Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-08-2008, 10:46 AM   #1  
Paleo-ish Girl

S/C/G: 255.5/174/160

Height: 5'6"

Default Food detox

I'm starting to slow down the diet gerbil wheel. Enough so that I think, fairly soon, I'll be able to hop off and embrace food as...well...food, and not some kind of crutch or friend or what not.

Anyway, I still have these "episodes". Last night I was upset, and was baking cookies for a friend overseas. I always "taste test" a bit of the dough. But, in true fat woman style, a "taste" became another and another, then the cookies needed to be "tested". I could have just asked my husband (I know, it's a horrible fate to ask a man to throw himself upon fresh baked cookies )

This morning I'm feeling the effects of too much refined sugar in a usually "clean" diet. Bloaty, crampy, generally gross.

I need to food detox. I have to not eat until I'm actually hungry and not bloaty crappy. Today isn't going to be a very good "food" day...

Sorry, just needed to get this off my chest.
Altari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 10:53 AM   #2  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Hang in there, we've all been there. I have realized that I can't do the "just a taste" thing. Because that is my slippery slope and it is a FAST ride for me to the bottom of the mountain...
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 11:07 AM   #3  
Made of Starstuff

to you!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 12:24 PM   #4  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

More to you.

On the "detox" thing, though, that usually backfires for me. See, if I let myself get actually hungry, like you're planning, it gets harder for me to make good decisions...and the low blood sugar/crappy feeling from the refined sugar makes it even harder...a double whammy of bad-decision-influence. I find if I eat super duper clean (read: vegetables, fruit, and protein), but on my regular schedule, it gets rid of the icky feeling just as well, without risking making MORE bad choices from getting over hungry.

You know what works for you, though, so for now - right back on track.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 01:26 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Hm. 2 weekends ago. Me and a bag of sour cream and onion chips.

(no .. I'd never do that .. uh-uh)

I made sure the next day I ate lots of veggies and fruit the next day and drank a LOT more water to help get the salt out of my system. I still felt icky and sluggish, but better than I would have I think.

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 11:11 PM   #6  
Paleo-ish Girl

S/C/G: 255.5/174/160

Height: 5'6"

I drank a ton of water this morning to "flush" it all out. It did pretty good to get rid of the bloaty feeling.

I think I'm PMSing, so I tended towards salty (mmm...chips), sweet (Jamba Juice!) and carbs (spaghetti!). I was able to keep it in check though, and not go overboard. No feelings of OMGz I'm about to explode...

I'm going to start tomorrow off with a tangerine or two and a hard boiled egg and see how I hold up. 10AM and 7PM are my worst times...
Altari is offline   Reply With Quote