Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2002, 06:34 AM   #16  
Seeking God's Gold

Red face Sunday evening-Monday morning

Hello to Everyone!!!!!!

So wonderful to see this thread so active!!!! I missed a "few" days and boy and I behind. I was truly hoping to snoze and lose. First I would like to say Welcome to Dee~, Gary~, Tracy~and Merilee~!!!!!!! I think you will find this thread of wonderful folks both warm and encouraging.

I have been doing fairly well. Really good with my eating but unable to walk the treadmill some days but still appear to be losing according to my own scales. Hope they are correct!

WTG to all the losers!!!!!! Beth Anne~, Ginny~, Dee~, Monica~, And anyone else I may have missed . . . . . Keep up the good work!!!!! Here's a few bubbles to you losers!!!! O o Oo o~Oo O OoO O~ o O oO Oo O~ o Oo oO O ~o Oo oOo O ~oO ~Oo O o O oO~ O oOo O o O~o O oO O o~ Oo O oOo O~o O o OoO Oo ~O o Oo O o O~o O oOo O~ O oO o Oo o~Oo o Oo O ~o Oo~ O o Oo Oo~O o O!!!!!!

Beth Anne~ Good for you making those low calories soups!!! We did the same this weekend and found it great!!!! Good luck with your Dad, I pray that he will be encouraged to do this with you and your DH. Isn't it a great feeling when those jeans are found to be too big?!?! Oh yes!!!!

Wilma~ When it's cold it's so very hard to get that walk in but you did really well with your eating and water guzzling so you will succeed. After all we are learning a ligestyle change not dieting, right? You had to wash dishes for over 100?!?!? Oh my goodness!!! And I thought my family was a chore..........NOt like 100! lol

Ginny~ Don't ya just love those Bible studies? They just seem to fill up a void in your life and give you energy to keep going on, or at least they do for me. Keep singing that wonderful song, Standing on the Promises!

Pravda~ Yes last week was beautiful in Texas but then . . . . .what happened??? I have been frozen since Friday morning!!!!! We only got a few flurries and a little sleet but that 30 mph wind and those temps!! Now this week is to be back in the 60's and 70's, Praise God!!!! And I pray we don't all get sick!

Dee~ Wow you have lost very well and you are an inspiration to us all! Keep up the wonderful job you are doing. Isn't Joyce Meyers great? I just love her! I try to time my treadmill time when she is on the tv.

Zoe~ Hey there sweet friend! So glad you are back off vacation! I missed hearing from you! I know the first week back is always a bad one and sounds like yours was right there. Good job girl, moving that treadmill into the bedroom and getting that VCR!!!!! I have the treadmill there so now I have to get a VCR and I too will be set. You stay strong and directed and don't let the old have the victory! Ya hear????

Monica~ Its so hard to get that walk in some days but the mall thing sounds great except trying to stay out of those stores. LOL Did you find anything you couldn't live without? hehehe And the "Green Eggs and Ham" thing sounds great! That sounds like something I would do with my Kaci girl that will be 5 tomorrow and having my 14 yr old roll those eyes. LOL Keep it up though, they love it!

Gary~ How did your DD do with her singing this morning? I bet ya'll were definitely proud parents. Hope you find this thread to be great for you. We all do.

Sami~ Thanks Sami for starting the new thread. We continue to pray for your leg and your Dr's visit that God will give your Dr the power and ability to find the problem and be able to correct it before further damage can be done. You keep hanging in there my sweet friend, we are behind you!

Tracy~ So glad you have joined us! I hope you find us encouraging and we can all win the war against being overweight and become healthy.

Joanne~ Isn't spring wonderful with the farm coming alive again and all the newborn? I miss the days I spent as a child on the farm waking up to new little ones most spring mornings whether it be calves, colts, chicks, goslings, kids, piglets, etc..... babies, all babies. Enjoy it for me, will you?

Merilee~ As I have mentioned I like that "Standing on the Promises" song. I think if a person really thinks about those words it is bound to encourage him and give him strength. Glad to have you too.

Patricia & Joshua~ How did your WI go for both of you? We are waiting to hear. Maybe Joshua has gained what you have lost.

Well, I hope I got everyone there, it was hard since I was so far behind. But I hope you all know the love is there and I would like to say thanks always for all the support, encouragement, and love shared here. You really are a WONDERFUL bunch!!!!! God bless each and every one of you!!!!! Nighters!!! This kiddo is tired and hitting the sheets.

Note: I am not losing it but could not post this last night and had to try again this morning since forum was down. Thank goodness I didn't lose it!
Old 03-04-2002, 09:14 AM   #17  
Growing in Christ

Tracy - keep right on posting!!!

Can't make a long post this morning, Joshua has just gotten very "vocal"! But, wanted to share my weigh in... cosidering my last couple days, I'm pleased. Lost 3 lbs (dh lost 2)... so that puts me at 11 down since beginning WW 3 weeks ago, and puts dh at 10 down. Yippee!!!!

Patricia

173/162/156(first mini)/105ish(ultimate)
Old 03-04-2002, 10:17 AM   #18  

Default WOW, what a crowd this morning

I was trying to catch up after the weekend, and realized we already had 2 pages of post! I will read them thru out the day, I just wanted to say good morning! I did see that there were some New people on board-WELCOME! This is a great place to be with great people willing to support you when you need it!

I have not weighed myself in like 3 wks! I refuse! I know that I have not lost any, but I hope I have not gained! I do not feel any skinner! I ate a hamburger and fries last nite, then I had 5 little cookies and some pieces of muffins! I have really fallen off the wagon! I keep trying to refocus myself, it aint happening! I am praying the God will take this feeling of having to eat away! I do not want to reloss the same weight over and over again. So, this week, I will go weigh myself, get back in touch with reality, and start again.

I know that some carbs are not bad for me, but I feel so guilty for eating them. My PCOS makes it worse for me to eat them than most.

Enough of my whinning! I hope that everyone has a great and blessed day. Happy LOSING and stay on TARGET!

PRAVDA
Old 03-04-2002, 10:21 AM   #19  
Losin It For GOOD!

Default Good Morning Everyone

Well, I guess I missed a lot while I was gone!!!

Welcome to all the new people!! This is a GREAT thread to post on, and is very encouraging to me (and the rest of us I'm sure). Well I had a rough few days, Friday our office took us all out to lunch, Saturday we did a LOT of walking, so I was STARVING, and Sunday we had a HUGE Italian feast at my in-laws. But I managed to stay OP for the most part, just at the very high end of my range. At least I didn't gain any weight back, but I'm still the same. I think it will be easier for me to really stay OP and walking during the week, but the weekends are tough!!!

My best friend's husband said he noticed I already looked different, which was a GREAT encouragement to me..

I hope everyone has a great OP day.. and stay smilin!!
Old 03-04-2002, 10:32 AM   #20  
Quit counting at 45!

Good Morning All! It's a snowy day here in Manitoba. I know that spring is still a month away here but I can't wait for it. The seed packages are in the stores already and I am so ready for it to get warm. It's been cold for so long that I'm getting cabin fever.

DH and I are going to the city for 2 nights this week. I'm looking forward to the break. Hopefully the walking I do while shopping will count as exercise.

I did pretty well at the banquet on Saturday night. They served lean roast beef and baked potatoes so it wasn't a really high calorie meal. Plus doing dishes for 150 people has to have worked off a few calories, right?

A big welcome to Merilee! It's great to see this thread growing. All the more prayers being sent upward!!

Have a super day!
Old 03-04-2002, 09:15 PM   #21  
Losin It For GOOD!

Well another monday is over and gone, I really blew it today, but that's ok. I had 3 brownies!!! I Think it was from a TREMENDOUSLY carb-laden sunday.. remnants... oi. I hate being a carb addict. But at least I still came in OP so that's good. Made LOTS of point free veggie soup tonight, went for a 1 mile walk with the hubby... and I'm ready for a brownie-free Tuesday!!

Praying for all of you!
BA
Old 03-05-2002, 06:06 AM   #22  
Super Star

Good Morning All,

Beth-Anne I think that is a fine idea..can we make it a cookie free one too. I was very unchristian yesterday. There is this woman where I work and we used to be friends. Well for the first time in 2 years I started yapping about her and boy do I feel like pigging out. I need something to get this evil out of me. I do not want to feel such animosity for anyone. Help!! This has been the key point in me turning back to the Lord. I would appreciate any suggestions. Tracy
Old 03-05-2002, 07:21 AM   #23  
Seeking God's Gold

Smile Tuesday morning

Good Morning Everyone!!!!

Boy, am I the tired one this morning. I have been working lots of overtime with so many patients sick and we've admitted a lot in the past week. I worked all weekend 12 hrs a day at least and then again yesterday. I have another long day today but maybe maybe I can sneak in a nap this afternoon or something. Whew! I have WI tonight and according to my scales I will do well but those at WW weigh heavier than even my Dr.

Patricia~WTG losing 3# and DH 2# Keep up the walking and doing well!!!!! Oo O o ~oO oOo Oo O ~OoO O o oO O~ Oo o O OO OoO ~o oO Oo o O oO oOo ~O Oo O oO O o ~O Oo O oO O ~Oo oO o O OoO O o~ O oO Oo O Oo oO O~ Oo oO O Oo ~OoO O o Oo O oO~o Oo oO O o O!!!!!

Pravda~ Ok, so you have goofed a little, pick yourself up, dust yourself off and start over. YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!! Do not be defeated by the !!!! Let God have the glory!!!!

Beth Anne~ Isn't it great to be noticed??? I got noticed yesterday myself by 2 of my patients! Yipekio!!!! Sounds like even though you had the brownies you did pretty good. Walking is the answer! Keeping doing all the good!

Wilma~ Have fun in the city. I wish I could get away too. Maybe sometime soon. I am MORE than ready for spring myself!!!! It's finally warming back up after the horrible freezing weekend! You ended up washing dishes for 150 folks??? You are a dedicated person.

Tracy~ I'm with you . . . Beth Anne needs to come up with a fat free cookie recipe that doesn't taste fat free. Hehehe Stay strong my new friend and put your eyes on God. Put on the whole armor of God for protection. Go back and read about it maybe that will give you the strength you need.

Missing Ginny~Dee~Zoe~Monica~Gary~Sami~Joanne~Merilee and any others. Check in when you can. Hope everyone has a WONDERFUL Tuesday!!!!!!!
Old 03-05-2002, 09:51 AM   #24  
Losin It For GOOD!

So yay! One more pound GONE!!! Whoopee I was especially glad after my bad brownie day yesterday... I guess the walk helped!!!

Tracy- There are people in our lives that we won't ever like. There are several people I know that have hurt me so badly, I can't really even see them or talk to them. God doesn't want us to despise them, or be mean to them, but he also doesn't expect us to turn them into our best friends. But, slander isn't right either. Just try to keep your cool when she is around, and pray for her. Yes, that's right, I said PRAY for her. I have found that I cannot be mad or say mean things about someone I am praying for.. and I've heard that advice from many others before.

Hope you all have a great day...
Love in Christ,
your sister
Old 03-05-2002, 10:56 AM   #25  
burned out bus driver

Trust in the Lord with ALL your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all of your ways acknowledge him and he will direct your paths. Proverbs 3:4,5

Got a tough day ahead of me, dear Ladies. This career change I am about to undergo will come to a head today. Please pray for me. I do not handle change well.
I hope to check in later and see how each of you is doing. Forgive me for being selfish here, I had to check in and post for my sanity.
Ginny
Old 03-05-2002, 12:49 PM   #26  

Talking Tuesday greetings!

Hi everyone! God Bless each of you!

Tracy: I believe our Lord puts difficult people in our lives, to teach us "patients". We always learn more from those difficult trials and those difficult people, so SMILE your being educated.

Sister Joanne,
Old 03-05-2002, 02:24 PM   #27  

Hello, you guys!

Things are looking better today, I am feeling better about life!

Tracey-I agree with Beth Anne, pray for this person, ask God to give you the patience to deal with them, and let HIM shine thru! It gets hard to be upset or angry with someone when you are praying for them! I know! It works.

Ginny- Its all going to be okay. You can do it! With Gods help and us praying for you, you can not help but succeed in this job change!

HI to everyone else I missed!

Have a blessed day!
Pravda
262/252/190(small goal by 13 aug)/125

Old 03-05-2002, 04:06 PM   #28  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Angry I am really trying

Hi Ladies-- I have had nothing but trouble trying to send a message--I will try again. On Sunday my wife and I went and bought aN elliptical trainer and a home gym weight set instead of going to the home and garden show. We have had our eye on it for awhile--I wanted a treadmill but my wife [who runs 3-4 days a week] says the WORLD is my treadmill. WOMEN!!! OOPs!! SORRY!!Anyway I have taken the last 2 days off from work to get the room in the garage ready for it. No excuses now--I can be just like you ZOE if I put a t.v. down there--I need all the help I can get!!! Well I am going to send this and if it goes through I will send another. IN HIS LOVE--Gary
Old 03-05-2002, 04:17 PM   #29  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Angry I CAN'T BELIEVE IT !!!!

WOW!! IT WENT THROUGH!!! I have tried 4 times today and have had bad luck--of course I am new at this and make alot of mistakes!!!
MONICA- I am sending you some Ca. sunshine before the rain comes Wed.
PATRICIA- Don't you just love those gymnastics!!! I hope the day never comes when my kids are not playing a sport--it is coming soon though -- my son has only one more year of college track--although he plays mens' league softball--my daughter has 3 more years of college tennis[if she chooses to continue] and my step-daughter is entering high school next year[softball and soccer] They have all played year round so it has kept me busy!!!I love it.
WILMA- can you help me next Wed.? I too am head dishwasher at my church--next week my wife and I are in charge of baked potato dinner for 100-- of course they don't trust my cooking--HA-- so I have to do the dishes!!!
Old 03-05-2002, 04:25 PM   #30  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Angry FIGURED IT OUT

My problem is my messages are too long today--wife not here to fix my mess!!!SHERRY it must be quite blessing for your patients to have you! Just think of the extra money--do something nice for yourself!!PRAVDA I am also praying for you to refocus---every day is a new chance to start over--BETH ANNE, I too have Italian in-laws--HAPPY POLENTA!!! My carb downfall is the ALMIGHTY POTATO CHIP!!! TRACY, as I read your message I thought to myself to advise you to pray for the other girl---WOW so did everyone else---see, we do learn from HIM from time to time!!! GINNY, I am sure all will work out for you with all the prayers you are getting from this site.

Well gotta go pack up my tools for tomorrow--BLESS YOU ALL-Gary
Closed Thread