Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2002, 02:03 AM   #16  
Dancing those pounds away

Hi everyone....

I hope you all have missed me. I have been babysitting and I finally just took them back home. I am just too FAT and out of shape to be chasing an 18 month old ,while carrying a month old, tripping over a jealous dog, limping with bad knees.
I love my babies... but I am looking forward to sitting on my butt for a few hours. LOL

This thread is over half full and I have not even read the last thread yet. Can't reply to everyone but want to welcome back Michelle. Luckylady mentioned "your" picture... but I didn't see it. Is there a pic of you on here??
Did you ever start babysitting?

tina.. Congrats on your success of "attending the meeting" !!!! That is how you will reach your goal.

Jen... what an inspiration you are. You saying " I want to exercise like I want a hole in my head" and YET YOU DID IT !!! You are my idol !!!

I am not trying to miss anyone... I just have so much to catch up... not only in here... but everywhere. I still haven't done my taxes.
See you all tomorrow. :wave"
Old 03-14-2002, 04:13 AM   #17  

Hi everyone,

As usual I'm the last one to post. 2cute, I finished my taxes this weekend. I shut off the tv and stereo and just concentrated.

I'm on plan today, but work is dragging me down again. I thought this year would be perfect for losing weight. well it's throwing me a road block. A new job opened up after 9 years. I'm applying for it, but it will be stressful learning a new job and dealing with customers as a customer assistance rep. I have mixed feelings, but know getting it will make me grow as a person. I'm just bummed it turned up this year. I wanted to concentrate on losing weight. Insecurity makes me nervous which leads to comfort foods. I'm thankful I have exercise. It has been keeping me on an even keel, but still.....there's no controlling life, is there? Only ourselves.

Here's to life's challenges,
Malia
Old 03-14-2002, 07:14 AM   #18  

Default 280 and dying to lose....

I have been up and down for the past 5 years, and right now, up again. I am trying to motivate myself into changing my lifestyle, again. I lose only to regain with stress factors high in my life. RIGHT now I am waiting for a Mayo appointment coming up on the 18. I am getting checked for brain anuerysms... MY sister of 42 years passed away on Valentine's Day from a ruptured anuerysm. SHE had several as a matter of fact... 3rd family member with this! SO, can't stand the pressure anymore on this subject, so getting checked out by the best in the country. HOPING for the best, but the stress of all this is getting to me. I am trying real hard to be on program. I am back to the WW program, for the most part, and trying real hard to exercise. BUT that is hard to do! I am sick of feeling depressed about my own health. I felt great 2 years ago, after losing 120 lbs... since gained 80 back again. YUCK! Talk about why do I do this to myself????? BEEN there, done that. Trying to figure this out in my head, too. HOPE you don't mind me posting today. I will be gone for a week maybe, with the tests involved! BUT hoping to pick up where I left off and hoping you will all be here doing well...... kurly
Old 03-14-2002, 07:57 AM   #19  

"there's no controlling life, is there? Only ourselves",
Malia isn't this the truth...darn

I will have to respond to everyone later because I only have a couple minutes before I go off to work.

Baylee So far no snow here, but they say this will be the worst one yet !!!

I need advise....I have been coveting this dress in a catalog. It just went on sale for $30.00 less than the original price. It is 100% cotton. Now, even with it being on sale I don't want to buy it only to have it be "too big" for me. (This is my positive thinking going here. ) So, right now I would need a 2X and cotton does shrink. But do you think 1X would be a wiser choice not to mention incentive.

I would love to hear all of your thoughts on this.
Old 03-14-2002, 10:04 AM   #20  
a work in progress...

Good Morning, Girlfriends!

What a bee-yoo-ti-ful day, here in NJ! Sunny skies after a day of rain...it's going up to about 67 today, so they say. Great day for a walk...I think I may even walk to the gym, but I'm not making any promises! I'll see how I feel after my son gets off to school...

Well, I had two "down days" and I'm back in the right frame of mind today...maybe I need to go crazy and then get back to the business at hand. Did anyone of you Weight Watchers ever hear of the "Wendy Plan?" I might have come across it on ediets forums...someone (named Wendy) came up with a way of alternating high and low point days to keep the metabolism "guessing," so to speak. It gave her a significant weight loss the week she stayed on this plan and was a good boost for when you get STUCK, as we tend to do. I'll have to see if I can dig it up.

Hi Michelle, welcome back! I'm in the '90 millionth time' club too...But I'm gonna keep going back til I get it right! Good luck to you!

Lucky, is that a lower number I see under your name? Good for you! I don't know if I think of my weight as power, maybe more of a shield/protection...from what I don't know. Being happy? Maybe I feel I don't deserve to be and so I continue to undermine my efforts...I told you I need a shrink.

Malia, good luck with the new position..A new job is stressful, but it's good to challenge yourself...maybe with the excitement of a new job you WON'T feel like eating...new job/new you? Keep on exercising, it helps you to focus.

2cute, hi! Glad to see you back! Those little darlings keep you hopping, don't they? So many people I know are my age and JUST starting with their own wee ones...one 41 year old friend of mine just had TWIN BOYS! God bless her and keep her stamina up!

Grannie, now we need a picture of you with that new 'do! I'm getting a much needed dye job and haircut tomorrow...I used to have a gray strand or two (or eight) dispersed through my locks...now I'm seeing GRAY ROOTS when the dye starts growing out...I get it dyed to my natural color, never noticed roots before!

Jen, STAY OFF THAT SCALE! It does such bad things to our minds! Keep doing all the good that you are doing and get the tape measure out instead!

Thin, How do you journal electronically? Do you find it helpful? I had to at your "birthday greeting" from the "twatch doc!"

Andria, hope you're feeling better...I'm back on day one (again) Just keep starting up again...it's gonna happen!

Tina...way to go on staying the same! ALWAYS better than a gain! Keep up the good work and your great posts!

Duckie, how are you doing? I used to do fitday too, but it does take time...esp to establish your favorite foods...I like it when I'm in that zone. but I've never stuck with it consistently...much like my dieting!

baylee,thanks for the info on muscle gain...good reason to get the tape measures out instead of the scale!

Lynne, welcome back! Great words about not putting things off til whenever...I have lived the last twenty years of my life doing just that...("once I get this weight off, I'll be able to enjoy life!") Only recently have I decided that life is too short, I'm going to be happy now and love every step of the journey, and Thank God for what I DO have.

kurlytop...Welcome to this fine group! You'll find lots of support, laughter, tears, friendship...we got it all here! Good luck with your tests...way to go on getting yourself checked out WITHOUT symptoms, only family history...so many people neglect that and it is a big factor in preventitive medicine.

I hope I got everyone...I'm out of colors! This post took me 2 hours to complete! Well, on and off...between getting son off to school, the phone hasn't stopped ringing, the lawn service guy that I forgot I had scheduled for a consultation came by...

I hope I didn't forget anyone, please forgive me if I did! Our group is getting so big! The more the merrier! (just harder to reply to everyone!) Have a great OP day, everyone!

I am now officially out of here...

Last edited by katrinabgood; 03-14-2002 at 11:19 AM.
Old 03-14-2002, 11:16 AM   #21  

Mornin ladies!

It's going to be a tough one today. My kids got me up at 4a.m.!! I was soo hungry when I got up. I've already eaten 500 calories today so I'm going to have to pace myself. I am feeling hungry now, but am going to exercise as soon as I'm done posting. I really have a tendency to eat badly when I'm tired.

Baylee: THANK YOU thank you thank you for posting that. THAT would explain why I haven't lost any weight or inches yet. WHEW!! I'm glad I decided not to give up.

2Cute: Welcome back!! YES I've missed you! Those little ones can and will run a person ragged. Get some rest, then get back here and post again!!

Malia: I posted for you on the other thread, so it would be kinda redundant to say it all again, but I do agree with what you said about being able to control only ourselves. Now if only we could learn to do it right!!

Kurly: That's so scary!! Sure hope everything goes well for you. Hope to see you back here again soon!!

Lucky: It's so hard to say which size to order. I'm to a point where I won't order anything. I have to go try it on. Different manufacturers have different ideas of sizes. Depending on the maker, I can wear anything from an 18 to a 14. I've got 16's I can't button and zip, but I have 14's that I can, and a pair of 18's that are just right. I say if you are looking for incentive, go for the 1X for sure. I know I would!!

Katrina: 67 degrees!! I'm so jealous! It's so cold and crappy here. Can I go for a walk with you???

Anyhoo, better get going before I either fall asleep or eat something. Talk at ya later,
Jen
Old 03-14-2002, 02:19 PM   #22  
Progress..not perfection

Question Would anyone like to adopt my 14 year old?

Hey everybody!

And yes, I was totally serious about the above question. He is driving me nuts! I think I may take Mary's idea and stick him out in the yard holding a sign that says "Make an Offer"! The way he's been acting lately, I would probably sell him for the low, low price of .50!

Just to name a few things that he's had me off my rocker about.......last Saturday night he asked if a friend could spend the night and I told him no........(at this point, he told the friend I said no, but that when I left for work that he would ask his Dad and his Dad would say yes) After I left, he called his friend, who lives next door and told him to come on over. (I would also mention he broke another rule by letting him in the house without an adult here) (I work 3rds and DH works 2nds, and he gets home about 15 minutes after I leave) ANYWAYS............the friend comes over and "hides" in the bedroom, waiting for my husband to come home, and of course, Brian is sure his Dad will say yes and then he will lure DH in another room somewhere and pretend that his friend just got there instead of having been there the whole time. But guess what?? (and try to invision this being said in my best Jim Nabors voice) (Gomer Pyle) SURPRISE......SURPRISE.........SURPRISE!! DH said no too! Now, we have a problem. He's already in the house and what do you do? Well, if you are my loving son, you LIE! And tell your Dad that Mom already said he could spend the night! Well needless to say, even though DH is not all that swift, he did finally figure it out and then after I grounded Brian for the rest of his natural life and gave him a HUGE lecture on the evils of tellling lies..........he came back with the usual "That's not fair". This was after I told him everything he was grounded from. At which point I asked him, "And whose fault is it your grounded?" And he said, "Well, it's 99% my fault." Now, I was just dying to find out who the owner of this other 1% was.......so I asked. AND DO YOU KNOW WHAT HE SAID?!?! He said, "Well, 99% of it is my fault for lying, but the other 1% is your fault because you didn't have to ground me if you didn't want to." At this point, I wanted to pick my eyeball out with a fork and throw it at him.

AND HOW WAS YOUR WEEK??!!
Old 03-14-2002, 03:19 PM   #23  

Wink Just bumping

Just bumping this so Lona can find us.
Old 03-14-2002, 03:45 PM   #24  

Talking Hi guys

Cant stay but for a minute. I found Lona's post on the old thread and wanted to get this one up top so no one else would post in the wrong thread.

Then I saw that we had a newcomer so I HAVE to come welcome Kurly. WELCOME !!!! I hope we see you sooner than a week from now. Just remember we are ongoing and we won't be in #142 then.

Tina.... Oh how well I know what you are going thru. I just wrote a sob story a DEAR Friend of mine crying on her shoulder over raising kids. LOL
When my son was 13 I knew it would come down to either suicide or homicide. But it did get better for me. I pray it gets better for you too.
I do know one thing though... that is... I don't know ...
My youngest is 20 and I still haven't perfected this parenting thing yet. I think my problem now is... by the time they are nearly 21.... they should be out and no longer your worry. LOL
But college is important and so I guess I will wait for both her freedom and mine. LOL

Kat... I would die before starting over with babies again.
I hope your friend is in good physical shape... old and fat doesn't not work well together. I can not imagine being 61 and still putting up with "kids" !!!! LOL

Luckylady... I vote for go with what looks best NOW. You deserve to look good now... not when you lose more. Also... it is easier to take dresses in than let them out. And I have plenty of clothes that don't fit already. "Feeling sexy" in that new dress just might be what inspires you to stick to your program.

Jen... you think you are jealous of 67.... we have 81 here.

Malia... you are my inspiration today. I am going to turn off the tv, the radio and this darn computer and go do my taxes. !!!! Thanks.
Old 03-14-2002, 05:22 PM   #25  

Hush up...it's 25 and snowing like there will be no tomorrow. Roads are icy and/or snow packed. Blowing snow so you can't see crap o la when driving....I came home at noon and good thing because it is worse now.

Of course, did I put this time to good use exercising.....no . I will have to shovel soon just to try to keep ahead of it a little.

So, no more talk of 67 or 80!!!!!! Think of Baylee and I here in the snowy north!!!! (and Syn, if you are lurking)
Old 03-14-2002, 05:31 PM   #26  
You and Me in 2003

Thumbs down

Lucky: Its near 80 here today.

I've been working all day just got home be back later
Old 03-15-2002, 03:33 AM   #27  

Hi everyone...welcome Kurly

I've been stressing myself out over this new job opening. I'm a cashier. The new job is customer assistance rep. I've been substituting for the job for 9 years. I have some idea what the job entails. That's probably what's stressing me. We have crazy, irate customers with loads of complaints. I also worry about change. No stopping that ever. Thank you for the support.

Lucky, do you want to look good now or later? I say look good now. I had a gray dress for 7 years in a smaller size 20. It recently fit. It felt good, but that was too long of a wait. I have many clothes like that. I have some clingy stretch knit blouses. They look like dull jersey. I bought them in 3X. They don't fit. Clinging, I don't like. I don't like fabric to touch my rolls under my bra on my back and stomach. Yuck.

Queen, your son is a master. My nephew is exactly like that. Ask one or the other hoping his parents don't communicate. Likes to learn the hard way.

I'm feeling very sleepy. Thanks for listening. You've been very supportive. In the end, it probably was my PMS talking. Pain in the you know where. I'll find out on Tuesday.

A quote to reflect on:

"The purpose of life is to live it, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience. " ---Eleanor Roosevelt

Friday, friday,
Malia

Last edited by prism; 03-15-2002 at 03:36 AM.
Old 03-15-2002, 07:51 AM   #28  

So I shoveled yesterday for about 20 min and again this morning at 5AM for about 10 min. The snow on the highway is over my knees. I sure hope the plow comes soon.

Be careful you get what you wish for...the plow just went by so now I have to shovel again.
Old 03-15-2002, 10:09 AM   #29  

Angry Good Morning all

It is time to start a new thread. Do not reply here. Instead go to our ongoing new thread... #143.

THE END .....to be continued .....#143
Closed Thread