3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Weight Loss Support

Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Alternative Group [March 4, 2002]

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2002, 09:59 AM   #16
Must Shrink.

Good morning! I had such a great time at work last night! I think I've lucked into one of those job situations that one only dreams about. They all like each other and are friendly and casual. There are only 5 paid staff altogether, and a few volunteers.

Life can change so radically in a year. This time last year I don't know what I did with my time... Strange how it works out.

Walked this morning in a lovely snowfall. The temp is hovering around freezing, so we've lost the bitter cold that we've had these past few days.

I get major cravings for savoury foods, and sweet cravings around pms time. French Fries are my biggest weakness I think. Love them.

I'll check back later, thanks for all the well-wishes!
L

Old 03-06-2002, 11:07 AM   #17
Is it Friday yet?

Just a quick post then 'hi-ho, hi-ho, it's off to work I go....'

Amyjo - your cake and mine sound reeeeal similar - after all what is Karo really than a butter and sugar syrup? I noticed you're in Alabama? Maybe this is a southern type dessert then since my Gaggie was from Oklahoma...
*sigh* southern food... I remember her saying that if you ever left her house hungry it was your own damned fault! My aunt (her daughter) from Texas is coming to CA in May and we're driving down to spend the weekend - that ought to be "interesting" food-wise.

Well, gotta run! I'll be back later...

Terri
Old 03-07-2002, 01:21 PM   #18

Hi Ladies
How are you all doing today?? Is it me or have we all become keyboard shy all of a sudden???
I have a request from my kids and hubby to make brownies and blueberry muffins.. So I MIGHT be nice and bake the stuff for the crumbcrunches and snackmaster
give me strength

Well all I will check back to see if you all are ok..

Take Care
Sheila
Old 03-07-2002, 04:10 PM   #19
Is it Friday yet?

Smile

Helloooo....

Yeah, I'm here... I has been pretty quiet around here!

I've got a candle party to go to tonight and hoping that the dinner they're serving won't be too destructive. I cut back my other meals today to "clear some room" in case it's one of those yummy-and-unavoidable meals.

Nothing else much going on... we got snow this morning. Yesterday for exercise I bundled up - even put on my ear muffs - and went out to rake huge rocks for my driveway. I worked for 45 minutes in 34 degree weather and I was about to take off my jacket!

Hope you're all doing wonderful!!

Terri
Old 03-07-2002, 04:24 PM   #20
Must Shrink.

Hello all! I'm tired and grumpy. Husband has been working non-stop for days and days now and I'm beginning to get burnt out. Busy week and now one of the cats is sick, and I had to take him to the vet using the money I'd tucked away for a family outing on the March Break. Humph. So now we cannot go anywhere (that you need money) until next Thursday, and the cat is on antibiotics and needs to be fed watered down food by syringe. By me, of course. He may have an infection, but we can't really tell. She wanted to do an x-ray but that would have been $90.00 extra, and I simply don't have the cash! The vets are all cash up front now. Sigh.

And the bloody Wild Cat in the basement is in heat too. She's been howling for days. And peeing on anything in sight. She peed on my coat, and I had to buy some neutralizer (more $$) to spray all over the place. More Humphing.

Well, I need to go out for a walk to buy some cat litter and Sherry. The Sherry is for me to sip this evening while Morgan and I watch Survivor.

Bye!

Old 03-07-2002, 08:16 PM   #21

S/C/G: 189/177/135

Height: 5'7

Still alive! Just studying. I have a had a really good on program week. I haven't over eaten or eaten anything really "bad" since last Wednesday I think. Had salad 3 out of 4 days and not doing too rough!

I am on spring break next week and have to work this weekend and one day next week. I am planning to make a trip to my sisters in Pensacola one day to get some clothes of my nieces for my DD tell you what free clothes rock!!!! Especially the clothes my sister buys!!!!

Well I am going to go spend some QT with DH!

Have a good nite!

Amy

Goal weight: 135 or loose size 6

Old 03-08-2002, 06:27 AM   #22

Hey everyone. I have to get going soon for my walk. I got the coverings taken off my gums yesterday, and they feel really funny. They'll be sensitive to hot and cold, esp. to cold, for a while, and I won't be able to chew on that side for a few more weeks. They healed fine, though, dentist says.

Lois, glad the job is going great. Sheila, how did the baking go? Amy, yahoo for spring break, huh? Mine is over on Monday -- then my LAST QUARTER as an undergrad will start!

It's killing me waiting to hear from the #1 school. It won't be till the week after next, but I keep thinking, what if they accept me? How will I make that decision? Going to the #1 school could potentially be worth more $$ in salary potential in the long run, even though it would cost more cash, and I have also come to realize that one of the reasons the #2 school may have offered me the scholarship is b/c they know where I'm applying, and they want to lure me away b/c they think I'll get in. The good thing about all this is that it's now a potential decision between 2 schools, not three. Someone suggested to me to actually go in person to the #1 school and talk to their financial aid people about matching or exceeding the other school's offer. Of course, it's all a moot point until I hear...

no distractions, no excuses
Old 03-08-2002, 08:28 AM   #23

Ruthie.. I didnt do the baking yet .. I got everything ready then I knew I wasnt strong enuf to not taste what I would bake .So I havent done it..

Punkin How did the candle party turn out?Since I moved I been buying candles to place everywhere in almost everyroom (hubby thinks candles in the bathroom look weird I told him to GET Over it)

Amy I know about free clothes My daughter whole wardrobe came from my friends daughter ( Her DD grows like a weed) which is good for me..LOL And I am talking brand named stuff that I couldnt afford . My sons clothes though I have to buy ,but he is small so they are not that expensive yet.. Enjoy the QT with hubby

LaMorgan ..Hope everything is getting better.. I would give the howling cat some sherry to calm her down (only kidding of course

)
Well I got to start my day and start this months budget . My DD birthday is the 13 so I have to factor something in for her.. She is almost 12 I am running out of ideas on what to buy her .We wont be celebrating it till the 15 or 16th she prefers it that way..

Take Care and Talksoon
Sheila
Old 03-08-2002, 08:53 AM   #24
Must Shrink.

Hi all.

Sheila, my daughter turned 12 in December. She loves the computer game "The Sims" and just bought an expansion pak for it. She also loves clothes now. And "Groovy Girls" cloth dolls, although she doesn't play with them, she just wants them. It's hard when they are 'between' the child and the teen.

I vegetated last night on the sofa with my sherry and blanket. Just grumbled (not very mature, I admit) whenever a child came near. The 9 year old went to bed at 6:30 and the 5 year old fell asleep on the tv room floor. This virus/cold thing is weird, the way the kids keep sleeping. I've been fighting it too, and that is contributing to my extreme grumpyness.

Smokey is about the same. He threw up 3 or 4 times yesterday, but hasn't today. I'm trying to keep him hydrated, but he really doesn't appreciate me squirting water into his mouth...

Still grumbling, and looking forward to getting out of this house tonight and tomorrow and going to work!

Later on...

The cat, Smokey, had a wee bit of food this morning and is up and about a bit. Perhaps he's on the mend... (Crossing fingers...)

L

Last edited by Lamorgan : 03-08-2002 at 09:59 AM.
Old 03-08-2002, 11:17 AM   #25
Is it Friday yet?

Thumbs down

It's finally Friday!!!!!

Tomarrow I'm taking a road trip with my friend to her Grandfather's ranch to take some slate rock from one of the mountains on his property - I get free stepping stones!!!!

Today I get my taxes done. I'm hoping for a nice return (who doesn't) but I want to buy some shelves for my craft room, a new vacuum and a screen door because I KNOW that Spring IS coming!!!!

The candle party was cool. Pricey though! I of course bought stuff... some plastic tea lights, votives and a wall sconce. I'm placing another tiny order when my Mom places hers next week. I've always loved candles, but ever since I moved I've become a candle, incense, fragrance junky. Nag Champa, lavender Wizard plug-ins and assorted candles are always going. My poor cats probably think their house really stinks!

Amyjo - You enjoy that Spring break!!!! You SO deserve the break and have fun "shopping" at your sisters house!

Ruthie - Yeahhhh for the happy gums! I'm sure they do feel funky, but I'm glad they healed good.

Lamorgan - I hope Smokey's on the mend.
Hehehehe.... Brandy is my anti-grouch medication. My best friend's husband works in a winery in Napa and brought me a bottle of their brandy when they came to visit (and a case of wine - now if I only had an opener....). He also brought me a bottle of home made Kalua that I haven't had the nerve to try.

Too bad you weren't closer - I could send you home with some Glug - a mix of a 1/5th each of vodka, scotch, Apple Jack, rum and then you add cinnamon, cloves, apple juice, raisins, dried apple slices... you let it sit for a few months before you drink it then light it on fire with Everclear - blow it out and drink warm. We make it around Samhain, tolerate the taste at Yule, reeeeeeally enjoy it around Imbolc then by Midsummer we're drinking the stuff like little fishes. Gooooooood stuff!

Have an awsome Friday everyone!!

Terri
Old 03-09-2002, 06:12 AM   #26

I still feel soft and lazy. I lost my ... what's the word? centeredness? somewhere along the way. I think it's tough making the transition from planning for goals to actually beginning to achieve them. I'm planning to move out of here 7/1 and now DD wants to hang around town for the summer. I'm trying to be flexible -- she is 18, after all -- I told her if she can find a place to stay for July or so I would be willing to pay someone room and board. I do think she needs to come stay with me in August, though, b/c we need to get her ready to go to school together. It irritates me b/c at every step of the way I informed her of my plans, so she should have thought about what was going to happen (i.e., that we would move out of the town she grew up in right after her HS graduation), but I guess she's too young to think that clearly. My p/t transcription job wants me to do more and more -- I told them NO unless they pay me more. It's just ridiculous how people will take advantage if you let them. I'm a little nervous about putting my foot down b/c I'm relying on that income for after I leave the f/t job, but I just can't keep saying yes, yes, yes, meaning I spend more and more time on the same job unless they pay me more. It just doesn't make sense.

Old 03-09-2002, 07:22 AM   #27
Must Shrink.

Oh lucky you, Punkin, to get free slate! I love candles as well but have become intolerant to any artificial scents. Glade plug-ins would make me sick instantly, and I have to buy no-scent or good quality scented candles and insense. Those candle parties usually sell the good kind, I think for the prices..... Now I'm becoming more and more allergic to the smells of shampoo. I buy an herbal shampoo from my natural food club that doesnt make my eyes puff up. I think it all started with shampoo around 10 years ago... Oh well.

Smokey has perked up, and is purring again. Still doesn't want to eat, though. I think he is on the mend, getting over a cat-flu. Yesterday after I fed him a squirt with the syringe, he hid behind the computer monitor all day, only coming out when John came home. He is really miffed with that syringe.

But at least he is alert again!

Today is my first full day at the Library. John has to take Foster to a Cub event, they are racing cub-cars, these little wooden racing cars.

Well off to deliver millions of papers. Last night we sat on the porch (with Smokey) and the temp went up to 15 (58 I think for you Americans). It was raining gently, and so reminded me of Vancouver. Smells like spring! But John says it's going to get cold tonight...

Buy all!

Lois

Old 03-09-2002, 11:48 PM   #28
Hot Stuff

Hi girls.

Sorry I've been MIA the last few days. My *darling* daughter decided she would skip class on Thursday afternoon....a class she was supposed to be writing a geography test in. Her teacher called me at work, so needless to say her behind is confined to her room still.....and will be all week, March break or not. It is an automatic ZERO for the test, no make up test allowed. I'm trying to get it through her thick14-year-old-I'm-all-grown-up skull that everything she does in high school is going to have an effect on the rest of her life whether she believes me or not. It hasn't been pleasant around here.

It is absolutely stormy out there tonight. High winds and rain...the kind that makes the cats jump at sudden gusts, and it's howling around my windows. Nothing to block it nine floors up. The cats are staying very close to me tonight.

Punkin, was it PartyLite candles that you ordered? They are the only candles I burn. Smoke free, last longer, and such yummy scents. My place is filled with candles...yes, sheila...in the bathroom too, so tell hubby he's just a stupid man .

Lamorgan, glad you're enjoying your new job. I hope poor kitty continues to improve. I wish they could talk so we'd know what to do for them.

Ruthie, now that you're entering that transition phase and changes are beginning in your life, I imagine the road will feel a little bumpy along the way. Take it a day at a time, and don't forget to breathe! It will all work out somehow. Glad your gums are healing nicely.

Amyjo, nice to see you posting again! I hope you'll get a few days to yourself during your break. It sounds like you need some R&R.

Flower, where are you?

Linds did drop by, right? We didn't imagine that? Linds, oh Linds.....come back!

And what about Venus? I was really enjoying her posts. I hope she will return soon.

I only made it to the gym once this week. I'm so tired after work that I just want to be a slug. I'm going to pack a bag at night and throw it in my car. Then I can drop off hubby at home and head over to the gym before I get home for the night. I think that might work. I am definitely going over tomorrow sometime. Coronation Street is on at 7am tomorrow, so I'll be up and around early. I am a little dismayed at how quickly I tire on the aerobic machines. I can walk at a good clip outside for over an hour no problem, but stick me on a machine and I die. Maybe because I have nothing to focus on but how many minutes/calories/distance are being displayed on the monitor? I dunno.

I'm off to bed, chicks. Yak at you later.
Old 03-10-2002, 06:20 AM   #29

Question

As I mentioned on the food thread, these neighbors below me are driving me out of my mind. I know I'm PMS, so I'm probably more sensitive than usual, but what I don't understand is why they insist on slamming their doors (each apt here has a front and a back door) so loud the building literally shakes. The effect on me is as though I heard a gunshot. On the weekends I like to take a nap, plus every night I go to to bed early (9 PM'ish usually) b/c I wake up so early. As soon as I fall asleep, these *******s wake me up slamming their doors. It is NOT a problem with the doors, b/c it never happened with the former tenant. I have spoken with the neighbors about it twice, and complained to the super once. The super told me basically to just get over it -- but he doesn't hear it even though he's across the hall from the slammers b/c his TV is always blasting. I pay a rent so high I'm embarrassed to even tell you (but trust me, whatever you think it is, it's higher; this is the NYC metropolitan area), so I really feel entitled to a modicum of peace and quiet. Bottom line is, I don't feel anything my neighbors do should wake me up out of a SOUND sleep. I have been taking sleeping pillls just so I can get to sleep without being awakened. Last night they had company over, which meant more door slamming, furniture scraping across bare floors (even though we're required to have them carpeted) and music playing. What galls me is that they know the slamming disturbs me, yet they continue to do it. So on Monday I am calling directly to the management office to complain. I have a right to quiet enjoyment of my apartment, just like everyone's lease says. I know I'll only be here a few more months, but I work hard, and I study, and I think I have a right to sleep in my apartment without being awakened. The whole issue is just eating me up inside and I don't know how to get over it. Every time I try to chill out and relax, they slam a door. It's to the point that I don't even want to spend time in my own home.

Anyways, enough of that tirade. It's just driving me crazy.

Wildfire, we're having the same wind here. I woke up in the middle of the night to a wicked rainstorm. Pretty soon I have to go out and walk in that wind -- should be interesting. Good luck with the DD -- been there, done that.

Lois, glad your cats are feeling better.

Sheila, good for you holding off on the baking since you know you can't resist!

Old 03-10-2002, 10:24 AM   #30
Hot Stuff

Oh, ruthie...I know JUST how frustrated and ticked off annoying neighbors can make you feel. When I moved to this apartment it was to get away from two young guys who blasted music below me all hours of the day and night. I tried everything...talking with them, yelling at them, calling truces, speaking to the super, the owner, the police....nothing worked. Their stereo literally filled their living room, and I once had dishes fall from the kitchen cupboard they vibrated so much. I was trying to work full time and study for exams, too. I was ready to pull my hair out. I hated going home after work because I knew what my night would be like. I finally had to give my notice and move. Now I listen to noise above me, but it's only on the weekends. The tenants above me have young children on the weekends, like clockwork it starts at 7pm Friday, and ends on Sunday afternoon sometime. I listen to balls bouncing, toys on wheels being driven across the hardwood (and our lease says you must have carpet to block the noise to your neighbors, but they obviously don't.), and 6am each morning those rugrats hit the floor running like a herd of elephants. There are only two small children, but it sounds like a daycare full. Oh, and don't even ask about the noise when they get in the bathroom and start wailing at the top of their lungs....where it echos off the tiles.... grrrrrr. I've complained, and my super said she isn't aware of any children living there as it is a brother and sister renting. Well, I didn't imagine the anklebiters I saw when I've gone up to ask them to be quieter. I think it must be a partial custody arrangement, or someone else's kids they have for weekends. I just don't understand why people feel they have the right to disturb other tenants. All it takes is a little consideration for the people around you. I won't even run the vacuum until after noon on the weekends, and never after 7pm....you just don't know the sleeping/work habits of others. I really think that rental apartments need to enforce rules contained in a lease, but lazy superintendents might actually have to DO something then. Mine are off duty more than they're on. One of these days I'm going to rip that "OFF DUTY" sign off their door and set fire to it. I'm telling you, if we don't get a house soon my hubby will be visiting me either in jail or in an asylum.

I feel like I'm holding my breath until my daughter is off to college or out on her own. I don't know if we're both going to survive her teen years, and I'm betting on me.

The wind is still pretty ferocious here this morning. I want to just stay in my apartment today....but soon hubby will up to play his online game (ALL DAY), and my daughter will be doing the heavy sighs that make me want to strangle her....it's her own damn fault she's bored and grounded! Maybe I should go for a walk in the wind, too....what's Kansas like this time of year?
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.