Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2002, 11:10 PM   #1  

Default Steel Magnolias -- #147

Good Evening, Flowers!
Just checking in before I decide what I am going to wear to school tomorrow, and then head for bed.

Maggie -- I get so angry at how people treat things that are not their own and think nothing of vandalizing public property. My problem, when we rent movies, is that I tend to fall asleep and then miss the best part! We got some rain this afternoon and it lasted for about an hour before it turned to ice. All of the evening activities, around town, were cancelled by 4:00 this afternoon. We play bells Sunday so some of us will be practicing on Saturday.

Gail -- You sound like you are ready for a weekend! Me too!
What is Pirates Booty? My Good Housekeeping just came so I will look for the article.

Brenda -- It's nice to meet you! I live in Iowa where the weather changes daily! (hourly??)

Sharon -- I really notice that it is staying lighter later and is lighter earlier in the mornings too. Spring must be getting closer; the cats are starting to shed! I love driving to school in daylight!

Have a fantastic Friday, Flowers!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Old 03-08-2002, 01:37 PM   #2  
Thin Within

Smile Day #60

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

Thanks for starting a new thread JEAN - there are a few on the last threads page two to read.

This day is sunny and chilly. It got cold last night but I don't know if it got cold enough to do those flys in or not.

Last Friday we were in town and I wanted a donut from a shop the Will gets them from and they are so Yummy. I took a 1 point piece of his one day and decided I wanted one on my BIG day. Well they were out of them and nothing else would do for that "taste" I wanted. I decided then I would get there earlier this Friday and get one. They are just cake donuts with chocolate icing but they are the 6 point kind. Well bless his heart, Will got up early and had donuts here before I got up. I had half of one for breakfast along with my coffee and OJ and that was plenty.

BRENDA it is so great that you are now ready for a go at the remainder that you want to lose. CONGRATULATIONS on holding the line on gaining it all back. Sometimes we just have to take a rest and get our breath, let our bodies get used to all that weight we lost then go on with renewed resolve. You can do this and it is great that you will walk this road to thin along with the rest of us. Let that Thin Within person inside of you have a go at it now. Feed her.

Everyone have a good OP day and do your program like you mean it. FOCUS.
Old 03-08-2002, 03:39 PM   #3  
I will do it this time

Maggie, a chocolate doughnut would not be safe anywhere near my mouth. You did great.

Jean, our cats are starting to shed to. Thank goodness the big guy lays on a fleece blanket on the couch when he is in.
Old 03-08-2002, 04:07 PM   #4  
Thin Within

Smile

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

SHARON just beginning to shed? I thought that cats with long hair would shed all year round Turn has that long white hair that would be a great big shed if he let go of it all at once. Good thing he comes to me for his daily combing. I can't imagine what it would be like if I didn't comb him each day but he loves it so ~ it has become a "thing" with him. Now the donut is out of my head. When I want something that I can't get or won't fit into that days points I "save" it till Friday. When Friday comes usually those things have gone from my head and I no longer want them. AH ~but that donut stayed there and now it has gone. Thin Within decided that she would be satisfied with half of one and that really did the trick. I made pizza for lunch using that Boboli bread and low fat ranch instead of pizza sauce and it was tasty. I measured out all the ingredients and knew exactly what the points would be so I was able to enjoy each and every little morsel that went between my lips.

JEAN I have heard from Lorraine and her mother is doing better. Lorraine also said she may come and post tonight.

Have a good afternoon and stay warm.
Old 03-08-2002, 06:18 PM   #5  

Good Afternoon, Flowers!
Well, the weather has arrived once again! It started misting around noon and when I left school at 3:45, it was just beginning to freeze on the windshield. We still have ice on the driveway from yesterday and now another layer on top; it is supposed to start snowing later tonight. I'm in hopes it will be done by Sunday as Jason and Amanda are due home.

Brenda -- losing 100 pounds is a WONDERFUL accomplishment! Good luck as you begin your next journey down this road to thin! I think a good WW leader makes such a difference . . . at least it does for me. Did your daughter stick with WW and make it to her goal?

Maggie -- We have a coffee stop on our way to Sioux City and once in a while they will have frosted cherry donuts that are to die for. If we go early in the morning there is usually one left (and it has my name on it ) but if we go later, there are none. I used to be a chocoholic but as I've gotten older I lean towards other flavors more. We have a long haired stray cat that I named Hank. He (?) is white with orange spots and is so dirty from tromping through the weeds and long grass in the wooded area. I wish I could give him a bath although I'm sure he wouldn't be very happy with me.

Sharon -- I always "roll" my clothes before I leave the house! Our car now has leather seats . . . the best defense against clinging cat fur ever invented! I was always either vacuuming or rolling the car seats too. I wish I could vacuum the cats!

Gail -- How is your day going? I suppose you are home by now.

Lorraine -- Hope we see you this weekend! We have missed you.

I am off to read the paper and catch the weather report on TV. Have a nice evening, Flowers!

Jean -- wishing the weather away in Iowa!
Old 03-08-2002, 11:08 PM   #6  

Default goodevening

Ladies, I have a confession to make. I have attempted to return to this board several times over the last year as you know. I am just not good at keeping up on bulletin boards. I do much better by email. I will leave you my email adress:

[email protected]

To be honest. Kenny and I are trying to start a family, and losing weight is not on the top of my list right now.

Cindy
Old 03-09-2002, 10:46 AM   #7  

Good Morning, Flowers!
The wind is blowing the snow around -- can't tell if it is still snowing or not. The trees are covered with a coating of ice and the lights flickered off and on all last evening. The girls basketball tournament playoffs were on TV and when the last game was within 2 points and a few seconds left in the game, that station went off the air. We didn't know anyone that was playing but a lot of small towns around us were there. Bob has gone out to fill the squirrel and bird feeders plus check on the cat food bowl in the shed. It's definitely not a nice day out there!

Cindy -- it's always good to hear from you, whether here or by email. Good luck on your baby making project! Babies are such miracles and I know that you will make a wonderful mother!

I need to get busy on the laundry pile. We are supposed to have bell practice this afternoon but I'm not going to hold my breath. Actually, I'm hoping we cancel and don't play tomorrow since we really aren't ready.

Have a nice Saturday, Flowers!

Jean -- watching the weather blow by in Iowa!
Old 03-09-2002, 12:47 PM   #8  
Thin Within

Smile Day #61

GOOD MORNING STEEL MAGNOLIAS

It is a beautiful day a commun on.... it is already 68 and climbing. Turn wants to go outside so badly - those busy birds are a facination with him. But, alas, they aren't play things for him.

JEAN burrrrrr your weather report gives me the shivers. OH it must be cold outside. I long for the day when you see your grass green again.... don't you.

CINDY good to see you when ever you can get here. I am all for you making babies. Then I get to make some cute outfits and be an Auntie.

Have a nice quiet Saturday FLOWERS.
Old 03-09-2002, 05:19 PM   #9  
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

Default rushing in...

I swear I meant to get in here waaaay before this! But I've had one of "those" weeks at the office where I allowed it control me instead of the other way around and so my diet was...hmmm...shall we say...not good. However...by Thursday night I was feeling better and started to regain control and FOCUS so by Friday I ended the day not only on program but banked 4 points.

The weather here was so nice yesterday! 70 degrees! And my boss closed the department at 3:30pm in honor of it. Nice, huh? So...I went to the mall! Isn't that just like me?

I couldn't go to WW this morning as I had to go with Wayne to the eye doctor's. He goes every 3 months because the doctor has to keep check on glaucoma. He has the beginnings of that. He's not on medication. Anyway, today was his general eye exam and they put drops in and dilated his eyes so I had to drive him around to do errands this morning. I got home in time to eat a ham and swiss cheese sandwich and gulp some water (I'm doing much better these days in drinking my water) down and left to get my hair done--had to have it re-highlighted...and let me tell you...I AM BLONDE. So when someone accuses me of having a blonde moment, they will be speaking the truth!

Jean, Pirate's Booty is a snack like cheese puffs but is VERY LIGHT tasting and VERY LIGHT period. Wayne says it melts in his mouth...almost like cotton candy and is not very satisfying to him. Well, I love the stuff but when I read in the March issue of GOODHOUSEKEEPING...forget which page...and it was on a page where they discuss such things--it was only about 1/4th of the page btw...anyway, when I read that the nutritional information was incorrect I was really disgusted...but then this could turn out to be a good thing because it could be a redlight food for me. So, its probably just as well.

Brenda, I am in awe of you! CONGRATULATIONS on losing so much weight! Thank you so much for sharing your story. I hope you become a permanent member of this thread--I'm sure you will be inspiring the rest of us!

Okaaay Maggie! You wanna talk donuts? Let's talk donuts! First of all, I can't keep the things in my house! No way, Jose! Talk about redlight food! In a major way! The only way I can eat a donut is to go WITH Wayne to Dunkin Donuts and buy just ONE. And the one I would buy? Those vanilla creme filled ones with chocolate icing on top! 6.5 points! Worth every point! Now Wayne...loves those bowties...and he likes those chocolate glazed cake donuts also....and the coconut donuts...and the honey glazed donuts...and the...<clearing throat>...perhaps we should talk about something else!

Sharon, how did you do today when you went to WW?

Hey Cindy! That is WONDERFUL! Gotta put your priorities right...right?! Wishing you all the best wishes in your and hubby's endeavors! Thanks for you email addy.

And Turn had better be careful with those birds when he is allowed out! My Toby used to get nose-dived by Blue Jays all the time!

I'm like Jean and everyone else probably--I'm in the middle of doing laundry and I'm hearing "dings"...

Gail
Old 03-10-2002, 01:24 PM   #10  
Thin Within

Smile Day #62

HAPPY SUNDAY MORNING MAGNOLIAS

What a grand and glorious morning this is. It is going to get nice and warm this afternoon. I am going to be doing an 18 point day today ~ I traded this 25 point day yesterday for that . I had unexpected company and so made that decision ~ first time I have done that and will be waiting to see how it affects my weigh in. I am supposed to be able to do it ~ just not too often ~ but just have not done it as of yet. My niece and her 3 kids came for a visit while her husband and brother were fishing the stream down the way. They had such a good time they will be back soon and bring their tents.

GAIL those donuts you like so well sound like chocolate eclairs. Now those I love dearly. I have tried WW's but they are a bit like cardboard ..... or maybe it is because the ones I got may have been a bit old. I will try them again. How is your program going this day? Having a nice weekend I hope.

Everyone have a good day.

Last edited by Maggie; 03-10-2002 at 01:27 PM.
Old 03-10-2002, 01:38 PM   #11  

Good Afternoon, Maggies!
It was a very early morning around here! I was up at 5 (that's AM!) to check on Jason and Amanda's plane. . . they left Maui last night about 10:20 our time and were to land in St. Louis at 6:20 this morning. Their plane landed there and for some reason I can't track the little puddle jumper they are on now. They are supposed to be back in Sioux City around 2:30 this afternoon. Jason thought going over was a long flight -- I can hardly wait to see what he thought about coming home! I had to be at church by 7:15, to set up for the bells to play at both services today. We didn't practice this week so we needed the extra time this morning. Luckily we played the first thing so we were home by 11:15. I feel like my whole morning flew by.

Maggie -- We were watching the animal channel one night and there were birds chirping and flying from tree branches to feeders. Poor Leonard spent a long time trying to catch one of those birds. The sun is out but it is only 14 degrees. At least the wind isn't blowing as hard today.

Gail -- I can't have donuts in the house either. I even like the plain ones warmed up -- yummy! I'm glad you found your FOCUS -- I think mine got left at school on Friday. GRRRRR! I've never seen Pirate's Booty . . . is it found in with potato chips, pretzels, and cheese curl kinds of things?

"Hi" to the rest of you in the flower patch! Come out and post! I need to get busy and finish the laundry. Have a nice Sunday!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Old 03-10-2002, 01:46 PM   #12  
I will do it this time

Hi!

I just realized I didn't have time to post yesterday and don't have too much time today. I have been out in the yard helping Bill some. I only last so long and then my legs get to tired. I will go out again. I showed a loss of .4 yesterday morning. I am happy with it. Last week was kind of stressful and I probably ate at max most of the week.

Jean I bet that was a long flight. From here it is only about 6 hours. I hope they had fun. We were outside working on the little pond we have and Felix was helping us. Did I mention that there are fish in it. Silly cat.

You know I am now getting hungry for doughnuts. Actually I am just getting hungry. Think I better get something legal before I blow it. Talk to you later.

Hi to all I missed. Gail, behave!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-10-2002, 02:20 PM   #13  
Web Nana

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS
It has been a busy week and the weekend has just flown by. Been busy babysitting most afternoons. DD#1 is working for a mortgage company and has not been able to pick up Cam after school so we have been doing it. He is no trouble. Today we went food shopping at Bedford Air Base. We usually go during the week but they have been doing road work and that only makes the traffic worse. Sunday no road work so...it was a good drive til about half way home. The State Troupers had the road blocked off across all lanes and were allowing a steady stream of cars to come onto the road from the exit. Apparently a funeral!!! The troupers car then proceeded to follow the cortege at a very slow pace until the exit before ours. Wow!!!!! Must have been someone important but I don't know who.
Have just finished unloading the groceries and putting them away. That is the worst part of food shopping. DH has gone for a walk and I am playing on the computer while the laundry is finishing up.

MAGGIE I have been trying to stay in FOCUS and think I am doing OK, we will see. Donuts are not my downfall I can live without them but put a dish of nuts anywhere near me and I am in trouble. I will not allow them in the house. It is so good that you could vary your count to accommodate visitors. I am sure that it will not affect your WI.

JEAN Isn't it fun how we can track plane travel. I do the same think when the kids travel. I bet those kids will want to sleep for a long time when they get through with those flights. I am glad that the bell ringing went so well and that you were able to get out so early.

GAILGood for you! Not only getting back OP but actually banking some. That's great!
Hope Wayne's eye appointment went well. We are in the same boat and everytime he says I don't need the eye medication yet I am thrilled.

SHARON I can hardly wait for the warmer weather to start working in the yard. We don't have a pond but I would love to have one. Now that we no longer have a dog I am hoping I can actually grow something besides weeds this year.

CINDY You will make a great mother!! I wish you the best and hope you won't have to wait too long for the good news.

Gloria in MA......need to take the clothes out of the dryer and put in another batch.
Old 03-10-2002, 04:38 PM   #14  
I will do it this time

Gloria, it is so pretty out right now. This morning it was wet and cold and now the sun is out and it has warmed up. I love this. I hope you can start working in your garden soon. We have been lucky in not having a dog that digs.

Last edited by Sharon; 03-10-2002 at 07:50 PM.
Old 03-10-2002, 09:42 PM   #15  
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

Default recipe

MEDITERRANEAN BEEF STEW

2 medium zucchini, cut into bite-size chunks
3/4 pound beef stew meat, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
2 (14.5-ounce) cans Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 (2-inch) stick cinnamon OR 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Place zucchini in bottom of a 3 1/2-quart electric crockpot. Add beef and remaining ingredients. Cover and cook on high setting 5 hours OR to low setting, and cook 7 hours. Remove and discard cinnamon stick before serving.

Yield: 4 servings

Per serving: 193 calories; 4g fat; 1.5g fiber

Points per serving: 4 points

This is delicious!

Gail
Closed Thread