Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2002, 10:29 PM   #1  

Default Steel Magnolias -- #149

Good Evening, Flowers!
I will start a new thread because I have the feeling we were going to roll over to page 2 on #148.

The natives were really restless today -- I don't know if it is the weather, March, time for a vacation or what. It was a long day but one bright spot is that a favorite student, who moved away before Christmas has moved back. He is a good kid and I have missed him.

Maggie -- I think you are wise to stay with your current plan and wait it out. I am not a big tomato fan -- they have to be cut up and in something else for me to eat them. But maybe if Cowboy likes them this way, I would too. Bob is going to be glad for "spring" when he can hose out the shed -- Momma Cat has had "company" and he says it is pretty stinky in there.

Gail -- The weatherman hasn't really said exactly what we are going to get. They have been talking about it all day long -- we would log on to the weather channel at school to see if we could see the storm moving in. We are on the edge so right now we are scheduled for 8 to 12" of snow plus the wind. It's to start with freezing rain around midnight. It seems like every time they make a big deal out of an approaching storm, we never get much, if anything. It's when they say "just a dusting" that we get dumped on. I went to the grocery store after school so I am $80 worth of ready for whatever happens. BTW, Jason said that milk is $6.50 a gallon in Maui! AND, that he and his two bils went to a nude beach! I can't believe that but he said they really did. His fil declined the invitation to go with them! I can hardly wait to see them and hear his side of the story!

Well, I need to figure out what to wear tomorrow and get my lunch ready. Have a terrific Thursday -- another week is almost gone.

Jean -- from Iowa!
Old 03-14-2002, 12:40 PM   #2  
Thin Within

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

Gotta laugh at this one - we have snow fluries. Nothing that even gets to the ground but it is a bit chilly today.

JEAN thanks for starting us out for we were headed for page 2 . I guess it would be a good idea to hose out that shed. Cats in there all winter can do a number on the air quality. Those school kids get restless when they can't get outside and run off that energy don't they. I am thankful that there are people like you working in our school systems. Truly thankful.

Everyone have a great day! The weekend is sneeking up on us ~ just around the corner it is peeking at us and beckening us on.
Old 03-14-2002, 04:22 PM   #3  
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

Thumbs down Thursday afternoon

Okay...I've made a decision. I'm going to WW tonight. I've been on and off program so much these past two weeks that I know in my heart I will not totally get back on program unless I attend a meeting...and I'm thoroughly disgusted with myself. I'm going right after work. I'm so upset with myself...that I'm going to tell the weigher not to even tell me how much I've gained--I'll look at it another day...okay so I may look at it tomorrow morning! Okay, okay...<I know y'all are shaking your heads>...so I'll look at it tonight when I go home!

Maggie, snow flurries? Ohmigosh! That weekend is no longer sneaking upon us, its just about here! And I've been told I get to leave early tomorrow--an hour...but its early!

Jean!, a nudist beach?! Are you gonna share the stories? We have not gotten any snow this year! My parents who live in Va. Beach which is SOUTH of me...got over 12 inches of snow this year! Go figure!

oooops...gotta scoot...work calleth! I'll let y'all know about my weigh-in tonight...although I may not know...as I may choose not to look at it right away. But I'm going...and I'm going to stay for the meeting too.

Gail

Last edited by GailR; 03-14-2002 at 04:50 PM.
Old 03-14-2002, 07:24 PM   #4  
Web Nana

GOOD EVENING MAGNOLIAS
Just a short note to say to all 'Have a great weekend!' Tomorrow we leave for Cape Cod until Sunday PM. Should be fun and we are promised decent weather. Maybe some showers at night.
You all are doing so good. I haven't been that good this week and a 1# gain proves it. I will do better after this weekend.

Gloria in MA....going up to pack .
Old 03-14-2002, 09:52 PM   #5  

Good Evening, Flowers!
I think the weather is done for awhile -- we were about 5 miles from the line where north was freezing rain with snow and south was just rain and wind. Everything around town was cancelled for tonight and now it's not doing a thing outside. I was in hopes we'd have no school tomorrow and I am disappointed!

Maggie -- maybe you got the snow we were supposed to get! The students were goofy again today -- I came home feeling like I was a real crab today. I finally said to them, "what part of GET BUSY don't you understand?" None of them would stay on task today . . . maybe it's me and not them after all!

Gail -- I hope your visit to WW went better than you anticipated! I know the feeling so well, believe me! Have a great weekend -- wish I were going with you! I can hardly wait to hear the beach stories myself!

Gloria -- I know that you will have that 1# gain, GONE, along with some friends, soon! Your weekend sounds like fun . . . maybe I should come along with you!

I need to pick up the kitchen and gather up the papers. We have been having trouble with a carrier for close to two weeks. We used to get the paper as early as 5:30 and then all of a sudden ti wouldn't be here before I left for school at 7:30. I'd call every day and it would be here when I got home. Well, today there was NO paper and I was ticked so called again. In visiting with the lady in Sioux City, she said the carrier was in jail! Come to find out he is the father of a former student (not mine!) who was put in jail for domestic abuse. She ended up by saying that just about everyone in town had called in today and that they were looking for new carriers. Poor lady -- I'll bet she had some interesting phone conversations today!

Have a fantastic Friday, Flowers!

Jean -- in Iowa!
Old 03-15-2002, 12:17 PM   #6  
Thin Within

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

No white stuff landed on the ground yesterday and today is just a bit chilly but sunny. I am bashing on regardless and staying OP.

GAIL you may have gotten better news at your weigh in than you expected. I am proud of you for never giving up. Have a good weekend and don't forget to take along your FOCUS.

JEAN that is too bad about your local paper. Get this... when we came here and got phone service along with it came a 3 month free subscription to the LA Times. We never got it. Come to find out when they called to ask how we liked it and we said we didn't have a clue they then ~DUH~ said "OH the carrier doesn't come out that far - you are 8 miles beyond her route." Then last night the Times called and asked if we wanted to sign up for home delivery. Next time they call Cowboy is going to say "YES deliver it here" and then see if they get the gal to drive out here with it.

GLORIA {{{{{{{HUG}}}}}}} that onrey little pound. Just keep that FOCUS of yours and it will come off with more to follow. Have a great time at Cape Cod. Reminds me of the song... If you're fond of sand dunes and salty air......... I love the ocean and the sand dunes and the salty air.

Have a great weekend all you wonderful FLOWERS
Old 03-15-2002, 04:14 PM   #7  
Thin Within

Smile Recipe

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

Cowboy bought some chicken pot pies and YIKES when I looked at the nutritional breakdown they came to 16 points each. Needless to say I didn't have any. However, I did look through my WW meeting recipes that friends had brought and found a real good one that he said tastes better than those he had bought. I thought I would share it with you here since we are always searching to easy low point good tasting things to eat.

CHICKEN POT PIE
Serves 4 ~ 5 POINTS per serving

1 cup cooked chicken, cubed (or a 10oz can ~ 98% FF Premium Chunk water pack Breast of Chicken by Hormel-drained and the water given to your favorite pet)
9oz frozen vegetables, thawed - your choice
1 can (10.75oz) 98% FF Cream of Chicken Soup
1/2 cup skim milk
1 egg
1cup Low Fat Bisquick

Spray a deep dish pie plate with cooking spray. In the pie plate mix chicken, veggies and soup. Mix mik, egg and baking mix in a bowl; pour over chicken mixture. Bake 30 minutes at 400 degrees. (I add some parsley flakes, herbs and dried chives in with the dough mix which gives it a nice savory smell while cooking and tastes so good.)

Hope you enjoy it. Bye for now.
Old 03-15-2002, 06:34 PM   #8  
I will do it this time

Hi!

Maggie, that chicken pot pie sounds good and very easy. I have avoided the store bought ones for a long time. They are awful fat wise. Snow here? I know they expect it to come down to 1000' by Monday. We are near the foothills and it is cold. I doubt that we will get any of the snow though.

Jean, to bad about the carrier problem. We have been lucky here. The paper is always here before we leave at 5:30. I think that is pretty good. It is getting towards the end of school for you. The kids are getting flaky and the adults want out.

Gloria, sorry about the gain. You will get it off.

Gail, hang in there.

I am home today! Just goofing off. Our truck is getting a 100,000 mile tune up. Can you imagine, it is only a 2000. That is how much we drive. Thank goodness trucks hold up better than cars. They say we could get as much as 350,000 out of it.

Talk to you later.
Old 03-15-2002, 11:35 PM   #9  

Good Evening, Flowers!
Well, I knew I was tired but I didn't know I was THAT tired! I sat down to watch the Iowa BB game and slept the whole evening away! I am so glad that it is Friday!

Maggie -- Thanks for the recipe! It sounds like a good and yet simple one. The latest chapter in the newspaper war is that I bought one on the way to school today. When I got home there were 2 papers in the door . . . both were Thursday papers.

Sharon -- I hope you enjoy your long weekend! We have one next weekend, plus 2 "early dismissal" days because of conferences. Then the next week is spring break and we get out at 11:30 on Wed. Everyone is so ready for a break. The bad part is that when we get back, we don't have a full "normal" week of uninterrupted classes before school is out on May 23rd. Then the administration wonders why the students are always behind.

I need to sort through the junk email -- some days I will get over 50 and I get so annoyed. Guess I must be a somebody's list!

Have a nice weekend, Flowers! Do something fun!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Old 03-16-2002, 07:35 AM   #10  
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

Talking Saturday morning

Goooood morning everyone! I thought I would get in here while Wayne is still sleeping. Once he awakens and gets ready for the day we'll soon be out and about. I'm seeing Amanda this morning.

Gloria, have a good time in Cape Cod!

Brenda, how are you doing?

Cindy, I know you said you weren't one for message boards but just in case you're out there...

Lorraine...

Sharon, good luck this morning when you weigh-in! Did you stay strong around that homemade Mexican food last night? You've got the best neighbors--they cook for you!

Jean, you were glad it was Friday? I was very glad it was Friday also! I got off work one hour early and went to the grocery store. And then I went out again after delivering the groceries home. I never saw so many accidents on one highway before: 3 separate car accidents!!! Sounds like you needed that sleep--falling asleep in front of the tv--I do that ALL the time!

Maggie, that recipe sounds delicious and I'm going to try that! I'm going to stop at the store today and get the ingredients. Wayne might even try that! He's such a fussy eater.

Okay...I know the news y'all are waiting for: Weight Watchers. Hmmmm... ...NO, it was NOT pretty. I'm sorry to say that I undid all the good since the first of the year. So...I'm starting again. I'll keep starting again until I finally beat it into my head. A funny thing happened as I was walking out of the meeting (I had to leave about 10 minutes before the meeting was let out so I was walking out by myself.) There was a news van outside roaming the parking lot. Equipped with satellite and camera...the whole works. For a second I thought, "ohmigosh, they heard I had started over again at WW and they're gonna film me!" Yep...that's what I thought; that's what I could see/hear: "Gail back to WW again. News at 11."

BTW, I found my FOCUS. I'll hold tighter to it this time...

Hugs to all,

Gail
Old 03-16-2002, 07:45 AM   #11  
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

Default I found this on the internet...

STARTING OVER

If you've started out in pursuit of your goal and you've really tried with your heart and your soul, but somehow things got out of control - START OVER!

When you've tried your best to do what you should and you thought this time that you surely would, but once again you didn't do so good - START OVER!

When you've worked so hard to follow a dieters way, and you fought to win a victory each day, but one more time you went astray - START OVER!

When you've tried so hard to yourself to be true, and do all the things that you know you should do, but once again you failed to come through - START OVER!

When the road to success seemed much too long, and each temptation was oh so strong, and once again you gave in to wrong - START OVER!

When you've told your friends what you planned to do and trusted them to help you through, but soon discovered it's up to YOU - START OVER!

When you know you must be physically fit, but your hope seems gone and you're stuck in a pit, that's not the time for you to QUIT - START OVER!

When the week seems long and successes few, and at weigh in time you're feeling blue, remember tomorrow is just for you - START OVER!

To start AGAIN means a victory's been won, and starting over AGAIN means a race well run, and starting over AGAIN proves it can be done, so don't just sit there -- START OVER!!

(written by Dale Dauten, nationally syndicated columnist)

Gail

Last edited by GailR; 03-16-2002 at 07:47 AM.
Old 03-16-2002, 09:53 AM   #12  
I will do it this time

Gail, NO!!!!!!!!!!!!! to your question. But it was sure good.
Old 03-16-2002, 02:57 PM   #13  
I will do it this time

Well I will be darned, I lost 1.6# I am amazed and starving. I haven't had time to eat so I had better go do that.

Bye!
Old 03-16-2002, 03:04 PM   #14  
Thin Within

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

The weekend is upon us and I have not done anything very constructive this day yet except make a few charts on my computer But this is Saturday and I have been selling a lot of Adventure Passes. So maybe I am earning my keep. It has warmed up and the sun is shining and everything is georgeous outside.

JEAN that is too funny about getting 3 papers in one day. Looks like you are well versed on the happenings of that day. Or maybe if you get a bird now you will have lots of cage linings.

SHARON I absolutely love Mexican food and can understand why you just enjoyed it. Is it a diesel truck you have? That sounds like it is if you will get that many miles out of it. What kind is it?

GAIL you can do this thing if you do hold tight to that FOCUS and feed Thin Within. Thank you so much for posting that Starting Over article. I copied it and shrunk it down and printed it out, laminated it ~ and now have it in my leather notebook that I have my weight loss information in.

Have a wonderful weekend FLOWERS
Old 03-16-2002, 04:34 PM   #15  
I will do it this time

Hi Maggie!

We have a Ford 150. We travel 160 miles round trip to work everyday. It eats up the mileage.
Closed Thread