3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   BED and Weightloss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/143949-bed-weightloss.html)

CousinRockingChair 06-15-2008 05:49 PM

BED and Weightloss

I just wrote about this in response to the recent "binge eating disorder" thread started by kaitlyn...and this is my own related Q!

I have a long history of EDs. Anorexia 13-15, EDNOS 15-17, BED roughly 17-7 weeks ago! Obviously it's been more complicated than that but there are the bare bones, so to speak. I've weighed 140lbs since I was 16, however I have maintained that despite overeating/binge problems, so I conclude it is not my natural weight, if that makes sense?

I felt happiest at 120lbs, which is about BMI 18 for me. The lowest I've ever been is BMI 16.9...anyhow, I'd like to be 120lbs again.

How and at what stage of BED recovery should I attempt this?

I exercise 30 mins a day on my exercise bike and walk to uni/shops most days too, so I'm not sure I'd want to increase my exercise quota, although I guess mixing it up might help.

Part of me thinks that my BMI is 22.4 so its ED thinking that I should be thinner...but its just how I preferred to look? No one says I'm fat, all my family/friends say I look good, but I like slim women and I..want to be one.

Any input welcomed, I'm not overly sensitive, give it to me straight

xxx

EZMONEY 06-15-2008 09:48 PM

I am glad to see you doing better, I am still praying that you continue to take good care of yourself KIDDO! :hug:

bargoo 06-15-2008 10:03 PM

I think 115 is to low for 5'7" , you will be underweight.Why not try for 127 the low end of a healthy weight for you.

CountingDown 06-15-2008 10:03 PM

Emily - I can see 125 - 130 as a good weight for you with 120 being a possible goal (maybe a bit too low - try 125 and see).
I have seen so much growth in you regarding trying to establish healthy eating patterns and put extreme eating behaviors behind you.

I would encourage you to keep working toward slowly attaining your goal - and doing so by establishing eating habits and patterns that you can maintain for a lifetime. I don't know what the perfect plan for you is, keep trying until you find it - but I did want to post and wish you well - and let you know that I am praying that you will continue to seek a path that is healthy and moves you toward your goal!

JayEll 06-15-2008 11:21 PM

Hey Cousin! :wave: Good to see you!

I think you should try to get closer to a weight that makes you "happy," while realizing that your goal may be that "other voice" at work. By all means, don't feel pressured or frantic or like failure if you don't get to the exact number you like. It's too easy to get into that unfortunate way of thinking... and then not be happy.

130 sounds just right to me. But go about it in a slow way, so as not to risk that BED behavior.

:hug:

Jay

sh3l5 06-16-2008 02:19 AM

work at ur goal....
ul know wen to stop....

CousinRockingChair 06-16-2008 11:27 AM

You are all so wise and jolly pleasant around here, I think 3FC will have a place in my heart for a long time!

I cant believe I only weigh every 2 weeks now. If I can do that, I'm pretty sure I can meet the "20lbs lost healthily with no excess weighing or behaviours" challenge? ill ask for support whenever, of course :P

not entirely sure what plan I want to use yet...im thinking simple flexible calorie counting with an emphasis on healthy foods..I can maintain on 2100 a day, so 1600 a day should do something? And isn't extreme.

x x x

SoulBliss 06-16-2008 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CousinRockingChair (Post 2228222)

not entirely sure what plan I want to use yet...im thinking simple flexible calorie counting with an emphasis on healthy foods..I can maintain on 2100 a day, so 1600 a day should do something? And isn't extreme.

x x x

Healthy foods sound GREAT! ;) Just a cautionary word: 1,600 a day is "extreme" if you are over exercising. I hope you aren't! :hug:

I hope you don't mind my speaking frankly, but I think you probably don't need to lose any weight at all, really. Why is the number important to you? Is there something specific you want to change to feel better, be healthier, stronger? What is it you really want?

CousinRockingChair 06-16-2008 05:18 PM

^ multimillion dollar question.

I want to not have rolls of fat on my stomach (although size of said stomach is debated between myself and other people, I wear a bikini and people don't puke, but I dislike my stomach).

I know that excess fat around the middle carries health risks, I'd like to avoid that, get a good body whilst young because I think it's easiest then.

I want to be a nice tiny pretty girl - bit of a dodgier motive there.

I want people to ALWAYS say *you're thin*, not *you look fine* - murkier waters.

I'm tired of having 34E breasts...I don't usually get harrassed or anything, but I want to be able to buy pretty lingerie more places, and I get sick of having to buy dresses/shirts that are too big EVERYWHERE else just so my breasts can fit in them! 140lbs 5ft 7in 34E might not sound bad and I know it could be way worse, but it's not my personal preference!

(Having said that, I increased in size from a 34B to a D when I went on birth control, then I think I gained weight slightly to get up to an E? But I'm not sure...actually theres a question...if my breasts increased in size through hormones NOT really gaining any weight, would weightloss shrink them or would I have to have surgery?!?!? But breasts are always fat, right, so it shouldn't make any difference? help?...I'll put this as its own question!)

I just like the thin look, I guess.