Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2002, 12:59 PM   #16  
Dancing those pounds away

Thumbs down WOW....so many posts and it is not even noon.

Good Monday Morning.

I miss one day ....and tons of posts !!! LOL
I tried to get on for hours last night and I kept getting message that too many were in site and to try again later.
Now I know it was all of you. LOL

I would like to start this day with a moment to remember those lost 6 months ago (Sept 11th)... and their family and friends.

Next I want to count my blessings.
1. I have a wonderful family still with me.
2. I am not rich.. but I have all of my needs supplied... and more.
3. I have a wonderful cyber family here in this site.
4. I have found the solution to my food cravings and I am learning how to utilize this program. (slowly.. but learning just the same) LOL
5. I still have pretty good health even though I have abused my body with too much food and not enough exercise.

It took sooo long to just read this thread I don't have time to reply to everyone. But I do want to respond to Tina.
Tina.... everything I was going to say to you .. someone has beat me to it. What great friends we have here. Before I could come and inspire you on... YOU have come back and inspired ME.
Girl... no permanent damage done. The only thing that has changed is now you will have to say: " I have been on program for 2years except for one bad day."

I also want to welcome Duckie... I have not read the other thread where you joined us... but so glad you did.

Well friends... Monday is a new day.
It is the day that we are going to bite the bullet and not the bagel.
Monday is a marvelous day to stay on program.
Drink up my friends.... set your goals... and get that water down.
It does a body good.

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 03-11-2002 at 01:20 PM.
Old 03-11-2002, 01:14 PM   #17  
Progress..not perfection

Talking You guys are the best!

Just wanted to jump in here real fast and thank you guys again for all the love and support.......you guys are truly angels.
Don't have time to sit down and reply to everyone right now, but I will later, I promise. Today is my youngest son's birthday. (Yes, cake is in the house, but I don't care) I stalled on the side of the road for a minute, but my wonderful friends came to my rescue, fixed my flat tire, filled up my gas, changed my oil and pushed me back on the road again.........for this and many other reasons, I love you.

Welcome Duckie! This is the best group of friends on the planet and I feel blessed to call them mine.

And by the way, (thank you Andria for the suggestion)
GUESS WHO DID THE TWO MILE WALK IN HER LIVING ROOM THIS MORNING??

It wasn't Sara Lee!

Thanks again guys for being the best of the best!!
Old 03-11-2002, 01:55 PM   #18  

Hello Again

Just wanted to say thanks for making me feel at home and all the warm post's, I didn't realize there's so many people posting here, that's great.

What's the two mile walk, I've started doing Marching to Fitness tape, it's only 30min's so I can do the whole thing, but I'm not to coordinated so I probably look silly. I don't care I think I'll try the 21- Day Challenge, is anyone following it right now, how's it going.

Does anyone know of a good site that tell's you the calories for different foods???

Last edited by Duckie25; 03-11-2002 at 01:58 PM.
Old 03-11-2002, 02:55 PM   #19  
You and Me in 2003

Angry

Hello all
I must tell you I tried the Boca smoked sausage today it it is really good. . So far I have been op.
Breakfast
egg substitute
1/2 bagel
2 pieces turkey bacon
water

Lunch
Boca sausage
skinny chips
water
mixed fruit cup
Old 03-11-2002, 07:16 PM   #20  

WOO-HOO!! What a great day! I am positively beaming with motivation!! Everyone here is so "up" today, I love it!

I've had an excellent OP day today. I also had a very productive day. I made a to do list last night and actually got everything done before dinner! That means I can kick back and relax after I get the rug rats in bed to night and read a book. My only problem today is water. Not drinking it but retaining it! I've has SO much water, about 80 oz. I'm drinking and drinking, but I'm not...ya know...going. I'm sure that will turn around soon.

Anyhoo, here's something I am super happy about...
I had to give in and go buy some pants. I am down to one pair and have to wash them every night. I took my daughter and went to Shopko and found the cutest pair of pants EVER and they were on SALE!! And guess what else.... I got them in the "normal people section"!!! I haven't done that in a zillion years. They're large, they're stretchy, but they came from the normal section and fit. I was so happy I was skipping through the store. People must have thought I was nuts but my daughter thought it was a riot and went right along with me skipping down the isle. Don't ask me how a 190 pound person can fit into anything in that section. Thank goodness for elastic I guess.

Anyhoo, I'm off for now. Talk at ya later,
Jen
Old 03-11-2002, 07:40 PM   #21  

Thanks, Kat... I need to get back to following Simple Abundance each day....I have been slacking at that also.
Old 03-11-2002, 09:01 PM   #22  

Just wanted to pop back in real quick to tell Duckie: I don't know of a web site actually, although you could run a search engine on it. Most restaurants have web sites listing that info for their foods. I wanted to tell you about a good book though that has counts for every food you can think of just about. It's called "The Complete Book of Food Counts" by Corinne T. Netzer. It's pretty much the bible as far as food is concerned. It also lists the protien grams, carbo grams, fat grams, cholesterol, sodium, and fiber. Just thought I'd let ya know.
Jen
Old 03-11-2002, 09:57 PM   #23  
You and Me in 2003

Angry

Guess what? I mad the spaghetti tonight with the morningstar farms crumbles they couldn't tell the difference. They said it was great.

Have a good night see you tomorrow.
Old 03-11-2002, 11:08 PM   #24  
Dancing those pounds away

Smile Way to go...

Here I am and it is not in the middle of the night. LOL
I won't have access to the computer tonight or in the morning so I figured I better post now.

Tina... what a difference a day makes. You go girl !!!!
Mary.. you must be a better cook than me. My family always notices. LOL
Jen... what a wonderful vision I have... you and your daughter skipping down the aisle.
Duckie... who cares what we look like ... I am so proud of you.
Luckylady... I am going to have to check out that "Simple Abundance". I have heard lots of good stuff about it.

I am going to end with a piece of my own good news. My new grandbaby SMILED at me !!!!! What a good judge of character she is. LOL

My Tuesday Tip.... Keep coming back... no matter what.

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 03-11-2002 at 11:10 PM.
Old 03-12-2002, 12:14 AM   #25  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi everyone! Wow this is a busy place the past couple of days! It's good to see everyone back up and running.

I have to confess my BIG sin of the day. I did not go weigh in (written out for those of you who get confused with Wisconsin ). It is NOT something that I advise, advocate or condone........however........I did so crappy last week after showing a 3# loss, I couldn't imagine what would happen if I showed a 4# gain......so I skipped. But the good part is.....I dragged out my old WW points calculator (keeps track of points used electronically) and I fired it up and I'm keeping track. I bought it when I first started meetings and never really used it much. But I figure my head says that journalling is too much trouble so I'm going to see if I can stick to this for awhile (at least 7 days as that was my 'penance' if you all recall). I have also downed all 6 of my glasses of water so far, so I'm on the right track.

I made some salmon filets for dinner. I tried them on 'George' tonight since some of you swear by it's success. They were really good.

Malia: I love that you know that Monday brings exercise.

Tina: Ya know, hubby may be onto something saying that maybe you feel a little deprived. You really have been doing sooooo well, but you have said you've been eating less than you're really supposed to. Now I know that sounds good in theory, after all we have so much to lose, but on the down side the BIG losses will slow down and you might get very discouraged at that point. Also if you don't allow yourself a little 'treat' once in awhile, you will feel deprived. I'm amazed at your committment and perserverence. You are truly an inspiration. Oh, BTW, DON'T pass up on the weigh in tomorrow. With as well as you have been sticking to program, your one day of bingeing will not screw up your entire week. Even if you 'maintain' you're still on the right road. Weighing in may be just what you need to realize that the binge was not a complete disaster. [[[hugs]]] Good job on the two miles, good for you!

LuckyLadyBug: I loved the quote, it really hit home.

Baylee: I'm glad you're back OP too. * I have no idea what canalith repositioning is, but it doesn't sound like fun so good luck.

Mary: I'm so glad the crumbles passed your 'guy test' too. Isn't it funny how we can fool them???

Duckie: Sorry your boyfriend isn't more supportive. My husband was that way for a long time. We've been together for 30 years, married for 25 and he has never said anything about my weight climbing over the years. Finally after about a year on WW and doing so-so, I had to have a talk with him about being more supportive. He did better for a very long time, but I think we have to have that talk again.....soon.

Katrina: Thanks for sharing the excerpt from Simple Abundance. I have the book, but it's one of the collection that I haven't gotten to read yet, like most of them.

Andria: I loved your analogy of the journal and the anchor. That's exactly how I feel. Too bad that even though it is how we feel, we don't make ourselves journal anyway. What's up with that????

Jen: I'll be first in line for the circle of 'kick butts'. * How cool about the pants. I'm here skipping with you!

2cute: I loved 'bite the bullet, not the bagel', good line! * A smile from a baby: one of the most precious gifts!

Susie: Thanks so much for mentioning that you were eating the FF Banquet Chicken Patties. I had been using the Morningstar Farms Chic Patties (the soy ones) because I thought they were so much better for me, but the stats on the FF Banquet real ones is much better. So thanks again.

Well, I think I caught up with everyone. I have an appointment with the twatch doctor in the morning so I won't see you all until later in the day. Hey, at least it's better than making the appointment for on my birthday like I did last year. There's nothing better than your doctor wishing you a happy birthday from between your legs! I know, I know, too much information. Sorry! Love to all.

"I am what I am. Take it or leave me alone." - Rosario Morales

Last edited by thinthinker; 03-12-2002 at 12:20 AM.
Old 03-12-2002, 06:39 AM   #26  
Beauty is within...

Hi guys!

Just quickly popping in to pass on a fantastic thing I read today that I thought you might enjoy...

It's a bit lengthy, but well worth the read...

"DANCE LIKE NOBODY IS WATCHING...

We convince ourselves that life will be better after we get married, after we have a baby, then another. Then we are frustrated that the kids aren’t old enough and we’ll be more content when they are. After that we are frustrated that we have teenagers to deal with. We will certainly be happier when they are out of the stage. We tell ourselves that life will be complete when our spouse gets his or her act together, when we get a nicer car, able to go on vacation, when we retire.

The truth is, there is no better time to be happy than right now. If not, when?

Your life will always be filled with challenges. It’s best to admit this to yourself and decide to be happy anyway.
One of my favorite quotes comes from Alfred D. Souza. He said “for a long time it had seemed to me that life was about to begin – real life. But there was always some obstacle in the way, something to be worked through first, some unfinished business, time still to be served, a debt to be paid. THEN life would begin. At last it dawned on me that these obstacles were my life”.

This perspective has helped me to see that there is no way to happiness. Happiness is the way. So, treasure every moment that you have. And treasure it more because you shared it with someone special, special enough to spend your time. And remember that time waits for no one…

So stop waiting until you finish school, until you go back to school, until you lose 10 pounds, until you gain 10 pounds, until you have kids, until your kids leave the house, until you start work, until you retire, until you get married, until you get a new car or home, until your new car or home is paid off, until spring, until summer, until you are off welfare, until the first or fifteenth, until the some comes on, until you have a drink, until you have sobered up, until you die you are born again to decide that there is not better time than right now to be happy.

HAPPINESS IS A JOURNEY, NOT A DESTINATION

Work like you don’t need money, Love like you’ve never been hurt….
And Dance like no one is watching!!"

How’s that eh? LOVE IT!! It certainly matches what I’ve been striving for over the last year – to accept my life at ANY point, enjoy it, and move on. Because if you don’t love yourself now, and enjoy life now, when will you?

I hope is all well with you. I've missed coming in here, but it's been so hectic. I finally got the house settled and got a new job, so life is starting to return to normal. Also got some piccys, so hopefully get them to you soon.

Take care

Lynne
Old 03-12-2002, 07:48 AM   #27  

Lynne I had this
Quote:
HAPPINESS IS A JOURNEY, NOT A DESTINATION

Work like you don’t need money, Love like you’ve never been hurt….
And Dance like no one is watching!!"
but had misplaced it so thanks a million for posting it. It makes a perfect goal, don't you think?

Baylee It is suppose to be in the 40's today...my driveway will be MUD!!!!

Off to work, later....
Old 03-12-2002, 08:52 AM   #28  
You and Me in 2003

Angry

Morning all

Hope all my friends are well today. It is raining today and they say it will rain the rest of the week. Well there goes my yard sale for this week. I have been pulling out and pricing.

I told DH about the crumbles and he was surprised they tasted so good. But Iam not going to tell son. I want to try them in sloppy joe next.

Cute: I'm sure your a good cook. I sauteed some chopped onions and sliced mushrooms with a little garlic then added the crumbles. I added 2 cans of Hunts Lite spaghetti Sauce a little red wine to rinse the cans and added some basil, black pepper, a splash of worchester sauce and thats it. I love to cook and I LOVE to FOOL the MEN

Baylee: Did you get fresh Collards? They do not cook as quick as spinch. I wash them, cut out the tough stem. Have your water boiling add salt and a little oil. Cut your collards in smaller pieces. add to water and cook till they are tender. If we wern't watching calories we could add some bacon for seasoning. enjoy
Hope all of you have a great day.

Last edited by Grannie39074; 03-12-2002 at 08:57 AM.
Old 03-12-2002, 09:31 AM   #29  
a work in progress...

Default So many posts...so little time!

I'm psyching up to go to WW...I know there's going to be a loss, so why do I let this drive me crazy?? My sister isn't going today, so I contemplated not going also, but I NEED to see that loss! Now I'm obsessing about what if there isn't one?

I know I shoud not place so much emphasis on the scale number...my undies are looser, my rings are looser, I have exercised every day for the past couple of weeks, I KNOW I'M DOING WELL...and yet, I want that reward of lower numbers on the scale and in my book, but I'm afraid I won't get them!

I'm a therapist's dream case...

Oh well, I'm outta here, but first I have to go find some ...really light clothes!

...I'll be back with some new numbers for under my name

Last edited by katrinabgood; 03-12-2002 at 09:34 AM.
Old 03-12-2002, 11:49 AM   #30  

Smile

GOOD MORNING LADY'S

Hope every one's doing just peachy this morning, we got a bit of snow last night, the roads are pretty slick this morning, but I made it to work just fine. The DB (darling boyfriend) been driving me to work lately, he has to go by it to get to school, he's taking a welding course, tired of working on the drilling rig's. No more 3000.00 dollar checks every two weeks, Have to cut back, alot, on all my shopping spree's. Give him 4yrs and we should be making big bucks again. I suppose I can wait, at least he'll be enjoying what he does.

I did really good yesterday ate well all day, and was going to have a veggie burger ( never tried them yet) and some zuchhni and bok choy stirfry for supper, but forgot I had to go to my Brother's birthday dinner, and of course they had pizza, and usually I can't control myself around pizza, but I did good and only had 2 pieces, and that's all I had.

I love veggies cooked up, with some soy sauce. Does anyone have a good recipe for asparagus ( yummy). I usually just boil them and add a little butter and salt and pepper.

Jehari thanks for the suggestion, I'll have to go to the book store and get it, I'm tired of looking up calories on the web and having to wait, or not being able to find what I'm looking for. I wonder if there's an electronic calculator like the weight watcher calculator that add's up the calories instead of the points, then you can just punch in your food instead of journaling, I hate journaling.

Can any of you lady's on weight watcher's tell me if the point books have the calories as well as the points listed, I can't remember. I have the books packed away some where, I just dont want to go digging for them if they don't list the calories.

Baylee I've tried fitday before. I find it takes along time to down load foods. I had ahole bunch of foods down loaded and was journaling daily, then one day I went back in and everything was gone, don't know why. So it p*ssed me off and I gave up, I use it now to keep track of my weight, plus I don't have a computer at home I use the one at work, and I work 8 days on 6 off so I can't keep a running journal.

Kat good luck at your WI hope you see the result of your hard work. Hope to see Happy face all over your next post.

Have a good day will check in later:sheep:
Closed Thread