Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-09-2008, 08:21 AM   #1  

Default Pizza, TALK ME OUT OF IT!!

Someone brought in pizza and emailing us to eat it! Do you have any idea how badly I want to! I avoided doughnuts last week but pizza.... This is a real challenge. Help me not eat it!
Mayson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 08:26 AM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

STAY AWAY FROM THE PIZZA!

Think about all the reasons why you're losing weight. Envision yourself in that dream outfit at goal. Think about how many calories are in that pizza. Keep your mind and hands busy. You can avoid it. You can say "No, thank you" if they bring it to you. You are strong, and just think of all the good you're doing your body by choosing to say no to pizza today.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 08:26 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 251/190/175

Height: 5'10

Ohhh...I feel your pain. We had B-day cake at work yesterday and everyone was enouraging us to eat it all up! This is what I did...I completely avoided the break room at work where the cake was setting out, and went for a 15 min walk instead (ha ha far far away from the cake!) when I came back I took my lunch and ate outside in the fresh air and sunshine (your car would be a good choice too if it's close by). Funny thing is when I went back to work a few people commented on the cake not being very good this time. I sat there, smiled, and was happy to know I had made a better choice!

Good luck, and ask yourself if Pizza really worth all that? Heck no!!!!
vealcalf2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 08:32 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Will it help if you promise yourself a healthy pizza later? If i really want something, I figure out a way I can have it. In this instance I would make a pizza on a whole wheat pita with NSA sauce, lowfat mozzarella, and all the yummy veggie toppings I wanted, maybe some olives and turkey pepperoni. All the flavors of pizza without the guilt, and very quick to make.
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 08:41 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 302/ticker/175

Height: 5'7"

When I get hungry for pizza, I have a LC French Bread Pizza - I add a little pepper and maybe some oregano before I nuke it - YUMM-O

Hang in there Mayson! You can do it!

Karen
KarenGinNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 09:11 AM   #6  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Think about all the unhealthy, pooling, crusting over grease... eeeuuwww... and what kind of meat is that, anyway? Do you have any idea where it came from or what was done to it? All that mass-produced cheese, nothing but more fat... and then all on a slab of refined carbs. Spike my blood sugar! Clog up my arteries! Someone help my poor liver, please! And then there's the raw tomato sauce, never been cooked enough, right out of the huge can... pass me the antacid tablets!

And if that hasn't convinced you, think how you'll feel after you've eaten it, when you realize you just ate more calories than lunch and dinner combined!

Nope. Not worth it.

Jay

Last edited by JayEll; 04-09-2008 at 09:12 AM.
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 09:22 AM   #7  
No surrender, no retreat

S/C/G: 170/148! :D /134

Height: Vertically comfy 5'2"; horizontally challenged

A slice of pizza has approx 300 cals. You could have one slice and a huge side salad and still be w/in your cal range. This way you could have your pizza and eat it too. Just a thought!
Hat Trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 09:26 AM   #8  

Thanks everyone. I ate tomato soup, 160 calories, 0.6 grams of fat. And I will stay full (soups keep me full for a long while). Although I am sure the pizza tasted way better, I am not here feeling guilty and regretting and beating myself up for losing control.

The Trick of pinching your left hand from I can make you thin also worked a bit.

Thanks sooo much for you guys' support, I am sure without you I would have given in.
Mayson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 10:11 AM   #9  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Yay for tomato soup instead of pizza! Good job!
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 10:13 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

I love that pinching thing. I have been doing that too. It's crazy that such a simple thing can help so much. I hope it keeps working for us! Great job resisting a temptation!

Last edited by Schmoodle; 04-09-2008 at 10:14 AM.
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 10:18 AM   #11  
No surrender, no retreat

S/C/G: 170/148! :D /134

Height: Vertically comfy 5'2"; horizontally challenged

I watched this an tried it too. Ew, when he said 'spitoon' my throat clenched up and I literally felt like I was going to throw up. Uh oh, there it goes again!

Last edited by Hat Trick; 04-09-2008 at 10:18 AM.
Hat Trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 10:49 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

what's the hand pinching thing? I have in immediate aversion to that "I can make you thin" show based solely on the name (smacks of snake oil) but everyone here seems to have given it a chance and really likes it!
maybe i should rethink...but in the meantime, what's the hand pinching?
S
shrinkinglizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 11:09 AM   #13  
Wish It~Dream It~Do It

S/C/G: 230/144.2/146

Height: 5ft3

good choice on the soup! way to go at avoiding the pizza!
BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 11:15 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 308/308/180

Height: 5'3

grats on not havin the pizza... losin weight is gonna 'taste' so much better than that pizza would have
wannalosealot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 11:16 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/145

Height: 5'7

Lizzy you should really check it out, I was skeptical too, but he doesn't offer products or crazy advice its simple stuff that you should be doing. Like eating consciously and eating when you are hungry. The finger pinching thing is he helped people create an aversion to food that they are compulsive over. He had them imagine the food that they hate the most in the world while touching the middle finger and thumb on your left hand together and keep it tight through the hwole thing. Once you get a good image of the food you hate, imagine taking a bite of it. Then add stuff like hair or spitoon spit to it and take a bite of it. By this point everyone is fairly grossed out, but he goes on to say mix in the food that you are obsessed with and then take a bite. Once you are at that point you have created an aversion to the food you are compulsive over because you have attributed it to something completely disgusting. He said whenever you are craving that food to squeeze together those fingers b/c it will make you remember that aversion. It works fairly well. Then he did one on the other hand for motivation. You squeeze together your thumb and middle finger on your right hand and then imagine things that make you so happy and feel amazing, whatever it is get a good picture of it in your head and think about it. He goes on with that then and creates the same kind of remembrance, but this time you use the right hand when you are not feeling motivated. When you squeeze those two fingers together those happy feelings will be brought up and you will feel happy all over and that could help give you the motivation you need. He really isn't trying to pull the wool over your eyes. His work is pretty straightfoward and kind of a kick in the pants.
Rhighlan86 is offline   Reply With Quote