your life for YOU!!

2Cute: Don't be fooled by those Ben & Jerry guys! They don't really love you! I know. I broke off my relationship with them months ago. Yes, it was hard at first. I would bump into them in the store quite often, and they would beg me to take them home with me. I said to them"Our love is a false and forbidden love" and left them in the cold. I don't see them very often anymore. They never really loved me anyway. They are making their rounds with the other ladies. What a couple of players!!

TT: Aren't we awful?? I do the same thing. I always snipe at the skinny chicks. And you sound a lot like me when it come to annoying, pushy people! When somebody start in on me with a sales pitch and won't back down, my husband takes a step back and lets me go to work on 'em!!

Malia: WOW!! I think that's great progress since only January! But I'm like you in the sense that I'm impatient and I want to see results. DRAMATIC results and I want them NOW!!

Just a quick hello to everyone else out there today!! Hope everyone is having a great day!!
I'll talk at ya later,
Jen
Old 03-18-2002, 08:04 PM   #21  
You and Me in 2003

Unhappy

Where is everyone I'm lonesome. Today has been ok nothing great. I got a hunger streak this afternoon and ate a pbj, chips and skim milk. after eating a good lunch. Oh well tomorrow is another day.
Old 03-18-2002, 08:52 PM   #22  

I think I had daffodil poisioning today. The bank bought all of these daffodils for everyones desk and by 2 my head felt swollen and I could hardly see. I moved them off of my desk and my head immediately began to clear up...who would have thought?????

I went to my Uncles for his birthday after work so have a ton of things to do. I won't be catching up tonight, Kat..... Do you do the daily Simple Abundance book? I have the workbook too but haven't really touched it.

I also had this thought today - "Do I really want to lose this weight?" Wouldn't it be easier to just be this size and live with it....no more worrying about what I eat. (maybe it's just the daffodil's talking)
Old 03-18-2002, 11:48 PM   #23  

Smile I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello Everyone

I hope that you all are doing well.

I was @ work today and I decided that I was coming home to exercise. The first time that I honestly exercised in about 3 years. I just decided that I was going to do it. Even though I felt a little winded. It felt good. Tomorrow, I will do the drinking of water and eating right.

Thank you for being there.

Tammara
Old 03-19-2002, 12:53 AM   #24  

Hi everyone,

Day 1 of my 21 block doink. I'm trying the wendie plan. Alternating caloric intake with days of minimal and hard exercise. I feel good. I ate 1400 calories and exercised to RS sweatin to oldies I.

Lucky, daffodil poisoning? I have the same problem with tuberose. Yuck. I'll get a lump in my throat with a whiff of it.

Do any of you do yoga? I'm thinking of getting the Yoga for Dummies. Anything for relaxation.

I'm fading out. See you all tomorrow,
Malia
Old 03-19-2002, 01:10 AM   #25  
Progress..not perfection

Thumbs down Just a quick stop by........

I have to type really really fast before I'm discovered. I'm typing illegally! I used to do alot of my posting while I was at work, which I am right now, but someone messed my boss's computer up one day and she has a sticky note on her monitor now that says, "Don't use my computer!" But..........if that sticky note just happened to fall off and I just didn't happen to see it............oh who am I kidding?
I can't hardly go a day now without posting. If I don't, I don't feel right that day. I would love to respond to everyone individually, but I just don't have time. As it is, I am counting on the confidentiality of my co-worker not to tell on me!
Today has been pretty good. Slept most of the day away, so I'm not real proud of that. I was off glorious Friday and Saturday and got the most out of those days that I could and when I went back to work Sunday night, I could really tell it when I got home. I was a big fat sleeping slob all day and I loooooved it!!
Anyways, I will go for now......just had to stop in to say Hi and let you know I was thinking of you all. Will be back tomorrow when I have more time. {{{{Hugs!}}}}
Old 03-19-2002, 07:51 AM   #26  

Tina Congrats on sleeping all day....sometimes we need that too. I sure hope you don't get "caught" posting here....I would miss you.

Malia I had that in my throat too...it was scary and the thing that finally got me to move those darn flowers. I have never had anything like that happen before but it was not a pleasant experience.
I have and intend to do yoga. I love it but ........... It is very relaxing and makes me feel better. So why don't I do it? I was doing it regularily in my thinner years and took classes on it. Which I think just reminded me why I don't do it now. I think of yoga as a "thin" thing to do. Thanks a million, Malia, for asking about yoga. Responding to you has brought about a revelation for me. I have been resisting it because I think it is for thin people but not any more!!!!!
Old 03-19-2002, 08:17 AM   #27  

Kat, while reading todays Simple Abundance I read the quote for tomorrow because I love Marianne Williamson...I loved the quote, did you?
Old 03-19-2002, 09:38 AM   #28  

Smile Hope I found ya !

I hope I found ya ! Let me know if I did .... I am so wanting to post to your group ... I went to the very top and clicked on this but you probably moved again :::::::sigh:::::::: Just my luck lol day late n a dollar short !
Old 03-19-2002, 10:36 AM   #29  

Lona: YES!! You found us. Ususally somebody will post something at the end like "DON'T POST HERE, GO TO>>>" and then they'll put the new thread number. We usually move after we get about 3 pages long. So you go right ahead an start posting!!

Well, still no exercise for today I guess. My @#$%& back is still hurting. It seems to be getting better by just the teensiest bit everyday. I sure wish it would hurry up!! The good news is that at least I stayed withing my calories yesterday and drank plenty of water.

I think it's this computer chair that's doing it to me. This is where I was when it started hurting, and it hurts bad when I sit in it now. That's what I get for buying the cheapest thing I could find at Kmart Anyhoo, I want to get out of this chair, so I'll talk at ya later,
Jen
Old 03-19-2002, 10:40 AM   #30  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi girls! Just a quickie as I walk out the door. I worked 'bra jobs' yesterday and am off again today. I have sets to do in 13 K-Marts this week and at 2 a day, I'm behind already and the week's just started.

Food was much better yesterday. I made some veggie soup and had that instead of a snack last night with TV. I need to DO SOMETHING about this weight. Enough is enough, already. I keep procrastinating......about everything in my life. I NEED TO STOP!!!

Well, girls, I'm outta here for now. I'll be back later and write to you all.

"Worry less about what other people think about you, and more about what you think of them." - Fay Weldon
Closed Thread