Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-08-2008, 08:28 AM   #31  
It's a life long struggle

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

I love it when people comment. I keeps me motivated. The only part about people noticing that I DONT like is that then I feel like they are watching me. Watching what I eat, or watching to see if I gain back...that kind of thing.
momof4girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 08:35 AM   #32  

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by full of grace View Post
And I said, "Yeah, I'm always 'lookin' good,' but now I'm lookin' better."

(I was SHOCKED at how egomaniacal I sounded!! But I was laughing and having fun with it and just thrilled to be able to test out the "how do comments feel" question with someone who said exactly the right thing--that I already looked great, but that the weightloss was noticeable.)
You might not have sounded as egotistical as you think! One of the things that kicked me into gear to get my wide butt back into WW was an interview with Queen Latifa. She's not a little girl, but she's gorgeous. Ellen Degeneres started the interview by talking about Latifa's weight loss and recent breast-reduction surgury. Ellen started the next question with, "Some people have accused you of being sexy." Latifa popped up in her chair, her face absolutely lit up. That woman glowed! The audience went nuts. She turned to grin at the audience, and said in the funniest, happiest, confident voice, "Well, then I'm guilty as charged!". She didn't sound even the least bit egotistical. She was so happy and so pleased.

All I could think of was that I want to feel as happy as Latifa looked at that moment. I want to be guilty of being sexy again.
havoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 06:24 PM   #33  
blissfully gluten-free

S/C/G: 195/192/170

Height: 5'7"...................................... waist: 38"/34"/28"

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by havoc View Post
You might not have sounded as egotistical as you think! One of the things that kicked me into gear to get my wide butt back into WW was an interview with Queen Latifa. She's not a little girl, but she's gorgeous. Ellen Degeneres started the interview by talking about Latifa's weight loss and recent breast-reduction surgury. Ellen started the next question with, "Some people have accused you of being sexy." Latifa popped up in her chair, her face absolutely lit up. That woman glowed! The audience went nuts. She turned to grin at the audience, and said in the funniest, happiest, confident voice, "Well, then I'm guilty as charged!". She didn't sound even the least bit egotistical. She was so happy and so pleased.

All I could think of was that I want to feel as happy as Latifa looked at that moment. I want to be guilty of being sexy again.
What a GREAT example! Thank you!

"Guilty as charged!" I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks!
full of grace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 07:08 PM   #34  

Quote:
Originally Posted by havoc View Post

Omg. Fact: I love Queen Latifah. Haha.
cephalopod gal is offline   Reply With Quote