Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-08-2008, 07:13 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 163/128/125

Height: 5'5

I went from your current weight to your goal weight. It took me almost a year to lose the weight properly. That was about 3 years ago.

Also, your weight can flucuate by about 5 lbs each day due to what you are drinking or wearing.

You have to give it a LOT more time. Also, you are not eating much at all. Add some resistence training and a protein shake.

If losing that weight was easy, everyone would be thin and healthy. It takes patience, work, and an acknowledgement that nutricious eating is the ONLY thing that leads to permanent weight loss. That's the difference betweern us maintainers and yo-yo'ers that are never happy.
sacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 08:53 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 160/116/110

Height: 5' 4"

Thank you all for taking time and giving me advices.

Sacha, I've been in the 123-128 range for the last 2 years Its my fault that I didn't keep up with working out and my diet.
I had school for an excuse before, now I'm without any excuses.
Hopefully, I can wear a bikini this summer
dietnlose? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 10:36 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Well, I think you look great! How tall are you ? It just might be that you are at your ideal weight, now. Enjoy it !
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 11:20 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

I would say rather than focusing on losing 5-ish lbs, you focus on getting in shape. A lot of what you think is excess weight is probably mostly just needing to tighten up muscles, stand up straight (you're a little slouchy in your photo! ), and define yourself a little.

Is there a gym you can join? Or can you get a few workout DVDs and use them? Just working with resistance bands isn't going to do much in the long run.

Seems to me that weight is not the issue here - the issue for you is looking out of shape and (sorry ... not trying ot be offensive here) flabby.

So fix that ... and you may find that as you get stronger and more fit, you will lose those last 5lbs (or not, but you'll still look better).

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 11:53 AM   #20  
Running Fiend.

S/C/G: 210/165/145

Height: 5'7.5"

I have to echo the sentiments of everyone else. Never drop below 1200 in your calories to avoid slowing down your metabolism. It doesn't seem like you're eating enough. Have you calculated your BMR? I'd up your calories by 10% (of 1200) so around 1300-1350 to start to avoid any sudden weight gains from the calorie increase. If you're still not losing anything after two weeks, up it by 10% again. When you don't have a lot of weight to lose your body tends to hold onto your fat in case you go into a period of starvation or something. You can't starve the last few pounds off your body.

I also think resistance training would be great for you. In your picture you look just find and it seems like you feel more disproportioned than anything else. Weight training would help balance out your shape a little better so maybe you won't feel like you need to drop that much weight. What if you swapped one of your cardio sessions for weight training 2 or 3 times a week and see how that went? Resistance bands sound great
rockstar87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 07:51 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

I also agree that maybe instead of focusing on pounds, that you should focus instead on fitness.

What I have found, is that you will get better results if you switch up your exercises and branch out. Walking for instance, works different muscles than playing tennis. Strength training works the muscles differently than Tae Bo.

Also, it seems by looking at your photo, that you are simply larger framed on the top. Losing weight will not change that. You are sort of like an inverted triangle-with broad shoulders and narrow hips. Losing weight will not change your bone structure. However, getting more fit will firm you up and make your shape look better.

Also, you might find that wearing certain types of clothing will make you look better. Due to your body type, I would suggest a tankini bathing suit. It would provide more coverage to your upper body, and show off your small hips and legs.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 08:13 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 175/169/140

Height: 5' 3"

I agree with all the other posters...
Instead of focusing on weight-loss, focus on core body workout and total fitness.

Also, I think you would look awesome in a bikini just the way you are... enjoy the summer
needtobestrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 02:09 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 160/116/110

Height: 5' 4"

I appreciate all the comments. Thank you .

I'm probably going to a fitness center this weekend. I only have a month to get in a shape . After that I'll be out of the country for 3-4 months.

One more thing, this morning I weighed myself (128.4) again. I tried one of my jeans that I couldn't button up no matter what but, this morning I was able to button them It's still a little tight around the waist but still I must have lost something.
dietnlose? is offline   Reply With Quote