Most Embarrassing work out moments!

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Man o man! So work is going to be super late today so I fit in a work out this afternoon when I could sneak away (yay me!), anyway, I am "strength training" with this young personal training student, and since I was working out in the afternoon I had eaten lunch. I was on the mats and he was helping me stretch with my leg pushed back, he pushed a little further then I was used to (with my permission) and I let out a HUGE fart! Right in the cute boys FACE!!! To make matter worse he had to comment on that it's a sign I'm eating more protein...(smacks head in embarrassment). It's stuff like this that made me nervous about working out with people before, but this time I think I'm gonna just laugh it off. So
    Anyone else willing to share their embarrassing work out stories???
  • OMG I would have died of embarrassment. I have "tooted" while doing yoga, but thankfully in the privacy of my own home. I think any story that has something like that in it would be terrible
  • OH wow!!! How embarressing!! How amazing that you could laugh it off. I have had gas at the gym too but thankfully i was on like the treadmill but i'm still always afraid others might smell it. How EMBARRESSING. I try so hard to hold it in if i have gas but it can be so unpredictable. I am so impressed by you!!!
  • You poor thing! LOL
  • I've fallen off equipment. More than once.

That's a pretty funny story, though. At least he was good about it...I mean, the best you could be in that situation, IMO.
  • I've fallen off equipment, too. That was embarrassing and actually dangerous! And I've farted. I've farted so loud that people on other elliptical machines look over at me. And I've tried to do crunches in a room full of "hotties"... My belly rolls are too big!

You did the right thing by just laughing it off. Isn't it strange that there are certain bodily functions that are considered indecent or embarrassing? I mean, they're bodies! Everyone (even the hottie) farts from time to time. It is just the way bodies work!

Either way... Better out than in!
  • umm i think my worst was falling off the tread mill
  • I agree that it's embarrasing but at least your PT was a guy, and we all know that guys think farts are pretty cool and not at ALL anything to be embarrassed about. As far as my most embarrassing moment, I dropped an 8 lb. medicine ball on my head the other day. I was holding it over my head doing squats and my hands were sweaty and the dang think slipped out and bonked me. Talk about embarrasing...

Pam
  • OMG!! That was one of my worst fears during the annual Physical Fitness Test back in High School. One person would have to hold down your feet while you do sit-ups...I was always scared to fart so I would barely push myself

I havent had any experiences thus far, except for a big whole in my crotch that I didn't notice until AFTER I got off the Adductor/Abductor machine
  • Quote:
    I havent had any experiences thus far, except for a big whole in my crotch that I didn't notice until AFTER I got off the Adductor/Abductor machine

LOLOL!!!

Sgirl, that is one of my biggest fears! Exercise tends to squish around all that extra gas... not good timing!
  • when I was in kick& boxing 3 years ago, I would fart sometimes! I think it was the fact that I was moving so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ThankS goodness that with the music no one noticed (I THINK) LOL!
  • mine would be almost losing my front teeth by tripping on the treadmill. to this day, my friend and i still do NOT know how i managed to trip.
  • I've farted...a lot, lol! I did it in martial arts and in Pilates. >< Luckily, everyone else was too, so there would be this little laugh in the room each time and a chorus of "not me this time!"s...

The worst was in the pilates class, the first time, I wasn't expecting the head rush. She told us to get up slowly, but I didn't go slowly enough. Then I fell over. So this cute little teacher walks over and says in her cute little Indian accent "Are you OK, daaahling?" And my head is pounding from the rush, and I'm feeling nauseous, and I'm big and blubbery and 8 weeks post partum. "Um yeah, I'm cool."

Then I stood up and fell right back down, and quietly excused myself from the room to cry. :P
  • OMG... that is one of my worst fears when ever i'm in the Gym...
    But the worse was noticing a hole in my pants... how did it happen, and how come i didn't notice it?

But it was so funny when my instructor a little old fillipino lady "DID it"... she was laughing about it so hard, then explained that it was a normal natural thing that could happen to anyone.. and it was better to do it than keep it ..
  • Ah the exercise fart! On the treadmill farting little farts wondering if they make a sound (having headphones on ya think they don't but who knows!). I always need to burp and fart when I'm in the pool too, at least then I can get away with it and no one will know!