3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Weight Loss Support

Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Alternative Group [March 4, 2002]

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2002, 09:34 AM   #46
Must Shrink.

Good morning everyone! It's the cursed March Break here in Ontario, so the kids have been home and husband took the week off too. So I haven't had opportunity to be anywhere near the computer this week. But today they have gone off to visit John's mom who lives 3 hours away, so I have the day to myself to get my assignment done and I'm working from 3:30 to 8 pm tonight.

We went out for breakfast this morning, and I had 2 eggs, no yolk, 3 sausages, 1.5 toast, hash browns.... So I think I'll have zero point soup for lunch with zero point salad, and more of the same for dinner. Clothes still feel comfortable but not quite as loose as they were a couple of months ago. My habits are slipping. Must rein in again.

Spring will help, I think.

Birds singing like crazy this week at dawn! I think I heard a Robin, although I haven't seen one yet. Tons of Swans though, flying back and forth.
Teenage pregnancy always terrified me. When I was 16 I went on the pill way before I had sex just because there was no way in **** I was going to get pregnant. I considered pregnancy up there with death. Mat says in grade 8 there were a lot of sexually active kids in his class. I believe it. A dear friend of mine was over the other night and her son (just turned 12) is in grade 6 and has had the same girlfriend for 3 months. They were discovered lying together on his bed at his birthday party, (they were tired. Give me a break) and she really doesn't have any problem with this.

Anyway. I really, really hope that Morgan (also 12) sticks to her independence for another year or so...

Smokey is well again! He is finishing up his anti-biotics this week, but has been back to his old self since Sunday/Monday. Eating, causing mischief, being a total suck of a cat. You can't sit down without him getting on your lap, I think he is so happy to feel better again.

Well off to do my assignment. I only got an 80% last week on my 7th one, and that blew my 96% average all to heck. I'll have to ace the next two for sure.

I still love my job, getting out lots of books and tapes and videos for the kids.

Have a great day...

Lois

Old 03-14-2002, 11:05 AM   #47
you can call me flower

S/C/G: 205/165/149

Height: 5-5

Rutie-you should like you are in need of another nature walk. I am not afraid of the homeless people. I am more nervous of teenage boys in packs. Congrats on $1000 donation. I may have to support Mr Paul a bit more often. I think you can do your marathon in the alotted time. It is a bit easier when you have to! You will be walking with others too. They will keep the pace up. YOU CAN DO IT! I think you should hire an attorney. Try to find someone who wouldn't charge as much. A student or a firm for lower income perhaps??? But you do want your record clean. This would effect your credit, your ability to rent anything, to buy anything ect... even a job or schooling. Its a character thing. Take care of it.

Pumkinseed-the whole state of Ore is beautiful. I miss it! I am still toying with the idea of buying a house in Seaside. I miss the water. Thatnks for understanding how it is to be one of the guys. It is frustrating, wonder if thats part of the reason I let myself go.....

Shiela-our weather keeps changing too. You can't count on 2 days of same weather in a row. Most the nice days are when I am stuck inside. Did you sign up for WW?

Amy-pregger babies! This is so sad. A friend of my boyfriends came over last night. He said that a co worker was sleeping with a teenager. He is 25, she 14. What to do, her parents don't care what she does. They are doing drugs all the time. I told him to call the school. Anonoymously. They will care. Esp in this town. They take that seriously. So sad...but so real.

Eydie-congrats on the relaxed muscles! Finally!!!!!

Wildfire-kids are a downer sometimes huh? My 12 year old is testing me big time. My 8 year old is a bossy one. My baby is a meany, but I love them. (This hour anyways) What is the newest chapter in your saga?

Well, I have a million things to do today. I was billed 2 years for my pager which has been turned off for 2 years, or so I had though. I need stamps to send out thank yous that are 2 months old. I have to do more laundry. And sign up for my insurance. I want to go to the mall. I have a 25 gift cirtificate if i spend 50 at Lane Bryant. We aren't allowed to wear capris at work. I had 3 pairs of them in black before I took the job. Thats 3 I can't wear to work. I only have 3 solids left and one pair needs to be hemmed and I don't want to wear them till I loose 5 more pounds. I wouldn't be able to eat lunch that day!!!! I have 2 pairs of print, but not on weekends. I would like a compfy pair. I was so formal last week, not fun on (.) days.

I go to the doc at 4:10 today. Finally to get my results. My doc wasn't availabe so I am seeing someone else. No biggie, it is the same to me.

The guy who I have a crush on. (Remember it is a harmless crush, it just keeps me at work, instead of looking for another job). He came in on Tuesday drenched in sweat. He was wearing his sweat suit. His back was drenched. His armed pitts wet ect... He took his backpack to the restroom, washed up and a half hour later a spic and span man. I learned something that day. Well, other than he is cute clean or dirty. I learned that you can fit in a workout if you really want to. This guy doesn't need to work out, he does it cause he likes it. He made the time even if it ment changing at work. I need that additude. I need to make the time. I need to find it fun, a want to, not a have to!!!!! He smiles shyly at me. What an ego boost. I am not cheating, just recharging my flat ego!

Well, I hope you are all well. I am going to play a bit of POGO. The online game company and then attack my to do list. I work at 10 tomorrow. ~flower
Old 03-14-2002, 11:40 AM   #48

Default I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaack!

It's been a looooong while, but I'm back.

My father died six weeks ago, and I've been struggling with all the issues that people struggle with at times like these. Doing much better, though, and I thank everyone for the support and kind wishes.

I did gain 3.8 pounds those first couple of weeks (stress, funeral food, and emotional eating), but I did stick with my gym and walking regimen for the most part. The gym was particularly helpful, because I had a place to go whenever I felt restless and wanted to get out of the house to spend 30-40 minutes moving from one weight machine to another. And even though I haven't been walking at 100% of what I should be to be absolutely on track for my marathon in San Diego in June, I did keep up at maybe 70% and should be fine (especially with the weight training under my belt) now that I'm back in the swing of things.

So ... I've lost that 3.8 pounds PLUS some, and I've dropped a pants size. Even my smile feels good.

Ruthie, (( CONGRATS! )) on the scholarship! Oodles of luck with that #1 school pick. And I'm so excited that you're at 9 miles already! (( (( whoo hoo! )) )) Which marathon are you doing? Will we see each other in San Diego after all?

Last edited by Venus Envy : 03-14-2002 at 11:49 AM.
Old 03-14-2002, 12:39 PM   #49

KIM!!! So glad to see you back ... we knew about your dad from the board, and had posted our sympathies some time ago, but since you didn't get to see them, let me say again how sorry I am and that it's good to see you bounce back. I am doing San Diego, too, so we will have to plan to meet up there. And I want to THANK YOU again for pointing me towards TNT -- it's the greatest thing I've done in a long time. I love it!

Speaking of academics -- I got admitted to #3 school. Even though it's no lnoger in the running because #2 school offered me the $10K scholarship, it's nice to know they wanted me.

I looked up the statute on leaving the scene, and the penalty is $200-400 fine, six months suspension, and possible 30 days jail. So I am definitely hiring a lawyer. Other than that, everything's going great .

Time to go back to work.

no distractions, no excuses
Old 03-14-2002, 01:09 PM   #50

Hello Everyone!!!!!!!!!
So far I havent joined WW yet ( I have to wait till I deposit some $$ in the account first..) But before I join I want to see what the atmosphere is like, in other words I wanna meet the director or meeting coordinator first if I dont feel comfy there I wouldnt want to give that place my starter fee and being stuck paying another start up fee some where else

Ruthie about the license thing. Now the DMV is on a NCIC all over the country so if you do lose your lincense in one state you cant get one else where till the penality it repaired.. And your right about if you have the info on the guys insurance you didnt leave the scene. But see if your local pro bono attorney office has a lawyer that will cover accident issues..That way you cover your a** , even if they really dont have a case it is just pice of mind..

I didnt mean to "get on a soap box "about 13-14 year old mamas I have no excuses for preaching on that issue for that I am sorry it just struck a nerve since my DD is 12 now it scared me.. Forgive me??

LaMorgan Glad to hear that your kitty is better now.. I hope to hear some birds when I wake up where I live. It is in the middle of the city so the only birds I see are pidgeons and garbage picking crows.. I miss Robins and Blue Jays and finches.. If i cant get my birdsong fix at hom I will go to the park and sit in the woods ..

Flower Careful with POGO it became my online downfall..I dont go there anymore at all!! I been checking out the Laine Bryant online site.. Now I have to find the Laine bryant store in my state if they have one ( I could just check the site) I just HATE spending money on me.. Becuz I know if I get to goal I have to throw away all those clothes I shouldnt have boughtten when I was big..Hubby says I shouldnt think like that but I have always been one that HATES to waste $$ on stuff like that. BUT they do have GREAT clothes maybe I will indulge sometimes even though I just spent $51. not too long ago for new pants and some PJs..

Eydie:.. Glad to hear you are on the mends. Home scales scare me I never get accurate ones unless I pay big$$

Venus: WELCOME BACK!!! sorry to hear about the loss of your dad but I am glad to hear you are doing better now ..Congrats on the 3.8 pound loss! Gyms are good therapy (so I heard) they are great stress reducers. I have my own resistance gym at home but I would love to someday go somewhere to really work off inner demons while working off my extra spare tires.. ( Da da Daaaaa Hello there I am the Michelin Girl )

Well Ladies I am off . I have a few other things to do before my day is a total waste ..Talk to you soon
Take Care
Sheila

oh WILDFIRE...... Where for art thou WILDFIRE??? Hope to hear from you soon.. Or are you still walking to Kansas??

Ruthie ..Congrats on the #3 school acceptance I knew they would want you there.. But I am glad to hear your still going for the one with the scolarship..CONGRATS!!!!! (You posted as I was writing )

Last edited by sheila061968 : 03-14-2002 at 01:11 PM.
Old 03-14-2002, 02:42 PM   #51
Is it Friday yet?

Hello everyone!

Today's my Friday - boy am I ready for it! Then I found out that this weekend my satalite company is having free preview of Starz all weekend. I may get nothing done...

Venus - I'm sorry to hear of your father's passing and SO happy to see you back here. You were missed .

Ruthie - Yup, I guess I did mean Flower! Oooh, but I type too quickly sometimes... Did I miss something about someone leaving the scene of an accident? My ex and I were involved in a hit and run and we found the guy 3 days later (he drove right past us at a red light with my cars' transfer paint all over his crunched front end). We were driving our 'Vette and had no problem following him to his house, calling the police and taking him to court.

Sheila - Oh, nothing to be forgiven for! You did nothing wrong. Believe me, I've dealt with my emotions about the woman who gave birth to my neice (who by the way turned out to be an awsome perfectly balanced kid). The problem is is that I have that damned red-headed temper, a pretty short fuse and the capacity to hold a **** of a grudge . The situation 10 years ago still has the ability to bring out the worst in me.

I'm off to have a little lunch then work on my news letter for my online group - this weeks topic??? Ley lines! Should be fun!

Terri

Oh! Did you all hear that Miss Cleo got busted? They found out she's not a Shaman from Jamaica - she's from CALIFORNIA!!!
Old 03-14-2002, 10:04 PM   #52
you can call me flower

According to the doctor, there isn't a darn thing wrong with me. Everything came out absolutely normal. How bizarre is that???
Old 03-15-2002, 05:01 AM   #53

Yay, Flower! Glad you're healthy! I wish I had a doctor (or anyone) tell me I'm normal, LOL!

Terri, enjoy your couch potato weekend !

Sheila, that's a smart strategy to want to meet the WW meeting director first -- wish I'd done that. Let us know if they let you do that.

I would really like to lose 10 lbs. by the time of the marathon (June 2). I'm afraid to set the goal, though -- isn't that crazy? It's the one part of my life where I'm a weiner. Maybe I'll do this -- I'll think about it over the weekend and decide by Monday if I'm going to set the goal or not.

I'm super tired today but I absolutely have to walk. I've blown my training schedule all to heck this week b/c I got distracted and made excuses.

Old 03-15-2002, 05:21 AM   #54
Must Shrink.

Success is terrifying. I look back on all the things as a young woman that I didn't do or quit, and it came down to I was afraid to do well. I was out of my comfort zone!

I'm nearly 40 now, and I'm living out of my comfort zone quite happily!

This has been a long week. I'm weary.

Welcome back Venus!

Have to go do my papers, I'll pop back later if I can get near the computer....

L

Old 03-15-2002, 09:28 AM   #55

S/C/G: 189/177/135

Height: 5'7

No soap box here! I just don't understand how parents don't know where there young teens are. I think after about 15 you can't keep up with them as well but 12, 13, and 14 (I can honestly say my mother simply just didn't give a crap) she let me date at 13 I was almost raped by my best friends 18 yr old brother because they thought he was nice enough to take me out and I was dumb enough to go and then did get raped the following year by going to a drinking party with my mothers permission. So "things" happen but I think with kids under 15 that it is the parents fault for not being responsible, kids don't have or use good judgement. So the parents need to be aware of what is going on and give them the heads up on how hard it is to deal just being a teen and triplely hard being a teen mom.

I had a bad day yesterday, I think I am getting sick again came home from work with a migraine slept from 4 to 8 and was back asleep by 11... didn't want to get up this morning either. I haven't taken my vitamins in three days that may have something to do with it.

I am still eating pretty well, not "bad" anyway just can't seem to get the portion thing back in control.

I still have 20 to 26 pounds to loose depending on the scale, Works scales say I am like 154/156 home says I am 148/150... low weight this past year has been 141 and I am still wearing a size 8 so can't complain but I would like to get a little lower.

I want to thank you guys for being so supportive this past year, you all have helped me loose 40 pounds and I really appreciate the help! I don't know that I could of done it with out you.

I am going to try and get ready and go to Pensacola this morning and get those clothes for DD...

Hugs to you all!
Amy
176/148/130

Goal weight: 135 or loose size 6

Old 03-15-2002, 11:32 AM   #56
you can call me flower

Amy-HUGS!!!! I think you needed that!

I was raped at 15-in the bushes outside my parents home by my best friends boyfriend. I had been to far worse places than that. Only to be done at the place you trust the most. Not the ideal place to loose your virginity huh? I grew up fast that summer. Took a **** of a long time to trust anyone. My son thinks I am so old and don't get it, he is 12. But frankly, I get it far too much. I remember those days as if it were yesterday and I would never turn the clock back to repeat them!!!!!

Well, diet starts today. I am taking the healthy approach. I am gonna try to stop the refined foods and see if that makes me feel better. If nothing is wrong with me, than I suppose some real food, fresh air, a positive attitude sould make me feel whole again.

I am gonna live till I am 99. So I am in the final week on the fist 1/3 of my life. I am going to start the second 3rd with a whole new attitude. No more being a victim. I am strong, I am smart, I am talented. I am interesting and I WILL suceed!!!!! (So how's that for a pep talk!)

Welcome back Venus!

~tootles! flower
Old 03-15-2002, 12:01 PM   #57

S/C/G: 189/177/135

Height: 5'7

Yeah!!!!! Flower!!!!!!!!!!

Great attitude, wonderful approach! Thanks for the hug!

Amy

Goal weight: 135 or loose size 6

Old 03-16-2002, 05:25 AM   #58

Lois, I dig what you're saying about success being scary, although in my case it seems to only apply to food and weight. I think I will go ahead and bite the bullet and say I want to lose 10 lbs. by the marathon. I have to stop these cookie binges, that's for sure.

Wildfire, where are you? How are you?

Flower, you go girl. Kick some ***.

Amy, backatcha about the support. This group is great.

Old 03-16-2002, 06:30 AM   #59
Must Shrink.

I look back on the first thing I ever acomplished as my pregnancy with my first child. Had to see it through to it's completion. It was a freeing experience! Came from a family of hypochrondriacs, excuse spelling. Mom and Marilyn were always sick, always constipated. I was heading down that road too, but luckily I escaped.

Families.

Bye, have a good day to all of you! Vernal equinox next week, I'm going to an open ritual...

L

Old 03-16-2002, 09:59 AM   #60
Hot Stuff

Hi girls.

Had a rough night Thursday, and was like a zombie all day yesterday, but still had to attend a farewell party for someone who'd worked with our company for 14 years. He quit to go to another job.

Here's what happened. My daughter, who'd been grounded for skipping that test last week, had been really good for the week she'd been grounded. No attitude, cleaning the apartment while I was at work...so I let her off the hook and said she could sleep at a friend's place Wednesday night. We even planned to paint and redecorate her bedroom this weekend. The friend's mother was going to pick her up. Thursday at work she called and said she wanted to spend the night again, so I agreed. Thursday night at 9pm, the friend's mother called here looking for her daughter. My husband told her we hadn't seen her....then she asked if we knew where my daughter was. Well, they were supposed to be together at HER house. I got on the phone and found out her daughter had been grounded and snuck out Wednesday night at 8pm....the same time my daughter left. She hadn't seen either of them since. So WHERE did they spend Wednesday night, and where were they now? The mother had been calling friends looking for the girls, so shortly after I hung up with her, my daughter called. Thank the gods she knows when she's in trouble and it's time to call home. One of the friends had called to warn her that I was looking for her. I found out where she was and told her to STAY PUT that I was coming for her. So I called the other mother back and told her to come with me, they wouldn't be expecting her in my car. (She'd told me her daughter has been running away since last summer and wouldn't go home willingly.) We get there, find my daughter, but hers is gone as are all the other kids they were with. One guy waited with my daughter until we came, and I cornered him and tried to find out where the other girl went. He vaguely told us they headed down towards a pizza place nearby. We found one girl and two guys there, but her daughter was gone. I KNEW she was there somewhere....hiding, most likely. Just when I was grilling the girl that was there, the mother yelled to me from the car that her daughter was running across the street further up. We drove over to where she'd seen her, and found her hiding behind some bushes. She took off behind the restaurants there, and I chased after her. She wouldn't go with her mother, and kept trying to run, so I finally had to restrain her while her mother called the police. (My daughter remained in my car...she knew better than to budge a muscle.) This kid was like a wildcat....all arms and legs and nails. I finally got behind her and wrapped my arms around her waist. I held on with her fighting and kicking and screaming for a good 20 minutes until the police showed up and put her in the back of the cruiser. (Man, my arms are sore today!) The cops really couldn't do anything with her, so I offered for her mother and her to stay at my place. We're nine floors up, and there's only one way out...through the front door. At least we could keep her from running for the night, and try to convince her to go to her doc's appointment the next afternoon. The mother stayed here until about 1am, then went home. The girls had settled in and were going to bed. So it was almost 2am before I got to bed, and I was up every hour to make sure they were still here. Work yesterday was brutal. I couldn't concentrate...I needed sleep! The girl did go with her mother to the doc's appointment, and she's been put on anti-depressants. I hope they work, because she's really out of control. The mother told me her daughter has stolen her car a few times and been stopped by the police. This kid just turned 15 last week. Oh, we found out they'd spent Wednesday night at some guy's house way the **** outside the city here. "Some guys" drove them out. Brilliant, huh? My daughter is so grounded she'll be lucky to see daylight during school hours. No phone, no computer, no tv. I haven't discussed the whole thing with her yet, other than to tell her what an idiot she'd been. I was too tired yesterday and still too angry.

Before all this, hubby and I had gone to see an apartment Thursday after work in the next city over, where we'd lived for two years prior to moving here. We're trying to decide if we're going to move, given the rent wars in this building. I don't want to pack up and move, but I'm tired of the bullshit here. The place we saw was nice, huge master bedroom/dressing room/walk-in closet, two full bathrooms, bigger kitchen, really tight security, seems to be much more professionally managed, has an indoor pool and sauna. We'd have a drive to work, but we'd be getting more for less money apartment-wise. I just don't know....I might leave this up to hubby to decide.

I haven't contributed to the teenage pregnancy discussion because I was a teenager when I had my daughter. I was 17 when I got pregnant, and turned 18 a couple of weeks before she was born. I do agree with the rest of you about kids at 13 and 14 getting pregnant....I don't think they should be allowed to have the babies. It was hard enough for me, and I had graduated from high school before my daughter was born. Anyway, it's easy for us all to voice our opinions, but being in the situation often changes one's views.

Welcome back, Venus!

I was in the middle of writing a post when I got the call Thursday night from the girl's mother, but needless to say I didn't finish it.
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.