Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-01-2008, 01:44 PM   #106  
Stepping Up

S/C/G: 228/ticker/160

Height: 5ft 9.5

Zenor77: its about £1.06.9 per litre, but you have to drive 4 miles to get it that cheap, the garage round the corner from us is at £1.11 per litre..

i get paid expenses at work when i have to drive which is 40p per mile so i like that! it means i get so much more for my money..

i get the tram to work every day, but at £2.70 for a return its pretty expensive, the prices keep going up but the service still stinks!

how much farther can it creep up before the economies (here and USA) totally collapse!? food prices etc all rise with fuel... diesel is even more expensive at £1.49 per litre... thats what trucks etc all use so its even worse.

to be honest, the price of travel is crippling us right now

Jules: WAY TO GO!!! lets go for those five then do a nesxt five i reckon

Wardhog: you're a good way into it, so it gets slower, are u measuring? bet ya losing inches with all that training huh!

Its 7pm here, im just about to tuck into a burger, no bun and chicken dipped in sour cream yummo!
PrettyPaula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 01:55 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 177/134/132

Height: 5'5

EZ, I just saw your thread, thank God. I've been super busy lately and have been away from the boards for awhile. Thus, I really need to join your thread. Even though I still exercise, somehow, between going out to dinner a few times, stress and overeating, I gained 6 lbs.!! This is so not like me. Since this is May 1, I figure it's a brand new start. This morning I did jazzercise and 35 minutes on the treadmill. That's a beginning to a great day. I'm not going to weigh myself until next Friday, however. I don't want to lose momentum. Thanks so much for this thread!
Dena
Den@ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 02:26 PM   #108  
Hardwork...Dedication

S/C/G: 156/142/128

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by thistoo View Post
What are you doing for workouts right now? Running has helped me a lot; there's the couch to 5K program if you're not a runner, or maybe you need to up the intensity of what you're already doing.

Are you lifting weights? That will help burn calories too, which will help your numbers start going down again.
First of all, Thanks for the great advice. Guess I'm getting a little crazy now because the weather is getting better. And I feel like my time is running out to get in shape. Almost time to break out the swimsuits! Scary!!

Right now, I'm running 3-4x a week training for a 5K next weekend! I also do 30 mins of weight training/abs 3x a week! Looking back at my food journal, I think I can improve on my water and protein intake. And as always, give up the my weekend wine binges! Well..at least bring it down to 3 glasses or less for the entire weekend.

Guess it's time to ramp up the intensity! For the last two days, I've added a 30 min urban rebounding workout in the morning. Let's hope that helps me get rid of a little more junk in my truck. Losing weight off a pear shape bottom is brutal!!

Last edited by dangerouscurves76; 05-01-2008 at 03:07 PM.
dangerouscurves76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 02:57 PM   #109  
Hardwork...Dedication

S/C/G: 156/142/128

Height: 5'6

Default Dang...I should be paying for your expertise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hat Trick View Post
Motivation is fleeting; commitment will get you to your goal. Here's link to a site w/a good take on motivation. Go about 1/2 way down the page till you get to '20 Questions'. Its the fifth question. http://skwigg.tripod.com/blog/index.blog?from=20071231

Don't know your plan but have your tried zig-zagging your cals? This seems to work for alot of folks.
Hat Tick: You are the BEST!! Thank You soooo much for the suggestions and the reading material! Still not done checking out the sites! Looks like I've got some work to do! Mentally and physically!
dangerouscurves76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 03:12 PM   #110  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangerouscurves76 View Post
Guess it's time to ramp up the intensity! For the last two days, I've added a 30 min urban rebounding workout in the morning. Let's hope that helps me get rid of a little more junk in my truck. Losing weight off a pear shape bottom is brutal!!
I hear you! I'm an hourglass, but I lose weight like a pear (i.e. my top is two sizes smaller than my bottom, which is NOT COOL). Right now I'm doing an hour plus of cardio (running intervals, mostly) 4x a week, and an hour of circuit training 3x a week. It's frustrating having to work so hard when I still have so much to lose, but that's life.

You'll get there, just keep at it! I'm going to check out urban rebounding; it sounds intriguing.

Last edited by thistoo; 05-01-2008 at 04:28 PM.
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 03:55 PM   #111  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

THAT'S WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR! ~ EVERYONE'S AN ASSITANT COACH! OH YEAH!!

It is so nice to see so many of us coming here for a loss and leaving with a gain!....NO! Not in pounds....in knowledege and support!

I got off a little early today, I do have to go hit another job a little later for an hour or so. I already have 4.5 miles done on the treadmill and I might be able to go with Angie and walk the dogs to the vet, for a few more miles, if I get back in time.

Meal have been the same ~ breakfast was Total and OJ ~ Lunch was homemade soup and turkey sandwich. I cook tonight ~ whole wheat pasta with "jarred" spinach and marinara sauce with sourdough bread...(I know!! I know!!...I will go easy on it!)

SHADES~OUCH! Right now I have 1! I won't make any comments about "rocks in the mouth?"

HAT TRICK ~You are an awesome COACH The pizza story cracks me up....you should see me about 1 hour after we get pizza delivered here...me~pizza~and a few beers =

BARGOO ~ Great job on the "no cookies!"

PAULA ~Super that you like the new tattoo!

CAT ~ 3 down...

MARGIE.B ~What makes you think you can just show up every 4 or 5 months?

ZENOR ~OK...how do you make it? Polenta with spinach, etc? Angie is 1/2 Italian...we bought her a polenta pot for Christmas, the kids and I...all we get is...well... polenta...which is great with her chicken caccitore...but...humm...yours sounds delicious!

JULES ~ Yep I guarantee 5 pound losses! I'm not going anywhere...and no one else is either until WE do it! We take them down 1 pound at a time...until we get to 5....we worry about the rest of them later!

WARDHOG ~Great work-out!

DENA ~Glad you joined us! we are here for the brand new start!

MONIQUE ~ I'll watch that wine intake for you if you watch that beer intake for me

THISTOO ~ Yes it is a hard knock life!...but Thank God we are here to KNOCK it back a notch or two ourselves!

Cheering you on while my assistant coaches do the work!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 05:32 PM   #112  
Choosing with every bite.

S/C/G: 212.5/182/155

Height: 5' 7"

Weight stayed the same today. So the carb fest yesterday didn't hurt me on the scale . . .yet.

Stayed on plan today - perhaps under plan as I don't think I had enough for lunch. Cutting up chicken for my salad with a plastic knife caused me to stop cutting too soon. I snacked on some turkey later so came out ok in the end
WebRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 09:13 PM   #113  
this is my time

S/C/G: 200/174/135

Height: 5'6"

just a quick update to say that everything has been going good on all accounts. i will weigh in on Saturday morning.
mrsaugie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 09:49 PM   #114  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

WEBROVER ~I am "now" thinking of buying ALL plastic ware!

mrsaugie ~ Great!
Old 05-01-2008, 11:43 PM   #115  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Today starts a tough part for me..this is where I usually slip. I need to eat more today, tomorrow and through Saturday lunch, especially carbs. I have a race Saturday a.m. The challenge is to add good stuff like more of the whole grain bread I make, in reasonable portions. Not fries or icecream. AND the tougher part is to go back to loss mode come Saturday night.

Did good today although I am not sure I carbed enough. Such a freaking balance.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 11:49 PM   #116  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Oh yeah...the good old carb loads! So many spaghetti dinners for the high school cross country teams!! So long ago...miss it...although my son, now the big coach, called last night to say the high school team he coaches won league for track!...he is the jumps coach.

What are you running on Saturday ENNAY?...Angie does a half marathon relay with her sister next Saturday.
Old 05-02-2008, 12:25 AM   #117  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Height: 5'6"

EZ~ I make the polenta by boiling the yellow grits in water with a little salt. Then I serve it in bowls with fresh spinach and mushrooms that have been sauteed with olive oil and garlic. Add cheese, stir and eat. It's very simple and very filling. You can also mix eveything in and put it in a loaf pan to cool, then slice and sautee in some olive oil to warm it, but I usually just eat it hot in a bowl. It's easier that way. It makes a good breakfast too with a tiny pat of butter and a little smidge of maple syrup. We didn't have that tonight though, we went out for Chinese food. I was tired and yes, I was good and didn't eat much. So, polenta will have to be another night. Oh and it's also fun to do a "polenta bar". You make a big pot of it and then let people pick their own add-ins.

Pretty Paula~ I think that works out to be around $4.25/gallon, which is higher (but not that much) higher then here. For some reason I though as was a lot more expensive in Europe, I guess not anymore.
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 08:29 AM   #118  

Height: 5'8"

I've been OP for the last 5 days, my weigh in day is Thurs. I was afraid the scale was not going to be good to me since I had big slip over the wknd and TOM is around the corner.

The scale didn't move in either direction so I was very relieved. Working out is a big problem for me, anyone want to ??? I know how important it is but I keep making excuses not to work out.

Everyone is doing a great job!
friendlykat4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 09:36 AM   #119  
No surrender, no retreat

S/C/G: 170/148! :D /134

Height: Vertically comfy 5'2"; horizontally challenged

Everyone sounds like they are really on track with their plans. Way to GO!

I switched up my lunch yesterday eating more cals - I also drank a glass of 2% milk w/ it - and even though I was around 1,000 cals by dinner (I usually like to keep it at 800 or so; I like to have 'buffer cals' in case I want something after dinner ) my lunch held me from 11:30a.m. till 4:30p.m. which is when I started getting hungry. I came in btwn 1400-1500 cals yesterday and did not give in last night to eat anything. Tummy was starting to rumble but I drank water and told it to shut up! I was also moving the entire time from lunch till 4:00p.m. digging out the mighty yew. Anyone ever do this? EGADS, those suckers are like cemented into the ground. Did discover an alternate HIIT exercise -- a 6' long, 17 lb. digging bar, pointy at one end and flat on the other. Plunging it into the ground under the shrub over and over and over. I realized after about 5 mins of this that I felt exactly like I do when I speed up/slow down on the TM. Rested for a few minutes then at the shrub again. Heartbeating like crazy!! Great UB workout too. Hmmm, maybe I should go into the 'shrub removal' business for the summer.

The scale has not budged one bit for me so far (since Sat). Grrr, frustrating but I am just keeping at it. I've gotten in 3 TM w/outs and one UB (w/squats and lunges thrown in for good measure) w/out so far this wk. Am planning another TM HIIT a bit later today and will start on the next shrub if the weather is good.

bargoo and cakses -- wow, you guys DO lose fast!! Great going. Bargoo, you've surpassed your goal!!!

MargieB, jules1216, WardHog -- I'm like you guys; I need more time to lose.

Pretty Paula - very cool about the wedding on TV thing. What show is it? I wonder if we get it here (U.S.A.)

dangerouse curves -- your welcome. Yeah, I really really like skwiggs blog. TONS of info there.

EZ - thanks for the nice words. I find that the more I listen to everyone else the more I realize that we are all in the exact same boat. Giving support to others gives me support. There have been several times when I've almost reached for something to eat that I shouldn't be having and I've thought 'hey, so and so is doing this and if they can stick w/it so can I'. It works fairly often in stopping me (sigh, not always though! )

Have a great day all. Anyone else catch Survivor last night? Ooooo, three wks in a row where someone got blindsided. Most excellent!

Last edited by Hat Trick; 05-02-2008 at 09:38 AM.
Hat Trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 09:53 AM   #120  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZMONEY View Post
What are you running on Saturday ENNAY?...Angie does a half marathon relay with her sister next Saturday.
I'm running a HILLY 10K. It's not a goal race, just a training race, so I am not so much carb loading as trying to not carb deplete for the next couple days.

Last edited by ennay; 05-02-2008 at 09:54 AM.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote