Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-22-2008, 06:20 PM   #391  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZMONEY View Post
Hi Ladies ~

Checked in at 174 this morning so that was a little better . Took the dogs out for 3.5 miles after work so that was good . Overate burritos at dinner so that was bad
what is it about portion control that is so hard? We KNOW we should eat less, but once we see that food...
I seriously have to put a set (measured and/or weighed) amount on my plate and package up the rest. I can control going back for more, but if it on my plate or within reach, it often isn't pretty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebRover View Post
Well posting all my weights must have been a good trigger for me.
I've dropped a half pound a day since to my lowest on this journey.
I'm down today to 174.5

(I wanted a brownie today , then I remembered I had tomatoes and ate tomatoes instead. I'm not going to try to convince anyone, including myself, that tomatoes are a replacement for brownies, but I didn't go hunting down chocolate, so it was successful. )
That is AWESOME. Both the weight loss and the brownie substitution. You are doing GREAT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondebritbrat17 View Post
I'm going to be a teacher! I'm really excited about my decision and I feel SUCH a load off my shoulders. I also FINALLY got my yoga kit.
Great choice! I work with teachers every day. They are amazing folk that make a real difference in the world. I think you will like yoga, it really helps me with stress reduction and flexibility

Quote:
Originally Posted by thistoo View Post
This morning the scale tells me I'm down to 195.4.
You are gonna hit the magic 5 lbs. really soon! Way to go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyPaula View Post
im still at 203
Hang in there Paula, it will start moving again soon. I know when I was close to ONEDERLAND it seemed like the scale would not budge. But it finally did, and it will for you too

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadesofGray View Post
The scale is finally moving in the right direction! Down another pound today, so only 1.5 pounds to go! AND I'm finally out of the 150's (hopefully for good this time)!!
WOW - 140's are soooooo close! You are in the home stretch. Nothing can stop you now

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangerouscurves76 View Post

Anyone else feel panic setting in just thinking about the weekend? I'm seriously starting to feel more and more anxious each day.
I'm really not. I am so used to this by now, that it doesn't phase me. I have planned my menus, done my shopping and plan to stay active and get some much deserved rest. I am really looking forward to the weeked

I recommend that you lay out what the weekend looks like and make some eating plans. Take food with you if you need to, and certainly enjoy yourself, but make a pact with yourself now - you WILL stay on plan AND have fun. The two are not mutually exclusive
You CAN do this and I'm looking forward to your post next week telling us how successful you were

Cold but sunny today, I did Zumba indoors instead of my usual walk. But I did take the to work today. I am really enjoying riding it.
My weight was down today, but I'm not going to post it unless it stays down tomorrow as well. If it does, I will have finally lost all 5 lbs.
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 07:39 PM   #392  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Quote:

(I wanted a brownie today , then I remembered I had tomatoes and ate tomatoes instead.......
AWESOME WebRover!

[QUOTE=blondebritbrat17;2212492]Thanks EZMoney. I figured out why I had a migraine. I've been really stressed out about money and finishing up college. I finally made up my mind on what I'm going to do with myself career-wise. I'm going to be a teacher! ............QUOTE]

WHAT! You're having migranes and to stop them you decided on teaching... Ask my wife, son and daughter in law (all teachers) when their headaches started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thistoo View Post
This morning the scale tells me I'm down to 195.4. Now if it will just *stay* down, I'll be in business! Only 4 more ounces to my first five pound challenge, so I am staying stuck to my plan like glue this week.

Have a great day, everyone!
We'll just start calling you "Elmer's" Thistoo!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 07:47 PM   #393  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyPaula View Post
ive had another 2 hour tattoo session today and went a bit woozy afterward, but i sucked a mint and drank some diet coke i was NOT going to give in to chocolate to stop the wooziness! im fine now after a lovely lunch and some strawberries... stuck at 203 though... BOO!!! it will move i know it will
Be careful there Paula... The scale will move...just stay with your plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadesofGray View Post
The scale is finally moving in the right direction! Down another pound today, so only 1.5 pounds to go! AND I'm finally out of the 150's (hopefully for good this time)!!

I ran for 3 miles this morning and it felt really good. I'll probably get out later today and do an hour or two of rock climbing.
AWESOME SHADES!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangerouscurves76 View Post
Hi everyone!

Anyone else feel panic setting in just thinking about the weekend? I'm seriously starting to feel more and more anxious each day. I think I'm going to follow mrsaugie's led and run the 5K all three days. Hopefully, that will keep me on track! Wish I had more time for personals but I've got to run. Be back later.

Hope everyone is having a great day!
Yep Monique...I am already strating to "know" I will go BBQ wild...but Angie and i are probably doing 3 5K's this weekend to, so that will help a little...plus I will probably get some treadmill in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountingDown View Post
what is it about portion control that is so hard? We KNOW we should eat less, but once we see that food...
I seriously have to put a set (measured and/or weighed) amount on my plate and package up the rest. I can control going back for more, but if it on my plate or within reach, it often isn't pretty...............

The thing is SCOOTER I pretty much knew I was going to overeat! I cooked it and I was the only one eating since Angie had BUNKO and knucklehead was with friends! sad

Cold but sunny today, I did Zumba indoors instead of my usual walk. But I did take the to work today. I am really enjoying riding it.
My weight was down today, but I'm not going to post it unless it stays down tomorrow as well. If it does, I will have finally lost all 5 lbs.
Careful on that scooter and let's hope that weight gets posted real soon
Old 05-22-2008, 07:50 PM   #394  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

I was at 174 again this morning. Hard day at work, nasty weather here...stormy...it has been in the high 70's to 90's...go figure. No miles today with the long day at work. Angie and I are hoping to do 3 5K's of various levels and destinations this week-end.

Have a great Friday and Memorial Day Week-end TEAM!!
Old 05-22-2008, 08:16 PM   #395  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

evening all..its been a crazy busy day. I did get up early this am and get my butt kicked by my pt...let's see if it pays off on the scale.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 08:19 PM   #396  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

blondebrit..btw..i use to get bad migranes...two things changes that.
1. i got a mouth guard ..i use to grind my teeth due to stress and it would cause migranes.
2. found a chiropracter. I actually found that my C2 was misaligned..every since starting chiro apts i haven't had a migrane. I would highly recommend looking into it if the migranes persist.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 09:01 PM   #397  
Choosing with every bite.

S/C/G: 212.5/182/155

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
I've dropped a half pound a day since to my lowest on this journey.
I'm down today to 174.5

I'm sure I'll bounce around some more before continuing down.
Bounced up today - a pound. Glad I didn't seek out and eat that brownie! Just think where I could be. So now I'm a whopping 1 pound down. But I know within a day or so I'll bounce back down.

PrettyPaula - I'm sure you'll see a loss soon. It's so frustrating when the scale stays stuck. I stayed stuck at 198 for quite a while and was very happy when it started bouncing down from there.

Shades of Grey - you're doing great.

thistoo - you're almost there!
WebRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 09:36 PM   #398  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Angie here-

Hey BlondBrit- congratulations on your decision to become a teacher. Be thankful you won't be teaching if CA - teachers are being laid off left and right due to budget cuts.
I don't really know if your migraines will disappear now that you have decided on a career path. I think you will be trading one migraine for about 20 - 25 of them!!
Old 06-06-2008, 06:45 PM   #399  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Hi all - Hope you had a GREAT Friday! We had some nasty weather here, which made me happy that I had to work. I was able to zip home, just before it it

Looks like more is coming in soon. Weight is still down to 135.0.

Have a GREAT weekend - and - stay strong!
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 07:36 PM   #400  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Because of the CRASH ~ I have started a new 5 Pound Loss Thread ~ GO there and thanks for giving us 400 posts! We make an awesome team!

STOP POSTING HERE!

Last edited by EZMONEY; 06-06-2008 at 07:39 PM.