Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2002, 09:28 AM   #31  
you can call me flower

S/C/G: 205/165/149

Height: 5-5

I will come and play on Tuesday and Wednesday. My days off.
Old 03-10-2002, 07:22 PM   #32  

Default windy walking....

I had the most awesome walk this morning -- but just by impulse I decided instead of heading out on my usual route north, I would keep walking west and go up to the nature reserve near my house. I've always wanted to hike there, but the truth is I was afraid there might be psychos living in there . (But it's true! I pass one homeless man every day as he walks down the road thru the reservation, and finally one day I saw him on the street near my house, so I asked him if he sleeps up there. He said he didn't...but he also turned out to be nice, and probably not someone who'd slit my throat or whatever.) Today I just couldn't resist the urge to get away from sucky humanity -- I haven't been hiking or camping in SOOOOOO long and I soooooooo miss it. So I hiked around in there for a couple hours, and it was awesome. The wind was so strong, I had to keep an eye out on the trees above me; I was afraid one would snap and crash right down on me. I saw a doe, and a friendly dog who was with his owner ran up to me and nearly knocked me down. They always know the people who are afraid of dogs, and they try their best to convert us, never realizing it's the jumping and licking and crotch sniffing and so forth that turns us away! Anyways, it was a beautiful morning out after a weekend of annoyance. Then I spent the whole -- I mean the whole -- day typing. I am beat. I came home after my hike and had a big breakfast, and didn't eat again all day until a little while ago, when I had some tabboule and an okara burger on toast. So today was a better day for me. I want to hike up there more often, now that I know the trails a little better.

Wildfire, don't worry, you WILL survive your daughter's adolescence. If my DD and I didn't kill each other, then neither will you. Thanks for the tale of the neighbors worse than mine ... you reminded me that when I lived in Cleveland (like 11 or 12 years ago) there was a chick downstairs who had parties and blasted the stereo every single weekend. I called the cops on them every weekend, and every weekend they did it again. With these people, it's mostly just the door slamming that gets me, so I guess I should feel lucky. OK, time for me to go veg.
Old 03-11-2002, 12:17 PM   #33  
Is it Friday yet?

Good mornin' everyone!

Last night was the birthday dinner and the 100 pound cake dessert... I did quite well and had a 2 pound loss this week!

Lamorgan - Yuppers it was CandleLite. They are really good candles - I like how they just disolve instead of creating a big ol' pile of wax to deal with. I won't mention how much I spent!

Ruthie - I'm sorry about the neighbors - geez, it seems like people have no sense anymore. I mean, I'm even concerned about my neighbors hearing my music and they're over a football field away! Some people just have no consideration...

The trip to Mitchell, OR to see the slate was wonderful. We're going to go back in the late spring to get some to take home. I can't believe the state just piles it all over when they built the roads - people pay SO much money for this stuff! I also got to see the Painted Hills - absolutely beautiful, even in overcast weather.

Well, I better get some work done since I have another short week this week. Last 3 day vacation until my friends from CA come up in April.

Have a great week everyone!

Terri
Old 03-11-2002, 05:08 PM   #34  

Default Hello Ladies

Hi All
Well this weekend wasnt too bad.. On Saturday DH and I and kiddos went down to the park. I love watching the ducks swim around and walk thru the trails around the pond. The temps were almost 70 on saturday !!!! After chasing my kids around it started to get late so I wasnt able to take the trail walk ( 2.5 miles according to the park map.) So when I got home I spent 2 hours cleaning up the back yard and sidewalk at my duplex. The owner/neighbor is disable so he couldnt do that type of work anymore and his wife , I found out is also on very very lite exercise due to heart trouble (she was in the hospital Thurs and I am still not sure she is home yet.) She was having chest pains
Anyway I was only able to get 1/2 the yard done
Sunday it was FREEZING once again and winds were blowing 35 mph with gusts up to 50.. I watched my trash cans take flight due to a wind gust.. It flew over a 4 foot fence into the alley and flew two feet over the ground into the street.. So anyway Sunday I played catch up with laundry and house work. I also baked 14 muffins and a batch of peanut butter brownies..Thanks to the litte ones I dont need to worry about either today they are all gone..
Most the day today all I did is go over every single entry of my checking account.. I knew there was an error somewhere in there I had to find it. That took 4 hours!! I will be more aware of my entries for now on.. I rewrote the whole register over again..

PUNKIN: Congrats on the loss!!!!!! I heardPartylite Candles are wonderful I just dont know any sellers that sell them..

RUTHIE: I know how you feel when you just wanna get away from it all. Thats when I go for my trail walks just to focus on the quiet calmness that surrounds me in those woods..

WILDFIRE: My "rugrats" sound worse then those that race around above your head.. My DD seems to love to aggravate my DS till he gets into a fevered screaming fit that sounds like a horror movie scream. Now my DS has turned into a mouthy little punk that talks back and doesnt listen because he sees his sister doing it..DD is 11 (will be 12 on the 13th) she hits me kicks me scratches me ( she has longer fingernails then I do) if I go near her.. Yelling dont work taking her stuff away dont work I am ready to RIP my hair out with you..
Well all I am off to get dinner ready again .. Leftover roast beef again
Take care
Sheila
Old 03-11-2002, 07:56 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 189/177/135

Height: 5'7

Gee - is this what I have to look foward to with my youngsters?

Worked all weekend.... I just love the ER Get to see so much! Hate to see the sick kids and it blows my mind when you see 12 and 13 year olds come in "preggers" but it happens and being a University Hospital you see a lot of neglect and thing you just don't understand but you have to deal with ...

Well I got to get dinner ready.... cooking more, trying to get some pounds off of my kids as well as myself!

Oh yeah! Got our treadmill this past weekend. "DH" spent more money than I had planned but it should last. Lets hope anyway! There are some other things I would like to pick up for our inhome "gym" but I am satisfied for now.

Hugs to all,
Amy
176-148-130
Old 03-12-2002, 05:54 AM   #36  

Talking Paul Newman rocks!

Girls, from now on save your pennies and only buy Newman's Own or Newman's Organic products! Yesterday I got a check from Paul Newman for $1,000 to the Leukemia Society in support of my marathon. Woo hoo!! I had gone thru my kitchen and written to the companies that make all the brands I buy frequently, which include a lot of organic and smaller, socially conscious companies, Newman's Own being one of them. I never expected that generous a donation, though! Here's the irony: in the course of doing this, I found out that a couple of the "small" companies whose products I have been buying are actually divisions of huge multinationals like Kellogg and Hormel -- and those companies wrote back and said they couldn't possibly afford to make a donation. I am so happy because I had been getting very discouraged with my fundraising progress to date. I will get a summary report on Friday, but hopefully with this donation I should be close to halfway to my goal.

I also found out yesterday that there is a seven hour time limit for the marathon. That breaks down to a speed of 3.75 miles/hour. I think I can do that...but I'm not there yet. My best has been about 3.25, with the exception of the one four-mile stretch I did at a 4 mile/hour pace -- but that was only once; I haven't been able to sustain it. What I'm wondering is, if I can do this, and reach other goals I've set for myself, WHY THE **** AM I STILL FAT??? I guess it has to do with shoveling food in my face, huh?

Amy, kudos to you for the career you've chosen. It may not always be pretty, but you will help countless people throughout your working life. I envy you.

Sheila, am I going to see you and DD on Ricki Lake? I think the pre-teen years are sometimes worse than the teen years -- that's when they test the waters and behave in ways you never thought your sweet kiddies could.

Punkinseed, congrats on the 2-lb. loss!! You're doing great! I think I'd gain 2 lbs. just being in the same room as a 100 lb. cake!

Flower, looking forward to seeing you this week!

Wildfire, start slow on the gym machines and work your way up. I find that as long as you don't exhaust yourself, when you exercise you have more energy. Maybe you should plan to go 2 times this week, three next week, four times in two weeks ... something like that. Don't overload yourself.

Lois, where are you? Kitty ok? How's the job going?

Well, if I'm walking today I have to leave now. Actually, I think I'm going to rest again today and walk instead of resting on Friday. I've had insomnia the last two nights (can't imagine why...waiting, wondering if #1 school will accept me...) and I let myself sleep an extra 45 minutes this a.m. I worked ~12 or 13 hours yesterday -- I DESERVED THE SLEEP!
Old 03-12-2002, 07:49 AM   #37  
deleted2

Wow, Ruthie! I'm so supremely impressed with Paul Newman's donation! Good to know that kind of thing really happens--thanks for sharing!

Sorry I haven't been posting too much. I'm still having back pain and I'm functioning okay, it's just that throughout my waking hours I'm aware of the pain. So I'm off to see my doctor tomorrow morning--at this point I'd be happy to get a nice very un-holistic cortisone shot. I just want to get back to my regular life!

I'll pop in more--I've missed it! [I just didn't want to whine--I'm at the big whiny-baby stage now!!! ]

Old 03-12-2002, 11:48 AM   #38  
you can call me flower

S/C/G: 205/165/149

Height: 5-5

Hi my friends! I actually don't have my day off yet. I got talked into waiting a day. They wanted me to wait 2, but I said, no way! I have a WIC appt for Grif tomorrow at 8 and I don't want to rush. I think this is #10 in a row working. The pace will slow down a bit. The have a budget now. I have 6 orders for custom floral designs. 2 over 200 a piece. My feet killed yesterday./ I had bought DR scholls inserts for my penny loafers. But they made my toes too tight after a few hours. I took them out and my heels slipped all afternoon and my arches were sore. I am wearing my mules today. But they are only compfy for about 5 hours not 8. I may just have to bring 2 pairs of shoes and rotate. My problem is my foot is wide at top and I have skinny heels. So they don't fit everywhere.

Starting next week I am getting back to my diet. I can't think about it right now or it will lead me to binge, but I can't put it off much longer. I haven't gained. I don't over eat much any more. But I do eat some empty calories. I can make better choices and the fat should fall off. I will be going to the market on Wed and Thurs and thinking healthier.

There is a cute guy at work. I of course LOVE my boyfriend. I would never even consider anything more w/ this guy. But a small part of me, the girlie part, wishes I wasn't invisable. The shift leader in my dept gets the guys running when she needs some guys. I end up having to beg. (Sort of...most the guys are nice and are willing to help) I just wish that I could be noticed for the super cute girl I am on the inside. Does any of that make scence? I have guy friends at the store. The kind that treat me as one of the guys. I have always been treated that way. Is it my personality or it is cause I am out of shape? I guess that's just the way I am.

We bought a second car. I am getting a bit more free time now. Chris is able to run errands and get things done when I am at work. This makes home time so much nicer. He took Griffin to his parents this morning. I have 2 hours alone before work. Imagine that!!!! It is a Bronco II , black 4x4. 1989. 1500$. It does need a new seal on the gear box. It is leaking power steering fluid. Pep boys said 250$ to fix. That is doable.

I am seeing arm muscles. I doble checked to make sure it wasn't a tumor or something when I was appling deoderant the other day! I got new bras. Lace ones. I feel so much sexier! Lane bryant has a nice one with support and NO wire! I got 2. Cream and Black.

I wish to loose 2 inches from my tummy soon. I have some black work pants that I am affraid to wash or I won't be comfortable. They are cheaper brands and I didn't try them on.

Well, I will check in tomorrow afternoon and write to you all personally after WIC. Have a wonderful day friendS! ~flower
Old 03-12-2002, 11:51 AM   #39  
Is it Friday yet?

Hello ladies!

Man do I need this upcoming 3 day weekend! The last I'll have until my friends come up from CA in April...
I've got a crick in my neck that's screaming "WORK". My job doesn't have to be this difficult. I tell ya' - the people that have no sense sure make life interesting for those of us that do...

Ruthie - that donation is INCREDIBLE!!!!! I'm SO impressed with their generosity! Count me as a new Paul Newman fan, I'll pay more attention to his products if I know they're really donating the money they say they are!

Thanks for the congrats on the loss! I'm feeling like I might actually be able to reach my first mini-goal of getting to 230-something before my friends come up on 4/12. I have 4.5 pounds left to go to reach that goal and 4 weeks to do it in.

Both my friends in CA and I are doing this together and are doing great with long distance support (like what we do here without the fancy-shmancy boards!). They're both loosing weight to get pregnant so my Auntie-hood status should be growing next year!! Actually I'm really excited about my one friend because she'll have to have a scheduled C-section, so I can actually be there this time for this birth!

Well, back to work...

Terri
Old 03-13-2002, 05:01 AM   #40  

I am still so tired. I keep waking up at night feeling unable to get back to sleep, and I keep tossing and turning thinking the alarm has already gone off and if I fall back to sleep I'll oversleep. I hope this insomnia is just about waiting to hear from schools, in which case it should be over next week. #1 school had said we would be notified the third week in March -- I hope it's early in the week!

I ran into the super yesterday. I had found out his wife is very sick, so I wasn't going to b***h about the noisemeisters below me, but he asked. He actually seemed dismayed that they were still disturbing me, which surprised me b/c I didn't think he really cared. Surprisingly, last night they were veeeeery quiet. We'll see how it goes.

Eydie, I'm glad you're going to the doctor. There's no reason to keep suffering. Hope you're feeling better.

Flower, life sounds busy!

Terri, I'm sure you can reach your goal -- you're doing great!

I have to get my butt in gear weight-wise. I have decided that while I am still making decent money I'm going to buy myself new clothes -- comfortable clothes instead of the "temporary" clothes I wear now b/c I gained weight. You know what I mean? And I have to get on program with eating, gum surgery or no. I've been thinking about joining the 21-day challenge on this board, but I'm a little daunted b/c it has no "wiggle room" -- if you go off program one day, you start over.
Old 03-13-2002, 01:07 PM   #41  

Hello ladies
Well so far today I havent really done much I slept after DD left for school and DH came home to go to bed..

Anyway I been doing some net surfing and I found out that it is not as expensive as i thought if I was to start WW.. The first visit is 30$ and then it is $10 a week after that. The meets are about 3 miles away This is for the winning points plan..

My biggest fear is not being able to eat ..What I mean is if I have a bagel I have a WHOLE bagel or if I make eggs I eat the WHOLE egg .. Also when I have coffee I use sweet N low which isnt a problm but the 1/2 ounce of half and half I use how do they count that??

Also they think according to the online site that my height and age should weigh 148, that is 12less then my goal..I remember what I looked like at 150 pounds my bones showed in my shoulders (I looked like a skeleton with skin) DO I have to go by their goal they set for me??? Well that is something I have many pounds to go by when I finally reach that soooo maybe 148 might still be ok let me see when I get there...

RUTHIE: Relax....You WILL hear from the schools and I dont think they would call you in the middle of the night .. Take a long hard soak in a hot tubbie and light candles and just lose yourself in the candles let yourself chill out ..
And I hope I dont have to go to Ricki Lake to straighten out my DD ..LOL I know that living with my mom did a toll on the kids (all cheifs no indians) they were constantly being told what to do and what they cant do.. I think she is just recompressing herself since it was hard there..

FLOWER:...$1500 isnt bad for a Bronco II .. I have a second car now,(although it is still parked at my Moms till I can get over there to get it) I paid $500 for it and it is a Plymouth Horizon..I have had 2 other Horizons in the past they run forever even if the body doesnt last .. They are a compact like car that has a big trunk and can fit the four of us very comfortably.. Although DH doesnt like to even sit in it since it isnt "his" type of car..

PUNKIN:... Your doing GREAT getting to your goals!!!! Take a bow!!!!Enjoy your 3 day weekend you deserve it

Eydie:.. Hope you start to feel better soon We miss you here

Amyjo:.... Did you say that you have seen 12-13 year olds that are preg??? Ohhh Jeez my daughter is turning 12 today ..Back when I was young, getting pregnant at 16 was a shameful thing.. How can a 12-13 year old even consider having sex??They dont even know themselves well enough to make that desision..(My opinion of course)
Congrats on the tread mill!!! When I can set up my room the way I want I want to see if I can get one.. (Preferrably the kind you can fold to slide under a bed or something..) Or if I cant I could always reconfigure my bedroom to find room for one.. My resistance gym folds up and fits into the corner and I can easily move it anywhere..

WILDFIRE:..... How are you doin with the grounded teen??? I havent seen you on the Candadain news yet so that is a good sign.. ( Even though I cant understand a word most the time) I like to try to guess what they are saying..LOL Hmmm then again are you still walking to Kansas??

LINDS:>>>>>>>IF your Lurking Let us know how your doing OK??

Take Care
Sheila
Old 03-13-2002, 05:53 PM   #42  
deleted2

Mmmm...I'm pleasantly drowsy from all my muscle relaxants. The diagnosis was just as I thought--a bad muscle spasm that just wouldn't quit. But I feel sure now that I'll get better. I told the doc today that I knew I would if I could just get those muscles to let go!

Now the bad news--when they weighed me today I found that I weigh 10 pounds more than my scales at home say!!!!! Grrrr....! So instead of weighing 147 pounds, I weigh 157 pounds--unbelievable. I think I'm experiencing some mild form of shock or denial because I'm not allowing myself to really think about it.

I'm due for my annual physical in 2 months and I'm going to use this time to faithfully keep my food/exercise journal to be sure I'm not in denial about what I'm eating, portion sizes, etc. If I can't get something to shift somewhere, I'm going for the thyroid test and whatever other medical condition that would keep me from losing weight.

Thanks for all the inspiration!

Old 03-13-2002, 06:19 PM   #43  
Is it Friday yet?

Hello everyone!

I tried to post earlier but the boards wouldn't let me! Very frustrating to have something to say and have to sit on my hands (literally)... Well, I'm here now...

Eydie - I really hope your back feels better soon. I think I'm having sympathy pains - my neck and shoulders are all knotted up like crazy!

Ruthie - About the guy friends... well it more than likely is just you - not what you look like. Even when I was at my thinnest I had male friends (that never knew me overweight) that treated me like "one of the guys" or more like a sister to watch over. I actually like it...

Sheila - Ooooh, Weight Watchers... what would you like to know, I was a leader for 3 years. You can eat anything you want - literally, anything, as long as you count it and they teach you how and give you the tools to do it yourself. I've been following the WW plan to loose the weight that I've lost so far to date. I love the program myself. As for your weight goal, it's really easy to get around - simply get a note from your Dr. saying the weight you choose is healthy for you and WW will take their word.
If there's anything you want to know about the program, you can ask me anything...
Now, as for the 13 year old pregnant "girls"... (semi-tirade follows: )
My beautiful neice was born when her mom was 14 - she was pregnant through most of her 13th year. My brother, who was 6 years older than her when they conceived, was an idiot and will be the first to admit it. I must admit that at 13 this girl was taller than me, looked about 20 and was quite pretty. Thank the Gods that my brother now has full custody of his daughter and "mom" doesn't see her much. You see, at age 3 my neice's "mom" had a boyfriend that thought it'd be ok to abuse my neice sexually - because "mom" was a complete freakin' idiot who saw her happiness as more important than her baby's. Then "mom" had a series of abortions after my neice was born... Some people shouldn't be allowed to breathe... But, I digress... yes, 13 & 14 year olds have babies and I'd say 99.9% of the time it ends up really, really ugly.
Can you tell that now almost 10 years later this STILL pisses me off beyond belief???

Terri
Old 03-13-2002, 08:55 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 189/177/135

Height: 5'7

Yep - Hurts my feelings really bad to see a baby having a baby... especially since I can't have any more. There was a 13 yr old in the ER on Sunday that was 14 weeks pregnant. She was having complications... Then you see the "normal" 13 yr old come in with a busted knee from playing on a scooter... Makes you wonder!
Old 03-14-2002, 05:14 AM   #45  

Sheila, I agree with Punkinseed that as far as eating and food go, WW is a great program. I had other issues with the program, after three times using it, and I think they're issues that are individual to me. Basically, I didn't like the weekly weigh-ins. It's very frustrating to do everything right during the week and then see no change, or even to gain a lb., at weigh-in. Now, if you have supportive and intelligent staff who understand that pounds aren't everything and weight can fluctuate, and that the most important thing is changing your lifestyle, you'll be fine. But I didn't have that, despite attending three different local meetings. However, even after I stopped going to meetings, I counted points, so it's worth going even if just to learn the program. I've heard some people rave about how great their meetings are, so I think I was just unlucky with that. I say go for it!

[Punkin, I think your message addressed to me was meant for Flower, right?]

What a horrendous day yesterday was -- and I stress-ate. Terrible. I spent the entire morning in court. I was in a very minor fender-bender a few weeks ago -- I think I told you guys about the accident, right? So we pulled over, exchanged informaiton, and both drove off. A few days later I got a summons for leaving the scene of the accident, which is a fairly serious charge that can result in suspension of driving privileges. So I spent literally all morning in court just to get a trial date. The prosecutor suggested I hire an attorney -- which would mean spending more $$. It's just ridiculous. I have the other driver's insurance information -- how could I have gotten that if I had left the scene? So I have to debate now whether or not to hire a lawyer. I feel like I have to decide between an attorney or more dental surgery. I just can't keep incurring expenses when I'll be reducing my income significantly in seven weeks! And it's just so freakin UNFAIR! Since I'm moving out of NJ, I would say, screw it, go ahead, take my license away if you don't believe me, but someone told me if you're suspended in one state, you can't get a license in any state till you get that suspension cleared up. Plus, there might be significnat financial penalties if they find me guilty. I have to find out exactly what the possible penalties are, and then decide if it's worth trying to defend myself or not.
Closed Thread